AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-07, 06:47   Link #1
sayde

[MANGA] Bleach Chapter 476 Discussion

Quote:
As a reminder, Bleach manga has been licensed by Viz media, and thus providing links which help in illegally obtaining such material is forbidden, as stated in the Forum Rules.
Inability to follow this rule will result in a BAN!
Quote:
* NO Scannalation links or NAMES

* NO Online Reader links

* NO RAW links
Brief spoilers have been released from what I could tell...though I couldn't find any confirmed translations yet. Still, it's obviously only a matter of time. So enjoy the discussion.
Old 2011-12-07, 07:55   Link #2
konart

The chapter is out...

Spoiler for well...:
Old 2011-12-07, 08:14   Link #3
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

That was thoroughly unsatisfying.
Old 2011-12-07, 08:38   Link #4
ronin myael
lost ronin

so let me get this straight, if your parent was attacked by a hollow but somehow survived before you were born, you get fullbringer powers and a hollow side? whatever happened to aizen experimenting on his fellow shinigami, turning them into vizards? does this mean that shinji and others also have hollow-sides because their parents were attacked by hollows and they could have gained fullbringer powers too but somehow didn't? so that deal about ichigo gaining back his shinigami powers after he was stripped by byakuya, that almost turned him into a hollow in the process was for nothing? i thought that was the reason why he has a hollow side. i don't get it. i'm confused.

so the captains knew about the substitute shinigami, they encountered someone like ichigo before. but it makes me wonder why they seemed so surprised by his existence when he first showed up in soul society. why were they so surprised by his powers when they encountered someone just like him? there should have been a hint there, like maybe one of the captains mentioning another powerful human who somehow gained shinigami powers. instead, what we got was a hint about ichigo resembling kaien, that's why rukia seemed so attached to him. this whole thing feels like a huge ass-pull to me. sorry kubo, it just doesn't add up.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2011-12-07 at 08:49.
Old 2011-12-07, 08:48   Link #5
james0246

Wait, 1,000,000 years...? Is that a joke or a bad translation?
Old 2011-12-07, 09:11   Link #6
Aqua Knight

What is disappointing that now there's no special moments in the fights
Just some sword hack-n-slash, random cero/GT and blocking of that cero, then condemning look in Ichigo's eyes and 1 slash to defeat(not kill) the enemy.
Old 2011-12-07, 09:22   Link #7
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I figured it was more a phrase than a real statistic, though now that you mention it I'm not so sure...

Anyway, chapter as a whole was about par for the course for Bleach. Not really a whole lot else to say there.
Old 2011-12-07, 09:30   Link #8
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

A lot of flimsy melodrama, especially Ginjou's last bit which was barely comprehensible, but I'm just glad it's over.
Old 2011-12-07, 09:51   Link #9
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I second the misstranslated claims, atleast when hitsu says "I'm glad he followed ginjo"
Old 2011-12-07, 09:55   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yawn! so... the arc is end??? then what's next??? is it an ending of Bleach??
Old 2011-12-07, 10:02   Link #11
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I second the misstranslated claims, atleast when hitsu says "I'm glad he followed ginjo"
I don't think that's a bad translation, so much as it is bad wording. The basic idea behind it isn't "to follow in one's path", but rather "to be one's successor". So basically, he's glad that Ichigo was the next one to become a substitute shinigami, as he's revolutionized the Shinigami's way of thinking.

Or something along those lines.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:11   Link #12
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think it's more like, he's the one who chased him. Anyways, Ginjou is proved wrong again, still no idea as to how he came to know about Ichigo, all the while skipping the changes he's accomplished within SS.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:39   Link #13
Sasukemaru
Banned

I swear out of all the manga/anime bleach has the absolute worst fans. All you "fans" ever do is complain. That being said, bleach is what it is. It has and will never change, if you want a story go read a book, if you want to see non stop fighting sprinkled with dialogue read bleach. Does anybody know if ichigo is fighting on the same level as he was when he fought aizen?
Old 2011-12-07, 10:45   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I swear out of all the manga/anime bleach has the absolute worst fans. All you "fans" ever do is complain.
LoP says hi...and flaming the fans, wtf.
Quote:
Does anybody know if ichigo is fighting on the same level as he was when he fought aizen?
Seems to be much lower; he only negated Ginjou's cero with his own and his initial swing didn't cause as much damage.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:49   Link #15
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Seems to be much lower; he only negated Ginjou's cero with his own and his initial swing didn't cause as much damage.
I'm guessing his current level to be somewhere between his old Bankai and his strength when he was a Vizard. Hard to accurately say for sure, though, without an old character to measure against.

And Sasukemaru, claiming fans are at fault for expecting a good story (or a story at all)... Nice logic really.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:00   Link #16
Sasukemaru
Banned

Yeah I thought he was weaker, who knows though. I really don't see the point in people getting all butt hurt about me calling it how it is. The fans are overly critical, that isn't me "blaming them". Just a simple observation, bleach has been this way since day one, so it's pointless to say how horrible a chapter is 476 times, just quit reading it. THAT, is logical.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:07   Link #17
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

We're just making simple observations too, LoP. Bleach is shite. No need to get butt hurt over everyone calling it like it is...
Old 2011-12-07, 11:16   Link #18
Sasukemaru
Banned

Don't know who LoP is, so please don't involve me in one of your net feuds, it's a bad look. Also if you don't like it then why read it? You're the one getting all sensitive here pal. Bleach is in the same class as dbz, action > story. If you haven't figured that out by now I really don't know what to tell you, if you want all story read death note, if you want story > action, read naruto or code geass. That's all the advice I can really give you.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:19   Link #19
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Yeah I thought he was weaker, who knows though. I really don't see the point in people getting all butt hurt about me calling it how it is. The fans are overly critical, that isn't me "blaming them". Just a simple observation, bleach has been this way since day one, so it's pointless to say how horrible a chapter is 476 times, just quit reading it. THAT, is logical.
hmmm... i disagree. bleach was not like this from day one. bleach was good once upon a time, at least in my book.

and if we complain about bleach it's our right as readers, just like it's your right to defend it or to tell us off for complaining. that's all there is to it. people will complain if there's something to complain about, it's human nature. if there's nothing to complain about, they will shut up.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:20   Link #20
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Behold! Yama-ji's true age!
Closed Thread