4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.68%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-17, 17:47   Link #241
Juvyniled

Why nobody seems to recognize a person based on their hair color is beyond me

That whole first love deal isn't a real 'love' affair. It's more of what childhood friends do during their adolescent years, like when they say "I'm going to marry you when I grow up". It typically doesn't end up as a serious scenario (only in anime though ).

I agree with quina. Lelouch has practically broken off his relationship with Shirley after the whole incident involving Mao. It is Shirley who keeps coming back to him as a major hindrance. Though, I don't think it's jealously that she was feeling when she saw him apparently flirting with a girl. She's more concerned with that letter and how it relates to Lelouch, and that Lelouch is really avoiding her or they never have the chance to talk.

And why they only recognized Euphemia after the hat flew off.... No clue I guess a hat is a very good disguise, no? And it's not often that a Britannian like Shirley gets to see a princess in public, so her reaction is quite natural.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:08   Link #242
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Errrrr love? you sure? In this episode we just learn that euphie and nunally had some discussion over who would be lelouch's bride but nothing says lelouch loved euphemia( well he did love her as a sister I think).
....read the part in the bracket please. Its from the interview of "you know who". (see spoiler trend for details)
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:17   Link #243
Asianknight82
Banned

Euphemia is too naive, she just pissed off all of brittania and Lelouche, she's gonna get a bullet between the eyes now.
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:19   Link #244
Nvis
Where are the good animes

^
I hope not, she's my favorite character atm...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 20:32   Link #245
Juvyniled

Well, on the positive side, I suppose the show would be more interesting if Euphemia dies
Old 2007-03-17, 20:54   Link #246
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Just saw the episode. This "flash of light" (Y-M subs) & 3rd generation KF that Marianne piloted......she was also a soldier?(And regarding her death...)

Just found this tid-bit discussion between Lloyd & Millay quite interesting.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 21:09   Link #247
Juvyniled

Can't confirm that she's a soldier, but she was a test pilot for Frames.
Old 2007-03-17, 22:44   Link #248
velvet nightmare

she's honestly just out there for suzaku's approval

that's why she was so eager to find him and tell him about it
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 22:52   Link #249
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
she's honestly just out there for suzaku's approval

that's why she was so eager to find him and tell him about it
Exactly-Which is why it is unbefitting of her-To act as a teenager as she is, disregarding her royalty/leader status and what it brings. I suppose one can deem it a 'process of maturing as a leader', and I don't envision Cornelia being too happy or defensive of such a policy either. Even then, as many have said, she should have consulted others first that are considered more experienced and well-tuned to decide whether such a move is truly wise at this point in time or not.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 22:58   Link #250
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Exactly-Which is why it is unbefitting of her-To act as a teenager as she is, disregarding her royalty/leader status and what it brings. I suppose one can deem it a 'process of maturing as a leader', and I don't envision Cornelia being too happy or defensive of such a policy either. Even then, as many have said, she should have consulted others first that are considered more experienced and well-tuned to decide whether such a move is truly wise at this point in time or not.
well, she may have meant to originally. 0_o

at the beginning it certainly did sound like she was just going to find Suzaku and tell him about it. but then there's the riot and she lets the adrealine get the better of her. and now everything's going to go to hell. >:3
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:10   Link #251
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well, she may have meant to originally. 0_o

at the beginning it certainly did sound like she was just going to find Suzaku and tell him about it. but then there's the riot and she lets the adrealine get the better of her. and now everything's going to go to hell. >:3
Ah. But perhaps you missed my expectant line about this:

Quote:
she should have consulted others first that are considered more experienced and well-tuned to decide whether such a move is truly wise at this point in time or not.
I don't consider Suzaku to be 'experienced' in politics, not when all he's been doing is smash robots and want to make sure that the enemies of the crown stop disturbing this peace under oppression. Perhaps someone like Schneizel or even Cornelia. She may be disappointed with the outcome, yes, but at least it will teach her a good lesson in politics and further hone her to be a better politician.

Well, it is anime, after all, so I'm aware that she's probably going to get her way...For the time being.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:16   Link #252
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Well Euphemia actually "consulted" with Schneizel before departing for school, and wanted to speak with Suzaku and Lelouch on the matter as well. I doubt that it was in her original plan to bring the news to the media at the first chance she got, but that is just way things turned out.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:24   Link #253
Juvyniled

Oh she definitely consulted Schneizel, and that they don't have "bad blood" between them, Schneizel used her well. Given that it was going to look bad for whoever announced it, Schneizel deceptively agreed to the proposal. Schneizel probably would've done something similar himself to undermine the rebels' efforts, but that would've given him a bad rep. So it was all too fitting to have his sister take all the blame while passing an ordinance that would benefit him.

This will be a "good" if not crucial lesson for Euphemia to build upon... that is if she doesn't come out a corpse as a result.
Old 2007-03-17, 23:26   Link #254
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Well well, this is one of the more witty episodes I've seen out. A few scenes I absolutely loved.

Cecile was so cute in this episode <3 Knock that Lloyd look alike out of his misery XD. This deserves a 10 simply for that.

CC's obsession with pizza. OH NOES! She has a more agonizing look than when she shot Mao.

Britainnians are into COSPLAY?! (Y-M subs 4:33) Cosplay Lancelot XD

and that poor girl that Lelouch tested his geass on is still under the influence XD
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:42   Link #255
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
This will be a "good" if not crucial lesson for Euphemia to build upon... that is if she doesn't come out a corpse as a result.
As much as plenty of people would probably want to kill Euphemia to end this foolishness, Lelouch and others know the rammifications of playing out such a scenario. I'm sure there are bigger and better ways to solve this problem...
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 23:46   Link #256
Juvyniled

I'm not saying I want to see Euphemia die, nor do I believe Lelouch would want that upon her as well. But he is definitely pissed that Euphemia would pull such a thing on him. He knows that if he doesn't set her in her place, she could be a recurring nightmare just as Shirley is (though he has no clue what Shirley is going through right now).

However, this will be one of the few eventful moments where Lelouch has to be cruel to rather innocent people.
Old 2007-03-17, 23:59   Link #257
Asianknight82
Banned

IMO, all of the royalty is going to die, cept for nunnally at the end. I just have that feeling. Yes, including lelouche
Asianknight82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 00:43   Link #258
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
Man I sick of this crap about Yuffie=Lacus and Suzaku=Kira, honestly the characters are so freaking different there is no relation besides the pink haired princess and her brown haired mech riding savior. Lacus and Kira and characters made to be with near little fault, Suzaku and Yuffie have more faults then any other two characters in the whole show. both sets of characters may be trying to obtain the same things but that's where the line gets drawn, Suzaku is completely misguided in his beliefs and ideals and we all know Yuffie is just far to naive for her own good.

Honestly I'm really getting sick of people talking about all the Yuffie/Lacus and Suzaku/Kira crap, they may have been somewhat valid early on but now it's really nothing more then topic filling nonsense.

Anyway, now that I've seen the sub I really have to say that Yuffie is going to get screwed in the next two episodes one way or another, obviously her plan won't work out, how exactly we don't know but honestly I hope Yuffie does live through it all.
No Suzaku is actually Amuro Ray since they both have brown hair and increbile dodging skills and in reality Euphemia is the adult version of Chibi-Usa the Small Lady since they both have pink hair and use an umbrella as a parachute and live in a white palace.

@ Claudius way back when in the thread:

If that's enough to train wreck a show than every anime is hanging on by a thread at all times. Or perhaps you think since you've found something you can relate to Gundam Seed Destiny that had nothing to due with its failure that you've found a dooming flaw in this show. (What the heck is a "Dooming Flaw"? I ask myself)
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 00:50   Link #259
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Euphemia is the adult version of Chibi-Usa the Small Lady since they both have pink hair and use an umbrella as a parachute and live in a white palace.
Oh noes..! A pink haired Mary Poppins! Next thing you know, she'll be having kids singing all over the place
Old 2007-03-18, 01:06   Link #260
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Well, it is anime, after all, so I'm aware that she's probably going to get her way...For the time being.
more like 10 minutes.

oh, next week should be fun. Euphie's plan falls apart, hundreds of people die, etc. now we just wait to see how much blame can be pegged on Lelouch for the debacle.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote