Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 00:55   Link #21
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Muramasa wasn't written by Haganeya though.
Also from what I've seen:
Chaos:Head was produced with 5pb. and Nitroplus together (and, well, it's started as a PC version), Steins;Gate was mostly by 5pb. and with some help from Nitroplus (with scenario too) and Robotics;Notes didn't have any involvement from Nitroplus if you won't count the mecha designer from Polygon Bangcho who's been working with Nitroplus since Muramasa.
Iirc, he did get involved in Muramasa. As in, Muramasa's script (keypoint) isn't written solely by himself (was sure there was more than 2 writers credited for Muramasa--that one is so convoluted from my memory ) but he still participated in the script writing. I know that on the whole I won't credit Muramasa as his idea though

As for Science series, yeah, I kinda forgot about C;H's origin more like brain denying it www but very well aware of N+ staffs involvement in S;G, too lazy to give credits where it's due of course to simplify matters. Still wouldn't say that S;G is N+ franchise though, which is the point I'm trying to make from Gundamx's assertion.

/shot for OT

BUT YEAH, JUST TO SALVAGE THIS POST FROM BEING OVER OFF TOPIC, I do just want all the writers to capture the characters well.

Hanegaya do have a wee bit tendency to go a bit wild with angst (opinions, of course, then again who am I kidding, an N+ staff without despair?), which is one of the reason I'm a bit miffy with him writing the side-story for my favourite two characters slash favourite duo. See? Like I said, personal reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw
Really like that picture of Annie
Just to pinpoint this out, that Annie picture is a fanart by RO. Just to avoid mishaps. /o/

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2013-05-20 at 01:12. Reason: Slapping self
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 05:36   Link #22
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Iirc, he did get involved in Muramasa. As in, Muramasa's script (keypoint) isn't written solely by himself (was sure there was more than 2 writers credited for Muramasa--that one is so convoluted from my memory ) but he still participated in the script writing. I know that on the whole I won't credit Muramasa as his idea though
Now if you put it like that he was involved in the project, but worked on the fan-disk (Janen Hen) where he wrote some story for the novel. As I've said already, the original novel wasn't written by him but solely by Narahara Ittestsu (Hanachirasu).

Quote:
As for Science series, yeah, I kinda forgot about C;H's origin more like brain denying it www but very well aware of N+ staffs involvement in S;G, too lazy to give credits where it's due of course to simplify matters. Still wouldn't say that S;G is N+ franchise though, which is the point I'm trying to make from Gundamx's assertion.
On the other hand they've released something called "Steins;Gate Nitro The Best! Vol. 5" some time ago
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 06:44   Link #23
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It looks to me like an all-ages visual novel.
Damn.... I'll not buy it...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:54   Link #24
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Muramasa wasn't written by Haganeya though.
Also from what I've seen:
Chaos:Head was produced with 5pb. and Nitroplus together (and, well, it's started as a PC version), Steins;Gate was mostly by 5pb. and with some help from Nitroplus (with scenario too) and Robotics;Notes didn't have any involvement from Nitroplus if you won't count the mecha designer from Polygon Bangcho who's been working with Nitroplus since Muramasa.
actually from what I remamber it was:
Chaos:Head was mostly Nitroplus
Steins;Gate was produced with 5pb. and Nitroplus together
Robotics;Notes was mostly 5pb.
( that why both first games was a lot better than last one since Nitroplus have nothing to do with it's story )
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 08:19   Link #25
erdii

can't they make a normal action game. naming it as visual novel is wrong choice for me. it sound it will involve romance which is something ı don't like much in games. well as long as there is action and titan slaying it is ok for me
Old 2013-05-20, 08:40   Link #26
hinode

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Damn.... I'll not buy it...
These VNs are bonuses bundled with Blu-Ray discs, not a standalone game.

Also, are you sure you want the Levi-Irwin backstory to be an R18 release?
hinode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 08:42   Link #27
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Yeah, you're right I guess though it doesn't mean that Nitroplus was involved in the story writing (only in Steins;Gate and it was minor). It's just the production of the game, you know.
Also I still can't see any involvement from Nitroplus with R;N aside from Ishiwata Makoto as a mecha designer.

And I guess it's a good time to stop talking about Science Adventure Series and concentrate on Shingeki no Kyojin BD novels (BTW Nitroplus also made BD novels with chibi-characters for Psycho-Pass but I wasn't able to open Blu-ray image files on my PC; also I guess these stories/novels weren't that serious).

Oh, and:
Quote:
Anyway, do me a favor and uh, don't put this as TOKIMEKI DOKI DOKI SHINGEKI NO GAKUEN ~EREN NO SEISHUN KOIGATARI~ or something like that in your brain?
Please stop talking about this as it will have romance/routes/other date sim things (I mean it got old already). I'm quite sure that these will be story-centered kinetic novels.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 10:03   Link #28
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
can't they make a normal action game. naming it as visual novel is wrong choice for me. it sound it will involve romance which is something ı don't like much in games. well as long as there is action and titan slaying it is ok for me
You have a totally wrong idea on visual novels.
A visual novel is just that, a novel (with tons of text, equaling volumes of text that you are supposed to read for tens of hours) plus graphics and voice acting. How can we call that an action game?

EDIT: Where did it say there will be interactive Titan slaying?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 11:13   Link #29
Gundamx

eroge = VN
but not all VN = eroge
eroge is one type of VN

than again most if not all legal VN in english = eroge...
Old 2013-05-20, 15:57   Link #30
erdii

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
You have a totally wrong idea on visual novels.
A visual novel is just that, a novel (with tons of text, equaling volumes of text that you are supposed to read for tens of hours) plus graphics and voice acting. How can we call that an action game?

EDIT: Where did it say there will be interactive Titan slaying?
sorry ı didn't know that well ı grew up with god of war, prince of persia, assassin creed, darksiders so it not wrong for me to expect that ı thought it would be fun have some titan slaying

and most important of all there is no VN in my country
Old 2013-05-20, 15:59   Link #31
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
and most important of all there is no VN in my country
That why we have internet
Old 2013-05-21, 01:08   Link #32
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
It looks to me like an all-ages visual novel.
All ages? Which means getting rid of all the violence and brutality? Man, that won't be Attack on Titan anymore
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 02:01   Link #33
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
All ages? Which means getting rid of all the violence and brutality? Man, that won't be Attack on Titan anymore
You know, right?

It doesn't make sense for SnK to be all-age since it has whole lot of gores & violence in it. Is getting chewed by a titan non-gore or not violent?

Do you think some underaged kids could endure such horrifying scenes like that?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 05:55   Link #34
Gundamx

all-age in west =/= all-age in east
normal violence like in anime = all age in east
Old 2013-05-21, 06:22   Link #35
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
all-age in west =/= all-age in east
normal violence like in anime = all age in east
This ^

MangaGamer for example sells Higurashi as an all age title and if you know what Higurashi is about you know it isn't a western type all age story.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 08:31   Link #36
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Just to pinpoint this out, that Annie picture is a fanart by RO. Just to avoid mishaps. /o/
Oh, I see. Thanks for the catch, still very good regardless.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 17:57   Link #37
Seitsuki
Onee!

Was about to ask what pregnant abs look like. Thank god we will never have to find out.
Old 2013-05-23, 18:04   Link #38
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Was about to ask what pregnant abs look like. Thank god we will never have to find out.
Google probably knows...
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 18:58   Link #39
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
it's just the same .....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote