AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 22:15   Link #221
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Well, it's always been that way no matter that Lance is the little brother. Felix just needs to lose the 'I'm trying to be a cool dark hero, but it makes me look like a big fat asshole instead' mode he seems stuck in and he would be leagues better...
Yeah it's probably that, I'd rather the author develop the whole crazy streak dark hero more. Which is really the only reason i prefer him to his brother.

More of this would be appreciated.
http://www.mangareader.net/the-legend-of-maian/67/44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Would be nice to see if the blood fines runs through him as well.
Given this type of setting it tends to always just be just the one sibling with the special power instead of both/all siblings with it.
Probably wouldn't work story wise, There's massive allusions to the similarities between Felix and Maian bordering on reincarnation and basically their struggle and Blood fines symbolises that. That wouldn't really work if blood fines was a farely common familal trait (I mean what are the chances of both brothers having it). I can see however his brother being a sorta mentor figure to him considering he hasn't quite mastered blood fines.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 22:34   Link #222
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Yeah it's probably that, I'd rather the author develop the whole crazy streak dark hero more. Which is really the only reason i prefer him to his brother.

More of this would be appreciated.
http://www.mangareader.net/the-legend-of-maian/67/44
Unfortunately, I think you'd be on the less popular side of that poll lol.

Speaking for myself, "Dark Felix" is just too much of a change compared to what he was before. Sure, losing Felicia can change a person...but turning them into a douchebag is a lame choice IMO (and somewhat cliche). Where are the heroes who actually mature in their pursuit to become stronger after a timeskip?

That's why I love Luffy from One Piece so much. Especially now. Not really the best example of maturity, but after he incurred a huge loss he didn't come back after a time skip with some dark outlook on life and the attitude to match. The guy stayed true to himself, but exponentially stronger. If there was any new attitude at all it was his regained confidence in his strength. I never saw the need for a "dark hero" development. Especially because in the end they end up being some kind of saint anyways.
Old 2012-03-09, 22:35   Link #223
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I don't think Blood fines are like sharingans where most members in the clans have one.
Old 2012-03-09, 22:42   Link #224
Shadow5YA

Considering it's Im Dalyoung, I'd rather have Felix stay a nice guy than become a "dark" hero. When he tries to make his characters "dark", more often than not they come off as either assholes or crazy assholes.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 23:08   Link #225
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Considering it's Im Dalyoung, I'd rather have Felix stay a nice guy than become a "dark" hero. When he tries to make his characters "dark", more often than not they come off as either assholes or crazy assholes.
Hey unbalance x unbalance main character was awesome and he was a bit of an asshole at least before the end where he almost ruined the character.

Really I think asshole main characters really work well or rather are vindicated in what I would call Luffy momements ironically the charactter whose already mentioned in this thread 9why their called Luffy moments because he's the character I remember having the most of these moments in the anime/manga etc I've read). Bascially their these certain moments where you really want someone to do something but because of the current plot situation logically noone would do it but there's this one character who does not give a fuck and the readers know this and are almsot expecting it and so it feels so, soo good when he does it.

Luffy hitting a tenryuubito would be a prime example noone in their logical right minds would hit one and as was proven later with good reason as the admirals would completely wreck their shit, but Luffy being the uncontrollable rage driven individual he is did not give a single fuck, he's the sorta person who would declare war on the world government on a whim. It was basically a fuck logic fuck alll consequences this guy had it coming sort of punch that felt soooo goood.

That's where assholes when done well tend to shine they have the audacity to do what others don't, not the typical I'm badass I can do whatever I want to this mooks type of mooks sorta audacity more of the completely illogical and seemingly unwinable come on world show me what you got sorta shit. the sort of stuff no other characters would ever do because of logic but reallly, really would want to do.
Old 2012-03-09, 23:19   Link #226
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Probably wouldn't work story wise, There's massive allusions to the similarities between Felix and Maian bordering on reincarnation and basically their struggle and Blood fines symbolises that. That wouldn't really work if blood fines was a farely common familal trait (I mean what are the chances of both brothers having it). I can see however his brother being a sorta mentor figure to him considering he hasn't quite mastered blood fines.
It was also mentioned in story that Blood Fines is extremely rare within the family. Even if they inherit the ability, a even smaller portion are able to control it.

Considering how hard it's to inherit Blood Fines, I wouldn't be surprised if Felix is the only one. Remember, though the author didn't state or show it outright, it's somewhat indirectly implied that Felix's grandfather, father, and brother are all talented, maxed out swordsmen. If they had Blood Fines, it shouldn't be a secret. If someone really had Blood Fines, it would have been revealed back in volume 1 or 2 when Pennslyvania attacked their kingdom.

Finally, as you stated, the author is heavily alluding that Felix is the reincarnation of the original hero. It kind of defeats the purpose of that symbolization if more than one person has Blood Fines.

If anything, based on the events of volume 13, it would seem that Felix's brother might take the role of the legendary Mercenary King.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 08:04   Link #227
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Just read 2 lasted tranlated volumes, I know Lin is a girl due no normal guy should wear a female shorts and the cloak hide her big breast .
Old 2012-03-13, 18:59   Link #228
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Wonder why he beats up on Ruby now. She's hot!

And yes I think Lin's a girl too.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 19:13   Link #229
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Yeah she is a girl since it was clearly implied in the last chapter that she's in love with the Maian Hero but he was in love with someone else.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 23:37   Link #230
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
So guessing something happened to Felicia like she split into 2 people.
Guessing day and night, good and evil sides type of thing.
Kinda reminds me of Kurohime, it's just like the reverse of that.

So think we'll see the other 2 female followers of Maian?
I know I want to, especially the glasses wearing one

And is it wrong that I think Felix's brother is much cooler than Felix?
I mean despite Felix having some cool badass moments his brother just shows up and shows who's boss.
He knows when he's got it good, totally lol when he can't deny being happy having 2 beauties in both hands
Would be nice to see if the blood fines runs through him as well.
Given this type of setting it tends to always just be just the one sibling with the special power instead of both/all siblings with it.
Now that you just mentioned it, the "splitting" of Felicia kind of reminds me of Kurohime.

So Noona (looking for her son and husband) is the good side of Felicia and the current Felicia is just the evil side?
Old 2012-03-16, 23:58   Link #231
Johnny
Working the bags...

I'll say it's at least 4 or 5 volumes before it gets close to putting Felicia back together again. One more emo volume. Another for his brother and them finally meeting again. Then Felix finding out that he needs those three star artifacts in order to restore Felicia. Finally at least one volume a piece for each trail in order to get an artifact. Could be wrong and he compacts them all in one volume, but I doubt it...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 12:26   Link #232
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

That baby sure aged fast.
Baby now a fully functioning 5 year old and treats his adopted mom like a servant.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 17:33   Link #233
ShiroiRyu

Oh !
Some words for you : In the sixth volume of the manwha, we have some words from Lim Dal Young.
In France, that said : "Maian was a work from so many years.
Now it's a manwha, i will correct so many things like incoherence and others."

So, we can hope for a good end ?
Old 2012-04-11, 17:40   Link #234
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Oh !
Some words for you : In the sixth volume of the manwha, we have some words from Lim Dal Young.
In France, that said : "Maian was a work from so many years.
Now it's a manwha, i will correct so many things like incoherence and others."

So, we can hope for a good end ?
That's not neccessarily what it means, but you can hope none the less.
Old 2012-05-21, 01:40   Link #235
milles92

legend of maian

i was hoping when the next chapter comes
milles92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 04:38   Link #236
Velsy

Just read the full 70 chapters over teh last few days. First, I havent minded Felix much, basicly because his character is whiny and hes a coward via the story. But he dam annoys me now that he acts like a know all a$$hole and beats on Ruby. Dishavlu or not, thats no excuse!. Cracked my heart a little with Felicias now serving Diha, but I noticed something was wrong, her being dark skin and all. Like shes turned Dark elf. And I've noticed these last few chapters, Lance is way awesome than Felix is. Sure he may not have the blood fines, but hes has soo much more natural tallent than Felix has. Not to mention it seems hes put effort into his swordsmanship, unlike that other usesless brother who now beats on women.

And it has me saddens that the Reigas Knights are dead, I liked the 4 of them, especially Lyna (my favourit character so far). But the author bringing them back to life, would just be throwing sugar and rainbows on the story. Whats done is done.

Ah and I actually gained alot more respect for Lyian (serisouly they keep changing his name I get confused) when it was revealed he died after the battle. Most likely from wounds ? Sorta a heroic death in my mindset. Then the stupid Shurians covered it up.

Well I didnt want to end up writing a novel, so iam keep it at this for now. Like to see what happens now with Lance coming into the story, oh and Lin seems interesting, I dont really have enough solid evidence to say what I am thinking about er... him.. yeah O_o, Still some doubt so I will leave it at that.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 07:30   Link #237
ShiroiRyu

I thought the chick was the crazy one who was always togerther with Felicia.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:04   Link #238
Bombo
TSF Fans

i loved the cover... <3
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 08:12   Link #239
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 71:

I'm surprised Felix didn't confront Lin about what he overheard the other night, especially given how it involves him.

Also does anyone think that Madrinne might have been one of "Maian the Brave" comrades from the past? Or, perhaps the a possible descendent since Lin seems to know her from hostile glances she's getting.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 12:13   Link #240
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Oh, it seems Sakicow released the whole vol now.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, ecchi, fantasy, manhwa, romance, shounen, tragedy