AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2017-02-28, 14:07   Link #41
rladls2121

I wonder how will the 2020 Olympics turn out if this situation goes on?
Are situation like these really destined to happen?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 16:11   Link #42
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
That's an example of where laws must be enforced to crack down such groups in the same way they are outlawed with a good reason in Germany.
Outlawing any group never sits right with me in honesty. Especially when there a nice big book of existing laws that can put there nastiest members in jail for a better reason than political views.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 17:52   Link #43
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Outlawing any group never sits right with me in honesty. Especially when there a nice big book of existing laws that can put there nastiest members in jail for a better reason than political views.
Am I misunderstanding here or are you saying calling in bomb threats and vandalizing cemeteries are simply political views?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 18:07   Link #44
Draco Spirit

Course not, but there solid crimes you can try in the court of law, and that were I believe the focus should be, showing people there scumness via the process of justice. Outlawing Neo Nazi groups just makes them change there names and lets them play the 'victim of the oppressor card'.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 18:16   Link #45
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Course not, but there solid crimes you can try in the court of law, and that were I believe the focus should be, showing people there scumness via the process of justice. Outlawing Neo Nazi groups just makes them change there names and lets them play the 'victim of the oppressor card'.
Okay then. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2017-03-01, 16:25   Link #46
Key Board
Carbon

“The goal was to make us afraid, but we’re not going to let fear consume us. We’ll stand up to fear, we’ll stand up to hatred and we’ll stand together. We know this is not representative of our community. We know that we live in a community that supports each other.”

http://www.jta.org/2017/03/01/news-o...iana-synagogue

pretty much describes the mood nowadays
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-30, 20:47   Link #47
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Would any conservatives care to explain how for profit prisons promote individual liberty? These institutions exist in place of, or compared to what? At what cost does America keep doing this? What evidence is there to support these facilities? And that's not even getting into the 13th Amendment itself
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 13:43   Link #48
Key Board
Carbon

"White nationalists rally in Charlottesville erupts in violent street fighting; car strikes crowd"

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/12/us/cha...lly/index.html
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2017-08-12, 13:58   Link #49
Toukairin
Banned

That's absolutely sickening. All of that for a bloody statue of someone who probably didn't even want a statue in the first place?
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 16:25   Link #50
MCAL

Incidentally they were yelling Heil Trump! Just in case we needed more reason to believe most Trump supporters are racist

10 points to whoever guess how Trump reacted.
Old 2017-08-12, 16:49   Link #51
The Green One

Lets be fair. Not all of Trump supporters are racists. I strongly doubt even a majority are. There are undeniably some though. Even one is too many though. It's sad really, every day I lose a little more faith in humanity. I suppose that's why a lot of people have just given up on fixing things. Just ignoring it and sticking your head in the sand until it all just goes away.
Old 2017-08-12, 17:38   Link #52
MCAL

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...exington-mayor

Good work guys!

https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/...hite-fragility

And... Scene!
Old 2017-08-12, 18:01   Link #53
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Lets be fair. Not all of Trump supporters are racists. I strongly doubt even a majority are. There are undeniably some though. Even one is too many though. It's sad really, every day I lose a little more faith in humanity. I suppose that's why a lot of people have just given up on fixing things. Just ignoring it and sticking your head in the sand until it all just goes away.
All the fucking assclowns who advocated "punching nazis" finally got their wish granted by a jackass genie. They kicked the hornet's nest and the hornets are fucking angry.
Old 2017-08-12, 18:59   Link #54
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The hornets are also racist and murderous apparently. But I guess that's not worth focusing on...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 19:10   Link #55
MCAL

Neo Nazis: "I want to be like the people who committed mass genocide!"

Everyone else: "No this is wrong and you must be stopped!"

You know... gosh... I just don't know who's wrong here!
Old 2017-08-12, 19:31   Link #56
Key Board
Carbon

if getting angry about being called a Nazi turns you into a Nazi
than maybe the first time wasn't a mistake after all
you were always a Nazi

When someone won't call it White Supremacist or Neo Nazi, but is so intent on stressing out Radical Islam Terrorist
When someone has a platform which is literally "we can't have too many minorities. We must control their numbers"
When there's literally a Nazi flag flying around..
Than it is what is written on the cover

When freaking Nigel Farage comments on this

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/sta...45864398520321

but sure.. "both sides"

Last edited by Key Board; 2017-08-12 at 19:45.
Old 2017-08-12, 21:20   Link #57
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
All the fucking assclowns who advocated "punching nazis" finally got their wish granted by a jackass genie. They kicked the hornet's nest and the hornets are fucking angry.
Punching Nazis? They should feel fortunate it only stands to that for now.

As far as I'm concerned, I strongly believe Neo-Nazis should be hunted down like the very same dogs they worship were mercilessly hunted down after the war. That would be a step further than just telling them to shove their ideology where the sun doesn't shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
When freaking Nigel Farage comments on this

https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/sta...45864398520321

but sure.. "both sides"
What a ****.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2017-08-12 at 22:05.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 21:22   Link #58
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
In the end, all the talk about SJW and the left having gone too far in the so called culture wars should not blind us to the fact that racism, sexism or hate in general is still a problem in this country. We have a president actively going out of his way to not hurt the feelings of white supremacists and neo nazi groups because he understands that a part of his most fervent base is made up of these individuals.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 21:41   Link #59
The Green One

Yep, ol Trump doesn't even have the stones to call them out directly but instead dance around it by condemning the violence but not naming the group. For all Trump's complaints about the politician pandering to the people he's just as bad as any of them. Bloody hypocrite.
Old 2017-08-13, 01:39   Link #60
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Lets be fair. Not all of Trump supporters are racists. I strongly doubt even a majority are.
You base this on... what?

I am seriously, what are you getting your idea from? Do you have any reason to believe this other than trying to deny the truth?