AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-06, 03:29   Link #21
PzIVf3

This 4 nation landed in Japan doesnt make me sense. there is no boundary war ongoing on like Israel invaded by Muslim countries, no terrorist activities, no civil war, no mutiny. What could have cause?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-06, 03:51   Link #22
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This show... the only thing that isn't making me shaking my head is the ED...
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-06, 05:20   Link #23
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yea, unless later episodes reveal that Japan is rich with new type of resources or something, it doesn't make sense that countries are fighting over the ruined nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
This 4 nation landed in Japan doesnt make me sense. there is no boundary war ongoing on like Israel invaded by Muslim countries, no terrorist activities, no civil war, no mutiny. What could have cause?
You're oversimplifying the conflict & leaning too much on one side in that bolded part.
Old 2021-10-06, 08:07   Link #24
PzIVf3

[QUOTE=Obelisk ze Tormentor You're oversimplifying the conflict & leaning too much on one side in that bolded part.[/QUOTE]

Its way better sense for the story what are they fighting for and love for their country. They could simply the Japan was lost in the war after and divided into 4 part of nation.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-06, 12:16   Link #25
Magewolf

I guess this is supposed to be the Japanese equivalent of Red Dawn and it makes about as much sense.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 07:04   Link #26
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://mechacatalogue.com/2021/03/1...l-kit-line-up/

Old news, but Bandai will look into making HG kits of AMAIMs.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 07:37   Link #27
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Indeed. People are already reviewing the kits:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-10-09, 10:30   Link #28
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I was scratching my head on the whole invasion of Japan thing. The weakening of society was fine. That actually made sense with several factors coming together. But that countries started fighting each other over it and are spending a lot of resources to hold a military presence in Japan seems...odd.
Maybe the show will bring it up over the course of later episodes.

Hopefully something that makes sense; like this universe Japan's sitting on a giant resource deposit they don't know about, but which other countries know about and want to hold sole army presence to exploit it all for themselves.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 11:51   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post

Hopefully something that makes sense; like this universe Japan's sitting on a giant resource deposit they don't know about, but which other countries know about and want to hold sole army presence to exploit it all for themselves.
That doesn't make a lot of sense either, though... Japan isn't populated by stone age hunter gatherers.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 12:39   Link #30
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post

That’s been done to death already. I hope it’s more interesting like maybe these AI are the real treasure.
Old 2021-10-09, 15:11   Link #31
Eraea

Calling out that a probable reason those countries decided to invade JPN might just be because of the autonomous AIs like Gai and the AMAIMs like Kenbu, since the Kenbu seem to have op armor which regular commissioned ammunition to drone type AMAIMs couldn't pierce
Eraea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 20:17   Link #32
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraea View Post
Calling out that a probable reason those countries decided to invade JPN might just be because of the autonomous AIs like Gai and the AMAIMs like Kenbu, since the Kenbu seem to have op armor which regular commissioned ammunition to drone type AMAIMs couldn't pierce
But making super weapons does not really go with a country that economically collapsed and needed help from the outside to survive as stated in the first episode.

At the moment it reads like a certain strain of Japanese political thought. That the current government is leading them to ruin and the rest of the world is just waiting for an excuse to tear them down.

Hopefully it will move away from that as the show goes on.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 04:35   Link #33
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Getting a backstory dump at the very beginning of the episode did not work for me =0\. The whole occupation with citizens being treated like whatever and a random no-name mook wanting to use kids for a minor promotion gives the episode this silly cartoonish vibe that I can't say I like in such a mecha series. Definitely feels like one of Sunrise's "gotta sell some more mech kits" anime.

I will say that the automatous AI reminds me a lot of the recently ended Vivy Flourite Eye's Song and that's kinda inspiring me to continue to watch. Doubtful if it'll accomplish it, but I hope to experience the same kind of companionship the AI in that story and its main protagonist again, at the very least. Maybe the story will flesh itself out a bit more after a few episodes too.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 04:52   Link #34
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
At the moment it reads like a certain strain of Japanese political thought. That the current government is leading them to ruin and the rest of the world is just waiting for an excuse to tear them down.
Indeed, this victim syndrome is at the heart of Japan's right-wing nationalism and really, the whole Nippon Kaigi ideology can't exist without it. It's both uniquely Japanese and closely related to other reactionary political movements worldwide.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 05:03   Link #35
Eraea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
But making super weapons does not really go with a country that economically collapsed and needed help from the outside to survive as stated in the first episode.
True, but it's not like the developed mechs have to be funded by the country it was built on.
It's kind of like what happened in Gundam Seed I think, where the Gundams were developed in a neutral area not-so secretly by a different country and that said neutral area just got all the crap hit them.

Hoping it's a different reason in the end, though I don't think it'll be a good one anyway.
Eraea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-11, 17:08   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The MC gets sheltered by kind strangers episode. Most of the time they turn out to be his enemies but here they were literally whos.
Old 2021-10-12, 00:04   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

An understandable 2nd episode, gives time to develop the protagonist, so I'm not gonna say they made the wrong decision. But it was more or less just an extension of the first episode's story, so nothing exciting happened. Finally more main characters next time, so let's have hopes.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-12, 00:19   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Episode wasn't bad. Kind of nice to move past the questionable basis for the military occupation and just move right into it being the reality.

The nice old people were kind of refreshing compared to the very hyper AI that dominated the discussion in the first part of the episode. Too bad about their boat. But they weren't ever going to use it again so it's all good I guess.
Old 2021-10-13, 01:56   Link #39
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Nice episode, heart warming and all, if weren't for all the death flags that got raised all over the place.
Promises like this is dangerous, and this is when we already the ED telegraphing MC's death.

Speaking of ED, it continues to be the best part of this show. This ED is just so good.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-13, 03:43   Link #40
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Like others have said, this is a good episode where we spent some time settle down eploring characters but it's not witout action. The MC continues to be root-able and the time that he spent with the old couple is a nice respite considering the shitty events that happened to him. He you reall needed to get that "charge time" to keep on going especially for a good-natured lad like him. The couple are good and the police seems to be reasonable too.

As for the battles, I'm glad that Gai-Amou didn't just steamroll the oposition with their Kenbu. The show is being more reasonable by portraying that despite Kenbu's great performance, the newbie still got overwhelmed by a squad of professionals at the end of the day. Fortunately, our next protag came to the resue.

Also, hello there, Char-clone-guy! I was expecting this show to have one. After all, a mecha show where only humans battling wouldn't be complete without a rival/frenemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Speaking of ED, it continues to be the best part of this show. This ED is just so good.
I also think the OP is good enough to get the audience pumped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So how long do you think until the MC and his group get their version of the White Base?
Welp, instead of White Base, Amou got himself a fishing boat and it didn't last long .

Tags
mecha, sci fi