AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-27, 14:28   Link #221
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav
Just endure it, and I guarantee you (Um... Probably. Depends ), you'll get the most satisfaction that way. If I tell you tidbits of the story now, you may go "Bleh... Guess I placed my expectations too high" once they get to the good parts. I dunno... It may be different for everyone but I feel it's best that you endure the er... Suspense until their part in the main plot is completely over.
What I've been thinking about after I typed that post out. I do wonder how many episodes would they cover for the triangle - I'm hoping they'd dedicate at least a few more to other new pairings before going back to Shizuma/Nagisa. As mentioned probably countless times, I'm not the least bit thrilled about that.

Quote:
Although... I could still post more (official) pics of them... Nah, don't wanna yet.
Oh, please do. That picture with Hikari and Amane with wings was completely breathtaking. I have you to thank for imflaming my love for anything OTP art now.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 18:31   Link #222
Dav

Yeah, I do hope the Anime will be fair to the other couples (of course, my number 1 wish goes to the Amane X Hikari X Yaya triangle ).

And no problem. Just wanna spread the Amane X Hikari lurve~ ^___^

Here's a treat.
Spoiler:
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 09:38   Link #223
Fishbait

Hmm watched episode 4...

Spoiler:
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 13:03   Link #224
BiZz
God ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait
Hmm watched episode 4...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 19:01   Link #225
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Episode four was so chock full of cliches and yet it wasn't bad. However, I think it will take time for me to get used to Amane's voice

Spoiler:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 02:25   Link #226
fynefilo

Send a message via MSN to fynefilo
Spoiler for ep.4:
fynefilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 07:02   Link #227
Dav

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiZz
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fynefilo
Spoiler for ep.4:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-01, 20:19   Link #228
Fishbait

Heheh, I do wonder how much they gonna devout to the other girls. This episode was pretty much all about the Spica 3.
Old 2006-05-02, 00:07   Link #229
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Was so about to drop this (there's only so many times I can laugh my head off at shoujo-ai cliches) but then they bring in Chikaru and Yaya... Shizuma/Nagisa can go tie themselves up in a tree and Amane/Hikari can go ride off a cliff but I want my Chikaru and Yaya!

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 02:04   Link #230
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I actually liked episode 4. It was a pretty decent episode since something is actually going to happen (Etoile elections) which makes up for the no plot yuri factor so far.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 04:55   Link #231
Dav

Yes, true. I also hope the Etoile elections in the Anime will take after the novel and/or Manga's plot. It would definitely be much more interesting, imho.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dav; 2006-05-02 at 13:12.
Old 2006-05-02, 10:56   Link #232
Fishbait

lol cliches, im not bothered by them at all for some reason

What isnt cliche these days :P
Old 2006-05-02, 13:00   Link #233
Dav

Haha. True true.

StoPani is chock full of them, but I'm not bothered by them either. I'm watching it solely for the yuri factor and amusement now, because nothing much can be expected from it... Yet.

Chikaru is so lovable - "Yoteidoori!" ^^
Old 2006-05-02, 13:09   Link #234
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Exactly how long is this series? Of course all this fluffiness might be an attempt to catch the viewers off guard, and then late in the series they might throw in yuri rape scenes or something.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 13:23   Link #235
Mentar
Banned

26 Eps.

I wouldn't even agree with the no-plot factor. We're in the character introduction phase right now. And there are already seeds for several storylines. Shizuma's past. The rivalries between Spica and Miator. The Amane-Hikari-Yaya triangle. Chikaru.

I'm perfectly fine with the way they're developing the story. It certainly exceeds my expectations as a huge MariMite fan, based on what I heard about SP before.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 14:04   Link #236
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Spoiler:
*nods* I've a soft spot for cliches done right. And character-having-tragic-pasts is a sure win for me to support them, no matter how unhealthy it is. Blame Shungiki Nakamura's Hybrid Child for that trauma (it reduced me to a teary mess. I could give you a link to it, providing you don't mind the BL. )

Quote:
I wouldn't even agree with the no-plot factor. We're in the character introduction phase right now. And there are already seeds for several storylines.
Just once, I wish I could say the same for Gakuen Heaven.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-02, 17:48   Link #237
Dav

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Of course all this fluffiness might be an attempt to catch the viewers off guard, and then late in the series they might throw in yuri rape scenes or something.
Gawd, no Kannazuki please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
*nods* I've a soft spot for cliches done right. And character-having-tragic-pasts is a sure win for me to support them, no matter how unhealthy it is. Blame Shungiki Nakamura's Hybrid Child for that trauma (it reduced me to a teary mess. I could give you a link to it, providing you don't mind the BL. )
I'm with you all the way in this one. I'm an absolute sap when it comes to characters who have tragedy haunting them. I just get snagged by their dilemma and end up strongly rooting for them.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-03, 00:44   Link #238
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 5

Saitou Chiwa as Chiyo ftw! Another cliche taken to a beautiful extreme. The imouto-figure's imouto: imouto-issima.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 10:36   Link #239
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Here's hoping for more Yay & Hikaru goodness in the near future.. well i think it'll happen, what with it being 26 episodes and all.

Episode 04 seems interesting.. very interesting. >_>
Old 2006-05-05, 13:01   Link #240
Cyz
"Show it to me"

it's a nice change of atmosphere after the first 3 episodes full of nagisa x shizuma x tamao-chan scenarios
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri