AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-24, 16:14   Link #4221
Miraluka
Banned

By accident? You used cult there as plural and... How can your finger fail so hard?

=____=;

Note: I'm Kanzaki and Itsuwa fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

I've guessed a lot of things about Crowley, his magic name wasn't one of them

Silver Star?.
The other one when you were talking about Thelema after vol.22
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 16:42   Link #4222
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
I'm not hostile, I'm mocking. I don't know if you have noticed, but your comments tend to be insulting/degrading to other posters, not one in particular, but always a huge chunk. It's always "ah, most of the fanbase are like this" (with a bit of implied "but me, of course, I'm more mature"), when, in fact, most of the times, it's just you strawmanning. Look, just here, "Othinus cult", what's your angle there?

You don't even try to understand why people might have this point of view, you just construct people into fickle and vain fans changing favorite girls as seasons pass, when it's not even true. All the rage for Misaki happened when she began taking center stage and, from my observations, it hasn't suddenly ceased when Othinus gained popularity, like you imply.

And lol, trying to strawman me as well, when I have stated numerous times, that, aytime Touma spends time with any of the girls (who have a crush on him), they are just darn right adorable. I don't care about shipping, most of the times I am joking about the romantic happenings, but guess you can't distinguish between what is being said and your preconceptions.

Oh, and don't you dare try to pass yourself as a "reasonable" debater, you aren't.

Edit: didn't see the posts asking to stop before posting, sorry guys.
So is mocking my point of view really so mature?

The only reason my post come off like that is because I don't use the smileys, I do try to understand others post but can't becuase I don't see it the same way.

I don't see why Othinus is the OTP just because she understands Touma (other also understand him so they must also be OTP), they spent kamacji knows how much time together (yes, with Othinus trying to and actually succeeding in doing so over and over again, great way to start a relationship), because Touma is making sex jokes (so when I joke about sex with my female friends it means I'm in love with them? Didn't know), because he fought the world to help her (yes because he wouldn't have done that for anyone else, right? Clearly the part where he doesn't want the world to kill someone on unfair principles was all made up), because he hugged her (to get a stake out of her), because she had a lovey-dovey face (because other girl haven't before, right?).

You want me to try and understand but when all I'm getting is hostility for stating my opinions, non logical reasons as to why OTP or anything else for that matter (be it story elements or future speculations), hoe do you want me to fully understand you? No one fully understands the other, the best you can do is try to discuss it, which some (not naming anyone by the way) d don't even try. I just want you to give me a logical reason as to why? That is all.if you don't explaim yourself I won't understand you and that can't happen if you are mocking and misinterpreting what I say.

I believe the people in this thread are smart (smarter than me actually) and I respect them for that but when all you get is mocking, name calling (Mikoto-cult, fanboy, troll, etc. I just did it so I'm also to blame), misunderstandings and overreactions it's difficult to keep thinking that.

By the way this wasn't writing in a mad frenzy, I'm calm and try to make a point. It's sad that I have to point this out.

@miraluka

I'm posting from my smartphone, so sometimes inputs don't register my big fingers in the small screen and have to retry and sometimes touch the wrong part.

I'm a fan of every girl they are all awesome, I just like three more than others

Mikoto, Itsuwa and Kanzaki.
Old 2014-05-24, 16:42   Link #4223
LazyHunter

For future reference and to avoid problems I'll note that I don't care for shipping or waifu wars, especially in series like Index where romance isn't the main focus anyway. Any ships I have are usually for the lulz.

By the way I'm currently shipping Touma/Kuroyoru (liked their short interactions in previous volumes) and Touma/Thor (considered in NT5 - 6; cemented in this one).

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2014-05-24 at 17:48.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 16:47   Link #4224
Miraluka
Banned

When it comes to shipping I think sometimes Kamachi is Abnormal-kei Joshi's real author
Old 2014-05-24, 17:06   Link #4225
Chosen_Hero

Please, the nekomimi girl from NT.2 is the real dark horse of the series.

Kamachi just give me an arc with Touma, Touya and Mikoto's father teaming up (that's the A team right, there, hell add Hamazura, so we have a group of "normal" people working together this time), show the Amakusas (I'm seriously worried for Tatemiya) and bring back Tsuchimikado and GROUP in some sort of way into the Kamijou faction (we already have ITEM, so you know gotta cath'em all).
Old 2014-05-24, 17:24   Link #4226
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So is mocking my point of view really so mature?.
1. I never pretended to be more mature than I actually am. But now I know that snark and sarcasm are not a sign of maturity, good to know. All those authors of famous satires were probably immature children as well.
2. Mocking strawmen =/= mocking opinion. Style over substance and all that. There are ways to have an opinion without insulting people.

Words have power. Unless people are being deliberately malicious, always assume you expressed yourself poorly, and got misunderstood if people misinterpret your opinion. From what you wrotr, it's not that you don't understand why people like Othinus, is that you don't agree with it (which is fine, btw), huge difference.

But even if you did truly not understand, you still made up what you thought was the cause, aka "people are following the most recent trend, and will do it again", which is not really excusable. There is a difference between saying "I don't get why Obama is popular, with such policies on this and that" and "Ha, he is only popular because he is black!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
When it comes to shipping I think sometimes Kamachi is Abnormal-kei Joshi's real author
What about this manga I never read makes you do the comparision?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 17:26   Link #4227
LevelSeven

Quote:
I know but he is becoming a nuisance who doesn't properly reads other posts, at least Level7's lulz brings some fun and doesn't loses the thread of the topic.

but thanks(?)

if i can say something: i think touma will not end in a relationship, not now and not in the end of the story....

I think, either for plots sake or for comedy purposes, will be the only way in which we see pairings and/or love relationships (takitsubo x shiage or ollerus x silvia)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 17:35   Link #4228
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Now this is interesting Novel! Touma with new girl vs the world!
Where have I heard that quote before...Oh yes know I remember. It reminds me like Shadow where he says "if the world chooses to become my enemy, then I will fight like always have."
Old 2014-05-24, 17:47   Link #4229
LazyHunter

Quote:
Please, the nekomimi girl from NT.2 is the real dark horse of the series.
Obviously she was Bastet, magic god and member of true Gremlin. The black cat watching Touma's fight with Othinus was her spy.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 17:55   Link #4230
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

On that note, what the heck was up with that black cat?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 17:57   Link #4231
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
On that note, what the heck was up with that black cat?
I thought it was dog at first. It could be a new character or it's just a Red Herring.
Dniv and I think some other's think it's a Cait-Sith.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 18:04   Link #4232
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
For future reference and to avoid problems I'll note that I don't care for shipping or waifu wars, especially in series like Index where romance isn't the main focus anyway. Any ships I have are usually for the lulz.

By the way I'm currently shipping Touma/Kuroyoru (liked their short interactions in previous volumes) and Touma/Thor (considered in NT5 - 6; cemented in this one).
Any ship is fine as long as it's hilarious. Touma/Mikoto, Touma/Index, Touma/Othi, Touma/Kanzaki, Touma/Itsuwa, Touma/Kuroyoru, Touma/Lessar, Touma/Maria, Touma/Mugino, Touma/Thor, Touma/Accel (with all due respect to LevelSeven), Touma/Misaki, etc. heck even Touma/Mjolnir. Anything is within my area of acceptance!

though I personally liked Touma/Birdway *runs away*
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 18:11   Link #4233
FlyingCow65

Quote:
Obviously she was Bastet, magic god and member of true Gremlin. The black cat watching Touma's fight with Othinus was her spy.
I can see her going to his class saying "Hey Kamijou-chan, just coming here to give you a message from the gods, we have great plans for you so don´t die while saving many girls okay~"

And Othinus going ballistic at this
FlyingCow65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 18:30   Link #4234
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
1. I never pretended to be more mature than I actually am. But now I know that snark and sarcasm are not a sign of maturity, good to know. All those authors of famous satires were probably immature children as well.
2. Mocking strawmen =/= mocking opinion. Style over substance and all that. There are ways to have an opinion without insulting people.

Words have power. Unless people are being deliberately malicious, always assume you expressed yourself poorly, and got misunderstood if people misinterpret your opinion. From what you wrotr, it's not that you don't understand why people like Othinus, is that you don't agree with it (which is fine, btw), huge difference.

But even if you did truly not understand, you still made up what you thought was the cause, aka "people are following the most recent trend, and will do it again", which is not really excusable. There is a difference between saying "I don't get why Obama is popular, with such policies on this and that" and "Ha, he is only popular because he is black!"

What about this manga I never read makes you do the comparision?
But because I don't understand why they say that, is why I don't agree with it, I think it's fine to like whatever you want, but I would like to have someone explain to me why, with proof as to why so I can understand better, but if I can find something to counter it of course I won't agree with it, that's part of a having a discussion and besides it's not like I'm going to agree even when told why, but I can accept it with better understanding. Of course I will always have something that will challenge it, that's a discussion, if we were to agree all the time with everything then it would be boring.

But considering how and what has happened in the past with the fanbase it's foolish to not think that "some" not "all" are going to be doing it to follow a trend (I should have explained and expressed this in a better way)

About Obama... well, you can't say there weren't people who voted for him only on that principle, not everyone is gung ho about politics and some just do it to do it, which is sad.

Also please take into account that English is my second native language but until recently didn't use it much, so my writing style might still be a little weird and may come off in a different way than intended.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I thought it was dog at first. It could be a new character or it's just a Red Herring.
Dniv and I think some other's think it's a Cait-Sith.
Or maybe it was Dog.

In all seriousness it's difficult to pinpoint who it wad since there are a lot of religions that have some kind of deity or description if cats, we may have to start making a list for possible suspects.
Old 2014-05-24, 18:32   Link #4235
Miraluka
Banned

We all know Dog can survive lightings, thunders and even Cocytus Replica.
Old 2014-05-24, 18:41   Link #4236
bakato

Quote:
Of course. It all makes sense now. What cat?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 18:47   Link #4237
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
We all know Dog can survive lightings, thunders and even Cocytus Replica.
What about the biggest hint we have?

Dog - God... Half-Life 3 and The Last Guardian confirmed.
Old 2014-05-24, 21:03   Link #4238
dragon1412

Quote:
But because I don't understand why they say that, is why I don't agree with it, I think it's fine to like whatever you want, but I would like to have someone explain to me why, with proof as to why so I can understand better, but if I can find something to counter it of course I won't agree with it, that's part of a having a discussion and besides it's not like I'm going to agree even when told why, but I can accept it with better understanding. Of course I will always have something that will challenge it, that's a discussion, if we were to agree all the time with everything then it would be boring.

But considering how and what has happened in the past with the fanbase it's foolish to not think that "some" not "all" are going to be doing it to follow a trend (I should have explained and expressed this in a better way)

About Obama... well, you can't say there weren't people who voted for him only on that principle, not everyone is gung ho about politics and some just do it to do it, which is sad.

Also please take into account that English is my second native language but until recently didn't use it much, so my writing style might still be a little weird and may come off in a different way than intended.
Okay this is some serious problem here, you don't understand that's why you don't agree is somethings really problematics, you have a self centered problem( no i'm not offensive towards you, i'm a psychologist and this is actually quite common problem) Let's say you don't understand how how theory of energy conversion work, does that mean you believe that energy conversion don't exist??? you don't understand how western or eastern philosophy work, does that mean they are wrong ??? you might say that this is your expression but your word carry the hint about yourself and this isn't the 1st time you did this.

Similar to lv7, albeit less extreme and more self control, you have the habit of twisting the meaning to make them in your favor. in the novel Kamachi has stated that Othinus and Touma understanding is not an one-way ticket, and he also said that it is only natural that Nikoto don't understand him, but you still come right off with Mikoto being the girl understand him the most. You said you want evidence but when people give out, you denies them in favor of your arguments, you never actually present a solid point or quote to refute that. You assumed you are the one in position to have people explain to you, not the other way around. So you don't understand, okay, then stop poking into where people are talking about something you don't understand even with their explanation, you keep "challenge" them for what ??? keeping the debate going ??? anyone ask you to do that ???

Last thing, challenge is fine and all but your post cross the border of provocative, let's say that the way you put it can easily make people feel offended, i do the last time i have a debate with you back in during the translation still ongoing and i remember i once post that you should avoid to provoke people before.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 21:10   Link #4239
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
Any ship is fine as long as it's hilarious. Touma/Mikoto, Touma/Index, Touma/Othi, Touma/Kanzaki, Touma/Itsuwa, Touma/Kuroyoru, Touma/Lessar, Touma/Maria, Touma/Mugino, Touma/Thor, Touma/Accel (with all due respect to LevelSeven), Touma/Misaki, etc. heck even Touma/Mjolnir. Anything is within my area of acceptance!

Touma/Kuroko ftw...
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 21:30   Link #4240
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post

Aogami, is that you!?

Tags
boss rush, denmark