AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-14, 08:17   Link #1141
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying-nano View Post
Baby Magnum looks alright, I guess. Objects are supposed to be balls of armor with a lot of guns so it's kind of hard to screw their look. I hope they actually portray how powerful they are in the anime, especially their speed. We also saw Ayami, the Old Maintenance Lady, but nothing really new. OP doesn't fit the series IMO.

Would it kill them to show anything in the PVs beyond the first chapter of the first novel? Baby Magnum in Alaska is cool and all, but at least show the Tri-Core and the Rush.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 10:04   Link #1142
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Would it kill them to show anything in the PVs beyond the first chapter of the first novel? Baby Magnum in Alaska is cool and all, but at least show the Tri-Core and the Rush.
I guess most anime debut PVs (excluding Fall Fes) stick to showing the first episode because that's the most material they've got done.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 10:18   Link #1143
Izumo
Banned

This is going to be really good and I hope people out there start reading the LN because almost everyone is entitled with Index even if HO can be better on some aspects.

For some reason I think this adaptation will have more than 20 episodes, obviously if the studio wants to do a good job without rushing things.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 11:27   Link #1144
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
This is going to be really good and I hope people out there start reading the LN because almost everyone is entitled with Index even if HO can be better on some aspects.

For some reason I think this adaptation will have more than 20 episodes, obviously if the studio wants to do a good job without rushing things.
I kind of agree. I have only read Heavy object until volume 3, but man it's epic. It has potential to be a great anime if they can pull it off right
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 23:37   Link #1145
SineMora
Wait for it...

Spoiler:

Upon seeing the Rush... I gotta salute Quenser who have humongous balls to ride (both inside and out) an Object... OF THE ENEMY, aside from harassing it's Elite.

HOW THE HELL DID HE MANAGE TO FIT HIS BALLS IN THE COCKPIT ANYWAY?!?!?
Too bad his dreams got shattered by reality. That Oh-ho-ho is actually NOT his ideal woman.

And it doesn't stop there, remember the great theft?

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-14, 23:40   Link #1146
Takeshi senpai

Decide, would you want a mecha or an object?
Takeshi senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 00:05   Link #1147
Izumo
Banned

Mechas and Gundams are overrated, Objects are much better than that.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 01:53   Link #1148
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Mechas and Gundams are overrated, Objects are much better than that.
Indeed, Object design is so refreshing after all those humanoid like (especially sword fighting) mecha.
Old 2015-08-15, 03:01   Link #1149
Lightpulsar

Great PV!

But shouldn't the Baby Magnum shoots seven different colors (different types of artillery) rather than one color (one type)?
Lightpulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 03:07   Link #1150
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Rainbow cannons?
Old 2015-08-15, 06:32   Link #1151
Lightpulsar

Not not necessarily that much differences, they just need to be slightly darker or lighter.

But what about rainbow? Rainbow cannons are GREAT!
Lightpulsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-15, 08:44   Link #1152
GotEffed2RageQuit

Laser is dark? It's made of light so it should be white. Or yellow. Anyway, up to what volume is the anime?
Old 2015-08-15, 10:39   Link #1153
LazyHunter

The special trick of Baby Magnum it's not that each of its 7 main cannons shoots a different weapon, it's that those cannons can swap what kind of weapon it's using like the chambers of a revolver. It can repeat the cannons. You can see it in action in the video here, which it's nice attention to detail.

The lasers in Heavy Object are kind of supposed to be closer to real life lasers than to the colored energy beams you usually see in fiction. Here's a description of a laser weapon in the first volume:
Quote:
Specifically, it was coming from a part on the surface of the spherical body that looked like a planetarium lens. Hundreds of laser beams then shot from it like a folding fan pointed forward. The orange lines this made were likely created by the dust or moisture in the air being burned.
So they should be orange. Maybe those are supposed to be plasma cannons. Or beam cannons, which are based on electrons so a bluish white like they have in the novels would be perfect.

Then again J.C Staff changed the color of Mugino's beams in Index from bluish white to green despite the fact that those being electron-based was a plot point.

Last edited by LazyHunter; 2015-09-02 at 11:16.
Old 2015-08-15, 11:07   Link #1154
GotEffed2RageQuit

cue sisters arc. and putana is scary, controlling the object underwater.
Old 2015-08-15, 21:46   Link #1155
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Spoiler:

Upon seeing the Rush... I gotta salute Quenser who have humongous balls to ride (both inside and out) an Object... OF THE ENEMY, aside from harassing it's Elite.

HOW THE HELL DID HE MANAGE TO FIT HIS BALLS IN THE COCKPIT ANYWAY?!?!?
Too bad his dreams got shattered by reality. That Oh-ho-ho is actually NOT his ideal woman.

And it doesn't stop there, remember the great theft?
Man when I glanced on it they don't look that scary and more like all those mobs mechs you've seen on your usual sci-fi movie/animu. Then I realized their size..then their amount of guns and cannons and then the technology setting in the novel...

I can really see why people were utterly afraid of Objects before Quenser blowed up Water Strider. Humans can't definitely oppose that

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 05:35   Link #1156
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Heavy Object Volume 10: Outer Gods Cover:

Synopsis:

「……狂ってる」
 ギガントハスラー。それは四つの世界的勢力が各々自慢のオブジェクトを持ち込み、総勢八機入り乱れての巨 大な合同軍事演習。もちろん演習なんて名ばかりで、実際に行われるのは本物の殺し合い。オブジェクト八機の バトルロイヤルを前に、お姫さまことミリンダ・ブランティーニは額に手を当てて、もう一度呟く 。
「まったくかんぺきに狂ってる」
 一方のクウェンサーは、完全にぶんむくれたお姫様の機嫌を取り戻せと使命を帯びる。 失敗はオブジェクトの支援中断を意味するぞ! 新型兵器の見本市へ決死のデートに挑む彼の運命はいかに……。
 そして前人未踏のお祭り騒ぎの裏側では、「邪神の名」を冠する男が蠢いているらしく……。近未来アクショ ン!

Also:

Heavy Object A Manga Volume 1 Cover:

Old 2015-09-09, 07:52   Link #1157
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"...This is nuts."

The Giganto Hustler. This is a massive joint military exercise involving eight Objects sent by each of the four world powers. Of course, they call it so, but what will actually happen is an outright slaughter between the participants. Before this eight-way Object battle royale could begin, the ladylike Milinda Brantini tapped her forehead and muttered those words again.

"This is totally nuts."

Meanwhile, Quenser is given another mission just after doing the annoyed Princess a favor. To fail means that her Object would be cut off from any assistance! And how did he meet the fate of being challenged into a certain-death date in a new weapons trade fair?

And in the other side of an unprecedented festival disturbance, a man given the "Evil God's Name" sneaks itself in...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 08:05   Link #1158
LazyHunter

The four global powers are participating for a total of eight Objects, so I guess two for each one and we already know two of them. It was kind of obvious that Oh ho ho wasn't going to miss this party, but I'm curious if Baby Magnum is going to get another Object supporting her in an Object battle for more than a few paragraphs before getting one-shotted by a cool enemy Object. (I'm skimming the earlier novels while I help in the wiki and yesterday reached the Break Carrier part, hope they do it justice in the anime).

It was also obvious this wasn't going to be a friendly competition. This is Technopics v2, only instead of athletes and black ops teams we have 8 Objects.
Old 2015-09-09, 09:09   Link #1159
hinotori

Well,the first 2 chapter are already published in Dengeki Magazine. Here is the information about the Objects. and one illust.

And about the "Evil God's Name"...

Spoiler for Spoiler.:
hinotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 10:02   Link #1160
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh, so that's why this volume is entitled "The Outer Gods".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen