AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-01-25, 00:01   Link #281
Seiryuu

Did I somehow give the impression that I thought Asuta was somehow interested in Hazumu pregirl? Sorry if that's how it came across. "I loved you before so I still love you" refers exclusively to Tomari and Yasuna. Asuta is the annoying "you were my best friend but now you're stacked" character. As I said, given a full, legitimate transformation, I too would have trouble with my best friend becoming a gorgeous babe. It just seems so annoying for the guy to just suddenly change his viewpoint.
I must admit, though, it's less annoying than many male romantic/comedic characters. So many of them end up repeating stupid mantras to try(unsuccessfully) to hold themselves back, like "might be a relative...mightbearelative/which one is a relative?!"(Onegai Twins' Maiku) or "She's the same age as Nina, same age as Nina..."(Sergey Wang). At least he's not beating himself up for ten to fifteen episodes.
Why does everyone say Asuta's the center of a harem? In harem situations you've got several characters halfway in love with one. We've got that, but Asuta's the comic relief, not the center. He's the one that's always trying to claim the main character only to be knocked out or worse by another. I must admit, this is the first time I've seen a harem where one girl has one guy and several girls after her. Not exactly Love Hina...
As to the yuri question(MORE MANGA), I do recall that Tomari never admitted her love for Hazumu until a beach chapter, at which point she specifically told Yasuna "I'm in love with HER." At the very least, they were trying to encourage that crowd.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 00:01   Link #282
eMpTy265
<unranked>

While we're on the yuri topic, I'm interested to know what kind of situation would classify as yuri for you:

Though it may seem a bit pointless, I'm interested to see where people draw the line...

Scenario 1:

Hazumu and group go their separate ways...

10 years later, she meets some random lady and falls in love with her...

Yuri or not yuri?

Scenario 2:

10 years later, she meets Tomari and falls in love with her...

Yuri or not yuri?

Scenario 3:

10 years later, she meets Yasuna and falls in love with her...

Yuri or not yuri?

Scenario 4:

Hazumu gets used to being a girl, and eventually falls in love with Tomari...

Yuri?

Scenario 5:

Hazumu gets over her previous feelings for Yasuna.... but later develops feelings for her again.

Yuri?

Scenario 6:

Hazumu can't get over her previous feelings for Yasuna, and they fall in love.

Yuri?

Last edited by eMpTy265; 2006-01-25 at 00:11.
eMpTy265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 00:30   Link #283
Seiryuu

If one of the central relationships is a girl who is clearly focused on another girl, whether she's got a male chasing her(Kannadzuki no Miko), or there's no appearance of true romance(MariMite), it's yuri. Minor suggestions meant to tease the crowd(like Nanoha) don't count, nor minor characters(like Shizuru of My-HiME). Friendship doesn't count either(I've seen a few things about Sakura and Ino...).
Personally, I think that to be called "yuri", it has to fulfill one of two requirements:
- One of the primary, central conflicts of the plot is centered on one major female character's romantic to semi-romantic interests in another major female.
- Much of the story is centered in an environment where girl-girl relationships are so prevalent that interest in a boy seems abnormal(That is, an environment like in OTOME, what Nao refers to as the "Garden of Virgins")

This is just my opinion. I say this show fits the bill. And so, in the words of Pellissier,
Wow! Let's Yuri!
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 00:48   Link #284
gnuffiehot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
DA/TT has it wrong "omoi, mune no naka ni" is not my breasts are heavy. 重い is the omoi for heavy, but this isn't what Hazumu is referring to here. 思い is the omoi for feelings, which is the omoi Hazumu is using in this case. "mune no naka ni" is "inside my chest" then literally. In this context though the statement would be: "Feelings in my heart." (Mune can mean breast, chest, or heart depending on the context of the sentence)
I personally think it's a pun the show used. You can translate it to both "My breats are heavy" or "Feeling, inside my heart", which are both correct. I'd personally go for "It's heavy, inside my chest", because you can still kind of leave the pun.
gnuffiehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 03:07   Link #285
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuffiehot
I personally think it's a pun the show used. You can translate it to both "My breats are heavy" or "Feeling, inside my heart", which are both correct. I'd personally go for "It's heavy, inside my chest", because you can still kind of leave the pun.
I suppose it might be workable into 重い胸の中に vs. 想い、胸の中に, but due to the way she says it and the context, the latter should be the intended primary meaning if there is a pun.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 04:11   Link #286
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Spoiler for question about yusanas 'illness':
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 06:02   Link #287
Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Mikuru Moe Overload

Send a message via MSN to Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwisher
Spoiler for question about yusanas 'illness':
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-25, 06:12   Link #288
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurogane_Shiroikaze
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-25, 11:04   Link #289
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga:
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 11:31   Link #290
CaiSter21

alright, im having a small dilema here...
just which fansub is better?

D-A & Tomari or knkf & Doremi?

and if there are any more fansub groups going to sub this anime?
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 11:43   Link #291
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
WOW...

And here I thought the discussionthread for this anime would be more innocent. And here it's yuri this and yuri that... O.o
Old 2006-01-25, 11:52   Link #292
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
WOW...

And here I thought the discussionthread for this anime would be more innocent. And here it's yuri this and yuri that... O.o
Yes, and it's not even real yuri to boot.
Old 2006-01-25, 12:38   Link #293
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler:

CaiSter21: i would recommend knkf/doremi ... but i'm slightly biased since i loved knkf's translation of Shuffle and love Doremis translation of Mai-Otome
Old 2006-01-25, 12:49   Link #294
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Plus, it's somewhat scary the interest that this anime is raising.
About 300 posts and 18000 views, and we're barely at episode 2. And actually, a lot of different people has posted here. I understand the Fate/stay night phenomen, but with this one the trend is really impressive, and imho unexpected.
Old 2006-01-25, 12:49   Link #295
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
For all we know this was done on purpose and the alien was lying about not being able to change Hazumu back....Whoa. Please don't misunderstand me. I didn't mean that the girls have to end up together for it to be yuri. MariMite is undeniably yuri, but it is left competely vague if the girls have any romantic feeling at all. I only meant that the writers invariably lack commitment. In almost all yuri, either the feelings aren't clearly spelled out as romantic, they don't end up together or else a girl isn't really a girl. These things are true, but I never meant to imply that it isn't in the yuri or shoujo-ai genre.
Sorry, I was overreacting to a minor part of your argument. I agree with the idea that the writers usually find a way to pussy-foot around the situation. But I think it may be as much a fig-leaf as a lack of commitment. It does seem strange, however, that yaoi (as far as I know, not having watched much) seems to be treated a little more directly.

As for whether the aliens can change him back, I think they could, but I don't think they will. I don't see anyone wanting it.
Spoiler for why they changed him into a girl:
EDIT: As for the discussion about Yasuna's "condition"...
Spoiler:
I don't think logic will not be much of a guide in exploring the various byways this show takes: absurdity is the name of the game. It reminds me somewhat of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Monty Pyhthon.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-01-25 at 13:19.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 12:59   Link #296
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-25, 13:02   Link #297
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-25, 13:11   Link #298
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-25, 16:45   Link #299
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
There's always a point of quibbling that can make someone say that any yuri show isn't real yuri. Haven't you been paying attention? Yuri shows love to be vague or cowardly in this regard.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 16:47   Link #300
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Episode 2 was a good laugh.

Let's hope it doesn't suddenly to an about-turn and become all serious...
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri