AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-07, 19:57   Link #241
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Sorry, no figures yet. Will figmas and nendorids suffice?

Credit to TomoPop for the pictures.
Oh wow, didn't know loli Haruhi getting figma treatment. When was this announced?
EDIT: Just noticed black uniform Haruhi and adult Mikuru-chan there.

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2010-02-10 at 12:39.
Old 2010-02-07, 20:06   Link #242
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Oh wow, didn't loli Haruhi getting figma treatment. When was this announced?
EDIT: Just noticed black uniform Haruhi and adult Mikuru-chan there.
To my knowledge (which honestly does not amount to very much in this field) these were just announced this weekend at the Winter WonferFest in Japan. I only posted this picture in this thread due to perfect timing for bhl88's comment about a 1/8th figure. I'm taking any of my further discussion to the merchandise thread so we can get on-topic again.

Edit: To get on topic, some changes that were made to the movie go as follow (according to 2ch's wiki)
1. Instead of cutting out the drinking scene from Lone Island Syndrome like the anime did, they kept that part for the movie (which will likely confuse some people)
2. Instead of inviting Kyon to her apartment on the second day of Disapperance, Yuki invites him to a cafe in front of Family Mart, then to the apartment.
3. Instead of having the final conversation between Kyon and Yuki be in Kyon's room like the novel, it is instead on the rooftop of the hospital.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-02-07 at 20:18. Reason: added changed scenes
Old 2010-02-07, 20:30   Link #243
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
1. Instead of cutting out the drinking scene from Lone Island Syndrome like the anime did, they kept that part for the movie (which will likely confuse some people)
I detect a DVD special. Come on KyoAni! Do it for justice!
Old 2010-02-08, 01:03   Link #244
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
3. Instead of having the final conversation between Kyon and Yuki be in Kyon's room like the novel, it is instead on the rooftop of the hospital.
This, why?

I read somewhere earlier that they wanted Yuki to stand somewhere where snow can fall down and she can do the 'Yuki pose', or something like that.

Clearly, they forgot that pose is from volume 8, not 4.
Old 2010-02-08, 01:39   Link #245
kyonyun
Evil Overlordy Thing

so is there any possible way to watch this without having to wait for the DVD or fly over to japan and watch it,

i dont mind either watching it in full japanese because ive read the ook at least twice and i know as much japanese as a year 11
Old 2010-02-08, 01:55   Link #246
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyonyun View Post
so is there any possible way to watch this without having to wait for the DVD or fly over to japan and watch it...
None that we're allowed to talk about on this forum... ^_^
Old 2010-02-08, 04:48   Link #247
tolerantfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyonyun View Post
so is there any possible way to watch this without having to wait for the DVD or fly over to japan and watch it,
there was a rumour some time ago, that the technology, that allow to block filming camrip, is used in japanese cinemas. If don't want to wait for DVD and go to Japan you shoud hope for it was only rumour and wait for when kind japanese with video cameras...
Old 2010-02-08, 04:56   Link #248
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolerantfire View Post
there was a rumour some time ago, that the technology, that allow to block filming camrip, is used in japanese cinemas. If don't want to wait for DVD and go to Japan you shoud hope for it was only rumour and wait for when kind japanese with video cameras...
How the hell do you "block filming"? That shouldn't be possible. What, does the theatre itself automatically short out any video camera attempting to be used?
Old 2010-02-08, 05:30   Link #249
tolerantfire

i don't know the details but the talk was about using special screens or smth like this that distort the record and make it unable to see, cause of horrible record's quality. I agree it's rather unbelivable and looks like trolling to prevent attempts of camriping, but they are still japanese, they are enough crazy and clever to do it =) and also they take copyrights maybe even more seriously than people in the North America and Western Europe.
Old 2010-02-08, 05:44   Link #250
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
i don't know the details but the talk was about using special screens or smth like this that distort the record and make it unable to see, cause of horrible record's quality.
I'm pretty sure this is impossible, but you never know...

Can anyone else confirm this?

Quote:
and also they take copyrights maybe even more seriously than people in the North America and Western Europe.
Yeah, this isn't that true. Although I can see it being harder to sneak a camera into a theatre, their copyright laws allow for derivative works like doujins, which aren't legal to produce in the US.
Old 2010-02-08, 06:15   Link #251
tolerantfire

unfortunatly, i can only give you a link for a russian translation of article from mnd.mainichi.jap, but the primary article can't be found (error 404 =)). So if you for some reasons o_O have an instaled Cyrillic alphabet on your computer, you can use
http://translate.google.com to get a surface idea of the article. If it's imposible you can look in the english Internet for some info, i am quite sure, that it can be found.
here is the link http://news.leit.ru/archives/4662

Ps, to avoid misunderstandings, i should mention that it's only rumour and nothing else, but some rather official info had place
PPs, have just found some info http://www.fareastgizmos.com/other_s...e_theaters.php
Old 2010-02-08, 06:52   Link #252
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
How the hell do you "block filming"? That shouldn't be possible. What, does the theatre itself automatically short out any video camera attempting to be used?
I imagine that various coatings on the screen or polarized lens in the projector could lower the quality of a recording but be unnoticeable to the audience. Human eys don't work the same as digital camera sensors. And of course there are any number of methods to catch pirates in the act or insert watermarks into the recording.
Old 2010-02-08, 07:53   Link #253
bayoab

Quote:
Yeah, this isn't that true. Although I can see it being harder to sneak a camera into a theatre, their copyright laws allow for derivative works like doujins, which aren't legal to produce in the US.
And at the same time, no copyrighted images are allowed on wikipedia and multiple blogs have been hit with C&Ds for posting screenshots.

People really need to drop this entitlement syndrome with regards to the movie though. We already had our spoilerific screenshot collection thanks to Lantis.
Old 2010-02-08, 08:13   Link #254
tolerantfire

Quote:
Edit: To get on topic, some changes that were made to the movie go as follow (according to 2ch's wiki)
2. Instead of inviting Kyon to her apartment on the second day of Disapperance, Yuki invites him to a cafe in front of Family Mart, then to the apartment.
it's interesting to know, how the sick man, that is kyon, found himself on the roof of the hospital and also where did they put the scene of drunken feast here?=)
Old 2010-02-08, 08:32   Link #255
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
it's interesting to know, how the sick man, that is kyon, found himself on the roof of the hospital and also where did they put the scene of drunken feast here?=)
It's more of a reference line by Haruhi saying that she'll never drink alcohol again in the novel during the Christmas party planning session. There may be a visual flashback picture/scene during that scene in the movie or it could just be the same line. Either way, it's something that people who haven't read the novel won't get.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-02-08, 11:10   Link #256
GDB

Quote:
Yes, they use the technology called "Threaten you with the maximum punishment possible."

Quote:
Actually, they're very serious about movie pirates. Unlike in America, they have very obvious "NO PIRATING" shorts before movies. Know how America (even foreigners likely know this from various TV and movies) has those "Let's all go to the market" and no smoking/cell phone things before movies? Yeah, Japan has one like that for no pirating.

There's a reason you see little to no cam-rips for movies coming from Japan.
Old 2010-02-08, 11:15   Link #257
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Advertisement gimmick This somehow changes the meaning of the invitation though, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post

People really need to drop this entitlement syndrome with regards to the movie though. We already had our spoilerific screenshot collection thanks to Lantis.
Watching a slideshow of screenshots is very different from watching the movie, though
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Actually, they're very serious about movie pirates. Unlike in America, they have very obvious "NO PIRATING" shorts before movies. Know how America (even foreigners likely know this from various TV and movies) has those "Let's all go to the market" and no smoking/cell phone things before movies? Yeah, Japan has one like that for no pirating.

How well does the NO PIRATING shorts work, anyway? It's just a threat, that's all. Anyone knows the punishment for movie pirates in Japan?

I thought the little to no cam-rips from Japan was because the Japanese actually respected the movie-makers.
Old 2010-02-08, 11:23   Link #258
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Actually, America has had one of those for a while.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2010-02-08, 11:45   Link #259
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Actually, America has had one of those for a while.
Shows how often I go to the movies here. Last one I saw was Sherlock Holmes. Before that... Iron Man, I think?
Old 2010-02-08, 12:40   Link #260
tolerantfire

Quote:
Yes, they use the technology called "Threaten you with the maximum punishment possible."

This system is not for threatening, but for making camriping unable. There are rather strict laws about pirates in Japan, so they needn't threaten someone any more. As far as i remeber the punishment is till 6 years of prison, but i may be mistaken.

So strange that America for some reasons hasn't *no pirating promo* before movies, cause this country should have the greatest interest in pirates fighting, cause Hollywood is the main looser in this fight .
Closed Thread