AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-04-19, 22:50   Link #1361
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
So both go hand in hand then?

What about a single atom? studying chemistry I'm pretty sure it's still attracted to something of opposite charge to itself to achieve 8 electron configuration which means it has something like a magnetic field. But does it exhibit signs of voltage via orbiting electrons?
yes

see my last post

Charged particles attract each other almost identicaly as manetic fields attract each other so what you are thinking of is ionic bonding where it is electrical charge that atracks them not magnetic. There would be a voltage diffrence between the 2. but remember for a voltage diffence to happen something has to loose or gain charged particles (electrons or protons) just changeing orbitals will not change the charge of the atom.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 22:53   Link #1362
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
No atom is completely stable. Not even the noble gases.
They are the most stable of all of them though.

Spontanity of reactions is determined by measurements of free energy (G) compared to heat of reaction (H) and entropy (S).

When was Delta H of every standard element of 0. Where are you citing this?
From THE wiki:
"All elements in their standard states (oxygen gas, solid carbon in the form of graphite, etc.) have a standard enthalpy of formation of zero, as there is no change involved in their formation."
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 23:03   Link #1363
demino_hellsin
That one guy

bad examples I'd think. Oxygen gas implies O2 which is diatomic meaning it has an established bond which implies it's stable due to already being formed. Graphite is crystal lattice bond.

If an atom stands alone on its own. That is our issue now.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 23:18   Link #1364
Dyingbreath

Quote:
bad examples I'd think. Oxygen gas implies O2 which is diatomic meaning it has an established bond which implies it's stable due to already being formed. Graphite is crystal lattice bond.

If an atom stands alone on its own. That is our issue now.
That's what the wiki had...
In any case the same holds true for single atoms as well because they are in their natural state.
Old 2013-04-19, 23:23   Link #1365
demino_hellsin
That one guy

umm... no. My professors said that natural state indicates most stable state. Oxygen's most stable state is when a diatomic bond is present. O2. Hence when you indicate oxygen in air, you never identify it as just O, it's always O2. When you perform stoichiometric equations with air, you treat moles of oxygen as 32kg/kmol in molecular weight opposed to 16 as indicated by the periodic table. This is because air is normally given to you in mixtures of CO2, O2, CO, N2, H2.

Given these, you divide them according to individual atoms to make things easier to calculate but that doesn't indicate that the atoms literally split into individual atoms. :/

For having diatomic molecules and crystals as examples of stable natural states, it tells us single atom isn't completely stable. Because single atoms are trying to achieve these natural stable states.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-04-19 at 23:41.
Old 2013-04-20, 09:35   Link #1366
Dyingbreath

Quote:
umm... no. My professors said that natural state indicates most stable state. Oxygen's most stable state is when a diatomic bond is present. O2. Hence when you indicate oxygen in air, you never identify it as just O, it's always O2. When you perform stoichiometric equations with air, you treat moles of oxygen as 32kg/kmol in molecular weight opposed to 16 as indicated by the periodic table. This is because air is normally given to you in mixtures of CO2, O2, CO, N2, H2.

Given these, you divide them according to individual atoms to make things easier to calculate but that doesn't indicate that the atoms literally split into individual atoms. :/

For having diatomic molecules and crystals as examples of stable natural states, it tells us single atom isn't completely stable. Because single atoms are trying to achieve these natural stable states.
I mentioned the diatomics up above and they are exceptions, but they are the only exceptions.
Old 2013-04-20, 09:40   Link #1367
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I did point out that graphite still doesn't exist as a lone atom right?

I'm pretty sure that's interlinked carbon with crystallizing water. Or at least just pure interlinked carbon. :|
Old 2013-04-20, 11:56   Link #1368
Dyingbreath

Quote:
I did point out that graphite still doesn't exist as a lone atom right?

I'm pretty sure that's interlinked carbon with crystallizing water. Or at least just pure interlinked carbon. :|
graphite is pure interlinked carbon in hexagonal patterns with "sheets" separated by weak theta electron links.
I just copy and pasted from the wiki so...
Old 2013-04-20, 12:18   Link #1369
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Not a lone atom then. :/
Old 2013-04-20, 13:30   Link #1370
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Who is stronger, Accelerator with his full brain or awakened Kakine? ; Angelerator or Gabriel?
Old 2013-04-20, 13:33   Link #1371
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Who is stronger, Accelerator with his full brain or awakened Kakine? ; Angelerator or Gabriel?
Accelerator in case one and probably Gabriel in case two.
Old 2013-04-20, 13:34   Link #1372
Haigon

In Battle Royale Accelerator didn't nearly kill the Awakened Kakine (Aiho stopped him)?
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:42   Link #1373
leukrota

If you are going to compare a full health Accelerator, it should be to Kakine's latest incarnation. In which case it would be a perpetual draw.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 13:42   Link #1374
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
In Battle Royale Accelerator didn't nearly kill the Awakened Kakine (Aiho stopped him)?
Was he just awakened completely after awakening of Accelerator? Or between half-awakened Kakine and fully awakened Kakine the very small difference in power?

Quote:
If you are going to compare a full health Accelerator, it should be to Kakine's latest incarnation.
I hope under the term "Kakine's latest incarnation" you mean the awakened Kakine?
Old 2013-04-20, 13:44   Link #1375
Haigon

Quote:
Was he just awakened completely after awakening of Accelerator? Or between half-awakened Kakine and fully awakened Kakine the very small difference in power?
After Accelerator awaken

Spoiler for Awakening:
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 14:07   Link #1376
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
After Accelerator awaken

Spoiler for Awakening:
So because of this we can say that Accelerator with his full brain is stronger than full-awakened Kakine or equal to him on power, right?
Old 2013-04-20, 14:09   Link #1377
Dyingbreath

Quote:
So because of this we can say that Accelerator with his full brain is stronger than full-awakened Kakine or equal to him on power, right?
I answered how I did because Accelerator is, how would you say... haxxor. His power can't be beaten.
That being said Gabriel is a force of nature and can probably wipe Accelerator from existence if necessary so he could beat even angel-class accelerator.
Old 2013-04-20, 20:34   Link #1378
Dyingbreath

Could Fiamma survive ground zero of a nuclear explosion? Othinus? Ollerus? Aleister? Accelerator?
Old 2013-04-20, 20:36   Link #1379
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Accelerator can survive the nuclear explosion itself, but the complete lack of oxygen from it being burned up in the blast would quickly suffocate him. He comments on this in both the Railgun manga and the light novels. "I guess surviving a nuclear explosions is right out, huh?"
Old 2013-04-20, 20:37   Link #1380
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath View Post
Could Fiamma survive ground zero of a nuclear explosion? Othinus? Ollerus? Aleister? Accelerator?
Anything is possible with Othinus.

Aleister would definitely survive.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science