AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-08-26, 20:27   Link #41
RaptorZX3

wow...such a waste of time when they rip BD episodes with FLAC audio...why they don't choose AAC or AC3 instead? since it have better quality than MP3, while not being paranoid about 100% perfect quality...

plus, AC3 and AAC take less space than FLAC format even in the highest quality...
Old 2009-08-26, 20:39   Link #42
speck123

^You could take up the issue with the offending groups, or just choose another release which wouldn't give you any of these problems.
Old 2009-08-26, 21:23   Link #43
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorZX3 View Post
wow...such a waste of time when they rip BD episodes with FLAC audio...why they don't choose AAC or AC3 instead? since it have better quality than MP3, while not being paranoid about 100% perfect quality...

plus, AC3 and AAC take less space than FLAC format even in the highest quality...
It's already been said, but they don't make these encodes for you, nor do they make them for people to play on their TVs or whatever. They're made for qualty nuts. You know, the people who are paranoid about 100% perfect quality?
Old 2009-08-27, 11:21   Link #44
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck123 View Post
On the contrary, ffmpeg does have an ac3 encoder. Been using it for encoding DVD's for years now.
mine didn't, but that was because I forgot I compiled it with --disable-encoders, hurf
which means I really don't get that error message
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2009-08-27, 11:56   Link #45
Dark Shikari
x264 Developer

Wow, so much stupid in this thread.

If you think "ffmpeg doesn't have a decoder for X", you are probably wrong, because it almost certainly does.

I can count the formats that ffmpeg doesn't decode (of formats that are actually used anywhere) on one hand.

Also, when someone asks you to paste the ffmpeg output so they can help you, paste the whole thing, not one (potentially misleading) error message.
Old 2009-09-02, 12:26   Link #46
Craymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It's already been said, but they don't make these encodes for you, nor do they make them for people to play on their TVs or whatever. They're made for qualty nuts. You know, the people who are paranoid about 100% perfect quality?
That's totally me lol. Fansubs have spoiled me horribly when it come to video quality. I can't even touch an xvid avi now...