AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-12, 01:05   Link #1221
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Btw, thats the reason why Toki never sleep with the head facing Ryuuka.
Yea. She'd use up her visual powers too much.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 02:00   Link #1222
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
By "4th player", you mean her right?

"Not dead until proven dead or seen the dead body." It is one of the main rules in the animeverse.

I wonder if Toki can see with both eyes going "Geass+Innovation" mode...? (But then, if both eyes are, then she becomes a true innovator.)

Remember all the suggestions I made in the previous page.
err no i'm talking about this
Spoiler for teru's massacre record:
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 03:09   Link #1223
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
err no i'm talking about this
Spoiler for teru's massacre record:
Oh... But when you think about it. All of them drop below 10k already... And that Teru's winning hand increases as she own them.. (So by the time if I got ronned off when I left with 10k points, it is sure death.)

And yeah that is massacre... Teru really show no mercy after the first East round... And it will follow all the way till 3rd East round... At least in this episode there is some teamwork to stop that madness...

And thats Overkill! And she went above the usual given points when you think about it... (100k since 25k multiply by 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Yea. She'd use up her visual powers too much...
With those "eyes", then faints, like me... *FAINTS... Heart restarting in half an hour.*

*Half Restart* Translation time.(From /a/)

Quote:

Ryuuka: Wai...what are you doing?
Toki: Just recently, my eye examination results came out poorly, so the doctor told me (as much as possible) that I should look at pretty things.
Ryuuka: A..Ah, well if the doctor said it there's no helping it then.

Guess doctors in the Sakiverse are really... (Go figure what I am going to say, for now... GOOD JOB!) *shut down again*

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-12 at 10:24. Reason: Have to upload it on another site. Will do it latest by tomorrow.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 11:47   Link #1224
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, that was kinda expected: Teru handed everyone their heads in a handbasket. -_-
Old 2012-06-12, 16:08   Link #1225
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
While late, I think the only person who could have a strong chance against Teru is (other than Saki) probably Cold Touka. Her ability "Flow Control" will probably hit exactly what Teru needs to be able to do - it will probably ruin her hands so she can't keep winning. (Saki said she couldn't form even a single kan)

(Though she probably doesn't count, heh)
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 16:25   Link #1226
Sumeragi
Banned

Given Teru's ability to look into the core of players, wouldn't she be able to know about the Cold State and install counters to that?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 20:28   Link #1227
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Given Teru's ability to look into the core of players, wouldn't she be able to know about the Cold State and install counters to that?
Cold state... Plays crazily... Teru may not know how to counter it...

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-12 at 20:39.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 20:47   Link #1228
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Cold state... Plays crazily... Teru may not know how to counter it...
Thing about Teru. All she needs: a full hand of play, and viola. She knows. The real question is: Can Cold Touka be able to beat Teru, despite Teru's insight ability?

And, I so want to see Cold Touka animated. But alas... her tournament opportunities are gone this season.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 20:52   Link #1229
Marina2

Even though Teru can see you to the core, I think she will only know your current playstyle that you use in first turn.

It is possible that if you play completly different than what you usually do, you may make Teru confuse.

Example of different playstyle:

- If Kuro decide to discard dora, it will completly change her gameplay.
- If Toki reach Tempai and foresee that she'll darw a winning tile next turn but she stays quiet by not calling Richii,no one will try to make a call to inturupt her and she'll win that round.

Also, I have writen a theories of How to counter Teru abilities in manga topic let's quote it here.

Quote:
1.) Try to win with fast and cheap hand instead of bigger one. It will increase a chance to interrupt Teru chain win combo and Teru hand will be forced to stay at low score.

2.) Teru uses "Mirror" ability to check up on everyone ability and play style at the first round and play her game according to those data. This is where you can do a trick.

You need to change your play style as often as you can (for each round of the match), so that Teru won’t able to catch up with how you play. She may need to activate her “Mirror” to re-analysis your play style again and in the turn she did that, she (may) can’t complete her hand!

This one may be hard to do for “monster” player who have some kind of rules or conditions bond with their abilities which made it hard for them to change how they play, but for normal player who play according to situation, it will be easier to do, I guess.

3.) Since her hand value is fixed with her own ability’s rule (Start from low value to high value hand and the next hand value must higher than the last one), it shouldn’t be too hard to guess and try to figure out what hand Teru is going for/What tile she need/what tile she will discard. You can easily ron off Teru, or aviod getting Ron by her if you good enough.

All of These ideas will work the best if all players at a table (except Teru) aim to do these things. Also, “helping each other to win” likes what Kirame and Toki done in ep.9 will be a great aid to these methods.

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend” - “Teru is our no.1 enemy, so let’s (temporary) join force and destroy her!!!”

Last edited by Marina2; 2012-06-12 at 21:05.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 20:59   Link #1230
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Even though Teru can see you to the core, I think she will only know your current playstyle that you use in first turn.

It is possible that if you play completly different than what you usually do, you may make Teru confuse.

- If Toki reach Tempai and foresee that she'll darw a winning tile next turn but she stays quiet by not calling Richii,no one will try to make a call to inturupt her and she'll win that round.

Also, I have writen a theories of How to counter Teru abilities in manga topic let's quote it here.
Me: Yes SIR/MA'AM! All hands, Level 1 battle condition.
ex-: OI not like that... Mahjong can't have more than 4 people.
Me: You are right.

Problem: Teru's mirror skill is not confirmed. It may be a passive skill. Changing the play style will only cause Teru to reuse that skill but still be able to complete the hand. The problem is the points Teru may get if she wins. It may be still increasing or goes back to square one.

While you guys are talking about da Teru time, here is some news.

http://www.saki-anime.com/special/interview.php

Spoiler for interview content:
Old 2012-06-12, 21:04   Link #1231
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I have to admit, I've been waiting for an excuse to post this, and this is about as good as any.
Spoiler for Adding On:
Awesome cards! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post

Very interesting list of theories.

It occurs to me that Teru is like Multi-Purpose Kryptonite - She counters superpowers to the point that you might be better off without them.

So interestingly, the best people to challenge Teru (after her own sister) might be flexible skill-based players with no set style.

I doubt that Teru's mirror power would mean much to Yumi or Nodoka. What's there to see? They just play technically-sound mahjong, period. There's no set style, really.
Old 2012-06-12, 21:05   Link #1232
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Don't know if someone else has said it already, but it seems that according to a recent interview...

Spoiler for IT'S FAR FROM OVER:

@Triple R
But countering powers is what Nodoka already does, or rather, she (quite literally) denies them.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 21:09   Link #1233
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Don't know if someone else has said it already, but it seems that according to a recent interview...

You are quite fast... But I noticed beforehand. Look at my post before this.
Old 2012-06-12, 21:10   Link #1234
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

Spoiler for Reply to It's Far From Over:
Old 2012-06-12, 21:54   Link #1235
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Curbstomps aren't often fun to watch, imo, in fights or in sports.
Huh, I'm personally enjoying this because I think that Teru utterly decimating everyone she goes against makes her come across as a threatening and effective antagonist (Or maybe outright villain, depending on the exact nature of the past that she and Saki share). I've always loved seeing the villain tear through everyone at the first just as much as I enjoy seeing the hero eventually overcome them. Though admittedly, the impact of that is dampened somewhat by the fact that I never have a clue what's going on during the mahjong matches.

Next episode looks nice, I love the very pretty artwork of the whole group coming together under the night sky... ... and I'm also curious as to just why Nodoka is groping herself.

EDIT: Dr. Casey, Sol Falling, Kogetsu Shirogane, Myssa Rei, Triple_R+, Kyuu, Scarletknive

Hell yeah, the PPPL Club represent <3
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 21:57   Link #1236
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
...and I'm also curious as to just why Nodoka is groping herself.
It's her equivalent to pinching herself. Alternatively, she wants to hold on to her hopes and dreams...

No, I kid. You'll see next episode.
Old 2012-06-12, 21:58   Link #1237
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
... and I'm also curious as to just why Nodoka is groping herself.
Because not even Nodoka herself can resist her charms?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 22:08   Link #1238
Dr. Casey

She does bring out the lolicon in me, I admit. I don't think I've wanted to fuck a middle school girl this much since I was in middle school.

Quote:
No, I kid. You'll see next episode.
Intriguing, Myssa... intriguing...
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 22:11   Link #1239
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Huh, I'm personally enjoying this because I think that Teru utterly decimating everyone she goes against makes her come across as a threatening and effective antagonist (Or maybe outright villain, depending on the exact nature of the past that she and Saki share). I've always loved seeing the villain tear through everyone at the first just as much as I enjoy seeing the hero eventually overcome them.
You're right in that it makes sense. This is the best way to handle the main antagonist. Way, way better to have this than a weak antagonist.

Quote:
Next episode looks nice, I love the very pretty artwork of the whole group coming together under the night sky... ... and I'm also curious as to just why Nodoka is groping herself.
Maybe Saki complimented her breasts, and that has Nodoka hot and bothered.

Quote:

EDIT: Dr. Casey, Sol Falling, Kogetsu Shirogane, Myssa Rei, Triple_R+, Kyuu, Scarletknive

Hell yeah, the PPPL Club represent <3
... How fitting. I was thinking of making Teru a major antagonist in my PPPL fanfic.
Old 2012-06-12, 22:32   Link #1240
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I deleted a bunch of posts because they are asking about or discussing elements from the manga that have not yet been shown in the anime. If you want to ask about what happens in the manga, you'll have to go to the manga thread instead, per our usual topic/spoiler guidelines. Sorry for the inconvenience...

(The interview can be discussed in spoiler tags, so long as you don't branch into what actually happens in the manga.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-06-13 at 02:45. Reason: guidelines not deadlines, duh... work is catching up to me... ^^;
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri