AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-21, 08:07   Link #2561
DorkingtonPugsly

Yes! I knew it, now I actually have something to look forward to post christmas break.

It's interesting that Nisio admits this part of the story was broken up and put aside for a bit too long, but says it seemed like Araragi didn't really wana talk about this story.

Last edited by DorkingtonPugsly; 2013-12-21 at 08:45.
DorkingtonPugsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 09:35   Link #2562
ndqanh_vn

Hm, and I thought he is going to pull a Katanamonogatari on us (that epic battle which is never described...) I have to admit I am quite surprised to hear that the man finally decides to fix all the holes.

Actually I would be fine if that part of the story is never told, as I got the impression it is not very important to the bigger mystery of who Ougi is, where Meme is and who is actually pulling the string.

But if Gaen is the narrator, I would be interested in it.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-21, 12:00   Link #2563
DorkingtonPugsly

Based on what Nisio said I think Araragi's the narrator.
He said he tried writing this bit a bunch of times but failed, and he really wanted to put it out before ending the series.
Old 2013-12-21, 18:11   Link #2564
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
but says it seemed like Araragi didn't really wana talk about this story.

Most likely it is more people needling him about the sensitive subject of his bond with Shinobu if Nisio is saying she is a focal point. Was Episode in on that excursion, would be interesting to have more from him.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 05:12   Link #2565
ndqanh_vn

ah, too bad then.

I am really tired of Araragi after so many arcs, but I guess Gaen and her "I know everthing" would be damn hard to write as a narrator then.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 09:24   Link #2566
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

may i ask why ononoki kissed araragi. i cant see her liking him so far in the anime (have yet to read the novel)
Old 2013-12-23, 01:11   Link #2567
Level5
Keyblade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Interview for Owari middle is up.
Story takes place before NekoShiro and after Oni.
Suruga Monkey's continuation but Shinobu is main according to Nisio.
If story take place after Oni but before the end of Neko(White) then I don't see how it relates to next sentence, because Suruga Monkey is much earlier in timeline.
Level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 03:05   Link #2568
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
may i ask why ononoki kissed araragi. i cant see her liking him so far in the anime (have yet to read the novel)
She finds him physically attractive. Also because it annoys Shinobu.
Old 2013-12-23, 03:05   Link #2569
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
She kissed him to make Shinobu angry because she likes him. Ononoki doesn't like Shinobu. As of the latest novel Ononoki is living with Araragi.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 04:18   Link #2570
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level5 View Post
If story take place after Oni but before the end of Neko(White) then I don't see how it relates to next sentence, because Suruga Monkey is much earlier in timeline.
The exact words were "answer story".
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 09:46   Link #2571
Altima of the Gates
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Maybe more info about the Rainy Devil?
Old 2013-12-23, 09:57   Link #2572
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level5 View Post
Anything related to kanbaru is a continuation of suruga monkey and this arc is one of them because she's involved according to Nisio.

And also the fact that the rainy devil is still on kanbaru (well, at least on this arc), that other wish, not giving up on senjougahara are all unanswered.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 10:19   Link #2573
DorkingtonPugsly

Gaen said she needed her left arm. She's going to use it in whatever fight happens in this arc. So there's bound to be more development between her and the arm/devil.
Old 2013-12-23, 14:31   Link #2574
mugimugi
bwaka

I'm not sure how much Gaen will do in this upcoming "fight". By the time she met Hanekawa, didn't Gaen mention something like that Koyomi solved the problem with some kind of lineage, apparently related to Kanbaru? Maybe he only found the solution but didn't solve the problem, so she had to act together with Episode. Or Episode's job doesn't have anything to do with.
Unless the enemy is Shinobu's first servant, and Episode is a vampire hunter, so that would make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Gaen said she needed her left arm. She's going to use it in whatever fight happens in this arc. So there's bound to be more development between her and the arm/devil.
I wonder how she meant that. It's not like she needs firepower, and Kanbaru isn't invincible. She might just need that arm itself and not the user's power. Could be related to the fact that this item was in family possession. We might find out more about the Gaen lineage.

Last edited by mugimugi; 2013-12-23 at 14:45.
mugimugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 23:41   Link #2575
Level5
Keyblade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Anything related to kanbaru is a continuation of suruga monkey and this arc is one of them because she's involved according to Nisio.
I see. I just didn't get that correctly. I was thinking that it meant that events will go right after story of Suruga Monkey.
If we're speaking about Kambaru character development then, maybe, events of second volume of Owari somehow influenced Kambaru that she began to hear voice of her mother.
Level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 14:22   Link #2576
AbootCanada
Season 2 Never

Is Kaiki still alive after Koimonogatari?
AbootCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 14:40   Link #2577
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbootCanada View Post
Is Kaiki still alive after Koimonogatari?
yes of course he does.
people apparently going all faggotry after seeing him lying in blood pool at the end of koi lol
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 14:52   Link #2578
Altima of the Gates
*Graphic Designer

Heh, don't be mean. Its a perfectly good reaction since the stories are being shown out of order for the anime.
Old 2013-12-28, 14:55   Link #2579
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
yes of course he does.
people apparently going all faggotry after seeing him lying in blood pool at the end of koi lol
well for an anime viewer kaiki dying would quite be disappointing
Old 2013-12-28, 17:00   Link #2580
Baro05

Can anyone tell me how is the current relationship between Araragi and Hitagi?
Baro05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance