Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 18:07   Link #6001
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Think about it. What Kallen did in episode 19 basically matches what she did at the end of the first season. Lelouch told her a lie and she left him. (He made a statement that allowed her to realize he was lying this time...but it doesn't change the fact that the other Black Knights had a chance to fire at him as a result.)

Lelouch would be dead right now if it wasn't for Rolo. Kallen left him this season the same way she left him the first season. It's pretty good writing honestly. The irony is really there.
i am still waiting for the resolution of that.
From our girl interrupted.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 18:08   Link #6002
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Think about it. What Kallen did in episode 19 basically matches what she did at the end of the first season. Lelouch told her a lie and she left him. (He made a statement that allowed her to realize he was lying this time...but it doesn't change the fact that the other Black Knights had a chance to fire at him as a result.)

Lelouch would be dead right now if it wasn't for Rolo. Kallen left him this season the same way she left him the first season. It's pretty good writing honestly. The irony is really there.
Except she left him at the end of the season and here is not the end. Here they're giving her the chance to get back.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:12   Link #6003
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
She still has to resolve her relationship with Lelouch, which is bound to keep her alive for a while yet, if not to the end.
I agree this entire season has teased about these two. So many close moments. As they are about to get close something has interrupted them. What would be the point of all of this if it never came to anything? It would be a waste of her character's entire development.Maybe we were being teased and teased so the finale will have some closure. If they resolved things suddenly, like Shirley, she probably would of died.

She has become closer to him then any other character. Though the real C.C. is back, but her fate is up in the air right now.
Kallen pretty much confessed to Lelouch there in 19. She said she's die with him, but just wanted to know what she was to him. She was desperately pleads for an answer. Her line, "Come on. Please, tell me.". Sadly, he had to lie to her to get her to walk away, but he told her something so she would understand.

Quote:

Well, 19 was different. This is from the Korean Spoilers that were out months before episode 19
Korean Spoiler
"Kallen stands in the crossroads of selection, can't decide whether to betray Zero with all other Black Knights or not. A lie from Lelouch hurts her feelings and she decides to leave him. However, when she's thinking about leaving, Lelouch's last line becomes the key to express his true feelings to Kallen."

In this scene he lied to her to save her life. She was willing to die with him in this one and she looked to. If he had told her anything else she wouldn't of walked out of the line of fire. Once she was clear, as the spoiler say, he whispered his true feelings to her. She realized what he had done and tried to get them to stop.
Even now she's still defending him. She's not even attending meetings with the others.

The two events aren't the same. Similar, but not really the same.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:15   Link #6004
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
i am still waiting for the resolution of that.
From our girl interrupted.
To each his own I guess.

I'm sticking a fork in their storyline though. I think all major developments are pretty much done.

(I wouldn't be surprised if Kallen launched in episode 24 or 25 and helped him though. Anything more would stun me.)

Edit: Don't use the Korean Blogs to support anything. That blogger clearly exaggerated on several spoilers.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 18:19   Link #6005
Var
Banned

Quote:
Edit: Don't use the Korean Blogs to support anything. That blogger clearly exaggerated on several spoilers.
Yes, the C.C. ones. The Kallen one is so vague that we had hardly any idea what it meant. No one expected what we got, to say the least.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 18:30   Link #6006
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
To each his own I guess.

I'm sticking a fork in their storyline though. I think all major developments are pretty much done.

(I wouldn't be surprised if Kallen launched in episode 24 or 25 and helped him though. Anything more would stun me.)

I'll use whatever I want for justification when it was correct about most of the events. They were only off on a few details through out. a near 95% rate is better then the 2% rate of sites like 2chan.
I actually predicted before the episode aired that she would stay with the Black Knights, but still believe in Lelouch. It's obvious when you read it carefully.

The season has developed her into being the one with the best understanding of Lelouch. After Kallen met with Nunnally I don't think an episode past that she wasn't learning more about him. They didn't have to do that for every episode to get the point across that she's believe in him.

It was Lelouch who panicked the most when she was captured. That surprised everyone on the bridge. Including C.C. He risked an almost defeat in an attempt to rescue her. he even apologized for not coming sooner.

I don't know for sure if this will lead to anything much more dramatic, but you can't also say that you know it wont or that it would be surprising. How could it be surprising when if something happens it was teased all season?
To date the show has wasted very little in the way of scenes. Even scenes one would think are pointless have led to interesting points.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:32   Link #6007
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
they were wrong about the corssroad thing
she wasnt in a dilema about whether or not to betray him
she deceided right then and there to stay with him to the end
he had to lie to her (rather brutally) in order to get her to leave becouse anything else (anything) he might have said would lead to her death
its like that magazine that said that meeting nununly and suzaku would challange her resolve (which it didnt at all)
Old 2008-08-26, 18:32   Link #6008
TheDisruptiveOne

I suppose it's possible that Kallen will be reunited with Lelouch during episode 22. Maybe she will see him together with C.C. and decide that he matches up better with her or realize that CC understands him or something. That would be another method of ending her crush.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:34   Link #6009
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

if it was a crash
but its not (at this point its rather clear)
Old 2008-08-26, 18:36   Link #6010
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
they were wrong about the corssroad thing
she wasnt in a dilema about whether or not to betray him
she deceided right then and there to stay with him to the end
he had to lie to her (rather brutally) in order to get her to leave becouse anything else (anything) he might have said would lead to her death
its like that magazine that said that meeting nununly and suzaku would challange her resolve (which it didnt at all)
That is a cross roads. When you are put into a position to make two choices. It was a dilemma they were pointing guns at her. She was given a touch option between the two. I would call walking away to live or not a pretty big dilemma.
I didn't include the magazine, because it wasn't from the Korean spoilers. Those are two different sources.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:36   Link #6011
Var
Banned

I'm waiting for her to be crying at the steps of the Geass ruins, banging on the door for Lelouch. Just watch it happen!
Old 2008-08-26, 18:38   Link #6012
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I'm waiting for her to be crying at the steps of the Geass ruins, banging on the door for Lelouch. Just watch it happen!
God that would be so cliche, but I'd still love it. It would just need Lelouch popping up with a witty remark to complete the scene.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:38   Link #6013
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Go write some fanfiction Var, lol.

We might get lucky and see her looking out the window of the ship to watch the battle next week...I wouldn't expect anything more than that though.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:40   Link #6014
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

im more interested at what the ragnarok thing is
the summery said that lulu rebels against his dad when he thinks that the new world has no future
no future for who (lulu and charlse are trapped)
Old 2008-08-26, 18:41   Link #6015
Var
Banned

Quote:
Go write some fanfiction Var, lol.

We might get lucky and see her looking out the window of the ship to watch the battle next week...I wouldn't expect anything more than that though.
It's quite clear I was joking. But seeing as how I do not expect C.C. to survive this next episode barring some incredibly terrible deus ex machina, Lelouch is going to need the one person who understands him. I'm sorry, but they've been building that fact all season, there's a reason for it.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:42   Link #6016
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
the summery said that lulu rebels against his dad when he thinks that the new world has no future
A world with no future means a world which is stagnant and unchanging. There's no development, no evolution, just the ever-present status-quo. This is an undesirable thing.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:42   Link #6017
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Same here can't wait for 21. Regarding Kallen I just want to see her make her decision about staying with the BK or going to find Lelouch. Kaguya and C.C. are already going so hopefully Kallen makes her move too.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:43   Link #6018
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
A world with no future means a world which is stagnant and unchanging. There's no development, no evolution, just the ever-present status-quo. This is an undesirable thing.
seems Claw manish. or What his face from GSD.
The good thing of this all is that Charles is not end boss.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 18:44   Link #6019
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Sounds like a Growlanser game, lol.

As a Kallen fan...I would like to see him think about Kallen when he decides to reject that kind of world, but I don't think he will. If he rejects it the Emperor's idea...I think he will do so because of C.C.
Old 2008-08-26, 18:46   Link #6020
Var
Banned

Quote:
Sounds like a Growlanser game, lol.

As a Kallen fan...I would like to see him think about Kallen when he decides to reject that kind of world, but I don't think he will. If he rejects it the Emperor's idea...I think he will do so because of C.C.
I did not expect him to think of Kallen this episode, yet he did. He left something important in her hands.

I do not see how the person he thought he could trust, who is now going to turn out to have been lying to him, is going to be the reason he revolts. It seems he revolts before those two women appear to mess with Charles.