AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2012-01-12, 15:02   Link #101
paladinenvec

Spoiler for Chapter 29:

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2012-01-14 at 04:11.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 15:03   Link #102
marvelB

Yeah, just checked out the chapter myself. Definitely an action-packed one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Spoiler for chapter 29:

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 19:10   Link #103
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Great chapter. Really looking forward to the next. Need to know who that female is.
Old 2012-01-13, 02:20   Link #104
Gooral
Banned

I disagree, mediocre chapter IMO.
Spoiler for 29:
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 08:15   Link #105
yuzen003

Eren has been able to become a titan for more then half the series and it's obviously going to be a major plot point (how he acquired the ability and how he will use it). The manga is partially about learning the origin of these titans who have overrun the earth and the author has dropped a lot of hints that Eren's titan powers will lead to discovering that origin.

Since the female titan did not outright kill him (meaning just smash his human body as she killed the other soldiers) it appears he has been captured (we know titan's don't actually digest what they eat) and will have a chance to meet the other human titans. While I thought the chapter was kind of short I am anticipating the next few chapters will provide some answers.
yuzen003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 10:29   Link #106
Key Board
Carbon

The story lost some mystery when they started to explain things

and it lost some tension when Eren became a giant. That sense of survival horror has diminished somewhat.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 11:40   Link #107
yuzen003

After the first couple chapters they're all trained soldiers so I've been looking at it as something similar to the Black Company novels, in other words an army in a crapsack world filled with man eating giants rather then survival horror. Their long term goal is to retake their world rather then just avoid being killed/escape. Perhaps I have had the wrong perspective, but on the other hand never really viewing it as a survival horror series means I haven't been disappointed by the drop in those elements.
Old 2012-01-13, 23:09   Link #108
Key Board
Carbon

well that's my point

the tension has diminished somehow now that they have a Gundam.. err.. giant on their side
suddenly the world is not as crapsack-ish
before you had that horrible tense atmosphere of "oh.. I could be eaten any time now"

Now, not so much..

Heck does anyone even expect you know who to die after seeing the last chapter?
The tension is not what it used to be
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 08:13   Link #109
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Spoiler for ch 29:
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 11:16   Link #110
yuzen003

Just my opinion but it always felt like Mikasa could always curb stomp Eren in human or titan form and Rivialle is probably at least that strong. The titan ability is another weapon but he's not even the most dangerous person on his side so I never considered it as unbalancing as to ruin the story or make him seem invincible. It gives the humans the chance to fight the titans on a more level playing field, but as long as they faced an enemy with unknown/possibly unlimited troops and with dubious support/possible traitors from their own side they'll be at a disadvantage.
Old 2012-01-14, 11:53   Link #111
Inarius
★★★★★

chapter felt so short cause of the lack of text T_T

And aw shiznit, Eren got defeated. I can't say I wasn't expecting that to some degree.

But that girl better start praying his plot armor doesn't activate, cause I think we all remember what happened to the last titan that ate Eren
Old 2012-01-14, 15:24   Link #112
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inarius View Post

And aw shiznit, Eren got defeated. I can't say I wasn't expecting that to some degree.

But that girl better start praying his plot armor doesn't activate, cause I think we all remember what happened to the last titan that ate Eren
Crap! Even I don't want to imagine what'd happen if that worked again.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 15:58   Link #113
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inarius View Post

I dunno, the giant might be included in the harem.
Old 2012-01-18, 05:06   Link #114
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Does anyone have a translation/summary of the page where Ishiyama admitted MLA plagiarism? I have the raw page but I'm not sure if it was included in the 11/4 chapter of SnK or a doujin he drew.

Also, who licensed this manga?
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 08:48   Link #115
yuzen003

New chapter is out and Mikasa was badass. I'm not sure why all her commanders have held her in reserve, if they used her earlier she would make a differance and save a lot of lives.
Old 2012-02-10, 11:20   Link #116
marvelB

^Mikasa was cool, but damn did Rivaille slice up that titan-gal good.....

Anyhow, the chapter ending was rather depressing. I wonder what's going to happen now that most of the most of the scouting legion's gone? I doubt that any new recruits would be skilled/experienced enough to go on another titan hunt anytime soon.....
Old 2012-02-10, 12:10   Link #117
Johnny
Working the bags...

I wonder if that lady titan was crying in pain or at losing Eren? Doesn't look good for Eren either...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 15:04   Link #118
Teorenz

The female titan was Annie LeonHardt. For someone who was smart and can beat Eren at H2H combat it has to be. She also killed the captured titans.
Also, I just knew that female titan would stand no chance against Rivialle.
Teorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-10, 15:58   Link #119
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teorenz View Post
The female titan was Annie LeonHardt. For someone who was smart and can beat Eren at H2H combat it has to be. She also killed the captured titans.
Also, I just knew that female titan would stand no chance against Rivialle.
And since she left the main cast we've met how many in the scouting legion that can beat Eren? Honestly the evidence people bring up to try to make Annie be this enemy titan is laughable at best.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:10   Link #120
marvelB

^Actually, the female titan being Annie is the most plausible theory by far. There were a lot of strong hints to her true identity like when she seemed to recognize Armin, and around the time when Jean was fighting her Armin distracted her by claiming that she killed Eren..... yet he was actually careful to not use Eren's name directly ("that guy who was in a hurry to die", "my best friend", etc.). Of course the titan's superior combat ability is a more vague assumption, but notice how she seemed to excel the most at kicking techniques..... which is what Annie was good at (remember when Eren learned her leg sweep move in that flashback?). So yeah, I'd definitely say that there's some pretty solid evidence that points to the female titan's true identity.....