AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-20, 17:05   Link #641
AP24

As for me I want Kud Wafter animated. All I remember is they said they would animate all the storylines but I don't know if they meant Kud Wafter would be included too.

It is still possible to connect Kud Wafter to Refrain in the anime. They can end Refrain with everyone is saved and Kyousuke takes the Little Busters on a trip. In Kud Wafter game and manga the bus accident never happened and the study trip occurred before the start of the story, but in the anime they can change this into the trip the Little Busters took at the end of Refrain as long as it occurred before summer vacation starts.
Old 2013-12-20, 19:56   Link #642
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
As for me I want Kud Wafter animated. All I remember is they said they would animate all the storylines but I don't know if they meant Kud Wafter would be included too.

It is still possible to connect Kud Wafter to Refrain in the anime. They can end Refrain with everyone is saved and Kyousuke takes the Little Busters on a trip. In Kud Wafter game and manga the bus accident never happened and the study trip occurred before the start of the story, but in the anime they can change this into the trip the Little Busters took at the end of Refrain as long as it occurred before summer vacation starts.
They'd change the Trip at the end of Refrain, that's covered by the Drama CD to a full fledged beach episode if it occurs during the Summer, as opposed to the early Fall. Mark my words. Little Busters will receive a blatant fanservice OVA.

I don't think Kud Wafter is compatible with Refrain. Especially if a certain classroom scene between Riki and Rin is animated within the final episodes. Also, depending on how many memories Kud retained from the Dream World after Refrain, coming between Riki and Rin is rather close to outright stealing, especially with the way the anime adapted the story.

Basically, Kud Wafter would be rather distasteful in light of Refrain, were it to occur after Refrain.

Finally, I presumed the gap of time between the Rescue and the ending of Refrain was put in, to stress that the injuries that the rest of the Little Busters suffered from were sufficiently severe to put most of them in hospital for most of the summer break, and for some, into early Fall.
Old 2013-12-20, 23:50   Link #643
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
They'd change the Trip at the end of Refrain, that's covered by the Drama CD to a full fledged beach episode if it occurs during the Summer, as opposed to the early Fall. Mark my words. Little Busters will receive a blatant fanservice OVA.
I admit I'm not all interested in Kud Wafter, but the premise of kick the can being at all animated is very tempting. So you think they will make a summer trip OVA?
Old 2013-12-21, 02:14   Link #644
Zankoku12

What about the most important event of of them all : MUSCLE SENSATION

Spoiler for Minor spoiler:
Old 2013-12-21, 03:20   Link #645
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I admit I'm not all interested in Kud Wafter, but the premise of kick the can being at all animated is very tempting. So you think they will make a summer trip OVA?
Are you referring to the class trip that ended in the accident behind Little Busters?
Old 2013-12-21, 12:16   Link #646
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

No fakeout ending for the Anime, eh. A little sad about that. But it was still a great episode, especially for Rin.
Old 2013-12-21, 12:30   Link #647
MCAL

I think the fake out is pointless as far as the anime is concerned. One for the fact that everyone knows there is another episode and another because this is Key we're talking about. I was never fooled in the VN.
Old 2013-12-21, 16:35   Link #648
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I knew I was never going to get my wish of them cutting the true ending out, but at least given that JC Staff did the best thing possible by cutting out the fake out to deus ex machina conclusion. Or at least it seems that way. This way at least it removes the plot holes, even if thematically it still bothers me at least.

Great episode, but I can only feel so much given what's to come.
Old 2013-12-21, 20:22   Link #649
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Are you referring to the class trip that ended in the accident behind Little Busters?
I was hoping for a post-accident trip. Like a follow-up to the ending credits scene / new opening menu after completing refrain.

Part of me is sad that I didn't get any bus explosions and anime-only viewers going "WTF" at the "bad end"... but I got a Rin-centric episode so that evens things out for me
Old 2013-12-21, 22:31   Link #650
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
That would have been really cool! I did mean the trip they on when Kyouskue gets better.
Old 2013-12-22, 07:56   Link #651
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
I was hoping for a post-accident trip. Like a follow-up to the ending credits scene / new opening menu after completing refrain.

Part of me is sad that I didn't get any bus explosions and anime-only viewers going "WTF" at the "bad end"... but I got a Rin-centric episode so that evens things out for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
That would have been really cool! I did mean the trip they on when Kyouskue gets better.
There's a drama CD regarding the Post-accident trip. It's Little Buster's dynamics at it's best, but I think if JC Staff wants to sell OVAs or BDs, they'd up the female fanservice quotient even further and turn it into a combined Onsen/Beach Episode, with the rest of the Drama CD given less emphasis.

I think that there's a good chance it will get adapted as a bonus episode. It seems to be perfect episode material. However, I doubt we'd get to see Kick the Can there, since Kick the Can did not appear in the Drama CD.

If Kick the Can doesn't appear in any subsequent bonus episodes, and they do announce a Kud Wafter animation, I think they might actually put Kick the Can in the first episode, just to draw the rest of the Little Buster's fanbase in.(Whether or not they'd keep them is another matter altogether - the other familiar face in Kud Wafter is Kanata Futaki , and for those who really paid close attention in the first season, the head of the Student Dorms, A-chan - the rest are new faces)
Old 2013-12-22, 09:25   Link #652
novalysis

One more thing: Speculah time:

Riki and Rin had already choosen "It is not enough" as an option, and experienced the bad ending where everyone dies, even before the First Episode of the Little Busters anime began. This is why we are not getting the Bad End and Hospital Scene in Episode 12 of Refrain. BOTH already took place by the time the first episode of Little Busters the anime began. Infact, the First Episode takes place right after Riki Choose "It is not Enough", as a grief stricken Riki and Rin recreate the Dreamworld so as to get another chance to save the Little Busters.

The entire events of the anime actually took place after Riki and Rin chose "It is not enough" - and it is to make both of them sufficiently strong to accomplish the likely ending of the Anime and the True end. Which is why Riki retained flashes of memories of previous loops, even the events of Rin 2 in that particular scene in the earliest episodes in the First Season, before even the Komari route was adapted.

This also explains why Riki is so unusually strong and competent than he should be in the very first episodes of the anime- it's because this is a Riki who has already completed everything up to Rin 2, completed one round of Refrain, choose to run, and choose "It is not enough. Essentially, Riki is playing a New Game +, in the anime.

But, apparently. no-one in the Little Busters is aware that the Bad End has already happened - not even Kyousuke. (There might JUST be a chance that Kud remembers, if Kud really remembered everything, including that the Bad End has already happened, and that Riki had already found a solution in a previous loop, but that's not too likely).

It's just a wild speculation, but it might explain why we don't get the Bad End / Hospital scene - this scene has already happened before Episode 1 began, and the whole anime is Riki and Rin re-creating the Dream world, to wind back time to the Accident (besides the fact that JC Staff probably thinks that the "It is not Enough" option and outcome would be regarded as an asspull by the audience). In doing so, they will create a new time-line apart from the Bad End - infact, by Riki choosing to go back, he has separated the Bad-end timeline which ends in the Hospital Scene from the current anime time-line which would lead to the mini-van trip after Kyousuke recovers.
Old 2013-12-22, 23:43   Link #653
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

That's an interesting idea! But I think it's more likely that they just omitted it to reduce the deux-ex-machine type ending. (Even though I was sort of looking forward to "Is it enough...?")
Old 2013-12-24, 16:55   Link #654
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

I think we still may get that hospital scene and it will maybe fade and then ask is it enough and then go from there. That is just me. I hope the narcoleptic thing will be handled better is all I hope an have a better rescue scene. I was very very happy they showed everyone before riding the bus and a much better aftermath, unlike the game. I was glad for that. So hopefully they can add in better parts.
Old 2013-12-25, 10:24   Link #655
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Quote:
One more thing: Speculah time:

Riki and Rin had already choosen "It is not enough" as an option, and experienced the bad ending where everyone dies, even before the First Episode of the Little Busters anime began. This is why we are not getting the Bad End and Hospital Scene in Episode 12 of Refrain. BOTH already took place by the time the first episode of Little Busters the anime began. Infact, the First Episode takes place right after Riki Choose "It is not Enough", as a grief stricken Riki and Rin recreate the Dreamworld so as to get another chance to save the Little Busters.

The entire events of the anime actually took place after Riki and Rin chose "It is not enough" - and it is to make both of them sufficiently strong to accomplish the likely ending of the Anime and the True end. Which is why Riki retained flashes of memories of previous loops, even the events of Rin 2 in that particular scene in the earliest episodes in the First Season, before even the Komari route was adapted.

This also explains why Riki is so unusually strong and competent than he should be in the very first episodes of the anime- it's because this is a Riki who has already completed everything up to Rin 2, completed one round of Refrain, choose to run, and choose "It is not enough. Essentially, Riki is playing a New Game +, in the anime.

But, apparently. no-one in the Little Busters is aware that the Bad End has already happened - not even Kyousuke. (There might JUST be a chance that Kud remembers, if Kud really remembered everything, including that the Bad End has already happened, and that Riki had already found a solution in a previous loop, but that's not too likely).

It's just a wild speculation, but it might explain why we don't get the Bad End / Hospital scene - this scene has already happened before Episode 1 began, and the whole anime is Riki and Rin re-creating the Dream world, to wind back time to the Accident (besides the fact that JC Staff probably thinks that the "It is not Enough" option and outcome would be regarded as an asspull by the audience). In doing so, they will create a new time-line apart from the Bad End - infact, by Riki choosing to go back, he has separated the Bad-end timeline which ends in the Hospital Scene from the current anime time-line which would lead to the mini-van trip after Kyousuke recovers.
Oh man, this theory would explain almost all of the inconsistencies in the continuity, except the episode 26 shenanigans. But anyway, I love this theory.

...only, I don't think they'll go with it. We only have one episode left, I doubt they'll take that route at the last second. It's a lovely theory that I want to believe in, but I just can't. ^^;
Old 2013-12-26, 20:44   Link #656
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
Oh man, this theory would explain almost all of the inconsistencies in the continuity, except the episode 26 shenanigans. But anyway, I love this theory.

...only, I don't think they'll go with it. We only have one episode left, I doubt they'll take that route at the last second. It's a lovely theory that I want to believe in, but I just can't. ^^;
Yeah, but that also affirms the theory that they just create another dreamworld where their friends survive, meaning that in the real world, they're still dead.

Kinda bitter-sweet lol
Closed Thread