AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-03-29, 12:34   Link #81
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazkoom View Post
2- Luffy will give Big Mom the copy of the poneglyph in Zou in exchange of sanji. This will make Big Mom having an upper hand which will enrage Kaidou.

Thanks
That could actually work, gets Sanji back without a big fight, and makes 2 of the Yonkou fight each other giving Strawhats time to power up before confrontation.
Though i hope when Strawhats start taking out the emperors, it won't be due to them being weakened (though getting rid of their fleets is just fair, 1 on 1 fights pls).

I want to see luffy go against a full powered Yonkou and win.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 18:54   Link #82
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazkoom View Post
I see it quite strange that nobody has seen the forthcoming Big Mom VS Kaidou!

I've brought up the idea of a potential war between Kaidou and Big Mom multiple times throughout multiple threads, but it doesn't seem to be a popular theory, I guess. It's a plan that would make a lot of sense though, since it would save Luffy and co. a lot of trouble if two of their most powerful enemies focused their sights against each rather than our heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
I want to see luffy go against a full powered Yonkou and win.
As much as I'd love to see Luffy go one on one against Big Mom/Kaidou at their best, I can't really see that happening at this point. I mean, just look how much he struggled against Doflamingo at Dressrosa. I feel that, much like that battle, it's going to take the help of all his friends and allies to topple such mighty enemies. Blackbeard I'd consider another story, but I don't see a final showdown between those two occurring until near the end of the series.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 19:08   Link #83
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Luffy vs Yonkou 1 on 1 is a must. Otherwise he can't prove why should stand above them as Pirate King.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 22:17   Link #84
itachi-san314

Since this arc(s) is going to be about all 4 Emperors apparently, it'll be interesting to see where Shanks fits in all of this. If he has a rematch with Blackbeard, it will probably end up with him dying. We might get Kaidou vs Big Mom and Blackbeard vs Shanks. That would leave 2 openings for Emperors Luffy and Kidd
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 04:32   Link #85
imza

I can’t imagine this 4 way fight or anything in the near future would be the time we see Shanks get defeated or die. I imagine Oda would spend more time on Luffy finally seeing him again and maybe even testing each other in a fight (as well as the crews).
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 08:25   Link #86
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As much as I'd love to see Luffy go one on one against Big Mom/Kaidou at their best, I can't really see that happening at this point. I mean, just look how much he struggled against Doflamingo at Dressrosa. I feel that, much like that battle, it's going to take the help of all his friends and allies to topple such mighty enemies. Blackbeard I'd consider another story, but I don't see a final showdown between those two occurring until near the end of the series.....
Well duh...
I did mention taking time to power up.
But before all is said and done, Luffy needs to take down a Yonkou, or someone who took down a Yonkou, in one on one, no holds barred, no bullshit debuffs fight.
Or he will not be able to call himself a true Pirate King.

Remember Mihawk? He used to fight Shanks for fun, when Shanks had his both arms.
And that's the guy Zoro wants to beat, Luffy needs to get above the level of Shanks pre handicap.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 11:16   Link #87
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Well duh...
I did mention taking time to power up.
But before all is said and done, Luffy needs to take down a Yonkou, or someone who took down a Yonkou, in one on one, no holds barred, no bullshit debuffs fight.
Or he will not be able to call himself a true Pirate King.

Remember Mihawk? He used to fight Shanks for fun, when Shanks had his both arms.
And that's the guy Zoro wants to beat, Luffy needs to get above the level of Shanks pre handicap.
Luffy already has this in the bag with his reservation with Blackbeard. That means that for the time being and the not too distant future, Luffy doesn't necessarily have to defeat the other emperors legitimately (as in by himself). Throughout this time, he'll be powering up all while forming alliances and using his support networks. I don't see a problem with this approach should Oda take it.
Old 2016-03-30, 11:34   Link #88
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Luffy already has this in the bag with his reservation with Blackbeard. That means that for the time being and the not too distant future, Luffy doesn't necessarily have to defeat the other emperors legitimately (as in by himself). Throughout this time, he'll be powering up all while forming alliances and using his support networks. I don't see a problem with this approach should Oda take it.
To much of a cop out. Luffy needs to fight them all, the current 4 Emperors. It's just one of the many steps to becoming the Pirate King.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2016-03-30, 12:02   Link #89
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
To much of a cop out. Luffy needs to fight them all, the current 4 Emperors. It's just one of the many steps to becoming the Pirate King.
I'm talking about defeating legitimately, not just fighting. It's not a cop out. Things aren't going to go so straight forward like that. I remember back in the day when the fandom thought Luffy was going to defeat all the shichibukai. We all know how that turned out.

The emperors are merely obstacles in Luffy's ascension to pirate king status. When Luffy beats Blackbeard, that will automatically establish his superiority over the other emperors.
Old 2016-03-30, 12:29   Link #90
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm talking about defeating legitimately, not just fighting. It's not a cop out. Things aren't going to go so straight forward like that. I remember back in the day when the fandom thought Luffy was going to defeat all the shichibukai. We all know how that turned out.

The emperors are merely obstacles in Luffy's ascension to pirate king status. When Luffy beats Blackbeard, that will automatically establish his superiority over the other emperors.
Not sure what will happen but it would be lame if on BB is fought on even grounds. The other emperors are such interesting characters, I’d be more happy if the first is a group effort or some sort of handicap, followed by beating an emperor but almost getting killed in the process and eventually leading to the final showdown with BB.
Old 2016-03-30, 12:36   Link #91
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
So I have three questions for you all.

1. Do you think all of the current Emperors will eventually fall during Luffy's adventure?
2. In what order do you think they will fall?
3. Who will defeat them? Which character or which group of characters?
Old 2016-03-30, 13:08   Link #92
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
So I have three questions for you all.

1. Do you think all of the current Emperors will eventually fall during Luffy's adventure?
2. In what order do you think they will fall?
3. Who will defeat them? Which character or which group of characters?
1. Yes but by fall, I wouldn’t expect them to die or go away. I’d imagine they would be weakened, maybe arrested.

2. Kaido, Big Mom, Shanks, and BB

3. The following:
Kaido- Luff & Law Combo
Big Mom- Luffy
Shanks- BB
BB- Luffy

Also, even though they are not emperors, I’d imagine BB will take out Dragon and Zoro will take out Mihawk (duh). I’d love for Zoro to take out an emperor like Big Mom but I don’t think it will happen, even if he is strong enough to do it.
Old 2016-03-30, 15:17   Link #93
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Fuck Zoro, Mihawk is his final goal, stick with strong swordsman and he gets his dream, the end for him.

Old 2016-03-30, 19:34   Link #94
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I don't think Luffy want to defeat Shanks unless he challenge Luffy himself due to the promise for the Straw Hats.

Zoro has yet encounter Vista so the duel between Zoro and Vista (Captain 5th Division) will be more likely another measure to know Zoro's potential since Vista already fight Mihawk once. Mihawk avoid fighting Zoro on Shikkearu because he want Zoro to defeat his "mirror" which was King of Baboon and want to fight Zoro later once he was ready to defeat Mihawk.

I was expected either before showdown against Kaido or BB some of Shirohige pirates are appeared to aid Luffy.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shonen jump