AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 129 56.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 14.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.43%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.43%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-07, 18:03   Link #21
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
This part made me chuckle lol... That exclamation mark at the end fits there just, perfectly. Funny typo .
Well, it happens sometimes. Just think about Agent Smith in the Matrix. How did he wake up?

14 hours to go until I can see this! So near, yet so far...
Old 2008-02-07, 18:04   Link #22
*Forte*
~ 長門 有希 ~

I don't know JPese, so I'll wait for SS's work.
*Try not to view spoil*

This episode will focus on their future huh, I think so though the preview. But as far as
Quote:
Kotomi: Are you buly?
Ryou: yes.
Kotomi: Are you bully?
Nagisa: yes.
I think KyoAni made a very good fun of me, anyway, they created Okazaki Tomoya the Natural Liar xD
Old 2008-02-07, 18:59   Link #23
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
*breathes a bit*... No, CLANNAD is NOT a dating sim... nowhere near of it. Even as "ren'ai" it isn't exactly fitting that kind of category.
I know it's not your average gal game at all, but it IS a gal game. Just a very complex and beautiful one.
Old 2008-02-07, 19:17   Link #24
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
And now I think again that they should had shortened Fuko arc... Here happened so much that there was not much time to digest everything... Sure it was good ep.
Old 2008-02-07, 19:53   Link #25
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
oh god clannad suprises me every week .. it is even better then kanon06
Old 2008-02-07, 20:00   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Reminder: Folks, please keep all your discussion to the content of the episode itself. Revealing any spoilers from the game that has yet to happen in the anime (regardless of the fact that those events may or may not occur) will simply lead to a ban. This is an anime-only thread. If you feel the urge to unload your Clannad knowledge, do so in the appropriate thread that is designated for the experienced Clannad-fans.
Old 2008-02-07, 20:06   Link #27
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Screenshots can do wonders to what you expect for the episode.

Spoiler:
The interweaving of arcs seemed to be done quite nicely, but then I'll have to wait for the subs to really understand what's going on.
Old 2008-02-07, 21:22   Link #28
ThoHell

This was absolutely a Tomoyo episode. Poor girls just seems to naturally make enemies out of every guy. Guys hate her or just jealous of her strength? It has got to be completely jealousy.....I don't think there is anything to hate about her!

Spoiler:

I think there would be 3 good pairs with Oazaki: either Nagisa, Kyou, or Tomoyo. Kotomi and Ryou don't go so well with him. Ryou is her worse match I think, even Kotomi is a better match than her. But I'm sure we all feel that the likely pairing will be Oazaki and Nagisa.

Ending was very unexpected.....poor Okazaki! Next episode looks to be a great episode as well. Can't wait! I'm guessing Oazaki gets suspended and gets a home visit from all the lovely girls!

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-02-07 at 21:38.
Old 2008-02-07, 21:47   Link #29
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Anyone with me that the Fuko reappearances are useless?

No offenses to Fuko fans: But Fuko should stay out/dead. She ruins the tense moments

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2008-02-07, 22:10   Link #30
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

No offenses to Fuko fans: But Fuko should stay out/dead. She ruins the tense moments
I think that's the purpose of her character now, a tension reliever/humor.
Old 2008-02-07, 23:57   Link #31
velocity7

Fuuko's random appearances also occurred in the game, just FYI.

Also, this episode at about 16:00 basically explains the entire reason I went from translating Yukine's route to Kyou's route in the CLANNAD TL project.
Old 2008-02-08, 00:36   Link #32
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

i don't know about u guys, but i think this was best episode so far
Old 2008-02-08, 01:06   Link #33
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

So sad Kotomi's role is still background. Kyou's deredere mode was mind-numbing. My god. And what I wouldn't give to have Tomoyo waking me up every morning! Looking forward to the next ep, as the preview seems to shed any semblance of drama from the fight at the end of the episode.

... Anyone think they might go for an open-ended ending? While it seems Tomoya is really stuck on Nagisa, it could be said he might not be any closer to her than the others due to the different nature of all their relationships.
Old 2008-02-08, 01:55   Link #34
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Was an alright episode I'm with blitz on the Fuko cameos. They have picked some bad places to put her I thought...pretty random >.>

Overall it was pretty good I would have liked to see Kyou and Tomoyo's routes better spaced. I really liked it when Botan eats Ryou's bad cooking, should have been longer.

I keep thinking second season >.>
Old 2008-02-08, 02:20   Link #35
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

This just gets better. So this is how they squeeze in Tomoyo's story with as much as they can without making it feel shallow, even with the romance bits taken off. With Nagisa gone, Tomoya instantly becomes an uncontrollable girl magnet. Kyou finds herself
(or is it her sister?) in competition with Tomoyo as both sides step up their campaign for Tomoya's attention. Yet despite all these happenings, the direction makes it explicitly clear that Tomoya has no one else in mind besides Nagisa.

Knowing how inflexible the current student council are, it's natural Tomoya would eventually think of wanting to get Tomoyo elected.

We finally have Yukine's best moment: the "trapped in sports gymnasium with a person you think of" spell. And Tomoya has to think of Kyou of all people. I never realized Mitsui (Fuuko's former classmate) would be the one to make the spell work.

Once the spell is in effect, I have three exaggerated words to say about this scene.

Spoiler for Kyou fanboy scream:

Tomoya's attempt to strip off in order to release the spell is also pure LMAO.

And finally, thanks to Sunohara bringing Tomoyo to the old school district and provoking all the delinquents to come seeking Tomoyo, Tomoya ends up having to take the fall for her so that she may become student council president. Small price to pay for Tomoya in order to bring the Drama Club back, and he's got nothing to lose anyway since he's always being tagged a "delinquent" anyway.

Nearly forgot to mention, Fuuko once again makes her nonsensical intrusion. Well this time, it's based straight from the game, for this is one of the Tomoyo scenes in which Fuuko appears.

Next week would be Tomoya's period of exile, as seen in Tomoyo's story. And this time, it won't just be Tomoyo that comes to visit, but also Kyou, Ryou and Kotomi as well. (Dunno about Nagisa)
Old 2008-02-08, 02:57   Link #36
cshard

Although I did feel some parts of the ep were paced a little too fast... hell, how can I criticise and episode with so much Kyou AND Tomoyo goodness?

Looks like it's gonna be Nagisa + Kyou + Ryou + Tomoyo's combined routes now.... plus a little Yukine it seems. Most definitely the best choice now, seeing how we've already gone past the halfway mark.

Spoiler for episode thoughts:

Last edited by cshard; 2008-02-08 at 03:11.
Old 2008-02-08, 04:05   Link #37
kimchipride
Geass User

AHAHAHAHAHA

That was a very funny episode.

10/10 One of the best episodes so far
Old 2008-02-08, 04:26   Link #38
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
ah Kyou is giving Kagami some tough competition for the position of tsundere queen.

Considering how over used the locked-in-a-room plot device is mad props have to be given to KyoAni for making it work beautifully and then some.

Tomoyo's arc feels a bit too sudden to me though. If she had some appearances in the past 4~5eps (even if just beating Sunohara) her entrance would have felt much smoother.
Old 2008-02-08, 04:39   Link #39
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post

Of the ones you've seen so far (this would be the third), this is the only one that actually existed in the game. (first one included antler cameo, second one I did think was bad timing.) Maybe that's why I wasn't as bothered in the appearance in this episode as soon as I remembered that that particular scene was essentially where the Fuuko randomness manifests from anyways.

However, you can see a clear pattern. She appears when her friends are either in distress or conflict with something else, be it a machine, pressed to join a club not intended to, or what occurred in this episode. (note: direct conflict, not internal conflict, not fighting-for-okazaki-conflict.) Kyoani probably noticed this pattern and so they throw her in every 2 - 3 episodes since the arc ended so far. Like stated, she appears in tense moments.

The other clear pattern is that it is under random timing. Unless you know it's going to occur ahead of time, I don't think one would know exactly when it would come in. Ironically, because it is so random, and such a huge contrast to the "conflict" situation, it nearly kills momentum because it totally mismatches the situation.

This episode was eventful. Each day was virtually maximised!

Spoiler:

Yay for more Yukine, since based on what's been seen of her, she appears rather one dimensional, or not particularly important/significant/prominent. Yet when merging is done, such content mixed by kyoani made quite the good momentum. I'm expecting more of this (the "help the person in need" thing, which was a very clear trend already, but the kyoani execution of her character is quite interesting).

As usual, high pace, eventful, versatile (heck it uses almost everyone like last episode). Satisfying indeed.
Old 2008-02-08, 04:49   Link #40
Khaos

Arrow

10/10, great arc interweaving...I just thought...wtf, now Ryou too?? I didn't even consider her to be part of the "harem" as well, she's one of the characters I like the least.

The gym storage room-scene was hilarious, this proved that Kyou truly deserves her first place in the saimoe-nominations. She almost begged him to do something to her.

Being woken up by Tomoyo in the morning, lucky bastard Tomoya!

Kyou and Tomoyo gained a lot of points with this episode.

Fuko, well, I loved the Fuko arc, really, however after ep 9 being the most intense and emotional in the whole series so far I find Fuko's comedic appereances somehow overdone. For me, the Fuko comedy ended with ep 9 and it shouldn't have been revived in such a cheap random way before she's really woken up.
Closed Thread