AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-12, 23:36   Link #541
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Right now, Air is one anime that comes to mind - but it did have beautiful animation and music, and the story concept COULD have been interesting - but the females were such flat obvious ero-game cardboard cutouts, URG...when I'm watching an anime based on an ero-game, I shouldn't be aware of the fact, especially considering I didn't know Air was an ero-game until I was well into the series. But again I'm a female who hates harem animes, so it's probably personal choice and the fact that when someone told me it was such a romantic anime, I was so let down. Air could have been great if it wasn't just catering to male fantasy...or whatever ero games cater to. I did like Kanon a bit better though - it was like a breath of fresh "air"...yuck yuck yuck...

Sorry for the bad pun. Other than Air, maybe Petopeto-san - I couldn't make it past ep one for Peto. And a series called Oku-sama wa joushi kousei...I think that's right? It sucked. But then again, those probably aren't targeted at my demographic.
Old 2007-04-13, 01:56   Link #542
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Every time some one calls Air and Kanon "a simple ero game" a demon emerges from the depths of twisting nether and kills a puppy. Please... think about the poor puppies
Old 2007-04-13, 04:31   Link #543
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Well, for me

Ninja Resurrection - EWW

Ninja Scroll the series - SO underwhelming, so weak compared to the OVA in th 90's.

GUndam Seed and Destiny - Seed isn't bad but every time a battle scene comes up its the same old thing over and over again from about episode 5 to the end. My local library has the set I felt like chucking my laptop out the window in frustration. Damn shame. As for destiny, well how many recap episodes do you need? And also suffers from excessive scene reuse. As well as the plot.

Blood the last vampire: It's a 1 hour trailer no plot, lots of pretty scenery and random action. Everyone tells me to try Blood+ out but after that no way.

Agent Aika: panties, that's about it. (yes I know aika is my avatar, it's the last thing I watched) And despite being in one of the crappier animes I've seen, she's still some good eye candy

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2007-04-13 at 10:08.
Old 2007-04-13, 06:18   Link #544
Bloodseeker

Serial Experiments Lain

One of the most potent sedatives that I've ever seen on television. Okay, so it never actually put me to sleep, but if I were prone to falling asleep while watching television, this show would have done it. A dialogue driven show NEEDS characters that you can give a damn about to be entertaining/interesting, and this show just didn't have them.

Ikkitousen (first season)

I don't think many people are going to argue the quality of this show's fanservice, but fanservice does not a good show make. The plot was dull, the fights were absolutely terrible (a serious negative for a martial arts anime), and most of the characters were meh. Hakufu was really likable and sometimes pretty funny (one of my favorite anime girls), and Ton and Ryofu were moderately likable, but other than that, bleh.

The second season's much better though. The fights still aren't anything really stand out, but they're not bad anymore (much less so terrible that you'll notice how cheap they are even if you aren't paying attention), the plot's more interesting, and they introduce a few pretty likable new characters along with making some of the old ones more likable than before. Season two's only big flaw is that like half of the episodes don't have Hakufu at all. But they mainly focus on Kan-u, Chouhi, and Ryuubi when they're not focusing on the Nanyo group, and they're pretty likable, so I don't miss Hakufu as much as I could.

Victory Gundam

I have to complain about the writing in this show. Namely, the fact that they kill off almost every likable character that shows up within like two episodes of introducing them/turning them into something more than background characters that fight and nothing else. I don't care if cool people die in real war, Gundam Victory is fiction, intended to entertain the viewer, and killing off all of your likable characters as they're introduced is terrible writing.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2007-04-13 at 07:51.
Old 2007-04-13, 07:23   Link #545
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人

Send a message via MSN to harukamae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Every time some one calls Air and Kanon "a simple ero game" a demon emerges from the depths of twisting nether and kills a puppy. Please... think about the poor puppies
LOL I'll try and have more compassion for my kanine companions next time! ^^ So it's not a simple ero game, it's got a decent story(that could have been a great one), but it still screams harem/ero game to me, eventhough I didn't know for sure Air was based on one til like ep 10, when I looked on Wikipedia.

It's just my opinion, and more because I was disappointed that I didn't get what I was expecting - a good (non-harem) romance anime (or one that fits my standards).

I know there's a LOT of Key fans on this forum, and I'm not trying to offend anyone, it's just my opinion.
Old 2007-04-13, 07:34   Link #546
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Most of the recent romance animes are based on these games... that alone doesn't make them bad, and more often than not these games have a very interesting story going on. Ever wondered why they release all-ages version for them? Because they have a lot more to offer than the "prize" at the end.

As far as Kanon goes a load of people actually complain that the H scenes just felt "tacked on" at some moments, without feeling natural ... just to please the hardcore H game fans and to make it more marketable.

Have you seen...say... Lamune? Which is as slow paced and heart-warming as romance animes come. That comes from a H game as well.

Heck, in Air there was hardly any romance at all, and none of the girls were fawning over the male lead...so i kinda don't see where you are coming from. Unless you are simply so offended/dissatisfied with the original source material that you carry on that hate to the anime
Old 2007-04-14, 12:09   Link #547
shinn_asagiri
HEY MAN!!!

almost 4got 2 add:
  1. Soul Link (I can only commend the CD but it had no plot whatsoever)
  2. Lovely Idol (I stopped at episode 6)
  3. Shuffle! Memories (Only Ep.12 deserves a "good" rating for fanserv)
Old 2007-04-14, 13:11   Link #548
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Seeing lot many posts I have to say Soul Link leads the roost and it was one of my choices too : D
Old 2007-04-15, 18:29   Link #549
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver
and Scrap Princess because the ending betrayed me and the whole episode was useless plots and running around like fools.
First NHK and now this :O... Seems you have allergy for good-written storylines and character development...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-04-15, 22:24   Link #550
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Seeing lot many posts I have to say Soul Link leads the roost and it was one of my choices too : D
Please do not associate Soul Link with roosts, chicken coops or hen houses. Thank you. Even poultry deserves better.

I'm not sure that I would consider Soul Link the absolute worst (though definitely have no problem with other people putting it there). To me, Soul Link was still so bad it was funny. I watched every episode and laughed at it whenever it was trying to be serious (actually, now that I think about that, I think I do that during every ero-game that gets made into an anime).

There are animes, however, that pass that boundary and stop being so bad that they're funny and just become so bad that they're painful. Okusama wa Joshi Kosei comes to mind - one of like three series that I don't think I ever got around to finishing. And I watch like forty or so hours of anime a week (well, watch, listen to while I work, whatever). I've rewatched Kage Kara Mamoru twice. I've seen Pani Poni Dash a number of times greater than ten but less than two dozen. I occasionally quote lines from Genshiken, Kino no Tabi and Mushishi without thinking about it. I think I even watched Shuffle and Canvas 2 twice each. And I still can't get up the excitement to finish Okusama wa Joshi Kosei.

What does _that_ tell you?

Though I think shinn_asagiri must be a saint. I only managed one episode of Lovely Idol.
Spoiler for What I heard about it, no idea if it's true:
But what do I know? My taste is crap anyway.

Last edited by rooboy; 2007-04-16 at 09:30.
Old 2007-04-15, 22:58   Link #551
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Dude its subjective IMO it sucks and I am not talking about OVAs . Deal with it , If you do still have complaints do take a count how many time its mentioned in this thread

Stop enforcing your opnion on others Thank You : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
Please do not associate Soul Link with roosts, chicken coops or hen houses. Thank you.
Erm Rules the Roost is a phrase nothing to do with poultry .
Old 2007-04-15, 23:56   Link #552
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
Candidate for Goddess was horrible and is one of the very few that I watched that I didn't like. I heard that Elfen Lied was really good, so I checked it out, but that wasn't my thing at all either.
Old 2007-04-16, 00:18   Link #553
kanameXzero

the worst anime that i've seen is probably macross plus...
man!i hated that movie or ova whatever it is!!
i was forced to watch that because of our class film viewing for science, technology and society..
i really hated it..
major boredom..i almost fell asleep..
i didn't enjoy it that much..the drawings were not that good..
and i think that girl there is quite stupid..
Old 2007-04-16, 04:22   Link #554
Lost

Sci-Fi HARRY. I was unfortunate enough to have to watch it for work. At the end of it, you realised it was just trying to copy a B-class American Cop Flick. And it failed, even at that - lousy, unbelievably clichéd scenes and leads - as well as not so subtle plot leadings and corny dialogue. The main character has to be the most irritating (in a bad way) protagonist I've ever seen - a spineless boy with no sense of his own that was misused at every turn (exactly because he was spineless) and who did not show the slightest development; he was followed on by a bunch of other unbelievable cardboards. Not to mention boring animation and even lousier character designs (the "heroine" looked like Jackie Chan).

Last edited by Lost; 2007-04-16 at 09:17.
Old 2007-04-16, 08:28   Link #555
A_AQUARE

comic party, soul link , i agree but have anyone seen diversa misaki!!!
Old 2007-04-16, 12:55   Link #556
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Erm Rules the Roost is a phrase nothing to do with poultry .
Actually "rules the roost" is an cultural phrase that *directly* derives from chickens, chicken coops, and poultry
Rooboy was simply humorously requesting you stop offending the poultry faction by associating it with the horror that is Soul Link
(kind of like calling someone "ferret-face" is insulting to happy funloving ferrets everywhere).

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-04-16 at 16:38.
Old 2007-04-16, 13:34   Link #557
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
(kind of like calling someone "ferret-face" is insulting to happy funloving ferrets everywhere).
Ferrets are evil creatures. Sure they look cute and playful, but that's until they escape from their cage, climb up inside a pull out sofa, then bite you repeatedly as you're trying to stop them from being caught in the thing.

Anyway, I still don't see why people are saying soul link is the worst anime. I mean sure it was bad, but it was bad in the same way as all those movies on MST3K. Cosprayers on the other hand is reportedly used to extract confessions from suspected terrorists who resist waterboarding.
Old 2007-04-16, 13:50   Link #558
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Anyway, I still don't see why people are saying soul link is the worst anime. I mean sure it was bad, but it was bad in the same way as all those movies on MST3K. Cosprayers on the other hand is reportedly used to extract confessions from suspected terrorists who resist waterboarding.
That's kind of what I was thinking. It was definitely bad - there's no question about it. I'm sorry if I offended you Geta Boushi, like I said, I have little problem with someone saying that Soul Link is the worst anime ever. In all likelihood it means their taste is better than mine so they simply don't watch some of the true, *cough*, gems out there.

I had completely erased Cosprayers from my mind until you just brought it up. Cosplay Complex (yes, it's a different show) is bad in the so-bad-it's-funny way, so I thought Cosprayers would be roughly similar. Man was I in for a surprise.

Now I want to change my vote to Cosprayers.
Old 2007-04-16, 14:25   Link #559
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post

Victory Gundam

I have to complain about the writing in this show. Namely, the fact that they kill off almost every likable character that shows up within like two episodes of introducing them/turning them into something more than background characters that fight and nothing else. I don't care if cool people die in real war, Gundam Victory is fiction, intended to entertain the viewer, and killing off all of your likable characters as they're introduced is terrible writing.
I assume this is a bout Oi Nyung Hakushaku and the Tiger of Space Godwald as well as the Shrike Team. A lot of good people do die, but some of them make it further than others. Tomino was also a horrible sadist back then. Even now people good people still die routinely in his series such as Overman King Gainer.
Old 2007-04-16, 16:23   Link #560
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Rooboy my first post wasn’t aimed at you if I have been defensive or rude I do sincerly apologize. I don’t think Soul link is the worst but on of the worst animes ever made. When you do talk about the worst some magic girl animes win hands down

Let me explain why I don’t think highly of Soul Link. It was one of the shows which has a lot of hype and hoopla surrounding it. Reading the reviews I was taken in by the myth. When I did watch the show it was contrasting from what I had pictured. If you do have high hopes regarding something and when they do get shattered was the reason. That’s the major reason why I don’t like that anime. If I had seen the anime minus the hype It would have been a different story

Also let me state once again I am not talking about OVAs