AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-04, 15:07   Link #1
wontaek

2009 Best Moe Tournament Female division

Separate thread for the female division needs to be created due to substantial rule changes that have gone into effect.

First the Skinny

Absolutely no campaign posts allowed.

This includes posts containing ANY campaign verbiage whether in whole or in part. Contributing to the debate is encouraged, provided you do NOT add "VOTE ABCD!!!" (or similar to the post itself). Simply rebutting another's post or opinion with "XYZ sucks" is totally unacceptable.

To be clear:

* Please do not create a post with the sole purpose to campaign for a character!
* Do not add “VOTE FOR XYZ CHARACTER!!” anywhere in your post even if the intent isn't to purely campaign.

We want intelligent, decent and fun discussions about the weekly Rounds and the subsequent winners & losers.

* No Image campaigning.
Do not create a post with an image or collage representation of a campaign poster. In other words: a PhotoShopped image of the character you want people to vote for with “vote for” text added to it.

Posting Etiquette:

* Please do not cross post information about this tournament in other AnimeSuki threads except those which are related to moe tournaments.
Keep all Anime Best moe Tournament posts, campaigns, character information, voting links, etc., within this thread only or in your signature (signature size limits still apply).

* No "meta-posting".
Meaning: posting about another poster, the thread or about another post itself, is forbidden and will be deleted on-the-spot, regardless of intention. If you want to comment about another poster that’s off-topic and/or personal, send them a PM.

* Any flame-baiting will be deleted and those people banned.
Please keep the thread positive, fun and clean. If your choice doesn’t win the Round and you can’t discuss the fact without complaining, swearing and baiting people into arguments, then don’t post.

* Do not create image only posts.
You can, however, include an image with your discussion. If you want to visually support the character you’re voting for then please do so in the context of your original discussion and use only one or two images. We would encourage the use of “thumbnails” if possible (and please, no large images).
Please use Spoiler tags if you wish to post a non-thumbnailed image
--PM the mods if you need help with posting thumbnail images or using any of the tags.
Old 2009-07-04, 15:08   Link #2
wontaek

There no longer is the need to download a code generator.

As for other important announcements, please refer to following page.

http://moet.anizone.net/?Phase=&lang=eng

Current IP : (KMA)
Current Delay Time :
Current Time (KST) : 2009-07-05 05:03:49
Notice
Anizone Moe Tournament Forum

Matchup
Voting Place
Result of Current
Result of Previous
Overall Result
Tournament Information

* What is voting delay time?
Voting delay time has been put in place to minimize multi-voting from a specific region.
If you are voting for the first time, then you can vote after one hour you log on.
Everyday you log on, your delay time decreases by 2 minutes. You do not have to stay in this page the whole time.
Main
You can learn about basic knowledge about Moe Tournaments as well as check important notices about Best Moe Tournament.

What is Best Moe Tournament?
Held since 2006, Best Moe Tournament is a character popularity contest. There is Male Division for winter and Female Division for summer.
Participating contestants include characters from anime (new TVA series, Movie, OVA, etc.) broadcasted in Korea or Japan.
(Refer to Tournament Information category for more detailed information about eligibility.)

Best Moe Tournament is not just a simple popularity contest; it looks forward to anime fans celebrating and sharing different characteristics and qualities of various characters. We do not want Best Moe Tournament to be used as a tool to measure a character's popularity but as a place to share what different qualities each character possesses. We wish it to be a place where people can meet and communicate with others that they would usually not be able to.
Please use Moe Tournament Forum in order for this to occur.

The purpose of Best Moe Tournament is to find fun and enjoyment while voting, not to get obsessed with the result itself.
We hope you find your own way of having fun in this tournament!

2009 Best Moe Tournament Female Division Schedule

Date Event Detail

09/07/03 List of participating characters announced List of participating characters in 2009 Best Moe Tournament Female Division will be announced.

09/07/08 Matchup schedule for Preliminary Round 1 announced Matchup schedule for Preliminary Round 1 will be announced.

09/07/12 Start of Preliminary Round 1 Total 96 Groups. You can vote up to three characters per group. Top 12 characters from each group will advance to Preliminary Round 2.

09/07/24 Start of Preliminary Round 2 Total 96 Groups, 1152 characters. Top 3 characters from each group will advance to Preliminary Round 3. 4th and 5th place finishers will proceed to Repechage Round.

09/08/05 Start of Preliminary Round 3 Total 72 Groups, 288 characters. 1st place from each group will advance to Round of 96. Rest will proceed to Repechage Round.

* Note: There will be a break from August 8 ~ August 9.

09/08/26 Repechage Round Total 24 Groups. 1st place from each group will advance to Round of 96.

09/08/29 Round of 96 Total 32 Groups, 3 characters per group. 1st place from each group will advance to Round of 32.

09/09/10 Round of 32 1:1 Tournament

09/09/19 Round of 16 1:1 Tournament

09/09/28 Quarterfinals 1:1 Tournament

09/10/02~04 Holiday Break Korean Thanksgiving Break

09/10/5 Semifinals 1:1 Tournament

09/10/08~09 Final 1:1 Tournament, determines the champion of 2009 Best Moe Tournament Female Division.

* The schedule can be changed if necessary.

Past Tournament Record

2009 Best Moe Tournament Male Division : Winner - Mukuro Rokudo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!) / Runner-up - Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji)
2008 Best Moe Tournament Female Division : Winner - Horo (Spice and Wolf) / Runner-up - Kyou Fujibayashi (CLANNAD)
2008 Best Moe Tournament Male Division : Winner - Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass) / Runner-up - Toshiro Hijikata (Gintama)
2007 Best Moe Tournament Female Division : Winner - Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate the Combat Butler) / Runner-up - Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
2007 Best Moe Tournament Male Division : Winner - Kyon (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya) / Runner-up - Toshiro Hijikata (Gintama)
2006 Best Moe Tournament Female Division : Winner - Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden) / Runner-up - Eri Sawachika (School Rumble)

This page is optimized for Firefox 3.
This page is for English Language. Other languages page - 한국어 / 日本語 / 汉语

Old 2009-07-04, 15:16   Link #3
wontaek

Right now, Character List Check is under way. Please click on to following link and tell us whether you spot any error or missing character.

http://moet.anizone.net/CharList.php
Old 2009-07-04, 15:47   Link #4
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'm pretty sure I brought this up last year, but isn't this contest for those characters that have appeared on screen during a specific timeframe or specific section of a series (such as an OVA or specific season)?

I'm seeing characters that I would think wouldn't be within though bounds due to them not appearing within the last year, but I could be mistaken.
Old 2009-07-04, 22:40   Link #5
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm pretty sure I brought this up last year, but isn't this contest for those characters that have appeared on screen during a specific timeframe or specific section of a series (such as an OVA or specific season)?

I'm seeing characters that I would think wouldn't be within though bounds due to them not appearing within the last year, but I could be mistaken.
According to Best Moe rule, any character that appeared in the series that aired between July 1st 2008 and June 30th 2009 is eligible. So, if School Rumble OVA came out within the indicated time frame, any character that appeared in School Rumble series at any time is eligible. This is why we have rather long list for long running series like Naruto and One Piece. If the character is deemed too minor, however, she may not be included unless we receive multiple petition for inclusion of the character. The decision regarding being too minor is based on several criterion which is rather long to list here, but we have the character list check phase to include those we have omitted but you feel deserving of spot in the Best Moe. We also accept petition to omit a listed character as well, but we would like to see such petition with well written reasons and having support of multiple people; in other word, the process is designed to make listing a new character easier than removing a character, so please be forewarned.
Old 2009-07-07, 13:19   Link #6
wontaek

Grouping announcements within 24 hours.
Old 2009-07-07, 23:57   Link #7
wontaek

Grouping has been announced. Please check the group from the following link

http://moet.anizone.net/index.php?Ph...tList&lang=eng
Old 2009-07-09, 01:02   Link #8
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Who is in spot number 1 of group 1? The list starts at number 2.
Old 2009-07-09, 01:16   Link #9
uis

Hmmm who is number 1 wonteak ???
Someone is missing... su~

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2009-07-10, 01:24   Link #10
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Hmmm who is number 1 wonteak ???
Someone is missing... su~

Number 1 was removed for it was ruled that the contestant was ineligible. I also believe there were other technical issues involved. So, there just isn't a # 1.
Old 2009-07-10, 01:37   Link #11
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Who was number one then?
Old 2009-07-10, 14:52   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I hate this timer thing, but I'll have to live with it. All this means is I'll have to remember to vote twice a day, once to activate the timer and twice to actually vote.
Old 2009-07-11, 01:22   Link #13
imbehindyou
turn around...

Seems like waiting time is decreased to 30 minutes for everybody.
So. It starts tomorrow.

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2009-07-11, 05:36   Link #14
wontaek

Today's match

Spoiler for Group 1 to 4:
Old 2009-07-11, 05:37   Link #15
wontaek

Continued

Spoiler for Group 5 to 8:

Would love to hear your takes on the groups.
Old 2009-07-11, 10:44   Link #16
wontaek

Due to technical glitch, the voting will be delayed by 2 hours.
Old 2009-07-11, 11:39   Link #17
hobbes04
New at Everything

My Votes Today:
Just in case anyone cares...

Spoiler for Votes:
Old 2009-07-11, 13:04   Link #18
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I voted today, but when I pushed the vote button, I got sent to the Korean language vote page instead of the English one...
Old 2009-07-11, 13:26   Link #19
Shini
Shana is love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I voted today, but when I pushed the vote button, I got sent to the Korean language vote page instead of the English one...
This happened to me too, so I just picked from the english list and then cross-referenced the numbers.

Spoiler for votes:
Old 2009-07-11, 15:35   Link #20
wontaek

Those technical difficulties now seems to have been resolved. If you have just voted in English page, please confirm this.

Also Group 9

Voting Place 9
Group 9 / 2009-07-12 00:00:00 ~ 2009-07-12 23:30:00 / Top 12 characters will proceed
* You can vote up to 3 characters in the first round.
Angela
Ristorante Paradiso
-

Rei Kinoshita
Keroro Gunso
-

Nina Tucker
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
-

Chizu
Natsume Yūjin Chō 2nd Season
-

Ririka Katase
Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae
-

Shimako Toudou
Marimite 4th Season
-

Yumi Kajiki
Saki
-

Mio Sakamoto
STRIKE WITCHES
-

Aoki's Mother
Top Secret ~The Revelation~
-

Mary Chupacabra W. Whitebear
PENGUIN GIRL
-

Ayumu Sugino
Saki
-

Kurumi Momose
Paniponi-dash! OVA
-

Barghash's Maid
Tytania
-

Sanshō
NARUTO Shippuuden
-

Door Girl A
Gokujou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou
-

Miyuki Takara
Lucky☆Star OVA
-

Niche
Letter Bee
-

Rika Aragami
Shikabane Hime Aka
-

Allison Whittington Schultz
Allison & Lillia
-

Naomi Umegae
Zettai Karen Children
-

Hanako
Pocket Monsters: Diamond & Pearl
-

Ninomiya
Minami-ke ~Okaeri~
-

Alisa Southerncross
Keroro Gunso
-

Naoko
Time of EVE
-

Flora
Jewel Pet
-

Lady
New Baby-Saurus Dooly
-

Edy Nelson
Valkyria Chronicles
-

Fujiko Mine
Lupin the 3rd VS Detective Conan
-

Fermi
Macademy Wasshoi
-

Sunakake Baba
GeGeGe no Kitaro
-

My Vote : Angela (Ristorante Paradiso)
My Vote : Shimako Toudou (Marimite 4th Season)
My Vote : Allison Whittington Schultz (Allison & Lillia)