Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

For the first episode it was a little bad it didnt hook me in at all
Old 2010-01-09, 21:22   Link #382
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I was pretty turned off by episode 1. It seemed low-quality, and uninteresting. Further, the ending reminded me intensly of the worst aspects of Vampire Princess Miyu. Mina had no right to murder the lizard vampire boy, and I personally don't celebrate the formula where the "hero" comes out and murders someone they feel is "bad" every episode (/monster of the day.)
Well that vampire was killing without orders and didn't want to acknowledge the hierachy. Vampires don't need to drink human blood in their world.

He sealed his own death and became an example of vampire good will towards humans and vampire strength. He got used by Mina and company.
Old 2010-01-09, 22:06   Link #383
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
One of the worst opening anime episodes i've ever seen, if I hadn't already read the manga I would have dropped the show without a second thought.
If by "worst" you mean "Pure awesome, best ever" then I agree full-heartedly. It's amazing the depth of difference in opinion people have on this thing depending on whether or not they've read the comic.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 22:11   Link #384
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Finally was able to watch this. And it was awesome. A very unique first episode too. Laid some basic groundwork but the TV show format was pretty cool. It seemed like an entertaining show too.
Old 2010-01-09, 22:13   Link #385
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
If by "worst" you mean "Pure awesome, best ever" then I agree full-heartedly. It's amazing the depth of difference in opinion people have on this thing depending on whether or not they've read the comic.
well it now solely depends on whether or not they take an anime original approach or stick with the source. Because the source is actually pretty damn interesting and compared to all that shitty twilight crap is leaps and bounds better. Since the current akira/mina thing is a bit wtf at the moment considering how the manga goes.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 22:16   Link #386
TakumiFuji

Overall I liked the first ep the video quality could have been cleaner other than that no complaints.
TakumiFuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 22:34   Link #387
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Episode 1 was okay at best. Convinced me to look into the manga, which seems promising so far.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 23:03   Link #388
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakumiFuji View Post
Overall I liked the first ep the video quality could have been cleaner other than that no complaints.
Was the video crummy because it was a TV show? When you were watching a clip on the show, like when they showed a prepared program, the video was blurrier. It's a bummer that it's not broadcasted in a higher resolution though.

Everything should be 720p at least these day if you ask me.

Either way, the story looks good. I want to know who the guy was that made the girl sad. I am guessing he is the romantic interest, but I wonder how well they know each other and all.

I'm probably saying stuff that's been said five times already, huh? lol.
Old 2010-01-10, 01:35   Link #389
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStrike View Post
latter half wasn't bad at all, but the first half was kinda weird.

didn't expect her to sound like Patissiere's Ichigo exactly
Great. Now I can't get the image of Ichigo out of my mind whenever Mina speaks.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 14:24   Link #390
Yuutsu

As a person who has read the manga (the chapters that have been released, at any rate), I'm not exactly sure about whether or not I like the first episode of Dance in the Vampire Bund.

Let me say that the amount of deviation Shaft took from the source material confused me during the entire first half of the episode. I was asking myself, "Wait? Did this happen? I don't remember these events having taken place..."

While it certainly keeps the manga readers guessing about what is going to happen, I'm going to reserve my judgement about the anime until a few more episodes have been released to see whether or not it would have been better to just be faithful to the original source.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 15:54   Link #391
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well haven't seen this one myself, but at least it doesn't appear to have that style with the random bits of red shaded texture (that look like those old Akabon) and repeating background objects that seem to be in almost all Akiyuki Shinbo directed anime right? It'd be kind of refreshing if he's avoiding that for a change.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 18:04   Link #392
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, none of that in this episode. The directing was relatively ordinary, for better or worse.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 21:37   Link #393
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Okay, the first episode was disappointing, but I'm gonna stick with it. It's only twelve episodes for Christsakes. BTW, new insert.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 23:05   Link #394
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
Yeah, none of that in this episode. The directing was relatively ordinary, for better or worse.
No wonder I liked the episode much more than your typical Shinbo anime.

On hindsight though, the typical Shinbo traits are still there... but this time, he made it much more natural. For example, rapid scene changes are actually present; it's just that it perfectly fits the metafiction tv show format. Either Shinbo is learning not to force his style to the source, or he just got incredibly lucky here. Anyway...

One interesting part about the tv show was the people themselves, as each of them represents a certain typical mindset towards you get from the general populace. That is, the professor are those who use logic to refute the existence of vampires, the elderly lady represents those who are scaredy cats for the supernatural, the idol is your typical vampire fangirl (think Twilight female fans XD), the author are those who write vampire stories, while the actor represents those who like to think that they are themselves vampires.

This more than anything caught my attention... for Shinbo to look outside the otaku demographic and actually be perceptive of the general attitudes towards vampires of today's society. He actually pretty much caught it dead on, once I thought about it.

Sure this episode ain't the most entertaining anime episode, but by far, its the first episode that actually made me think the most. I actually liked it, and this is coming from pretty much a Shaft hater.

As for Mina 'threatening' humankind, I don't find that is true at all. Through the chameleon vampire, she has shown that humankind that there are bad vampires, and through killing that vampire, she has shown humankind that she will no show mercy to these lowlifes and thus humankind can rest easy. Then she declares that vampires would be concentrated in a certain island, and if people have time, actually 'dance' with them there. Certainly was down right to the point, but not at all malicious or anything.

Moe moment of the episode though was that Mina was unfazed at all the skepticism towards vampires... until a guy who they seem they knew denied their very existence, and she starts crying. Makes me wonder who exactly that guy is and who is he that he's the only one who fazes Mina's usual demeanor. Main guy perhaps? She did say that they'll talk about Akira appearing on screen later on, of whom I can only assume its this guy.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 01:36   Link #395
OkamiNoKaze

Ha ha ha, what a first episode. They went with an Adventures of Mikuru approach. Mina kicks lots of ass, sure we have vampire chamelons, but at least they don't sparkle, at least I hope. Vera/Bella, had some DOA bounch on her. and Mina of course is awesome. Not having read the manga, I have no preconceptions, so I think this show can still be good.
Old 2010-01-11, 11:41   Link #396
Velsy

Just watched the first episode (as a manga reader myself) and noticed its taking a different start as mentioned. I not too dissappointed because as I see it, they have tried to explain vampire lore using a gameshow to start it. Trying to create the vampire setting pretty much. Being a 12 episode series it appears they tryed to cram as much as they could it for the setting which is what I figure people are complaining about. But with 12 episodes, it cant be helped. (24 eps would of been nice)

Also I <3 the scary look mina gave off at the end. Thats one of the things I <3 most of vampires, when they hiss and show the fangs (sometimes red eyes too) because its just dam right frighting! ^_^

Nothing like sending those shivers up the spine keke

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I was pretty turned off by episode 1. It seemed low-quality, and uninteresting. Further, the ending reminded me intensly of the worst aspects of Vampire Princess Miyu. Mina had no right to murder the lizard vampire boy, and I personally don't celebrate the formula where the "hero" comes out and murders someone they feel is "bad" every episode (/monster of the day.)
Ima try to explain it too you, not that I am trying to convince you, but to help you understand it a little. If you didnt notice, they refered to Mina as princess towards the end. Which indeed you could class her as an *Elder Vampire* of one of the Noble *ruling* houses. If you really did read what was said in the episode. Its explained that this lizard vampire was on a mass murdering rampage disobaying vampire law by harming/killing humans without authorization.

Also the Lizard guy attempted to kill Mina, thats why she used her supernatural powers to stop his attack, then made him selfslay himself. As an Elder vampire (not the mention rulling vampire) it seems she has that ability to have some type of control over her race. Kinda suprised shes used her abilities so early in the anime to <.< (maybe 12 episodes does that)

In another perspective. Its the equiverlant of trying to kill your own king, you would be charged with treason and then executed.

Also want to mention that the reason he was realyl so ugly like a lizard is because ones true form is a reflection of his/her own heart (Its explained more in detail in the manga)

So to answer that question, he was going against her rule, so he was executed. It wasn't random murder.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 11:50   Link #397
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
...They went with an Adventures of Mikuru approach....
Good point. It's a kind of cinema verite approach in this introductory episode, trying to make the situation feel less fantastic and more immediate and real -- as real as Japanese TV gets, lol. I wonder if the low-qual image will improve in ep2?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:20   Link #398
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I liked the first episode. It was certainly original in its portrayal of a cheap japanese show, then that show itself turns into the first plot point.

I get the impression no one else liked it much, but I value its originality. I've seen so many shows that the same kind of character intros bore me, and this seemed different in a very refreshing way. I feel now that this show will be worth watching because it won't be in the same style as other vampire shows like Blood+, even if it has many of the same themes.
Old 2010-01-11, 13:55   Link #399
sintaki

interesting
sintaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 22:47   Link #400
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

I liked the first episode's bizzareness. I cant wait to see the next episode... I just hope it doesnt end up being really screwy like Mnemosyne. I loved that series too, but god was it weird. lol

Yes, I have a strange liking for bad scifi/fantasy. hehe

Tags
action, romance, seinen, shaft, supernatural, vampire, violence