AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-10, 17:57   Link #141
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Dangit, crunchyroll is making this a member-only show again so I'll be an episode behind you guys now. Must resist urge to read spoilers...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 17:59   Link #142
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Dangit, crunchyroll is making this a member-only show again so I'll be an episode behind you guys now. Must resist urge to read spoilers...
Or you could just pay and not wait a week.
Old 2009-07-10, 20:43   Link #143
Midonin
Last Engage

Considering the number of series they're streaming now that I'm interested in, paying was one of the best moves I ever made.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 03:29   Link #144
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Considering the number of series they're streaming now that I'm interested in, paying was one of the best moves I ever made.
I only just started paying so i could watch Aoi Hana.
Old 2009-07-11, 09:08   Link #145
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Ehhhh, I'm cheap and have too many animes to watch anyway. Waiting a week for one won't kill me (it didn't kill me for Natsume Yujincho so I doubt this will). But I am glad that they put the link on one the main page, CR's website is kinda confusing when you search for stuff...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 09:13   Link #146
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
You can also go to After Ellen to check out the first episode. Looks like they plan on adding more episodes whenever Crunchyroll makes them available:

http://www.afterellen.com/blog/sarah...ideo-episode-1
Old 2009-07-11, 16:24   Link #147
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

The second episode was terrific as well. So far I am loving everything except Horie Yui voicing Kyouko, her voice just doesn't fit Kyouko's personality, IMO. Judging by the manga, of course, because so far we haven't seen that much of her in the anime.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 16:44   Link #148
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
The second episode was terrific as well. So far I am loving everything except Horie Yui voicing Kyouko, her voice just doesn't fit Kyouko's personality, IMO. Judging by the manga, of course, because so far we haven't seen that much of her in the anime.
True. I can already come up with a few seiyuu's that would fit Kyouko better then Horie Yui, though i won't judge until we see more of Kyouko's character being fleshed out.
Old 2009-07-11, 23:14   Link #149
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

I don't watch at Crunchyroll at all. It just bums me that I have to pay stuff just so I could watch animes when I can just torrent the episodes.. *rants*

Anyhow, I'm not much of a fan of Aoi Hana but I can say that I'm going to continue watching it just to see how it goes. It looks interesting to me~
kirapika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 09:47   Link #150
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
On the show itself, I do not really have to add much, I liked it despite finding most yuri utterly boring. This one was quite interesting.

On CR, though I would not mind paying, it is no option for me as with the majority since they have this geographic restrictions. If I may generalize, it is just another example of industry and governments seriously lacking in understanding the status quo and trying to apply outdated models out of the book and from above (like region locking, localization, etc). Hence reality dictates alternatives
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 10:30   Link #151
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

After watching episode 2 I'm convincingly sold to this series. Goes to show that the term "Opposites Attract" is not necessarily limited to... certain anatomical parts.

Casual observation though... why is it that when the show is about lesbian romance... it just so happens that nearly all main women in the show are also lesbians?

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-07-12 at 10:49.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 11:06   Link #152
YunaX

this is one of the show that I will have to wait for its completion before watching. Reason? Because it's too good! ;_;
YunaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 11:16   Link #153
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

just watch the second episode.
So far so good.
Yasuko-senpai's voice is too light for her,but it's prety good.
can't wait for the next episode
Old 2009-07-12, 13:23   Link #154
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Casual observation though... why is it that when the show is about lesbian romance... it just so happens that nearly all main women in the show are also lesbians?
Come on, it's way too early to say that. Besides, you shouldn't mix same-sex crushes with being a lesbian. And I say that because this series actually shows there's a difference there. Fumi is pretty much a lesbian (she likes women in general), but at this point hardly anyone else is. You'll see what I mean soon enough.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2009-07-12 at 13:35.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 14:03   Link #155
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
How do you know they are all lesbians though? Nothing at all has been shown in the two episodes that they are. You're just jumping to conclusions.
Old 2009-07-12, 15:25   Link #156
Theowne
耳をすませば

Episode 2 Thoughts: It's well written...well directed....but it's no Honey and Clover. It doesn't make me want to watch the next episode right away......I dunno, it's missing some "spark" in the characters to make me really invested. Also I do have to agree about the over representation of same-sex "longing". It just lessens the realism, in my opinion.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 15:27   Link #157
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Episode 2 Thoughts: It's well written...well directed....but it's no Honey and Clover. It doesn't make me want to watch the next episode right away......I dunno, it's missing some "spark" in the characters to make me really invested. Also I do have to agree about the over representation of same-sex "longing". It just lessens the realism, in my opinion.
Take away the director and animation production, and Aoi Hana has nothing at all in common with Honey and Clover, so i really don't see why you have to compare the two.
Old 2009-07-12, 15:36   Link #158
Theowne
耳をすませば

.......because they have the same director and animation production, and I would expect to like another work by them as much.

Just like I was disappointed when I didn't like Howl's Moving Castle as much as Princess Mononoke.

I don't think it's much of a stretch, really...(of course, it was a minuscule part of my post on the show)

Edit: By the way, I'd argue they have a bit more in common than that, on a higher level...

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-12, 15:42   Link #159
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

They probably do have a few little parts in common, though it's not the point here. I just think you keep on going down this path and compare it with H&C, then you'll just make the experience bad for yourself.
Old 2009-07-12, 16:32   Link #160
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Besides, you shouldn't mix same-sex crushes with being a lesbian.
Maybe not in terms of practice. However, there's no denying that same-sex crushes (definitely over represented in many stories) imply homosexual inclinations.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, school life, yuri