AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-20, 02:50   Link #81
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Spoiler for ep7:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 19:30   Link #82
Midonin
Last Engage

Mayu's House of Horrors 07 - Festivals Are For Drinking

That's a bit of a different take for a festival episode. The special ondo ED was cute too. A bit Flash animationy, but it works. Shamo and Mayu make a great comedic pair. Her being able to twist the story into an insult against Mayu was great, and Yoshino completely messing up her storytelling sense was amusing too. And then there's Gonta. He's persistent and easily drawn in by the idea of wardrobe malfunctions, but for the one dude among the cast, he's proving to be a valuable part of the comedic ensemble. His mom's not half bad either. The chemistry with this cast is really good.

Last edited by Midonin; 2011-08-29 at 19:24.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 22:25   Link #83
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Hmm this episode seemed a bit weaker, it had some funny moments in the ghost stories, but overall felt a bit lacking compared most of the other episodes, not sure what it was. At least Meiko did something besides fighting with Sasana I guess >_>.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 14:38   Link #84
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I loved that matsuri dance ED. This is one show that's pretty much a guaranteed good mood generator for me, week after week.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 22:33   Link #85
FateAnomaly

Yuzu story is actually the scariest. lol.

I have a feeling that the boss and employee duo will become successful again and then brought down to earth by Shamo again.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 01:39   Link #86
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Hmm this episode seemed a bit weaker
Compared to the last episode, which was outstanding, I'd agree, but I still found this a very solid episode overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I loved that matsuri dance ED. This is one show that's pretty much a guaranteed good mood generator for me, week after week.
I concur on both counts. This show has a unique quality that I can't put my finger on, it's just so pleasant and fun to watch. The ending reminded me of Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokura-chan's similarly themed one.
Old 2011-08-26, 09:20   Link #87
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

The part on having gods give the 101 ghost stories is a bit *facepalm*. That said Shamo is very knowledgable and pally with Gonta's mom so they should be about the same age. The scariest story told IMO was the disembodied heads
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 17:35   Link #88
ujiuji

Not my favourite episode, I think Sengoku Otome ~Momoiro Paradox~ did a more original / amusing take on the ghost stories theme last season. However I agree that Shamo's story was the best, it actually seemed like it was going to be genuinely creepy at the beginning before it became obvious what she was really doing. Best part of the episode was the dance, so simple but so smile-inducing.
ujiuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 15:22   Link #89
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Judging by his character song, Gonta is apparently a fox.
Old 2011-08-29, 19:27   Link #90
Midonin
Last Engage

Great Gambler Mayu 08 - Never Odd Or Even; If I Had A Hi-Fi

Now that Shizuha has joined the cast, great to see her in a prominent role. So she's a drunken gambler. It explains where Gonta got his stubborn streak from, at least. Mayu, while still a lazy gamer, her desire to get it back is understandable. Anyone who gets up to level 99 in a game - on two files, no less - has some dedication, especially with how long level grinding can take. And her trick with the dice was actually pretty clever. Poor Yuzu, though. I get the feeling that the Boss is about to suffer another fall from his perch. Never get Shamo angry. Still a solidly enjoyable show.
Old 2011-08-29, 21:35   Link #91
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Hmmm a fun episode, though I see bad things in the boss's future again at this rate . Shizuha made a great addition to the cast to keep things interesting. Though Gonta remains as much of a pervert as ever .
MAL
Old 2011-08-30, 00:16   Link #92
Nvis
Where are the good animes

This show should needs to be more popular, totally underrated.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 22:06   Link #93
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yuzu in a miko outfit she just look so cute
Old 2011-08-30, 22:49   Link #94
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Incidentally Yuzu in this case looks like the classic version of Reimu Hakurei, purple hair and all, an effect likely amplified in the manga version.

And ugh... It figures that Mayu would completely forget about Yuzu once she got her game back.
Old 2011-08-30, 23:38   Link #95
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Gonta is emerging as the funniest character in the show for me, and Yuzu the most likable. I'd like to see them end up together, though I very much doubt it'll happen.
Old 2011-09-05, 02:46   Link #96
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

So thats how they met. I seriously wonder whether Mayu could do those wishes he proposed or he would have done the prosperity wish for Yuzu by now.

Kid Yuzu is cute and kind too.
Old 2011-09-05, 19:28   Link #97
Midonin
Last Engage

Mayu's Ordinary Life 09 - Another Peaceful Day at Yaoyorozudou

So that was Anri Katsu as Kotetsu. I was so hoping it was Minoru Shiraishi. It almost sounded like him too! But I guess one talking cat is enough for Shiraishi this season. A nice episode on the B-plot of "Mayu and Yuzu's past". Losing a pet is tough, but gaining a cat god in return doesn't sound too bad. Mayu's presence has brought a lot to Yuzu's life. And seeing Mayu so desperately try to fulfill the wish, even if she though her heart wasn't in it, was really heartwarming. Using Yoshino as a sounding board for Mayu to explain her past was a good choice. Getting in a flashback can be tricky sometimes. On a final note, Mayu does a pretty good impression of her mother. Props to Tomatsu for that - doing an impression of Satomi Arai cannot be easy.
Old 2011-09-05, 20:48   Link #98
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A nice take of "Gift of the Magi" there. This show simply never disappoints me - it really is a quiet little gem.
Old 2011-09-05, 20:59   Link #99
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Man the flashback episodes seem to be soo good for this series , the mood they set with them is making them become my favorite portion of the series. It was nice to see how Mayu and Yuzu first met .
MAL
Old 2011-09-12, 14:20   Link #100
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Start of a long (it seems) arc. I dunno, the lighthearted silly nature of the anime might be too heavily impacted by a long serious arc. I like its silliness.

Shamo shows up and Mayu saves the owner from once again getting whacked (unknowingly) by her. The poor girl keeps getting the short end of the stick from people (such as the terrible store guy who didn't allow her to change her beer after he knocked it down).

Tags
fantasy, shounen, supernatural