AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2017-06-13, 23:47   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 869 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

The war against Big Mom continues! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the info:

-Chapter title is "Besieged". Splash ministory focuses on Bartolomeo next.

-As the alliance make their way into Capone's human fortress, Brulee is rescued by her brother Katakuri. To make matters worse, Nami and Carrot are slow to catch up with the rest of the alliance, and start to get cornered by the ministers! However, before the two ladies suffer any serious harm, they're rescued by none other than..... THE VINSMOKES!

-Yes, the family, wearing their Germa raid suits, comes to the pirates' aid. After pushing back the ministers a bit, they retreat to Capone's fortress with the others. Interestingly, in the middle of the chaos, Du Feld (one of the more prominent wedding guests remember, known as the "Black Market King",) swipes the Tamatebako and is about to open it himself..... when the box is knocked flying out of his hand and even Big Mom's castle due to the empress' screaming! Capone tries to fight back against Big Mom with cannons, but they get plugged up by Katakuri's mochi, preventing them from firing! What's more, Perospero uses his candy to keep Capone from moving! The mobster pirate is regretful that the assassination plan failed, and explains to the alliance that if his castle form is destroyed, he'll die and everyone will be forced out of him. After his explanation, the situation suddenly takes a turn for the worse: Linlin has regained her senses! She wastes no time in launching an assault against Capone, wounding him when she destroys a section of his fortress.....!!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2017-06-15 at 22:50.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 00:36   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Graaahhh... Too bad it went on break for next week.

Marines, please notice this and assemble forces already! Goddamn it, i wish Kizaru will come to play again this time since he's the most effective unit to deal with Big Mom. For Akainu... meh, the magma just makes the smell stinks XD

Sugar + fire = Carbon = Smell stinks.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 07:49   Link #3
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Graaahhh... Too bad it went on break for next week.

Marines, please notice this and assemble forces already! Goddamn it, i wish Kizaru will come to play again this time since he's the most effective unit to deal with Big Mom. For Akainu... meh, the magma just makes the smell stinks XD

Sugar + fire = Carbon = Smell stinks.
Akainu wouldn't be sent since he's the fleet admiral and has a lot of work on his plate already. He needs to be at HQ running things as the leader of the marines.

It's time to face the wrath of an emperor. Lots of suspense here because right now things are not looking good for the alliance. I can't see Big Mom falling unless there's some BS shenanigans involved or interference from another formidable party.
Old 2017-06-14, 09:37   Link #4
Kaz_

It would be pretty meaningless to leave BM here and run. That means a whole new Saga entry in future with characters we already know well, with zero surprise effect. I believe BM falls down here after a few surprises.

I mean sure Aokiji owned Luffy and returned but whole thing happened in mere chapters, BM already took long enough episodes with flashbacks and reveals. This feels more like those stages when Lucci completely owned Luffy in combat, only for Luffy to even the odds with Gear2-3 and Usopp reveal.
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 10:38   Link #5
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ I agree with your rationale. It's just that there doesn't seem to be enough firepower on the alliance side to topple Big Mom. This isn't like the previous arc bosses - this time they're dealing with a yonkou, meaning the very top of the food chain. Gear 4 Luffy struggled against Cracker and it's questionable if he could have won without Nami's help. If Big Mom does fall, I strongly believe it's going to be due to a collaborative effort and special circumstances.
Old 2017-06-14, 11:04   Link #6
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I'm really surprised, that people always tend to forget about what kind of world we are talking about.
It's a maritime manga. It's not like the marines can jump into an aeroplane or helicopter and reach any location they want in a few hours.
They have to travel by ship! And on top of it sailing-ships without any motors!
Even if they found out about what's happening at the wedding in real time, they would still need weeks or even months to reach Big Mom's territory. The fight is only going to last a few hours at most. Maybe not even this long.

All in all it doesn't look too bad for SH and their allies. Basically Bege is carrying a whole army inside of him, and if the Vinsmokes join in, they have another one, so it's two armies against one. (Though we know that fodder doesn't really count)
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 12:38   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

With Big Mom having returned to her senses, the heroes are in deep shit. I can't imagine them getting out of this one without external help. The straw hats and the Vinsmokes are going to have their hands full with the commanders, leaving only Luffy and Capone against the Yonkou, and I don't believe they stand a chance as they are. Hopefully Capone had plans ready in case the main one failed.
Old 2017-06-14, 12:53   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

which of the supernovas are also going after big mom? maybe they will suddenly appear and help
Old 2017-06-14, 15:23   Link #9
Rainbowman

With the Tamatebako gone there's no telling what will happen to it as to who would find it.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 16:41   Link #10
necrolyte

As things look right now I think that Luffy might eat everything in "Tamatebako" or whatever and suddenly power up. As we know he doesn't care what will happen in the future with his body if he is able to live at his fullest at the moment.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-14, 16:45   Link #11
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I'm really surprised, that people always tend to forget about what kind of world we are talking about.
It's a maritime manga. It's not like the marines can jump into an aeroplane or helicopter and reach any location they want in a few hours.
They have to travel by ship! And on top of it sailing-ships without any motors!
Even if they found out about what's happening at the wedding in real time, they would still need weeks or even months to reach Big Mom's territory. The fight is only going to last a few hours at most. Maybe not even this long.

All in all it doesn't look too bad for SH and their allies. Basically Bege is carrying a whole army inside of him, and if the Vinsmokes join in, they have another one, so it's two armies against one. (Though we know that fodder doesn't really count)
That's impossible, by the time right now Marines could storm into Whole Cake Island at any moment now. Considering they already know Vinsmoke is going to Whole Cake Island instead of Reverie, i would say that the Marines are prepared to launch the assault if there are any ruckus happened.

Marines will always keep the Yonko is check so they will always have at least one base near Yonko's primary territory to keep them in check.
Old 2017-06-14, 20:57   Link #12
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I was thinking Luffy's status back then would alert his allies to go charge straight for BM. The strength of the grand alliance's first test.
Old 2017-06-15, 03:14   Link #13
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so are they going to give the suit to Sanji and turned him into Black Power Ranger?

I saw some sadness at Pudding's face when Sanji smiled toward Nami... aww...
and how are they going to get away when they are surrounded like that?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 03:59   Link #14
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

This is the first time after long time Strawhat pirate in super shit situation, this recall me back during CP9 saga when strawhat trapped in destroyed bridge.
The intense is real here

also Nami x Sanji FTW

edit:
Spoiler for possbility of third party?:

Look like SH luck is not run out yet that underworld boss person was aimed to do something by swapped tamatabeko box with something else.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 07:09   Link #15
alex_drian

Well, in deep shit
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 07:54   Link #16
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
so are they going to give the suit to Sanji and turned him into Black Power Ranger?

I saw some sadness at Pudding's face when Sanji smiled toward Nami... aww...
and how are they going to get away when they are surrounded like that?
If Sanji joins then it's a guarantee the Vinsmokes can be a power rangers XD

To see them transformed like that, Oda also love Power Rangers as well.
Old 2017-06-15, 09:09   Link #17
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Like how the tamatebako seems to be lost now. The germa looked badass together with their suits, glad they decided to help out for now.

Well now that BM is coherent i wonder how they'll counterattack now. Think it might be a little lame if someone pops in out of nowhere to help.

Pudding looked a little upset when Sanji caught Nami. Still waiting to see if she will betray BM or not.
Old 2017-06-15, 09:38   Link #18
thefreakmike

Lol Pudding got NTR'd so bad this chapter, that could of been you girl LMFAO

The Tamatebako is definitely going to be their saving grace though how are they gonna get to it is the real question, especially with Bege at BM's grasp
thefreakmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-15, 10:11   Link #19
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

the tamatebako is just a bomb right?
i think BM can survive an explosion...
Old 2017-06-15, 11:45   Link #20
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
the tamatebako is just a bomb right?
i think BM can survive an explosion...
Yes for standard explosion but we don't know what kind of bomb that was set up inside there. Maybe something that will further weakened BM more.

Tags
namixsanji ftw