AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-12, 06:05   Link #41
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I am confused of heart transfers at the moment. Mainly the Smoker/Tashigi one.

Didn't Law take a way Smoker's heart? So is it safe to assume Law transferred Tashigi's heart to Smoker?

Can some one explain it to me ?

Does any one else think maybe law and Rayleigh are related? Like blood related or at least have some history with each other.
Clearly, the physical real "heart" he cuts out of people is not the same as the comical heart-shaped thing he swaps people with.
Those, I assume, are actually the soul of the person. And that would explain why the peronality is attached to it.

Update:
It seems Oda wrote CC's name out in English in the original Japanese raw, as Ceaser Clown.
Whatever Oda says, is cannon.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-04-12 at 06:19.
Old 2012-04-12, 06:29   Link #42
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj1277 View Post
And we are NNNAMI-SAAAN!!!!! LMFAO!! SANJI!!!!!!!!
.. while groping her (or should I say "his" ) boobs with "boi~ng" behind him. Totally hilarious

As for smoker, the cigar aside, it's time to see how good he is without his logia ability

Anyone thinks Caesar Clown looks like a logia? Some kind of cloud, or mist perhaps?
Old 2012-04-12, 07:32   Link #43
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Seriously, if you suddenly woke up and found yourself in a beautiful woman's body, wouldn't you at least do something that is similar?

I wonder, now that Sanji is a woman, will he be able to fight other women now?

Because you just KNOW that the strawhats WILL fight someone while being bodyswapped.

Why doesn't Nami-san want to use beams?
Old 2012-04-12, 08:54   Link #44
marvelB

Yeah, thanks for clearing up the bounty thing, Aohige. Heh, it's been a good while since we had the last translation blunder (though thankfully, they've been much less frequent since MS' reign ended). Still, once again we've been robbed of the chance of having a badass bounty hunter as an arc villain! Curses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
There's definitely more to Law helping Luffy than he's letting on, You can see it in his expression. We'll find out more when they eventually fight each other.

I certainly don't disagree with you on the first part, but why would they need to fight each other? I don't think it's really necessary since Law was never hostile towards Luffy (and while the whole body switch thing may be a bit troublesome, it's not like he did any major harm to the other Straw-Hats). I mean, Luffy can be a bit of a hothead for sure, but it's not like he's incapable of clearing up misunderstandings through a friendly chat.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It seems Oda wrote CC's name out in English in the original Japanese raw, as Ceaser Clown.
Well, while it may be true that what Oda says usually goes, he isn't always the most consistent when it comes to his use of English (see: Big Mom/Big Mam). So even if he wrote the name as "Clown" this chapter, there's no telling whether or not he'll change it to "Crown" later on. That being said, I'll use Crown myself since that sounds cooler, anyway (and besides, Buggy is the only one who deserves to be the big, bad clown of the NW! ).
Old 2012-04-12, 08:57   Link #45
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The body swaps were as amusing as expected. Sanji and Nami's reactions in particular did not disappoint one bit. I laughed so hard when Sanji introduced himself while groping Nami's boobs (Sanji's being too lucky...something bad is bound to happen soon)

I loved the facial expressions the swapped characters have on now; Tashigi looks badass!

The samurai's devil fruit ability is pretty cool. I can't wait to see what else he can do.
Old 2012-04-12, 09:18   Link #46
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Update:
Not necessarily. Oda has rectified some of his mistakes in the past, so I don't see why this can't be another one of those cases. In other words, don't be so sure this is set-in-stone.

-----

Great chapter. I enjoyed seeing the antics of the SHs (especially the ones in their swapped bodies). The plot is beginning to unfold, which means that now the story is really starting to progress. Discovering who Ceaser Clown is was definitely the highlight for me. A former colleague of Dr. Veagpunk; a current bounty head; and an expert in producing mass-murdering weapons; we're talking about a high-profile character here. I can't wait to discover more about CC.
Old 2012-04-12, 11:11   Link #47
Talendra

Well, I didn't understand why everyone was so happy with Crown instead of Clown in the first place. Given he obviously is a mad scientist kind of character, imo Clown actually fits way better than Crown.

Think about it, according to Smoker (and given the trans is correct), he's the worlds leading expert on mass murder weapons. Now what fit's that better, a mad clown (just remember SKs "It"^^) or Crown, which - imo (yes, I do know that is subjective) - comes with the connotation of knightly, valiant, just etc.
Old 2012-04-12, 11:18   Link #48
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Not necessarily. Oda has rectified some of his mistakes in the past, so I don't see why this can't be another one of those cases. In other words, don't be so sure this is set-in-stone.
Point is, until he does such thing, which is entirely possible, it's canon.
Old 2012-04-12, 12:00   Link #49
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Think about it, according to Smoker (and given the trans is correct), he's the worlds leading expert on mass murder weapons. Now what fit's that better, a mad clown (just remember SKs "It"^^) or Crown, which - imo (yes, I do know that is subjective) - comes with the connotation of knightly, valiant, just etc.
It's just a name? Why does it matter?
Old 2012-04-12, 12:11   Link #50
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Most likely Crown. We don't write クラウン for clowns, usually use ピエロ for pierrot.
クラウン is usually crown.
You say クラウン is usually crown. Usually means most but not all of the time. That being said, in what instance(s) does クラウン not mean crown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Clown and Crown are two different words with completely different meanings, and as such they each describe Ceasar's character very differently. That's why it matters.
Old 2012-04-12, 12:19   Link #51
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

I certainly don't disagree with you on the first part, but why would they need to fight each other? I don't think it's really necessary since Law was never hostile towards Luffy (and while the whole body switch thing may be a bit troublesome, it's not like he did any major harm to the other Straw-Hats). I mean, Luffy can be a bit of a hothead for sure, but it's not like he's incapable of clearing up misunderstandings through a friendly chat.....
Well how else is he going to get Law to put everyone back in their original bodies, He's certainly not gonna be nice enough to let them do it easily. There's also the part about Law experimenting on babies.
Old 2012-04-12, 13:21   Link #52
marvelB

^Funnily enough, I kinda compared Mes to Moria's shadow theft ability in the last thread. But it seems to be clear now that victims of heart theft don't pass out for very long (unless it depends on the strength of the victim, but I won't delve that deep into that for now).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
In addition to what BDK said (and to repeat what I said in a previous post), "Crown" just sounds more intimidating than "Clown". I mean, we're talking about some creepy mad scientist dude who was also revealed to be an expert in WMDs. While he may also turn out to be goofy enough to live up to the "Clown" name, I'd think his whole Dr. Wily schtick would have be of more importance than whatever wacky quirks he might have.

Quote:
Well how else is he going to get Law to put everyone back in their original bodies, He's certainly not gonna be nice enough to let them do it easily. There's also the part about Law experimenting on babies.

Do we know for sure that Law was the one experimenting on those babies, though? We did just kind of learn that there's a mad scientist lurking on the island after all. And considering what Law told Luffy about regaining something of his that he lost, it seems implied that his conflict lies with CC, not his pirate rival.....
Old 2012-04-12, 13:28   Link #53
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:

Do we know for sure that Law was the one experimenting on those babies, though? We did just kind of learn that there's a mad scientist lurking on the island after all. And considering what Law told Luffy about regaining something of his that he lost, it seems implied that his conflict lies with CC, not his pirate rival.....
Even if he wasn't the one who did it he was certainly in cahoots with CC, A conflict is eventual i feel. Too bad Sabo is confirmed dead, Otherwise Sabo being Law theories would be flourishing.
Old 2012-04-12, 13:32   Link #54
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Too bad Sabo is confirmed dead, Otherwise Sabo being Law theories would be flourishing.
Sabo is presumed dead. Quite frankly, there was too much ambiguity concerning his "death". Take that as you will, but I take that as a hint he's still alive.
Old 2012-04-12, 13:33   Link #55
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Sabo is presumed dead. Quite frankly, there was too much ambiguity concerning his "death". Take that as you will, but I take that as a hint he's still alive.
Wasn't he confirmed dead in the data book?
Old 2012-04-12, 13:43   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Wasn't he confirmed dead in the data book?
I don't recall such info being divulged in the data book.
Old 2012-04-12, 13:48   Link #57
marvelB

Quote:
Even if he wasn't the one who did it he was certainly in cahoots with CC, A conflict is eventual i feel.

While it's true that Law is in cahoots with CC, the main issue is whether or not he willingly decided to become his partner. How do we know that he hasn't been blackmailed instead? THAT is the potential conflict I was getting at. Luffy wouldn't be his enemy, but Caesar.....
Old 2012-04-12, 14:10   Link #58
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
I don't recall such info being divulged in the data book.
According to the One piece wiki, It's stated in data book green that he's dead.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Sabo#cite_note-Death2-1

Quote:
While it's true that Law is in cahoots with CC, the main issue is whether or not he willingly decided to become his partner. How do we know that he hasn't been blackmailed instead? THAT is the potential conflict I was getting at. Luffy wouldn't be his enemy, but Caesar.....
If we follow that train of thought, Was he blackmailed into becoming a shichibukai as well? It just doesn't feel like something Law would do. He's always seemed very independent in his motivations. Though we know little of him to be sure.
Old 2012-04-12, 14:46   Link #59
gazawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya, though i wonder; will they switch voice actors to emphasize the body switch or will they retain their normal voices... I hope for the later since i think it will be funnier that way.
Hearing Nami though Franky would be a laugh to hear
Old 2012-04-12, 15:04   Link #60
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Clown and Crown are two different words with completely different meanings, and as such they each describe Ceasar's character very differently. That's why it matters.
A name does not describe someone's character..