AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Old 2017-01-09, 08:16   Link #681
dracorax

Perhaps the 2nd game will be translated.
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.a...eria=PS%20Vita
Old 2017-01-09, 10:15   Link #682
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I'm really glad they didn't go with "The False Faces". "Mask of Deception" is a much, much better translation that retains the multiple meanings of the original title. I have no idea how you could translate Futari no Hakuoro in a way that makes sense though . (A lot of people call it "The Two Hakuoro" but that's actually a pretty bad translation).
Old 2017-01-09, 11:45   Link #683
MeanMachine
MeanWritingMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
I'm really glad they didn't go with "The False Faces". "Mask of Deception" is a much, much better translation that retains the multiple meanings of the original title. I have no idea how you could translate Futari no Hakuoro in a way that makes sense though . (A lot of people call it "The Two Hakuoro" but that's actually a pretty bad translation).
I personally wouldn't have a problem having it translated as The Two White Rulers or The Two White Kings. It's obvious the name relates to Haku and Hakuoro, thought the direct relation to their names would be lost in translation.

Maybe they could add something to the title, such as "The Tale of" The Two White Rulers or something.

If it DOES get translated, I'm hope they do a decent job marketing it (looking at you, English version of Tears to Tiara II, of whom I heard nothing about until after you were released!). Because if the sales suck, the third chapter probably won't get released.

Also, it would be nice if they translated the PS2 version of Utawa 1 to go along with it.
MeanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 12:01   Link #684
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMachine View Post
I personally wouldn't have a problem having it translated as The Two White Rulers or The Two White Kings. It's obvious the name relates to Haku and Hakuoro, thought the direct relation to their names would be lost in translation.

Maybe they could add something to the title, such as "The Tale of" The Two White Rulers or something.

If it DOES get translated, I'm hope they do a decent job marketing it (looking at you, English version of Tears to Tiara II, of whom I heard nothing about until after you were released!). Because if the sales suck, the third chapter probably won't get released.

Also, it would be nice if they translated the PS2 version of Utawa 1 to go along with it.
The Two White Rulers could work (the title should preferably be gender neutral so "kings" is a no-go) but it isn't an ideal translation. Just like in Itsuwari no Kamen the title has one meaning you assume it refers to and a real meaning that is only clear when you finish the game, with The Two White Rulers you pretty much lose that as you don't have any reason to assume the title refers to Haku and Hakuoro anymore which means the reveal of the real meaning won't feel as cool.

And yeah I sure hope they release both games otherwise I'll feel really bad for people who play Utaware 2.
Old 2017-01-10, 15:11   Link #685
PupNacke

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMachine View Post
I played Utawa 1 on PC with the english translation mod years of years ago... I'm going to buy the Translation for sure if it comes out for PS4.... (The new game )
But still waiting for uta3 anime
PupNacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 00:26   Link #686
Chaosaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Yakutowaruto had 2 sworn older brothers. The second brother Yamumakiri is now the leader of Retarumoshiri.
I thought Yamumakiri was killed/died
Chaosaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 06:53   Link #687
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosaga View Post
I thought Yamumakiri was killed/died
Nope. When he put up the duel with Yakutowaroto, he warrant to keep people of other families from disturbing Yakutowaruto and Shinonon anymore. But that means Yakutowaruto have to win the duel without killing him. Yakutowaruto managed to win while taking a cut, while Yamumakiri is taking the hair of Yakutowaruto and Shinonon back as a proof to claim he had won.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 12:55   Link #688
Chaosaga

Does anyone know about what Gundoura's was?
Old 2017-01-18, 09:01   Link #689
SidVicious
Anime addict

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception for PS4 and PS Vita coming west this spring, Mask of Truth this fall

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/utawareru...ask-truth-fall
Old 2017-01-18, 12:14   Link #690
PupNacke

Great news

Anything about the 3rd Anime?
Old 2017-01-18, 14:19   Link #691
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Nope. But I doubt there will be one.
Old 2017-01-18, 15:16   Link #692
kazenadama
Nyoron

Mask of Truth is such a random name for Futari no Hakuoro... but I'm glad they announced both games at once. It would be cruel to leave the West on that cliffhanger forever.
kazenadama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 16:01   Link #693
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Yeah, I get why they changed the title but Truth really isn't a major theme in Utaware 3 at all so it feels like they just picked the opposite of Deception.
Old 2017-01-19, 03:25   Link #694
dracorax

They won't release it on PS3, now I feel sad.

Last edited by dracorax; 2017-01-19 at 09:53.
dracorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 04:33   Link #695
Sacredus

And we already know that games will be censored: https://twitter.com/CensoredGaming_/...98093910228992

From same news at Gematsu that was already posted
Quote:
A brief note on content: While Atlus is committed to bringing over games that are as true to their original forms as possible, in the case of Mask of Deception, a scene had to have a small content edit to comply with various regional regulations about the depiction of physical discipline to minors. We worked with Aquaplus to keep the scope of the editing to an absolute minimum, and we both agree the change made to the scene in the game still conveys its full meaning without running into issues.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-19, 12:30   Link #696
PupNacke

Hmmm... Hope someone shows us then the differences in the versions here, so everyone who couldnt play the original one knows what they f***ed up
Old 2017-01-19, 19:31   Link #697
kazenadama
Nyoron

Calm down. From what they state, it's pretty obvious it's most likely just the scene with
Spoiler for spoilers:
They might just edit the CG to cover her butt, since showing any nudity whatsoever with minors is a huge no-go in ESRB and PEGI, no matter the rating. There's also lately been many issues with physically disciplining children, so I can see why this wouldn't fly. It only happens like once or twice in the game.
kazenadama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-10, 03:24   Link #698
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i can live without a child spanking scene, im just so glad they are bringing this game out!! been waiting for ages i almost gave up hope
Old 2017-04-29, 01:16   Link #699
Chaosaga

they changed Yakutowaruto name to jachdwalt
Old 2017-04-29, 03:33   Link #700
PupNacke

Where did you read this?

Tags
harem done right, lazy_mc, visualnovel