AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-31, 08:05   Link #41
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

@NecocYaotl Thank You ~

Tanaka Takayuki ... I remember him from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, he's worked on the episode I consider the turning point for the series towards a better direction, so I have faith in him.

Ootsuka Akira I don't know, what's has he done before? Or is he new?

@risingstar3110 Well, she's currently scheduling to sing with the angles, so it all evens out?

Besides, making Ayumi longer than one episode would've been bad for the introduction.

Last edited by Arabesque; 2010-10-31 at 14:10. Reason: making it a bit nicer
Old 2010-10-31, 13:51   Link #42
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
@NecocYaotl Thank You ~

Tanaka Takayuki ... I remember him from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, he's worked on the episode I consider the turning point for the series towards a better direction, so I have faith in him.

Ootsuka Akira I don't know, what's has he done before? Or is he new?

@risingstar3110 Well, she ends up being gutted like a fish later on, so it all evens out?

Besides, making Ayumi longer than one episode would've been bad for the introduction.
Can you do not make it sound so gross please... there's no blood so can we assume that's an immaterial dagger? D:
Old 2010-10-31, 14:17   Link #43
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Hey, I feel sorry for her and all, but I just can't help but take a stab at her every once in a while, you know?

But I did use nicer wording now

Anyhow, I do wonder if Kanon having more episodes has to do with the length and events in the arc (The revelation of the powers) or is she just one of the more popular girls in Japan? I mean I know there hasn't been a poll yet for the series, but could it be that the reaction to her arc(s)/appearances is what let her gain more screen time?
Old 2010-10-31, 18:24   Link #44
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

So Kanon's getting 3 episode, and god mode chapter is still not here? meh. I guess Kanon singing will be animated exclusively or have some original contents; there is no way to expend that arc like that... >_>

Iono about manglobe's direction now.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:47   Link #45
Shadow5YA

They're probably tossing around filler chapters randomly between each capture arc. If I recall correctly, the two Elsee cooking chapters came well before the bugged game filler.

By the way, is there not a new episode this week?
Old 2010-11-01, 19:21   Link #46
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecocYaotl View Post
From 2ch, source is Megami magazine
第5話(11/3)「IDOL BOMB!!」
第6話(11/10)「ワタシ平凡?」
第7話(11/17)「Shining Star」
第8話(11/24)「Coupling with with with with」
Episode 5-7 will be Kanon arc, while 8 is cake. I don't expect Kanon arc to be 3 episodes. Probably because Kanon will sing?
Is this source confirmed? I would like to see the scans from Megami as proof since i'm wary of any info coming from 2ch.
Old 2010-11-01, 20:45   Link #47
pampz21
ShipCore

so its confirmed that there still no capturing god mode episode?!

If my guess is Right its probably episode 13 wwhooooohh~
we'll see Keima singing! wish it'll come true!

"Let's meet at that place"
"This wonderful world, invilcible me!"
(*3*)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-11-03, 09:07   Link #48
NecocYaotl

I don't have any scans or anything. Just think of it as unconfirmed info if you can't fully believe the source.
Wakaki writes the screenplay for one of the episode. I wonder which one, maybe the cake one?

進撃の巨人
Old 2010-11-03, 15:37   Link #49
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Having seen where the first Kanon episode ended- why in the world would it take more than one more episode to finish Kanon's story?

They even already had her sing.

Also, the greater emphasis on how Elsee imitates Kanon, they seem to be setting up the plot lines for much further in the story- that would take 3 to 4 cours to get to that point I think.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-11-03, 16:18   Link #50
Xacual

I thought Elsee mimicing Kanon pops up in various places throughout the manga. She gets established pretty early on as a huge fan.

I think based on this episode and the extra scenes added in, we're going to get some drama from her idol group that Keima might have to resolve.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-11-04, 07:25   Link #51
NecocYaotl

Looks like the anime will add original story about where Kanon still part of Citron with Elsie trying to find out about Kanon's past. Lime and Yuka only appear in the 4-koma in the manga, but I hope they won't be drawn as typical bully or something that make Kanon traumatic and create her gap.
Why the anime change the time line though? It becomes December in the anime, that will make some inconsistency later on. From Minami arc, story in summer vacation and after can't have time adjustment because it's story-related.

進撃の巨人
Old 2010-11-04, 07:33   Link #52
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
? Is it December in the anime? It didn't seem that cold to me.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2010-11-04, 07:43   Link #53
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

^I think NecocYaotl is using the date on Kanon's poster as an indicator for the timeline. And also, I think different parts of Japan have different weather patterns, so that seems okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Having seen where the first Kanon episode ended- why in the world would it take more than one more episode to finish Kanon's story?

They even already had her sing.
It's a conspiracy to make Kanon more popular.

Quote:
Looks like the anime will add original story about where Kanon still part of Citron with Elsie trying to find out about Kanon's past. Lime and Yuka only appear in the 4-koma in the manga, but I hope they won't be drawn as typical bully or something that make Kanon traumatic and create her gap.
I do hope it's not something like that. I hope they go with Kanon outdoing the other two and the falling out playing the role in the gap creation rather than bullying.
Quote:
From Minami arc, story in summer vacation and after can't have time adjustment because it's story-related.
No problem, use God Capturing mode + Boss Rush!
Old 2010-11-04, 08:16   Link #54
NecocYaotl

There's also the chrismast tree decoration, leafless tree, monthly magazines that have 12 (December) written, another magazine have "end and start of the year tv show", santa Kanon in poca cola cm.

進撃の巨人
Old 2010-11-04, 10:10   Link #55
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Why the anime change the time line though? It becomes December in the anime, that will make some inconsistency later on. From Minami arc, story in summer vacation and after can't have time adjustment because it's story-related.
Maybe. The way I see it, there are some major checkpoints.

1.) Finding the invisible Kanon and turning her visible again
2.) Keima giving her his e-mail address
3.) Kanon still being crazy and emailing him 43897589476 times
4.) the ending at the empty concert stage

They could easy drag out 1 and 3. She didn't really stay visible until Keima gave her his email. For 3, the anime could easily expand on their time together. The manga just showed a few panels on how Kanon clung to Keima for every little thing, but the anime could flesh it out.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:10   Link #56
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
For 3, the anime could easily expand on their time together. The manga just showed a few panels on how Kanon clung to Keima for every little thing, but the anime could flesh it out.
I'm sure it will last the length of an insert song.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:10   Link #57
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

If Kanon arc is dragged out for 3 episodes. Then most likely we won't have Haqua.... (technically we still can, if her home visit is left for next S2. It will be a good ep 1 for S2 as well). But yeah, if we follow the latest manga chapter, the bond of Kanon x Keima in that one week must be strong indeed, so maybe they will play it out right now. If they do it well it will get the manga readers on the mood as well

The reason it gonna be Xmas in the anime, must be because they follow our real timeline, and try to get the audiences into characters' shoes. Let's hope S3 with Minami will be around the summer then.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:21   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
If Kanon arc is dragged out for 3 episodes. Then most likely we won't have Haqua.... (technically we still can, if her home visit is left for next S2. It will be a good ep 1 for S2 as well).
Personally I always liked the idea of her report chapter as the starting half of the new season.. that plus capturing god mode would make a good return ep imo.

Quote:
The reason it gonna be Xmas in the anime, must be because they follow our real timeline, and try to get the audiences into characters' shoes. Let's hope S3 with Minami will be around the summer then.
Aside from pre ordering dvds ourselves all we can do is hope.. does anyone know how popular Kami Nomi is on 2ch atm from this seasons airing anime?

Something like this..

http://hashihime.blogspot.com/2009/1...hannel-vs.html

Not always the best guide but a decent one.. Railgun broke 20k volumeS, dtb ii sold well, seitokai decently and kimi no todoke, sora no otoshimono have gotten sequels.

Talk and discussion doesn't always turn into sales but it could be a good indicator.
Old 2010-11-05, 10:57   Link #59
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
If Kanon arc is dragged out for 3 episodes. Then most likely we won't have Haqua.... (technically we still can, if her home visit is left for next S2. It will be a good ep 1 for S2 as well). But yeah, if we follow the latest manga chapter, the bond of Kanon x Keima in that one week must be strong indeed, so maybe they will play it out right now. If they do it well it will get the manga readers on the mood as well

Haqua's first appearance isn't until after Kusunoki's arc. If Kusunoki isn't in this season, then Haqua definitely isn't.
Old 2010-11-05, 11:02   Link #60
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Haqua's first appearance isn't until after Kusunoki's arc. If Kusunoki isn't in this season, then Haqua definitely isn't.
Is it chronologically crucial though? People have been talking about Haqua for a bit now so I thought they either expected that Kusunoki etc. get skipped or they'll be still somehow squeezed together in this cour (which I doubt).