AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-11, 01:49   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 663 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Break's over, guys! Time to get this party started! As has been for a while, credit goes to T and CCC from AP forums for summary and translation, respectively:

-Chapter title is "CC". the ministory focuses on the Impel Down guards Sadi and Saldeath, who interestingly enough, become lovers. It also turns out that the latter guard, in addition to becoming the new vice-warden of the prison, has gotten taller, as well.

-Luffy meets up with Law, and thanks him for saving him at the war. Law says that he owed him a debt of gratitude. Meanwhile, Tashigi manages to recover, and discovers the downed Smoker. She then attempts to get revenge on Law, but the warlord switches her body with Smoker's. He then tells Luffy to go to the lab so he can find his crew, and says they'll probably meet again soon, before disappearing....

-Meanwhile, Sanji is ecstatic that he's in Nami's body. Nami (who's in Franky's body) is upset, and Franky (in Chopper's body) is angry that Nami has his shirt buttoned up. They then all complain about the cold, and the samurai head tells them to put a rock or leaf on his head. He chants "Doron", and materializes warm clothes out of nowhere. The samurai reveals that he's a DF user, but kept quiet about it since he wanted to continue ogling Nami (lol ). Soon enough, Luffy's group reunites with them (along with the head's legs), and they crack up at Sanji's group's situation. It's at this point that Luffy finally learns that Law is a shichibukai.

-We go back to Smoker, who's still in Tashigi's body. He discovers that he's still alive despite his heart being stolen. But interestingly enough, he says that he recognized the "CC" mark. It turns out that it belonged to a former partner of Vegapunk's, a weapons expert who now has a bounty on his head, Caesar Crown....!!!

Well now, looks like we got ourselves a healthy dose of comedy AND info this chapter! So even the Wano samurai is a DF user (though I wonder what kind of ability would create clothes), and yes, we do learn that people with stolen hearts will still survive after all. And finally, it looks like we finally learn M's true identity! So Caesar Crown is that liquid/gas guy's name, eh? I wonder how big the price on his head is.....

Can't wait for the full chapter!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-04-11 at 11:01.
Old 2012-04-11, 03:02   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

He puts a stone on his head and says "doron" to morph objects, he's possibly a tanuki raccoon related ability.

In Japanese folklore, tanuki (a type of racoon dogs native to Japan) are mythical creatures that can morph themselve as well as objects, by putting a leaf or stone on their head and the sound effect "doron" is when they morph.

Japanese foxes also have similar ability in folklores.
Old 2012-04-11, 03:46   Link #3
marvelB

^So maybe this means the samurai is a tanuki mystical zoan? That sure would be cool. I wonder if that also means he can shape-shift into statues and stuff, as well (like Mario does when he gets the tanuki power-up)?

Actually, if he IS a tanuki zoan..... then why didn't his legs have oversized balls!?
Old 2012-04-11, 03:51   Link #4
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Smoker in Tashigi's body...now that's something to laugh about.
Old 2012-04-11, 06:06   Link #5
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually, if he IS a tanuki zoan..... then why didn't his legs have oversized balls!?
That really made me LOL... Maybe one of his transformations (assuming he really is a Zoan) has them (like how Chopper has a large head) ...
Old 2012-04-11, 07:23   Link #6
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Franky with nami eye look really strange

but the Body switching thing is pure comedy

And smoking tashigi is hot

anyway the samurai (forgot his name) DF probably not Tanuki as in Zoan. but something like illusion-illusion fruit or tanuki-illusion related

Old 2012-04-11, 07:59   Link #7
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Aohige was right - the samurai was talking by farting, which is rather... unpleasant to think about

And it looks like CC is indeed a Logia user - it's actually quite impressive that he can stay in his elemental form all the time, most of the other users default back to their normal bodies...
Old 2012-04-11, 08:01   Link #8
Jouten

Now if the missing heart didn't actually affect Smoker, then why did he collapse?

Also who is stronger? Tashigi in Smoker's body or Smoker in Tashigis body? I can't wait to see Tashigi trying to use the smoke fruit, because this will be the first time we'll see how someone learns to use a logia, because they always say it takes a lot of training to master them
Old 2012-04-11, 08:05   Link #9
kiak666

Lol at Nami for beating up her own body using Franky's fist XD
Old 2012-04-11, 08:24   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow! a mad scientist partnered up with a shichibukai....
I really believe that scientist is hostaging Law's members to make him cooperate with him...

Franky with girly eyes... Cool chopper.... Kind-hearted Sanji... perverted Nami... hahaha.. I can't stop laughing.. even Robin finds it surreal

and now Smoker in Tashigi's body... seeing Smoking Nami and Smoking Tashigi are very odd... lol
Old 2012-04-11, 08:45   Link #11
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He puts a stone on his head and says "doron" to morph objects, he's possibly a tanuki raccoon related ability.

In Japanese folklore, tanuki (a type of racoon dogs native to Japan) are mythical creatures that can morph themselve as well as objects, by putting a leaf or stone on their head and the sound effect "doron" is when they morph.

Japanese foxes also have similar ability in folklores.
hey Aohige!

You were right when the lower body part talks in his ass hahaha!
Old 2012-04-11, 09:16   Link #12
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Surprisingly...Chopper in Sanji's body was the highlight of the chapter to me...it's just unnatural!
Old 2012-04-11, 09:53   Link #13
ronin myael
lost ronin

god i love this chapter! i laughed my butt off i could have spoken through my farts! i knew it! sanji would try to take off nami's clothes and take a picture of "himself" naked! and the sight of usopp and luffy laughing just made me laugh even more!

looks like law is not as brutal as he seems to be. i doubt he'd dare harm luffy if he could avoid it.

so cc is caesar clown eh? is he related to buggy? LOL sorry, i just had to say that.
Old 2012-04-11, 09:59   Link #14
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
god i love this chapter! i laughed my butt off i could have spoken through my farts! i knew it! sanji would try to take off nami's clothes and take a picture of "himself" naked! and the sight of usopp and luffy laughing just made me laugh even more!

looks like law is not as brutal as he seems to be. i doubt he'd dare harm luffy if he could avoid it.

so cc is caesar clown eh? is he related to buggy? LOL sorry, i just had to say that.
I kinda hope he's Caesar Crown, 'cause you know, Caesar and all, plus we already have a clown with Buggy
Old 2012-04-11, 10:24   Link #15
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Now if the missing heart didn't actually affect Smoker, then why did he collapse?
Maybe it is because of Mes?

Yet he is not in a coma and he looks fine now?
Old 2012-04-11, 10:28   Link #16
Valky
Radioactive

lol.

The body switching is hilarious. I want to see it animated.

So Luffy probably will try to save the kids, I wonder what he's going to do to CC and Law, and the marines.
Old 2012-04-11, 10:40   Link #17
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Laughed like mad with Sanji groping "herself".
Old 2012-04-11, 10:59   Link #18
marvelB

Yeah, looks like Aohige was spot-on with the fart-talk, as well. He also correctly guessed the name of Law's ability. And now he brought up the suggestion that the samurai has a tanuki/fox-type DF power. Tell me Mr. Bluebeard, you wouldn't happen to be Oda in disguise, would you.....?

Anyways, really fun chapter. Though I'm a bit confused about whether Caesar is supposed to be a bounty hunter or if he's some exiled mad scientist with a bounty on his head. Though I've gotta admit, finally having a powerful bounty hunter as an arc villain is all kinds of awesome (and LONG overdue). Can't wait to finally see his face next chapter since he unveiled himself to Law.....

Heh, the body-swapped Straw-Hats sure were great. I love Nami's reactions to Sanji's attempts at peeping/groping himself (I can totally see her firing a beam at her own body eventually, too). Chopper was great, as well. Though I do wonder how long the body switch will last. Is it a temporary thing, or does Law have to transfer the personalities back himself? I mean, Tashigi had even managed to reconnect herself after getting split apart, so maybe it's possible for the rest of the crew to get their normal bodies back on their own....

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Maybe it is because of Mes?

Yet he is not in a coma and he looks fine now?

Even putting the last thread's argument aside, it's still odd that Smoker had passed out after Law used Mes on him. Honestly, I still wouldn't be surprised if there were some sort of unusual side effect to losing one's heart.....
Old 2012-04-11, 11:04   Link #19
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Even putting the last thread's argument aside, it's still odd that Smoker had passed out after Law used Mes on him. Honestly, I still wouldn't be surprised if there were some sort of unusual side effect to losing one's heart.....
My theory is that Law's DF ability sustains your life, even if your organs are not in their correct locations. However he has the power to kill you instantly by releasing his DF ability. I'm guessing that he can also put you in a coma, like what he did with the pirates whose hearts he sent to the government (the frozen bodies in the research facilities should be theirs).

That's my take on it anyway.

Maybe you are right though.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:58   Link #20
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Definitely a very funny chapter, the thing that piqued my interest was Law saying "we both have something we want to get back". Could that be referring to his crew? Can't wait to find out more, Law's interaction with Ceasar might shed some light on this.
Closed Thread