synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 22:52   Link #4562
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
<sarcasm> Developers never lie. Nope, never. </sarcasm>
And yet nothing's been stated to contradict the fact. Until such a contradiction comes up, Lelouch is dead. End of story.
Old 2009-06-19, 23:26   Link #4563
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Well, for one thing, it doesn't make much sense for them to lie in this case. For now, I say "dead until conclusively proven otherwise" --- in the actual creators' intended canon, at least. If you want to think he's alive in your own personal canon, go ahead. There's certainly enough leeway for that.

In any case, personally, I think in general that unless something is definitely actually in the canon material, it's all up to personal interpretation. Even the creators' words can't and shouldn't really have an effect on what impressions one gets from the canon. I mean, think of English class --- half the meanings, etc, one pulls from those works have absolutely nothing to do with what the author really intended, but so long as you can give reasons for why you got those impressions, it doesn't really matter. Once someone releases a story into the world, it's no longer just theirs to interpret.

wait, why are we talking about this on the CC thread?
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 03:02   Link #4564
temp

is her name cecaniah corabelle?
temp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 03:27   Link #4565
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp View Post
is her name cecaniah corabelle?
No, it is not. "C.C." does not actually refer to C.C.'s original name. "C.C." refers to the Code she possesses; the nun she got it from was also known as C.C..
Old 2009-06-20, 12:43   Link #4566
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Whoa, wait what? When did they tell us that? It's an interesting idea, though.
Old 2009-06-21, 03:12   Link #4567
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No, it is not. "C.C." does not actually refer to C.C.'s original name. "C.C." refers to the Code she possesses; the nun she got it from was also known as C.C..
It's the same with V.V? I didn't knew about that, but it's pretty interesting...

So, C.C's name could be anything? Like... Mary Jane or something?
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 04:20   Link #4568
mearii
artsy fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
that's interesting.. so c.c. is not like an abbreviation of her real name like what others tell?? and the same goes for v.v.??
mearii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 04:48   Link #4569
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mearii View Post
that's interesting.. so c.c. is not like an abbreviation of her real name like what others tell?? and the same goes for v.v.??
Pretty much.
Old 2009-06-22, 11:35   Link #4570
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Another Campaign~

Okay! Once again, I am campaigning for C.C.

Arena 9
Mikuru vs C.C.

Last year, C.C. beat Mikuru. But as of late, Mikuru is showing she's the more powerful Haruhi character. Getting more vote than both Haruhi and Yuki. C.C. has gone rather well, but is at a disadvantage. She recently suffered a devestating loss to Kamio Misuzu from AIR. Someone who is far weaker than Mikuru. So I ask of you, please help with your votes so C.C. will not be utterly destroyed.

So please help by voting for C.C.!!!

Here:

http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/voting/

Image Support!

Also, please, if you can, support Holo (From Spice and Wolf) in Arena 2 (Against Konjiki no Yami from To Love-Ru), Aisaka Taiga (From Toradora!) in Arena 3 (Against Takamachi Nanoha from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha), Anya Alstriem (From Code Geass) in Arena 5 (Against Hakurei Reimu from the Touhou series), Kozuki Kallen (From Code Geass) in Arena 7 (Against Shinku from Rozen Maiden), Ryugu Rena (From Higurashi no naku koro ni/When They Cry) in Arena 8 (Against Mizunashi Akari from ARIA), Saber (From Fate/Stay Night) in Arena 16 (Against Suigintou from Rozen Maiden), Fate Testarossa (From Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha) in Arena 17 (Against Maria from Hayate no Gotoku), and finally, Furude Hanyu in Arena 28 (Against Sakagami Tomoyo from Clannad)

Thank you so much for your votes. I'm sorry for taking up your time. -bows kindly-
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 13:24   Link #4571
elite.s0ldier

Does c.c. know how to do origami?
elite.s0ldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 13:32   Link #4572
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Yes. She was making it with Nunnally in episode 5
Old 2009-06-22, 13:32   Link #4573
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
yes
nunnaly and her are shown making origami cranes in ep 5 of season 1

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-06-22 at 13:52.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 16:54   Link #4574
zongetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon
I'm positive-repping you solely because you didn't scream "Lelouch is alive!" like a lot of people who come here.
If he didnt scream it, I will. "LELOUCH IS ALIVE"

Well thats what i know. And why would you say that lelouch is dead in a CC thread? Thats almost as bad as saying he is alive in a Kallen thread.

One only chooses to live in their own small world if they cannot live in other worlds. Ive been to Kalulu land, Shirlulu and and unfortunately Suzalulu land and its not pretty. For one, contradictions exist in various spots that do no connect with one another. To solve something, things must connect to another however it wasnt always the case. I was pretty neutral on the case until i watched it about 5 times, took notes, and considered the extras.

Here are some contradictions that i guess no theory, exept him being alive could answer.

One is, why did only "god"/the world of C, respond after he achieved the highest level of geass?

Then as lelouch commanded charles to "BEGONE!" did he instantaneously disappear?

Then there is another contradiction? Lelouch said himself, in the same episode r2 ep 21 that he wishes for a tommorow. All dead conspirators say that he only wished to die, to deny himself the thing he wanted most. He said he wanted to live, he wanted a tommorow, now does that not contradict his own death in the end? Living to die?

Then all the Kaluluness and deadness. He told Kallen that she "must live on". It is stated I think, in the guide book that lelouch merely wanted her to fulfill her own dreams.

Then Okouchi...Im pretty sure he did not say that he was dead in his interview, merely that lelouch died to change the world.

Then you got this one little piece from a magazine that writes "with the death of lelouch(?) the world has changed."

Then you have the obvious one with the website saying that he is INDEED still alive. I mean, i had a ton of "dead conspirators" say that geass.jp isnt the official website, lmfao.

Then the most infamous, the one in the guide book that says lelouch never once thought CC as a lover or a mother figure...contradicts episode 24, when the actions were that of a kiss (kallen interupted it)

That "no love" contradicts his own words to "make CC smile". It is a metaphor as smiling only leads to CC's happiness hence, "making CC happy".

Which would contradict his death which would make her not happy. Which would contradict his own words to live, which would make everything screwed up.

Then again, you have that pretty new poster that came out recently. And lookie...who is that babe in the top left corner? And wait a minute, is that LELOUCH? And look at his clothes...white long sleeve shirt and black pants, JUST LIKE THE CART DRIVER?

So, you take the cart driver, minus the hat, face cover, blue over coat thingy and boom, lelouch.

Then again, it is never shown to us that a person with a code may not talk to those in the world of C without actually being present in the world of C. SO this theory killed.

HEY, ITS MY BUDDY CHARRED KNIGHT! LONG TIME NO SEE BUD. STILL CREATING HAVOC I SEE.
zongetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 17:24   Link #4575
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

ATTENTION.

PROMO PICTURES ARE NOW FIRM INDICATIONS OF WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN CANON.

*cough* sorry. In all seriousness, if you want to think Lelouch is alive, sure, he can be in your headcanon. But all of those 'points' you bring up have equally (possibly even moreso) plausible interpretations that don't end in him being alive. So. *shrug* I still say he's dead. Lucky me that my interpretation seems to match the creators' intentions in this case (it doesn't, usually... D
Old 2009-06-24, 12:43   Link #4576
zongetsu

I would love to hear them say "Kallen and Lelouch was a canon" Now that would be the day the world ended. (12/21/12).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow
But all of those 'points' you bring up have equally (possibly even moreso)plausible interpretations that don't end in him being alive.
Well, in the end, you can obviously say that. You can say that to anything. And, thats all you can pretty much say.

Lets see, lets flash back to r2 ep 21. Lets say that the only plausible way of him being dead is if the code just floated away. Somehow it managed to no? That would mean Charles really isnt so immortal anymore. Hence why he was disappearing.

But the thing that can completely counteract the possiblity is what previously happened. Lelouch OBVIOUSLY geass god/the world of C for the instant he achieved the "mature geass", time did not stop. (when i say mature geass, i mean geass in both eyes)

His own lines.

"Gods, human unconscious, do not stop the progress of time!"
*nothing happens* (single geass)

Later....

"even so i desire a tommorow!"
(geass matures) then instantaneously
*bing* *the sword of ashaka falls*

Obviously the gods reaction was connected to his geass. And as you should have interpreted it, he geassed the gods. That was his power because people are not equal and because of it he was allowed to. Now if god could fall under his control, im sure that a insignifigant code bearer could as well.

The world of C was getting rid of the hindrence that was "stopping the progress" of time. However lelouch let Charles grab him no? Even when Suzaku wanted to interfere lelouch said not to. THen we get the "BEGONE!" and he was gone. A reaction very similar to gods reaction. Instantaneous and after he achieved his matured geass.

It is because of what we saw happen, and then put it together. Just like where marianne told lelouch that she was protecting him by sending him to japan. *flashback to ep 14* send those away you love to protect them.

In all seriousness, more things make sense with him alive than dead. And you can interpret them both ways, however only one is logical, he lived.

Now here is the big question. Why would they promo a pic with lelouch being "oh so alive" when he is dead? WHy is he still not dead on the OFFICIAL website? WHy? Ill tell you, its because he isnt dead, he is ALIVE.

Lelouch set out to accomplish a couple things and he did in the end.
-Someone to protect nunnally
-"hide" Masscre princess Euphy from history
-Kind world for Nunnally
-Kallen now lives with her mom
-Japan is liberated
-the geass lineage ends
-to make CC "smile"
-Zero is a legend (THE MESSIAH?)
-concentrate world hate on him to break the chain of Hate

Everything happened as it did. Reasons for answers.

"lelouch, why are you lelouch? You kept your christian name but changed your family name to lamperouge. You couldnt let go of the past could you?"

He did.
zongetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 13:00   Link #4577
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by zongetsu View Post
In all seriousness, more things make sense with him alive than dead. And you can interpret them both ways, however only one is logical, he lived.

Now here is the big question. Why would they promo a pic with lelouch being "oh so alive" when he is dead? WHy is he still not dead on the OFFICIAL website? WHy? Ill tell you, its because he isnt dead, he is ALIVE.
nothing makes more sense then him dying
if he didnt then the whole "those who are allowed to shoot ..." line is meaningless (key character line)
he has the reslove to destroy the world and HIMSELF

lelouch was a magnificent basterd
he caused more destraction and suffering then anyone else in history (thats the whole point)
and he did this to create a better world by sacrificing himself
if he ended up cheating his way out in the end, then you can remove the magnificent part
he's just a prick

and posting a POSTER of lelouch's grave wouldnt sell the magazine as well now would it
Old 2009-06-24, 13:10   Link #4578
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Not getting into the "Lelouch is dead/alive" discussion again, because I think it's pretty pointless. His death has been confirmed, yet the staff either failed to notice that the ending would appear "open" to many fans or left it there on purpose. We can speculate and say that maybe Taniguchi doesn't care if Lelouch is dead or alive since he seems to be someone who enjoys leaving people to their own interpretation. We can even suspect a conspiracy.
In the end, it doesn't really matter, because it's pretty much canon that Lelouch is dead until we are told otherwise, and until then, I'll take the small loophole and go write fanfiction without having to feel that I'm writing an AU. Not that I mind AUs, but in this case, I like the "continuing the story" thingy. Side material may bite me for it, but at least I'm not contradicting the anime itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zongetsu View Post
Obviously the gods reaction was connected to his geass. And as you should have interpreted it, he geassed the gods. That was his power because people are not equal and because of it he was allowed to. Now if god could fall under his control, im sure that a insignifigant code bearer could as well.

The world of C was getting rid of the hindrence that was "stopping the progress" of time.
Just for the record, I think there's a big difference between "controlling the gods" and "asking the world of C to see things his way". As I understood it, Lelouch clearly did the latter, appealing to the collective will of mankind and acknowledging its vaildy, thus choosing a path neither his father nor Schneizel took because they didn't believe in humanity like Lelouch did.

Quote:
Now here is the big question. Why would they promo a pic with lelouch being "oh so alive" when he is dead?
For the same reason CLAMP enjoys drawing yaoi, maybe?
No, really, your interpretation is interesting and I love that picture, but saying that Lelouch being alive is the only logical option when one of the two men who created him in the first place clearly stated he died for the sake of his pride and to pay the price for his new world is definitely pushing it.

Edit:
And if he really lived somehow, he didn't do it on purpose. That would totally be throwing his whole character out of the window.
Old 2009-06-24, 13:15   Link #4579
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

the man is a CluClu fan who didnt get the memo
hence his line about lelouch X kallen being the end of the world
Old 2009-06-24, 13:19   Link #4580
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the man is a CluClu fan who didnt get the memo
hence his line about lelouch X kallen being the end of the world
Are you sure it's Cluclu?
There are other people who don't believe in Kalulu, after all.
Oh well. I don't care about this whole shipping business enough to take that in consideration when replying if it's only mentioned in one line.
I apparently care enough to go on about it for several pages in a row on other occasions, though; but hey, I'm a fangirl. I don't need to make sense. xD