Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-19, 04:23   Link #261
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
but yeah, they sure went a little easy on the perverted jokes this time around
Trip to Kyoto was entirely filler, not from the manga. That's why the jokes seems to be lightweight compared to the previous episodes.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 05:48   Link #262
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Looks like the VA is being typecast as a pervert character
I'm surprised there's not more talk about who's voicing this entrepreneur/yuri camera otaku, given that's all people seem to be talking (and bitching) about over in the Ookami-san thread, is the character(?) she's voicing on that show...

Maybe if she glomped Aria or Shino and started calling her "Oneee-samaaaa~", or mixed in a "Mattaku..." or a "[something] desu no" every once in a while, people might take more notice... ^_^

Although she is using a slightly different voice from her most popular one, so maybe people just haven't noticed...
Old 2010-07-19, 06:04   Link #263
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Aki Toyosaki as the media club girl is nicely done. I don't know about typecasting. She sounds pretty natural to me as either a perverted girl or a cutesy-sounding one.

I don't know why she's so disliked by some anime fans. I think she has a cute, unique voice to her.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 06:09   Link #264
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Trip to Kyoto was entirely filler, not from the manga. That's why the jokes seems to be lightweight compared to the previous episodes.
I actually took it from Hata, that without Tsuda in the mix these two girls are a lot different

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Looks like the VA is being typecast as a pervert character
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Although she is using a slightly different voice from her most popular one, so maybe people just haven't noticed...
Oh, I've taken notice alright, I make it my prerogative to not look up VA info ahead of airtime so I can surprise myself, and the moment she started the interview I was sold, she does bring about a normal tone of voice, which is actually making Hata all the more believable with that deadpan look in her eyes

This is also why I haven't made a single comment in the Ookami-san thread about what I feel of Ookami-san's Kuroko, because I'm liking this Hata version more
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 06:17   Link #265
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Aki Toyosaki as the media club girl is nicely done. I don't know about typecasting. She sounds pretty natural to me as either a perverted girl or a cutesy-sounding one.

I don't know why she's so disliked by some anime fans. I think she has a cute, unique voice to her.
I don't know who you're thinking of, but the camera girl, Ranko Hata, is voiced by Satomi Arai. AKA Kuroko from Railgun. AKA Narrator from Ookami-san. Aki Toyosaki's not even in this anime. Or looking in the credits, she at least wasn't in this episode...
Old 2010-07-19, 06:29   Link #266
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Oh yeah. Somehow Uiharu's seiyuu popped in my head. You're right though. My mistake. Ranko Hata, people keep saying she sounds older than her age, but there's just something about her voice that sounds cutesy still. Uiharu/Toyosaki being the typical baby-girl style voicing.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 08:13   Link #267
Sparvid
*hic*

I loved that she brought a boom mic and a steadicam

Also interesting to see Takatoshi's sister. I was wondering when she might get some more screen time, considering that she's seen in the opening credits. Although, since the plot revolves around school, I'm guessing she might not have a reason to show up too often.
Old 2010-07-19, 08:55   Link #268
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This just keeps getting better. Loved episode 3 , especially the Suzu scenes. The scene where she insulted the english guy made me laugh so hard, I knew it was coming, but I still didn't expect her to react so strongly

There were less sex jokes this time around, yet I think it was the funniest episode so far. Loving Kuroko, I never thought such a stoic character (in appearance at least) would be that crazy.
Old 2010-07-19, 15:06   Link #269
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This just keeps getting better. Loved episode 3 , especially the Suzu scenes. The scene where she insulted the english guy made me laugh so hard, I knew it was coming, but I still didn't expect her to react so strongly

There were less sex jokes this time around, yet I think it was the funniest episode so far. Loving Kuroko, I never thought such a stoic character (in appearance at least) would be that crazy.
Lol that part had meh cracking up also, the camera girl was kind of funny, the part with that bird when they were trying to take a picture and the Deer part also

And yes, i agree it is the funniest episode so far.

Last edited by Lamar; 2010-07-19 at 15:17.
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 15:38   Link #270
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The Kyoto arc was kind of cute ... and yes, the standup comedy team of Shino and Aria fails without Tsuda. Very interesting and self-aware of them to notice. Shino was very child-like (heh, omiyagi overload).

But mostly I enjoyed the Hagimura/Tsuda portion of the episode: The compelled-to-obey-little-sister; the Hagimura&Tsuda Meet The Gaijin segment; and the "in Hagimura's house" sequence. Hagi's mom ... I can only assume she's THAT excited her daughter has finally brought a guy home.
Old 2010-07-19, 21:02   Link #271
ZeKeR
Superbad

so guys... where next?
Old 2010-07-20, 11:36   Link #272
Solafighter
Hige

"yuttari, sukkiri, nonbiri~~~"
from episode 3, couldnt stop laughing for 5 minutes.

Excellent series. Non-stop laugher.
Old 2010-07-20, 13:28   Link #273
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just fyi ... the sounds the gaijin were making are the Japanese equivalent of "blah blah blah babble babble babble". Also seen in Azumanga Daioh and Ichigo Masimaro, if my faulty memory serves...

though the rather effeminate gestures and Italian-esque intonation seems fairly random (as does the blonde afro perm).

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-07-20 at 17:10.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 15:14   Link #274
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Thanks i didnt know that i was questions why the jokes were so dry and tame. I didnt enjoy this episode nearly as much as the first 2 but i still enjoyed it.
Old 2010-07-20, 15:19   Link #275
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Thanks i didnt know that i was questions why the jokes were so dry and tame. I didnt enjoy this episode nearly as much as the first 2 but i still enjoyed it.
Did you at least find the part where she cussed at the foreigner funny?
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 15:23   Link #276
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
They weren't quite as "4-koma setup, bamm, takedown" but many of them were engineered to fail, as camera-girl notes the jokes just don't work without Tsuda as part of the comedy team.
Old 2010-07-20, 15:34   Link #277
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
Did you at least find the part where she cussed at the foreigner funny?
Actually i did find that funny. Also the blah blah blah part was funny since i knew what they were implying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They weren't quite as "4-koma setup, bamm, takedown" but many of them were engineered to fail, as camera-girl notes the jokes just don't work without Tsuda as part of the comedy team.
I think maybe thats what it was. It seems when one or in this case 2 parts of the act are missing the jokes just aren't not spot on. Also, it seems Tsuda's response to many of the girls comments is the key stone in determining how it actually comes out and how funny it will be. Without him the jokes just fail to produce that kind of laughter i had from the first 2 episodes.
Old 2010-07-20, 16:07   Link #278
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lunchtime I browsed through the Doki, Ryuumaru, and Ayako fansubs ... argh, as is often the case, I preferred pieces of each one over the others.

Ayako is more blunt and sometimes the grammar is awkward (if more precise) and I like their font/shading. Doki's conversational style is more natural and I really like the way they "*" the drum bonks in the dialog. Doki also provided the underlying reason in signage title for Suzu being late to the meeting and would more often go for a less clinical noun (which sometimes made the joke funnier). I liked the font/shading the least in Ryuumaru but otoh their translation choices were naturally written with a nice mix of noun choices - several of the jokes about periods sounded funnier with their choices. All of them made a least a few pronoun errors at different points (e.g. Shino isn't showing Aria around the school, she's showing Tsuda).

All in all, the three groups are doing fine but you may find that some jokes seem less funny or more funny to you than someone watching the other group's work.

I'll probably end up watching all of them and then if I archive the series, do a bit of aegisubbing so I don't twitch.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-07-20 at 16:22.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 17:27   Link #279
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Its a 4-koma comic adaptation .... "progression" usually takes a back seat to "daily life" humor. Not that it doesn't happen (e.g. Azumanga Daioh, Working!!, etc) - its just fairly slow in comparison.
B Gata H Kei was also 4koma. They did pretty well, even if the story closes without the characters obtaining their "goal".
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 17:53   Link #280
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
B Gata H Kei was also 4koma. They did pretty well, even if the story closes without the characters obtaining their "goal".
aye.. which is why I mentioned two series where progress happens just to show 4-koma weren't static "Back seat" doesn't mean "not in the car at all"

Tags
comedy, shounen