AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-26, 02:03   Link #481
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jianfish View Post
5. Mushishi: An acquired taste perhaps. Probably different from most of the anime you ever watched. Philosophical even. I catch one and just one episode a night before I sleep. I recommend you do the same.
I must say, I agree with you in that that's probably the best way to watch that series.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 02:46   Link #482
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

hmmm..

1) Hikaru no Go .. each of its battle are chillingly entertaining >.< I still shivers everytime I watch it >.< ...
2) Rozen Maiden/RM Traumend .. 2 series or combined.. excellent story/ character development. Have everything combined at the right amount .. comic, from the prudish annoying ladylike Stinku to the awesomeness of Ginsama .. to the tsundere Suiseiseki.. to the boku girl Souseiseki .. to the loli Hina and Kana, to the annoying guy like Jun ... and the lovely I must hug you Megu .. there's a plethora of characters, All well developed for a very enjoyable 26 episodes ..
3) Mushishi .. As most others have said.. its either love or hate the show.. For me, its love. Each significantly captivating .. the surrounding, the characters . the music.. the story ... sweet enjoyment on every episodes, one of the series that you cant point to an episode and say, I like this one the most IMO.
4) Saiunkoku Monogatari .. Superbly animated anime, great BGM, great lovable character, excellent story ... *loss word*
5) Hard.. very hard.. ties between Azumanga Daioh and Suzumiya Haruhi .. on one corner, AzuDai slice of life for those school girls are never bored to watch... and one could just sit, open an episodes and laugh the hell out of the it.. On the other corner, there's Haruhi the crazy goddess.. and Mikuru the moe blob.. and Yuki the Rei clone =3 and the irreplaceable Kyon and the annoyingly witty Itsuki ..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 15:40   Link #483
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Only five? Aah can't decide.. therefore, the titles shall be listed in no particular order.

> Lucky*Star has managed to make the list with only three episodes. This series is slice-of-life (a genre I'm attracted to like Kona-chan to all aspects of anime, really), but it is also comedic; I haven't gone an episode yet without LOLOL-ing at least a couple times. I love all the character designs; I think all the characters really compliment and work well with each other. Oh, and if *moe* were a genre (which it ought to be, IMO), Lucky*Star would take the cake... and follow a normal distribution of strawberry, cream, and cake as it is eaten.

> Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ is one of the first anime series that I've ever fallen COMPLETELY head-over-heels in love with. I've watched many series obsessively many, many, many times prior to watching Mahoraba, but it's the first series that has made me want to hunt down every single piece of merchandise pertaining to the series, official or fan-made, and store them in plastic protectors and hang them on my wall (or something like that). I love this slice-O-life series because... dangit, it makes me so happy. All the characters are lovable and have some story to tell; there are no "useless" characters. It's got lots of comedic moments, and there's also a hint of romance throughout the series, but just a hint, mind you - don't expect any groping, kissing, or hugging, because there isn't any; just a very subtle attraction (lots of blushing) that I find incredibly cute. What else is incredibly cute about Mahoraba? Kozue has the cutest way of fainting ever. Enough said. (And if you like the anime, you really must check out the manga. It explains Haibara and Johnny's past.) XD

>ARIA is love. Yes, another kawaii slice-o-life anime (I -told- you I was into slice-o-life ), and this one makes me extremely giddy too, to the point that I have said, "when I graduate, I want to become an undine." (...That still holds true. *hides*) All the characters are extremely loveable and this series does an excellent job of pulling on the "aww how sweet" strings. There is a bit of a supernatural theme, but it's very subtle and serves to enhance the overall feeling of "aww how sweet". The art is WONDERFUL.

...Now I'm kind of torn. I love Rozen Maiden's story (and I do love the goth-loli girls), but the ending really lacked. Everything points to the making of a third season simply because there are so many questions left unanswered and there is currently a non-happy ending, but no third season has been announced or even hinted at, really. I do very much like everything about this series except for the ending; there's action, drama, comedy, beautiful character designs... and the character development rawks desuu.

> I haven't watched all of Manabi Straight yet, but it's become a favorite of mine. And yes, again it's another kawaii slice-o-life anime. I'm not sure why this one is so appealing to me, because nothing much really happens, and I don't even really care for Manabi, the main protagonist. I guess the thing about slice-o-life is that the genre tends to have a lot of those small *happy* moments (at least in the titles that I like - I admit to not having watched every slice-o-life anime out there) that makes the viewer either want to smile or barf. (I always *smile* ) Manabi Straight, like the above SoL (abbreviating now, hehe) anime shows, feature a ton of little *happy* moments, and I happen to be a big fan of that.

Aah, I think the last series I'll mention is:

> Azumanga Daiou. The art isn't all that appealing to me but I find this (SoL, yes) series to be a riot! All the characters, like in Lucky*Star, seem to compliment each other really well - I can't think of one character to get rid of or add to the show that would make it any better. And if there's one reason why you should watch it, it should be for the scenes in which Yukari-sensei drives Chiyo-chan to the summer house. ("Ojiisan... Ojiisan!!!!")
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 11:49   Link #484
Anysia824

Send a message via MSN to Anysia824
1.Naruto
2. Bleach
3. mermaid melody
4 gundam seed destiny
5. oraun high school host club
Anysia824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 02:51   Link #485
AzureSaber
Iron Knight Dreamer

My top five fav anime.....

1) Gundam Seed/ Destiny (Been a fan of gundam series forever.)
2)Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (All three seasons) I love the Nanoha series. So cool!!!!
3)Cardcaptor Sakura (My very first Anime I ever watched)
4)Bleach (Just too cool to describe)
5)Shakugan No Shana (Love the OPs and storyline)
AzureSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 10:44   Link #486
Simplex
And I'm feeling good

1. Monster
2. Berserk
3. Planetes
4. Suzumiya Haruhi
5. Kanon (2006)

I really don't like to put any series in the top 5, that hasn't finished yet, because they could end the series horribly. Then it won't be in your top 5 anymore. It's like judging an incomplete picture. You just can't do that. Except for shonen. I mean, they never end and turn out exactly what you think will happen.
Simplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 11:04   Link #487
awesom-o-4000

Currently.....

1) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
2) Nana
3) Death Note
4) School Rumble
5) Great Teacher Onizuka
awesom-o-4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 14:49   Link #488
Ryou
Hellion

Send a message via MSN to Ryou Send a message via Yahoo to Ryou
Currently...
1.)The Law of Ueki
2.)Bleach
3.)Death Note
4.)D.N.Angel
5.)Naruto
Ryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 19:16   Link #489
Melodymix
Ying Yang

1. Full Metal Alchemist
2. Claymore
3. Gintama
4. Ouran High Host Club
5. Bleach or Hitman Reborn!
Melodymix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 20:41   Link #490
krysinello
Sousuke Sagara

Send a message via MSN to krysinello
1. Full Metal Panic! (all 3 seasons)
2. Neon Genisis Evangelion
3. Trigun
4. Orphen
5. Elfen Lied
krysinello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 23:45   Link #491
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

1. Elfen Lied
2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
3. Lupin III
4. Neon Genisis Evangelion
5. FLCL
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 00:29   Link #492
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Whoops I had already posted them, never mind.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 19:55   Link #493
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

1) DBZ
2) GS/GSD
3) Ah My Goddess/Sorezore No Tsubasa
4) Cowboy Bebop
5) Trigun

In no real order...I like all for different reasons.
Old 2007-06-18, 02:48   Link #494
HyugaHinata
*Fansubber

1. Only Yesterday. Classic Takahata at his best. It's out in Australia, but still not out in the US for some reason.
2. Hunter x Hunter. Does right everything that Naruto does wrong. Great pacing and always interesting
3. Grave of the Fireflies. The best war movie ever made, IMO. Rarely can a 90-minute movie seem like a 3-hour movie without being boring.
4. Fullmetal Alchemist. An excellent blend of mythology and science. Rarely boring.
5. Mizuiro Jidai. I know this'll sound wierd, but I can't forget the first anime I ever fansubbed. ^_^
HyugaHinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 13:27   Link #495
lftwgr

Only 5? Oh well...

1. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
2. Full Metal Panic - FMP, Fumoffu, TSR
3. Evangelion
4. Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo
5. School Rumble - SR, Ni Gakki
lftwgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 20:55   Link #496
desi09
Sono un cattivo perdente.

1. Honey and Clover (Seasons 1 & 2) - Simply the best. It makes you cry as much as it makes you laugh.
2. LoveCom - I know that it hasn't even finished, but I've enjoyed every episode.
3. Death Note(L arc) - I just enjoyed watching...although I'm very disappointed on the episodes after L's death. To me it just fell from there and got boring.
4. Geass - One of those "Revolution" type animes and dominating the world types that press on several moral and ethical issues.
5. Ghost Hunt - fan-girled a lot in this series... and all the ghost/paranormal things were pretty interesting.
desi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 20:52   Link #497
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

1. Initial D - First non-dubbed anime I saw. Introduced me to the racing culture of Japan, along with some cars you can't get/hard to get here in Canada.
2. School Rumble - Came for the Initial D parody, stayed for the storyline.
3. FMP (and sequels) - First non-racing anime I've watch in entirety.
4. Shuffle! - First ero-game based anime I have interest in.
5. Bleach - shinigamis FTW!

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-06-26 at 18:15.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 23:42   Link #498
angela21

haha. this is hard i might just change my mind later.

i'll just name some i really like.
- Rurouni Kenshin (this was really the first anime that i watched knowing that it was an anime)
- Bokura ga Ita
- Sailor Moon (guilty. i cant help it. haha i was obsessed when i was younger. )

wow is that really it.. i have some other ones that came close, but not close enough.

i'll be back to make some additions. probably.
angela21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 06:05   Link #499
cityhunter

Best Anime

A few of my favourites:

Dragonball
Cityhunter
Ranma 1/2
Slam Dunk
Tenchi Muyo
Yu Yu Hakusho
Ushio and Torah
Ah My Goddess
Inu Yasha
Angel Heart
Bleach
Naruto
Love Hina
Initial D

Enjoy !!!
cityhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 22:25   Link #500
THX

My top 5!

1. Berserk
2. Full Metal Alchemist
3. Evangelion
4. Last Exile
5. Death Note

Claymore might find its way into my top 5 by the time the series is done as well.
THX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lists, top five