Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-07, 00:19   Link #61
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
He sounds like a guy pretending to be cool when he's not. Which is often how Kuchiki acts.
Rather, he sounds like a cool guy pretending not to be.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 00:32   Link #62
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I believe it was shown as a 3 ep OVA before the 2nd season, though I recalled it was never translated, least at the time I started watching the 2nd season.
The ovas? Sure it was, not long after they came out..
They're rather easy to find, though some fansubs name them "Genshiken episodes 13, 14 and 15" instead. The plot with Ogiue's "recruitment' from the manga club is all there.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 02:17   Link #63
Tenzen12

To be honest after all these years I didn't have problem with recast. (I was reading manga after that though)

But there is one thing I remembered more than clearly, how much annoying Kuchiki voice was. Thank godness for Jun Fukuyama. He makes him bearable.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 05:53   Link #64
EroKing

I don't remember any of the original voices since I did watch it way too long ago. Well that and my memory sucks so I did quite enjoy this episode.
Poor Madarame, still in love with Saki but that lol ending sure gave some foreshadowing of Madarame x Hato in the future episodes. Poor guy
Old 2013-07-07, 07:19   Link #65
ookamigirl

Cosplay/manga club?
Guess recruiting new members is always hard.
That club certainly has some unique members.
This sure is a weird, but fun anime.
Although, I still can't decide to watch it or skip it..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 07:27   Link #66
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I didn't read the manga but I assume they skipped some parts from what they left in season 3?
Old 2013-07-07, 08:20   Link #67
Tenzen12

It's a while I read manga so I don't remember everything, but I don't think they left out anything important(Manga also started with introduction of girls and Kuchiki was member already).
Old 2013-07-07, 08:46   Link #68
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
I didn't read the manga but I assume they skipped some parts from what they left in season 3?
They skipped about two and a half volumes from the original manga, most of which focused on Ogie. The first episode summarized the main points -- Ogie and Sasahara started dating and he used his editorial skills to help her polish a one-shot to the point that a professional publisher bought it -- but there are a few other points that will hopefully be covered in flashback.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 09:57   Link #69
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Rather, he sounds like a cool guy pretending not to be.
Maybe that's why people think Jun-san isn't best choice. Kuchiki is never cool.
Old 2013-07-07, 10:37   Link #70
backbone
Banned

Decent episode, i suppose. The recast doesn't really bother me, although i'm a bit conflicted by Fukuyama voicing Kuchiki, dunno why but just doesn't really click in my ears.

And after being disappointed by OreImo that failed miserably at showing how otaku supposedly act like otaku, this show make me feel very refreshed, and with the addition of 3 new members into Genshiken making this show definitely a must watch of the season for me.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 10:54   Link #71
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Maybe that's why people think Jun-san isn't best choice. Kuchiki is never cool.
Exactly. And as some people saying they prefer Fukuyama said, Kikuchi's original voice was annoying.
And, that's why his original voice was correct. Because it made Kikuchi annoying.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 11:10   Link #72
Tenzen12

Actualy that's my case as well. I was afraid he will ruin show for me, but even if Jun-san isn't suited, I still will prefere bearable Kuchiki to unbearable one regardless if it is OC or not.
Old 2013-07-07, 11:15   Link #73
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh I see. So his voice is supposed to be grating but isn't. I have to admit that I found it difficult to hate him thanks to his voice so maybe you guys are right. Maybe that guy who plays Retro-kun in Chihayafuru would've been a better fit.

(PS: 10,000th post)
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 11:16   Link #74
Horse

The recast killed the show for me. FukuJun is no Akira Ishida, Yukana as Ohno is just annoying, Madarame no longer is Madarame... and then Saki came in... I raged.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 11:33   Link #75
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I was actually quite impressed with the acting job.
While obviously different voices, the new cast acted majority of the characters very well, matching the quirks of the previous cast.

I think the biggest issue I had was Ohno's voice. Sasahara's voice was nearly spot-on, and Madarame was my biggest worries, but he did pull it off pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I don't remember any of the original voices since I did watch it way too long ago. Well that and my memory sucks so I did quite enjoy this episode.
Poor Madarame, still in love with Saki but that lol ending sure gave some foreshadowing of Madarame x Hato in the future episodes. Poor guy
It's pretty much impossible for me to forget the original cast, not only were they insanely memorable, the entire cast was super-seasoned veterans.
Old 2013-07-07, 12:56   Link #76
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I think the biggest issue I had was Ohno's voice. Sasahara's voice was nearly spot-on, and Madarame was my biggest worries, but he did pull it off pretty well.
Yeah, Ohno's new voice sounds just..no. It doesn't fit.
None of the others bothered me at all, including Madarame, which was surprising.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:23   Link #77
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Dunno about the voices, the only thing I read about Genshiken since the last anime were doujinshi, so the new VAs don't bother me, it will take some time to get into their characters anyway.

Otherwise, I am also sold into the fourth (not second) generation... this characters have great chemistry... not to mention that I was ROLFing half the time, and had to rewind the damn episode took me almost 30 minutes to watch.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 16:39   Link #78
Tenzen12

Technicaly it is second season... of manga, that is. First two (three) seasons covered first manga. Nidamie is like Rozario Vampire II or The Breaker New wave.
Old 2013-07-08, 02:33   Link #79
cyth
Banned

I had to rewatch Ogiue's stunt, her dedication and the way she portrayed her love for the hobby and the way she managed to convey it to others completely won me over. I would've joined her club in an instant.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 04:22   Link #80
kniteowl

Loving every bit of Genshiken Nidame's adaptations, I don't mind the recasting of the voices, it's not as bad as I thought it'd be, I'll just think of it as the Genshiken new generation which requires new voices.

I love the Monogatari References especially Madarame & Sue, she just randomly shows up to role play.

I agree with others, that Kuchiki just sounds too kool for his character, he's suppose to be annoying, but this in itself is interesting lol, he's now the kool annoying character lol.

Tags
club, comedy, subculture