AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-04, 07:25   Link #81
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think he's just jealous that Smith gets to have a fun holiday when he himself is forced to be inside this stupid robot that his sense of duty won't let him get out of.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-05, 09:19   Link #82
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Gotta say the first time I saw this series I thought it was Top Gun but with more homoerotic undertones. The robot doesn't help.

Oh god! Now I get that meme.....
*Cross Ange: Daddy I am a lesbian!
*Mazinger Z: What?!
*Witch From Mercury: I am also a lesbian!
*Mazinger: Does anybody here like men?!
*Bravern: ........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-02-05 at 10:26.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-05, 10:33   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Didn't Ange get a boyfriend?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-05, 11:02   Link #84
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Didn't Ange get a boyfriend?
She was into polyamory at the end if I recall right .
Old 2024-02-05, 16:54   Link #85
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I haven't laugh so hard at a punch like that since Love Hina, Lulu got some serious spin off of Asami
XD
Old 2024-02-05, 17:29   Link #86
Dextro
He Without a Title

So... Let's see if I'm not going crazy. Lulu was 100% inside superbia in episode 2 and got spit out after that fight right? My bet is that she was "grown" inside that mecha and that explains why she doesn't have a working digestive system. Or that weird metal in her arm.
Old 2024-02-05, 17:39   Link #87
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

That would explain her mentality despite her physical age

Spoiler for That was certainly a mood whiplash:
Old 2024-02-05, 20:46   Link #88
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So... Let's see if I'm not going crazy. Lulu was 100% inside superbia in episode 2 and got spit out after that fight right? My bet is that she was "grown" inside that mecha and that explains why she doesn't have a working digestive system. Or that weird metal in her arm.
Yes, you can see a capsule ejected from Superbia after the fight.

But about grown inside Superbia, probably not.

I also thought the same but after re-watching it, it seems Superbia used the capsule for power-up, unlock his finishing move similar to how Bravern didn't need Isami to move around but he need him to access finishing move.
Old 2024-02-06, 04:38   Link #89
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
That would explain her mentality despite her physical age
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Yes, you can see a capsule ejected from Superbia after the fight.

But about grown inside Superbia, probably not.

I also thought the same but after re-watching it, it seems Superbia used the capsule for power-up, unlock his finishing move similar to how Bravern didn't need Isami to move around but he need him to access finishing move.
The characters in the show speculated that she would have been fed by the same goo that Asami got submerged in during the underwater fight so it tracks that she probably went into the mecha very early in her life (to the point where she didn't ever learn language or had solid food).

The alternative to her having been born inside the mecha is her going in as a newborn. It is possible that the show is building up to some Matrix-style twist where these alien mechas use humans as batteries but I would put my money on the aliens generating artificial humans for their power ups so they can get the same power up as Bravern.

One thing's for sure: I would put money on Bravern itself not telling the entire truth. Either cause he wants to specifically hide it or, a little less likely, that he doesn't even realize that he's lying (amnesia maybe? subconscious conditioning?)
Old 2024-02-06, 09:42   Link #90
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Fifth episode PV up:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-06, 10:42   Link #91
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Fifth episode PV up:

Is that a tokusatsu show? Is that where Lewis fell in love with being a hero ?

The tone is more jubilant than I expected unless it's building up to the ending...also Hibiki's jiggling Hibiki's !
Old 2024-02-08, 06:33   Link #92
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Caught up with the anime. Gotta say, I'm kinda confused with the pacing. I mean... Isamu is acting like some sort of jealous boyfriend but he barely knows Smith... That or the whole bluehaired girl also feels a bit rushed. And why is the robot so handsome?!
Old 2024-02-08, 13:33   Link #93
Frontier

It's off to Japan! And of course you've got two girls debating the best style of catapult in a mecha show .

Lulu has a haircut! And only that, she's learning to speak through watching tokusatsu shows! One that looks and sounds very similar to Bravern in fact! Though Lewis being an American tokusatsu fan explains so, so much .

Bravern just had to end the briefing with an "BRAVERN!!!" huh ?

The Japanese cast are feeling the pressure of what's happening to their homeland, but Isami is trying to put up a brave face for everyone...though you can tell he's feeling the pressure, and Lewis notices it. It's just too awkward between them to have a conversation over .

But while Bravern is Isami's soulmate and sworn companion, he seems very keen on Lewis and Isami patching things up and he wants Lewis to be there for Isami when he can't be. It's nice to see Bravern knows when to give Isami space .

Look at Hibiki's Hibiki's while she's running !

Okay, so Bravern has a giant 3D printer he's been making statues with and like his own little corner with his face plastered on a wall...and he thinks Lewis will need to know about this in the future? Also he made the tokusatsu hero all on his own. Something seems up .

What better way for two men to communicate than with their fits? That's right, it's a boxing match between Isami and Lewis with Pullman refereeing! And we even get the two of them with their bodies pressed together and writhing on the ground. Miyu is super into that .

But the plan wasn't just to have a boxing match but to let Isami vent out his feelings, complete with Satake having Bravern use a FRIKKIN MICROPHONE to broadcast to the entire Allied Forces how hard Isami is taking having to fight for everyone and feeling responsible for the lives of his comrades. He's not alone in this but he doesn't want to lose anyone else, and his comrades feel the same about him, especially Lewis! And it's that emotional honestly that let the two men patch things up...even though Isami wins the match !

Well, it's great that Isami and Lewis are getting along again, and Lulu respects Isami...even if she's still strong enough to punt him over the ship and lose said respect afterwards. Sorry, Isami .

The Death Diver general is laying waste to Japan! And the worst part? It seems like those "Ga-ga-pi" line Lulu says are the Death Divers' language !!!
Old 2024-02-08, 13:54   Link #94
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Maybe the Death Drives motives are more harvesting possible candidates for biological components for mass production then destroying a race, I mean look at Lulu.
And I don't know why but I'm getting some serious Ingram Pliskin vibes from Bravern.
Old 2024-02-08, 15:12   Link #95
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Something seems up .
The Lewis=Bravern theory got a lot stronger this episode.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 15:32   Link #96
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
Maybe the Death Drives motives are more harvesting possible candidates for biological components for mass production then destroying a race, I mean look at Lulu.
And I don't know why but I'm getting some serious Ingram Pliskin vibes from Bravern.
This is the equivalent of saying there may be a Euzeth Gattso out there somewhere.
This can be very entertaining base on past experiences when Oobari pulled a Euzeth.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 16:41   Link #97
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The Lewis=Bravern theory got a lot stronger this episode.
Yeah. Everything is pointing that way. They even zoomed out on Lewis' crossarm pose to show it matches Bravern's in the wall art. But I love hints like this. Can't wait to see how it happens.

The show continues to impress. Frieren is around and is awesome, but this is the one I look forward to the most each week.
Old 2024-02-08, 21:58   Link #98
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Isamu is acting like some sort of jealous boyfriend but he barely knows Smith.
Well, he is jealous. He bluntly said it when he caught Smith and Lulu naked.
He's an ace pilot but his career ruined, he got tortured and humiliated, while Smith get closer to the girls despite doing nothing.

Bravern being time-traveled Lewis would explain Bravern confidence on Isami skill, how Bravern can assure Lulu is the girl name and she's not an enemy, also absence of Bravern in ED song which is weird for a super robot show.
Old 2024-02-09, 07:15   Link #99
Gunpla King
Gunpla Builder & Battler

if Bravern is a roboticized future Lewis then we basically have a Madoka Magica plot twist just with the mecha genre.
- Gundam Build Fighters Try
- Gundam Build Divers
- Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise
- Gundam Build Real
- Gundam Breaker
- Gundam Build Metaverse
Gunpla King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-09, 07:50   Link #100
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-inada/.207370

Tetsu Inada is Cupiridas in case no one knows.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, super robot