AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-01-07, 18:05   Link #61
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 01

Well, not so bad, I guess. Nothing earthshaking, though. Kind of a weird blend of Upotte, Arpeggio and Strike Witches, but with less blatant fan service and more battles...at least for ep one.

Will give the next ep or two a try. I have a feeling that for me the character development or lack thereof will make or break this for me. Kinda doubt I will be "dissappointed" as much as lose interest at worst.

Agree that the OST and the cgi are pretty well done, though.
Old 2015-01-07, 18:14   Link #62
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 1

Erm... I thought this was an okay premiere. I don't have much interest or knowledge about Japanese WWII ships and there wasn't much else to hook me here compared to Arpeggio which shared a similar concept. So I don't know how far I'll with this series, but I'll give it the standard 3 episode rule to draw me in. Until then I'm rather lukewarm as far as my enthusiasm goes.

CG didn't bother me at all and felt almost entirely natural, and the animation in general was quite good. My favorite moments being Akagi's slick launch sequence and the overcast transition when the ship girls entered the Abyssal base.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-01-07 at 18:29.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 18:26   Link #63
AntonKutovoi

To be honest, it reminded of GF Beta with higher budget and action. Will watch it, so far, at least.

One the other note, I'm surprised that Russianese-speaking character isn't voiced by Sumire Uesaka.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 18:29   Link #64
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
To be honest, it reminded of GF Beta with higher budget and action. Will watch it, so far, at least.

One the other note, I'm surprised that Russianese-speaking character isn't voiced by Sumire Uesaka.
Hibiki? She is "Mankanshoku Mako"~ 8D

She is actually really popular among the characters lol.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 18:36   Link #65
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
After watching the first episode, I am under the impression that this series is targeted solely to game players. Don't know if I am either willing or able to keep track of such huge cast.

I came away thinking that the first episode of this new anime series was dull and unimaginative. The characters seemed to be generic and the setting unnecessary. Wondering if this is going to be like Touhou with folks who like the game liking the anime and folks who don't play the game are left saying, "WUT?!?"

I'll close the door quietly on my way out.
Pretty much this. Well I will (probably) give a shot another episode or two, but I can't realy see myself finish it.

I think it might be more interesting if these abyssal beuties were main characters instead.
Old 2015-01-07, 18:40   Link #66
HandofFate

Never played the games, but I liked it.
Old 2015-01-07, 18:50   Link #67
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Hibiki? She is "Mankanshoku Mako"~ 8D

She is actually really popular among the characters lol.
of corz XD that loli division
Old 2015-01-07, 18:53   Link #68
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think it might be more interesting if these abyssal beuties were main characters instead.
There are fanworks where they are main characters XD;;

Just search them up on danbooru or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
of corz XD that loli division
6th Destroyer Division are the Best

Loli Loli Loli Delicious Loli.
Old 2015-01-07, 19:02   Link #69
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Seems nice enough.

Definitely reminds you of a few different things. And the main character being that rookie with potential is pretty standard as well.

Curious about them keeping the commander in the dark for I presume the whole show. Fubuki gets all this support, but you never actually hear what she's being told .

First step for Fubuki I guess will be learning to fire with her eyes open .
Old 2015-01-07, 19:12   Link #70
Death Usagi
Banned

From what I see, the reason Admiral is not shown in this series is because they want to leave it to the fandom to imagine what kind of person the Admiral is, or could just think that they themselves are that admiral considering even in the game, the Admiral is YOURSELF, and he/she is made by the fan-artists for their series, so there is no official canon Admiral.

So they just want to leave it to their imaginations I guess.

Considering if they brought out a canon admiral, things might not be so good.
Old 2015-01-07, 19:18   Link #71
Top Sergeant

Fubuki must learn that its always best to aim with her eyes open.

Good first episode! Looking forward to more. Loving Akagi.
Old 2015-01-07, 19:18   Link #72
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

After watching the relatively bland premiere of Absolute Duo, I feel that this can completely blow out most of the lesser-known series out of the water. The budget is clearly there, and the choice to use CGI for the kanmusu during battle is completely understandable for consistency reasons (although some errors are still there). The battle against the Anchorage Princess isn't at the level of Arpeggio's, but that issue is there because of the shadow Admiral. (But man, I had hoped to hear someone like Gunzou lead the girls.)

All in all, the budget in this episode is definitely enough to make this show a keeper. The intensity of the battle may be a sign that dark clouds are in the horizon, and that leaves our lead Fubuki on a road of uncertainty to becoming a real part of the fleet.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 19:29   Link #73
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
From what I see, the reason Admiral is not shown in this series is because they want to leave it to the fandom to imagine what kind of person the Admiral is, or could just think that they themselves are that admiral considering even in the game, the Admiral is YOURSELF, and he/she is made by the fan-artists for their series, so there is no official canon Admiral.

I'd prefer it that way. I did take it as a hint to self-insert and did so.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 19:38   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

That's what I figured they were going for. I just found it curious. Interesting that he exists, but will be kept as this figure that will never be on screen. It should be fine and if they keep up the pattern they showed early then you can just guess at what is being said.
Old 2015-01-07, 20:00   Link #75
Death Usagi
Banned

Because if a canon admiral appeared, those who prefer or love a certain type of admiral would be very disappointed with the series because the main admiral is not what they wanted to be.

Examples:
1. Old Man Admiral
2. Teen Admiral
3. Shota Admiral
4. Adult Admiral
5. Female Admiral
6. Shitty Admiral (aka a pervert and a troll)
7. Animal Admiral(?!)
8. Loli Admiral (Barely exists even in fandom)
9. T-Head Admiral

All of the watchers mostly have different fetishes regarding their type of admiral.

Like for me example, my preference of an admiral would be someone who is someone who has a very general personality, maybe similar to Kyon from Haruhi (Fact is, I prayed that the admiral for this anime would be voiced by Tomokazu Sugita)

So if one of the type of admiral stated above were to show up in this show, the fans of the other fetishes would definitely be disappointed (And I know some already are disappointed how their favorite girl isn't showing up in this series =w=)

Last edited by Death Usagi; 2015-01-07 at 21:16.
Old 2015-01-07, 20:01   Link #76
Marina2

Hmm...making Fubuki, the destroyer class ship, to be the main character is the good idea considering what can destroyer do during the night time in the game.

Whoa, it just the first ep......
***,*73位/***,*71位 ★ (**7,026 pt) [*,*53予約] 2015/03/27 Kantai Collection

Last edited by Marina2; 2015-01-07 at 20:13.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 20:04   Link #77
Kitsu Breaker

So many Ships to ships
lol

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 20:07   Link #78
Cyprene

The best part of the episode by far was Takao's Pan-paka-pan'ing.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 20:08   Link #79
Death Usagi
Banned

Newcomers to this game/series, I would like to inform you something regarding this series, and this was posted long ways back in the Upcoming Series section:

1. The anime will be 70% slice of life and 30% action and battles with more battles happening toward the end of the anime.

2.The anime will focus on Fubuki and focus on her growth and hardships she faces

3. Akagi will be portrayed as a serious onee-sama most of the time. But do expect her to "eat her share" during some moments.

4. The anime is around 12-13 episodes

5. they are preparing the story after anime for SS2 (if the sale is good)

6. there are around 30 ship in anime

7. there are 2type of character song original ver and anime ver.

8. Admiral does exist but will not have any screentime.

9. Actually there are still no screentime for zuikaku right now but the producer like her so...............

10. After the anime ends, there will be event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
The best part of the episode by far was Takao's Pan-paka-pan'ing.
You mean Atago...
Old 2015-01-07, 20:29   Link #80
BIG_BOI_JARRED
Aloha Family*

Quote:
Because if a canon admiral appeared, those who prefer or love a certain type of admiral would be very disappointed with the series because the main admiral is not what they wanted to be.

Examples:
1. Old Man Admiral
2. Teen Admiral
3. Shota Admiral
4. Adult Admiral
5. Female Admiral
6. Shitty Admiral (aka a pervert and a troll)
7. Animal Admiral(?!)
8. Loli Admiral (Barely exists even in fandom)

All of the watchers mostly have different fetishes regarding their type of admiral.

Like for me example, my preference of an admiral would be someone who is someone who has a very general personality, maybe similar to Kyon from Haruhi (Fact is, I prayed that the admiral for this anime would be voiced by Tomokazu Sugita)

So if one of the type of admiral stated above were to show up in this show, the fans of the other fetishes would definitely be disappointed (And I know some already are disappointed how their favorite girl isn't showing up in this series =w=)
Don't forget the T-head Teitoku.

Tags
adaptation, drama, fleet girls, slice of life, tragedy