AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 12:55   Link #1881
shalala

Soooooo seeing how we will be get the Magnostadt arc. Does tht mean it will come with flashbacks?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 15:00   Link #1882
chaos_animagic

Well... if they're doing a 2nd season for Mag Arc...

Are they going to show...
Spoiler for manga spoiler:

BTW, I bet a certain magi will get butchered too, turn their personality from caring to extreme emo, LOL. (hay, it creates drama, people loves drama - the excuse)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 15:06   Link #1883
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Yet after all the moaning I bet each and everyone will be back to post about the second season when it starts -_-;
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 15:19   Link #1884
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

^ Nope, I can't even bring myself to finish watching it anymore. Though I hear Mor is back in the finale, so I might just watch for her scenes alone.

I was actually hoping the second season announcement was an April Fools joke, but I guess they announced it 3/31... ;<
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 16:01   Link #1885
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Yet after all the moaning I bet each and everyone will be back to post about the second season when it starts -_-;
Yep I'll still watch it! Despite its flaws I still did enjoy the anime! XD
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 16:05   Link #1886
MAX_COLA_POWER!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...quel-this-fall and we got this
Old 2013-03-31, 16:21   Link #1887
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Actually...

Spoiler for Heresy:
never expect to see that

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
well let just hope is better then this, which I doubt
Old 2013-03-31, 16:36   Link #1888
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Yep I'll still watch it! Despite its flaws I still did enjoy the anime! XD
Me too, I am talking about all the people to seem to hate the anime yet for some odd reason have not dropped it like 99.99% of people do when they see an anime they dislike.

This is getting ridiculous to be honest, the "book/manga/whatever is best than the adaption" is nothing new, that is why there is an Oscar award for best adaption, because it is not a given that an adaption will be good. Having said that, this adaption is different but not inherently flawed, otherwise the mangaka would have blocked it since he is the owner of Magi. By itself the anime is entertaining, for flawed adaptions this season take a look at Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.
Old 2013-03-31, 16:53   Link #1889
Justin_Brett

Altering a main character's personality because you felt he wasn't immature enough is quite flawed.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 17:01   Link #1890
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Haven't even bothered watching the latest few episodes and likely won't...nor will I likely watch the second season unless I hear they made up for the character assassination and stay faithful.

Quote:
This is getting ridiculous to be honest, the "book/manga/whatever is best than the adaption" is nothing new, that is why there is an Oscar award for best adaption, because it is not a given that an adaption will be good. Having said that, this adaption is different but not inherently flawed, otherwise the mangaka would have blocked it since he is the owner of Magi. By itself the anime is entertaining, for flawed adaptions this season take a look at Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.
It's not a matter of "The manga is better than the anime" it's a matter of the anime practically ruining a main character's personality without a reason along with a few minor problems...that is what is annoying people enough to drop it.
If an anime wants to change parts of the original source then fine (I personally don't like it but done right, it can be entertaining), but changing a character completely is just wrong.

Also giving Mor panties...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 17:03   Link #1891
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
maybe she just wanted to see if Alibaba would notice

kinda like how girls sometimes change their hairstyle to see if the guy they like will notice, except more awesome because Morgiana herself is more awesome

Edit: I just noticed that one of the tags is 'what the hell is going on." Awesome.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 17:13   Link #1892
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Me too, I am talking about all the people to seem to hate the anime yet for some odd reason have not dropped it like 99.99% of people do when they see an anime they dislike.
I just keep watching to see if I should expect something good when the next season come, anyway, the only think I like is that they try to make Morg have more moments in the anime then the manga ( except her "new panties"), but I guess everybody agree that they did mess Alibaba up pretty good ( he more cool in the manga).
Old 2013-03-31, 17:29   Link #1893
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Lol. So is Yoshino really responsible for the mess? I guess I never had an high opinion of him, but I suppose the best analogy is that following his quality is pretty much like veering off the edge of a cliff and then falling through the ground.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 17:39   Link #1894
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha is an equally terrible adaption so that's not saying much. But the problem is that this anime has been incredibly rushed from the beginning. 6 chapters per episode is basically garbage pacing for a typical shonen anime. No it doesn't need to adapt at Naruto or One Piece pace, but 6 chapters is just ridiculous. Especially when they said this anime was supposed to end with Balibadd to begin with.

The fact that they raced to some shitty anime original arc where they massacred the characterization of Alibaba from the manga, and yet they were planning a season 2 all along... It's just so pitiful. They could have ended the anime after Balibadd afterall, paced it better and given it better production values. It would've been successful, they would've had more material for a possible second season in the future...

This is just a production disaster and I don't see how one can spin it any other way. I knew the anime botched the manga before I even picked up the manga, which thank god I did because I wouldn't have realized how amazing the manga is otherwise.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 17:40   Link #1895
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
it's a matter of the anime practically ruining a main character's personality without a reason along with a few minor problems...that is what is annoying people enough to drop it.
If an anime wants to change parts of the original source then fine (I personally don't like it but done right, it can be entertaining), but changing a character completely is just wrong.
Only that you need to read the original manga to even notice, so it is just another case of fanboyism, like all the droves of harry potter fans that say how terrible the movies are. If an adaption is bad you can notice just by seeing said adaption.

If the mange/LN/novel is better is beyond the fact, since most of the time that is the case, no need to keep ranting about how blue is the sky.

@Reckoner Ditto.

Quote:
With the recent changes in Tokyo law (which has been covered in this and many other forums) I am not surprised someone was afraid of attracting unwanted attention, I will be very surprised if said panties are in the BD/DVD release.
Old 2013-03-31, 17:47   Link #1896
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:

@Reckoner Ditto.
Check out my earlier posts in this thread during the beginning parts of Magi. I never read the manga, but I was complaining about pacing issues. I felt the pacing issues even before I knew anything of the manga. The manga just made it even more severely clear.

Plus there's a saying... If it ain't broke, don't fix it right? What was Yoshino and A-1 thinking here?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:03   Link #1897
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Check out my earlier posts in this thread during the beginning parts of Magi. I never read the manga, but I was complaining about pacing issues. I felt the pacing issues even before I knew anything of the manga. The manga just made it even more severely clear.
I saw the same Magi as you and saw no pacing issues, how can you know a story is too fast or too slow unless you compare it with the original or another adaption? is like guessing the speed of the car with your eyes closed.
But from the start I have seen tons of post of rabid fans that have made many people like yourself go check the original material and surprise, surprise, after doing a comparison you saw there was more material in the original. Sometimes it is the opposite. But I am fed up about them saying it is broken just because it is different from the source material, that is fanboyism.

BTW, I have seen the Magi manga, but only the latest chapters so my anime enjoyment is not ruined, it is a rule of the thumb, like not eating sweets before dinner.

Quote:
Plus there's a saying... If it ain't broke, don't fix it right? What was Yoshino and A-1 thinking here?
Happens all the time, sometimes it can ruin the adaption, sometimes it can enhance it, but here it just makes it different.
Old 2013-03-31, 18:43   Link #1898
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You don't need to have read the manga to notice that a character's personality is being done horribly, there have been more than a few people that complain about the way they portrayed Alibaba character in the later episodes.

It's not a comparison with manga but just observation of the development of the character which (even to anime only viewers) went from 1 to 10 and then suddenly back to 3 for no reason.

You also don't need to have read the original story to know if pacing is being done right or wrong...hell you can even judge if a manga's pace is good or bad...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 18:58   Link #1899
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Thing is, this is the type of stunt a studio pulls whenever they're unsure if there's going to be a continuation, so at least the show can end on a climax (see how 12-episode romantic comedies churn out the drama during the last two episodes a lot of the times). If they already knew beforehand that they were getting an extension, all of this nonsense wouldn't have been needed.
Old 2013-03-31, 18:58   Link #1900
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
You don't need to have read the manga to notice that a character's personality is being done horribly
So without making any reference to the manga explain in one paragraph what is "done horribly".

Quote:
there have been more than a few people that complain about the way they portrayed Alibaba character in the later episodes.
Again, those were manga readers or anime readers that read the manga to see what the hoopla was about.

Quote:
You also don't need to have read the original story to know if pacing is being done right or wrong...hell you can even judge if a manga's pace is good or bad...
I repeat myself, whitout quoting the manga tell us in one paragraph what is "done wrong".

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen