AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 27 Rating
Perfect 10 26 30.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 13.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-19, 02:51   Link #41
avmoghe

Did I ever say he wasn't evil? I only said he wasn't any more evil than he was in episode 2.

What police chief are you referring to? If he only appears in episode 27, then I've already clarified that I haven't seen episode 27 yet, and my statements applied until episode 26.

Read the posts again before calling "bs".

EDIT: Just saw episode 27. The director was the guy who responsible for starting (when he assigned the case to Light's dad) and letting the Kira investigation proceed (until he stopped it later). The director was one of the people who tried to put Kira to death/imprison him for life.

The same logic applies - Kira has killed people who are criminals or have tried to kill him. Nobody is saying Kira isn't evil - I'm simly saying that he isn't any more evil than he was in episode 2 of the show.

Last edited by avmoghe; 2007-04-19 at 03:27.
Old 2007-04-19, 04:48   Link #42
SinsI

The real question should be different: what made Mello think that taking hostages would work at all? Especially after Kira killed his first one.
And if Light doesn't kill his sister he's practically saying "Kira is somebody that actually cares for her life, so Kira is most probably part of her family, and thus is almost certain to be either Yagami Light or Yagami Soichiro".
Giving Death Note, the most terrrible weapon in history that strikes fear into the hearts of thousands criminals to those kidnappers is not even an option, no matter who their hostage is.
Old 2007-04-19, 07:25   Link #43
Laryx

This second arc is interesting, but it feels a little forced.
I`m glad the all parties know about the existence of the death note, this should provider some frenetic action.
I don`t like Mello much as he seems too cliched en evil character. Near is fun despite just being an L clone.
All in all i still feel the series should have ended at episode 26, I doubt season 2 will be as good as the first one. But even then it`s better than 90% of all anime out there.
And then there`s misa in her pink dress. More Misa fanservice please.
Old 2007-04-19, 07:33   Link #44
flyinmunky

Ok...

Ok so just so im clear in episode 26 when you see the phone and it says L is dead thats in 2007?

Then in episode 27 when M and N and that guy are talking about who will take over L that is 2012?

Why the 4 year wait?
Old 2007-04-19, 07:46   Link #45
SinsI

No, M and N were informed in 2007, it's just that it took them a lot of time to get ready.
Old 2007-04-19, 08:59   Link #46
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeiros View Post
Near is voiced by a woman which explains the femininity. Noriko Hidaka to be precise.
At first I thought Sasaki Nozomi was going to do Near when I saw his name in the credits last episode, seeing how he performed the cold and calculating Johann from that other excellent Madhouse series - Monster. But he's OK as the emotional Mello as well.

And who better to play the successor to L than another veteran from the Ranma/Inuyasha cast? Yamaguchi Kappei (L) did Ranma and Inuyasha, while Hidaka Noriko did Tendo Akane and Kikyo.

It's been a long time since I last heard Hidaka's voice, though, the last occasion which I saw her play a male character was as Seta Soujirou in Rurouni Kenshin.
Old 2007-04-19, 09:07   Link #47
FlashCE

Misa fan service was win.

This episode was really surprisingly interesting.
Old 2007-04-19, 12:18   Link #48
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Even though both voices to me don't sound right --- i was surprised by how well i got used to them by the end of the episode. Nice choices i have to admit. Still, its hard to believe someone like Light would miss up like he did, even if it has been a good amount of time without anything happening.
Old 2007-04-19, 16:10   Link #49
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Even though both voices to me don't sound right --- i was surprised by how well i got used to them by the end of the episode. Nice choices i have to admit. Still, its hard to believe someone like Light would miss up like he did, even if it has been a good amount of time without anything happening.
Guess he underestimated because he thought after he killed Ryuk there wonn't be any more of those annoying goonies after him. So it's believable somewhat.
Old 2007-04-19, 17:36   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow Near is just a chibi version of L imo great the ball is rolling again but the time lapse still seem a bit off to me...wow 4 years is a really long time...and i liked the old sayu more tbh >.<
so the big question is...will light be crazy enough to kill a family member ~

mello sure is a strange guy...jealousy has overwhelmed him and soon i can see him turning into another kira...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-19, 20:33   Link #51
iBeast

Go Light. I want him to beat those two silly brats. Melo is immature, Near is cool.
Old 2007-04-19, 21:27   Link #52
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Abduction

I disliked the animation throughout most of the episode. The quality was downhill due that the animation team was slacking.

The colors were opaque and lifeless, and the manner how the characters were drawn look shabby, unclean, and simplistic.

Nonetheless, this epiode packed a lot of content to move and speed the plot without feeling rushed.

If I have to decide between Near and Mello but not as L's true successor but judging their individual merits, I would choose Near since I can identify more with the introverted facets of his nature and passiveness.

He remains composed even at the harshest of the storms and can pull through an otherwise virtually unsolveable situation without crumbling and wavering; how I wish to be just little cool like him on myself.

However, that does not means in anyway that I dislike Mello at all. I perfectly well understand his prone to snap violently and outbursts when he gets frustrated because things either have no end to come out or things turn the other way around.

The only thing I hate about him is his fashion at eating chocolate. He may well try to emulate his late senpai 'L', but the manner on how he bites the chocolate feels to me that he wants to prove to the world that he is the number one hotshot and never quite enjoys his chocolate.
Add that and his disturbed eyes which deliver an aura of unstability, and I would never want to stay at the same room with him.

Spoiler:

I can only say that for Near to have made Light sweat in shivers, then that means he is on the road to become L's true heir.
Old 2007-04-20, 00:06   Link #53
akoftroy

He killed Takimura to prevent the trade for the Death Note and it prevent information from Takimura being given to the kidnappers. He probably assumed that the kidnappers would fail if they tried to pull something like that again. And he underestimated that they'd think it was Kira's doing when Takimura died by suicide.
Old 2007-04-20, 07:00   Link #54
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
That 4 year time gap is just totally off. Didn't Light want to be the god of the new world he was about to create? And he didn't achieve anything noticable in 4 years without real obstacles? I'll just try to ignore that part as good as I can, otherwise it would bother me too much.
Mello is ok but Near, looking like a chibi version of L, kinda pisses me off whenever I see him.
Other than that it was surprisingly interesting, considering L isn't around anymore.
Old 2007-04-20, 09:57   Link #55
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

I just can't think of Mello as a guy. And she...erm...he is irritating as hell.
Old 2007-04-20, 09:58   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quajafrie View Post
I just can't think of Mello as a guy. And she...erm...he is irritating as hell.
Mello has always looked female --- so i'm guessing that why Madhouse came up with the very manly VA voice for him. :3
Old 2007-04-20, 10:14   Link #57
Quajafrie
Not here anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Mello has always looked female --- so i'm guessing that why Madhouse came up with the very manly VA voice for him. :3
Well yeah, to my mind the voice doesn't match with the face at all. All I knew of Mello was the pictures at the opening, so I was sure he was female, and at the beginning of the episode I thought she was just a manly female.
Old 2007-04-20, 10:24   Link #58
Ryuuzaki
Dark Intellect

Light put up with Misa for 5 years...dunno how that works out...I guess if she didn't have the eyes and Misa refused to do as Light said, he'd kill her...but Light seems like he would kill a person like that anyways right away...
Old 2007-04-20, 10:39   Link #59
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

great episode.

I really liked the new-comers. M is (a little?) crazy and I'm curious to see how far he goes. N looks kinda innocent but is amazingly intelligent. I liked N better than M, tho.

Spoiler for best part of the episode by far:
Old 2007-04-20, 11:14   Link #60
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
That 4 year time gap is just totally off. Didn't Light want to be the god of the new world he was about to create? And he didn't achieve anything noticable in 4 years without real obstacles? I'll just try to ignore that part as good as I can, otherwise it would bother me too much.
Mello is ok but Near, looking like a chibi version of L, kinda pisses me off whenever I see him.
Other than that it was surprisingly interesting, considering L isn't around anymore.
Light's ultimate aim is to have 100% of the world's population adhere to his way of life, and 4 years is a bit short to achieve that. Being a God is tougher than it seems, a politician would achieve just as much/little (depends on your perspective) in 4 years (i.e. he may make drastic changes, but not enough to shift public opinion, rather, he has polarized it).

Besides, the narrative already explained that the pro-Kira people are starting to enter the mainstream opinion within these 4 years, and the world was sundered into pro-Kira and anti-Kira.
Closed Thread