AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-08-10, 22:33   Link #21
Juvyniled

I think it's rather opposite for Suzaku's case: fighting against Britannia would be much easier since there would be no holds barred, or less restraint for him. If he had turned to the side of the rebels, he'd likely have fallen into the JLF category and held bystanders hostage to promote his cause. But on the Britannian side... he is not going to hunt down innocent Elevens to stop the rebels. The motivation behind his plan, however, is weak because he doesn't know the empire of Britannia all too well. That is pure naivete.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 01:15   Link #22
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I don't think its a matter of which side would be easier for Suzaku. Rather he HAS to join britiannia if only to mentally justify what he did in the past, while seeking death and redemption.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 01:24   Link #23
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Send a message via AIM to HunterRequiem
My point. If he was stronger, perhaps he could put his father's death aside and fight for his country.
HunterRequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 04:38   Link #24
Yui-
anime-addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post

The second I hate that stupid lesbian Nana, she pissed me off so much I wanted to shoot her with a gun myself. She keep calling Japanese Eleven she pissed me off every time she said that. She kept looking down on Japanese like a person looking at a garbage or something. I hope they kill her right away in the next season.
I agree, Nina's actions came to me as a surprise. Since she appears to be very intelligent I would never have believed her to be so vulgar. I mean, she really should know better, shouldn't she? I say that under that cowardly, shy facade she is really a brutal piece of s**t...
Yui- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 06:39   Link #25
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterRequiem View Post
My point. If he was stronger, perhaps he could put his father's death aside and fight for his country.
Problem is, he killed his father. If he were able to just put it aside would make him more of a hypocrite. The moment he starts fighting against Britannia, he admits that his father was correct and that he killed him for no reason... making most of his life up to that point... pointless.

Last edited by Var; 2007-08-11 at 08:14.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 07:57   Link #26
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Actually, I don't think it would make him more of a hypocrite. It would probably be a sign that his mental health is recovering. But alas, I don't think he'll ever be able to put it aside -_-

Old 2007-08-11, 08:10   Link #27
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Actually, I don't think it would make him more of a hypocrite. It would probably be a sign that his mental health is recovering. But alas, I don't think he'll ever be able to put it aside -_-
You are probably right. Now that I think about it, if he were able to come to put it behind him he might actually become more sane and less of a hypocrite.
Old 2007-08-11, 18:49   Link #28
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui- View Post
I agree, Nina's actions came to me as a surprise. Since she appears to be very intelligent I would never have believed her to be so vulgar. I mean, she really should know better, shouldn't she? I say that under that cowardly, shy facade she is really a brutal piece of s**t...
You have to remember, Nina seems to have been put through some sort of extremely traumatic experience involving numbers. Milly mentions this on the train in the hotel-jacking episode. Also, you can only imagine the propaganda put out by the britanian government against numbers.
Old 2007-08-12, 01:13   Link #29
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I'm not sure anything that Sunrise does could redeem Nina in the eyes of fans. I think she's almost universally hated by people who watch Code Geass.

Old 2007-08-12, 02:28   Link #30
HunterRequiem
Resident cynic

Certainly, I don't particularly like her character, I'm just mounting the small amount of defense afforded to her by the writers The least we can do is consider all the evidence. Heck, Ill even throw in my own opinion. She should have stayed with her computer simulations and not bothered with romance at all.
Old 2007-08-12, 19:11   Link #31
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Eh. Nina was alright. I didn't hate her. But I suspect you were supposed to not be on the side of Britiannia but I was. So maybe that's why I don't hate her.

I do however hate Kallen/Karen. I cannot stand her. I think she's overrated and was a peice of eyecandy. She did do alot and was crucial to the plot in some ways but those spots could have been filled without her. I know somebody is going to try and have me hunted down for that little comment but I just don't like her.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 21:24   Link #32
Juvyniled

I wouldn't really describe her character as overrated since she was really the champion of the Knights prior to them acquiring the Gawain. But she really is just a piece of eyecandy. Imagine replacing her with an average looking girl with the same determination, same zeal, etc. and there wouldn't that much of a hype over her.

But for Kallen's character, there's really nothing left in terms of complexity. She will no longer cast any doubts about her position relative to what Suzaku is doing (having second thoughts since the Elevens showed signs of admiration), though there may be a potential conflict (of ideals) between her and Lelouch.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 22:22   Link #33
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I always enjoyed Kallen's character not just because of eye candy, but because while Lelouch was the brains Kallen was the muscle. Complete opposites even down to their reasons for fighting. Lelouch is avenging his mother while fighting to create a world for his sister. Kallen is fighting to avenge her brother while creating a safe world for her mother.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 22:42   Link #34
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
Eh. Nina was alright. I didn't hate her. But I suspect you were supposed to not be on the side of Britiannia but I was. So maybe that's why I don't hate her.

I do however hate Kallen/Karen. I cannot stand her. I think she's overrated and was a peice of eyecandy. She did do alot and was crucial to the plot in some ways but those spots could have been filled without her. I know somebody is going to try and have me hunted down for that little comment but I just don't like her.
I really hated Nina she had almost zero purpose in the story I don't even get why they made her, and well I really don't like Britannia (especailly those damn royal family, yes even Euphie annyoed me) I guess that kinda increased my hate towards to Nina more. Now for Karen I actually liked her as Blue_Mercy mentioned she actually has a motivation for fighting and because of that I respect her.
Old 2007-08-13, 00:46   Link #35
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

They needed someone to come up with a nuke and threaten to blow up everyone in Tokyo -_-

Old 2007-08-13, 23:45   Link #36
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
They needed someone to come up with a nuke and threaten to blow up everyone in Tokyo -_-
I think they could have done without that part.
Old 2007-08-14, 04:58   Link #37
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

In reality, it's like Nina's char was created for the sole purpose of starring in all the shit scenes. Need someone to be racist against 11s? Nina. Need someone to hump a table? Nina. Need someone to be a creepy obsessive stalker? Nina. Need someone to build a nuke and then threaten to kill everyone? Nina.

Old 2007-08-14, 05:56   Link #38
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Hit the spot with the Nina character evil plushie, but don't you need a character like Nina in an anime like this. I mean the thing is about discrimination and stuff and in that kind of show you need a character like Nina to show how the extreme (bit less) side thinks and acts. That is why the character of Nina exists. But i hope she blows herself up in some hell-hole in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 08:54   Link #39
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-random View Post
Hit the spot with the Nina character evil plushie, but don't you need a character like Nina in an anime like this. I mean the thing is about discrimination and stuff and in that kind of show you need a character like Nina to show how the extreme (bit less) side thinks and acts. That is why the character of Nina exists. But i hope she blows herself up in some hell-hole in the middle of nowhere.
Its understandable that they make her represent racism, but they didn't need to tack on all the other things too. She was simply given all the negative aspects of life in that universe, making her very much so unappealing or likable... maybe one could pity her.
Old 2007-10-28, 12:47   Link #40
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

LeLouch
Spoiler:

Suzaku
Spoiler:

C.C
Spoiler:
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote