AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 17:43   Link #41
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

You know, I just looked up information on the director, and now I think I understand why it's animated the way it is, provided this is up to him.

A previous show he had worked on, was the Ape Escape (Saru! Getchu) anime, which aired a number of years back. The show was produced and heavily cel-shaded, which most of the animation wasn't terrible, but it wasn't fantastic either. However, the show had instances where it would shift between 2D Animation and then back to 3D Animation. I remember like some of the facial reactions were done in 2D, including the scene where Koota transforms into Spector (one of the first scenes you see in the anime too). It also used the thing with having 3D Animation on top of 2D backgrounds.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 01:32   Link #42
Jerseykid

That was a lot of grunting and screaming by Ichigo. I am glad to hear his voice person still get work.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 01:43   Link #43
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
That was a lot of grunting and screaming by Ichigo. I am glad to hear his voice person still get work.
Damn, that Masakazu Morita - he's a legend! Don't be dissing the legend.

I thought that was good, basic GAR rage and anguish. Definitely not subtle, but the moment called for it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 21:24   Link #44
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for episode 2 (or is it 3?):
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 22:04   Link #45
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Did it have the same type of CGI usage as the premiere?
Old 2012-06-15, 16:25   Link #46
Forsaken_Infinity

Hmmm. I am a bit of a zealot when it comes to historical accuracy but I suppose I can get over that to enjoy what seems promising based on what I saw in the two episodes thus far.
Old 2012-06-16, 21:19   Link #47
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely watch the first 3eps and its not to bad but the cell shading makes it a looks a little terrible
Old 2012-06-17, 09:40   Link #48
OpenDoors

I am a big fan of the manga (read up to vol 22) and I can understand why they decided to use CG. It was really the opening that convinced me that it is better this way because in large scale battle the cost to do it well using "traditional" methods will make the production cost skyrocket.

By no means am I saying that the animation is good but if they can improve the fluidity of the fights (virtually no momentum of the swings felt, though even some well budgeted animes/games do this) it will be good. Semi-realistic fights are big parts of the appeal.
OpenDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 16:03   Link #49
Kitsu Breaker

The Opening is nice, the ending is beatifuld, the animation make me cry, in bad sense

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 14:14   Link #50
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well, I must admit that the animation is pretty poor, but for me thus far (after 3 eps) the story is engaging enough to make me overlook the visuals.

I think I may keep this one for now - I generally like long, epic stories, so I will give this one a try.
Old 2012-06-26, 03:08   Link #51
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, from what I read in the manga, the story is quite good, especially to a history junkie like me. It's also amusing that they decide to use the highly controversial figure qin shi huang as a hero instead of the mre conventional one such as Liu Bang or Ming dynasty Zhu Yuanzhang which usually portrayed more heroical than Qin Shi Huang
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 01:39   Link #52
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, in ep 4 they moved away from the over the top cgi and returned to a more normal animation style it seems. Which means I am enjoying it more and it feels more normal in a way. I like the story of the series and kinda like the charas. In some way the little mountain boy accompanying them has interested me the most so far - although I must admit that I like the young king too.
Old 2012-06-27, 01:41   Link #53
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I was sure that was a girl for the longest time. I'm still not convinced!
Old 2012-06-27, 20:46   Link #54
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I was sure that was a girl for the longest time. I'm still not convinced!
If you meant that thing inside the owl suit, I definitely agree. I have never been wrong about a character's gender before so it was indeed a definite shocker.
Old 2012-06-29, 20:25   Link #55
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I am thinking the same thing. I hope the owl suit kid is a girl, it will give this show some gender balance ^
Old 2012-07-02, 15:58   Link #56
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep 5 and the show just keeps on keeping on. This was one of those episodes that was already over when I thought it was half done. Everyone is over the top, but the characters do come through.

The owl-kid is played by Kugimiya Rie, so it could be a girl. I haven't noticed anything in the script so far that makes the kid's gender clear. From the end credits, the character's name is 河了貂, if anyone else wants to search around and find out (but not put it in this thread, even under spoiler tags, if you do).

I'm happy that they are portraying Qin Shihuang as positively as they are. For all his brutalities, he did create China by conquering and bringing together all the various ancient countries there, and that made possible the peaceful centuries of the Han. He was like a Napoleon who won and created one Europe. It reminds me of Souten Kouro a couple of years ago, which made Cao Cao (usually the villain in the Three Kingdoms) its hero. That was also quite justifiable: if Cao Cao had won, China might have been unified and at peace three centuries earlier.

This is a kids' show, and not really historically accurate, but it still has some historical interest.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-02 at 16:31.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:59   Link #57
Forsaken_Infinity

One flaw with your argument regarding Cao Cao Kaoru Chujo, China did in fact get unified pretty much right after Cao Cao's time, albeit under a completely different house than all three competing. But the peace didn't last long at all. Might haves are kinda iffy in the first place. But there's nothing wrong with portraying Cao Cao as a hero of course.
Old 2012-07-02, 22:23   Link #58
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

When was it stated that owl-girl is a boy?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 22:40   Link #59
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
One flaw with your argument regarding Cao Cao Kaoru Chujo, China did in fact get unified pretty much right after Cao Cao's time, albeit under a completely different house than all three competing. But the peace didn't last long at all. Might haves are kinda iffy in the first place. But there's nothing wrong with portraying Cao Cao as a hero of course.
That's because the one unifying China isn't him, a very capable minister and leader. If China was unified under his rule, Cao Cao might be able to set a better rule since his kingdom does last for 3 generation before being coup de tat by one of his descendant's vassal.

I agree with Kaoru though, for all the villified image of qin shi huang, he was the only one with the vision to unify China and set the example to later dynasty. Not only that, he also has enough leadership and wile to make his vision come true, and his policy as an emperor was not all bad. In fact, there's an essay somewhere that the reason qin shi huang was villified that much was because his vision was too advanced in ancient China(think like how copernicus solar revolution theory was too advanced for his time)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 23:40   Link #60
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I agree with Forsaken_Infinity that it's hard to say what "might have" happened. But Cao Cao was a strong and capable personality, so he might have been able to set up something that lasted. Or not.

And as for the First Emperor, we do have to give credit (and blame) to minister Li Si. I find the burning books and burying scholars hard to justify, and the deaths of so many people in constructing things like the Great Wall. But unity was clearly a problem, and the Great Wall at least had some defensive value. As kuroishinigami says, without his "leadership and wile" he couldn't have unified China.

I've read that when the First Emperor sent officials from the new capital to rule the regions, the local aristocratic families were upset. They wanted to continue running their local areas themselves. So they supported rebellions against the Qin. He was ahead of his time, since the country wasn't ready for a real bureaucracy yet.

Tags
action, drama, fantasy, historical, seinen