Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-16, 15:12   Link #381
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Well, excuse my ignorance, but I've yet to see any explanation as to exactly what the "World of C" is. If you do know, please, explain it. Apparently, I'm missing some information.
I think he means "World of C" as in all the people in her mind / around her.
The people she talks to but nobody can see
Old 2008-05-16, 15:14   Link #382
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No need to get angry, I wasn't trying to be insulting.

We haven't gotten an exact definition of what it is, but given what has been shown with Marianne communicating through there and apparently Clovis as well it seems like it may function as the afterlife to some degree. Again, it's just a theory at the moment until more info comes along. I wasn't completely disregarding the idea that Lelouch could be a reincarnation of someone C.C. loved. There just haven't been any indications of that being the case or of whether reincarnation is possible.

I'm somewhat interested as to who that third speaker is that C.C. has been speaking to. We have Marianne, V.V., and this third person. Each one seems to have some relation to C.C. somehow, but I can't figure out how this third person is related to C.C.. Maybe a past lover or perhaps even one of these Gods?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 15:36   Link #383
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
No need to get angry, I wasn't trying to be insulting.

We haven't gotten an exact definition of what it is, but given what has been shown with Marianne communicating through there and apparently Clovis as well it seems like it may function as the afterlife to some degree. Again, it's just a theory at the moment until more info comes along. I wasn't completely disregarding the idea that Lelouch could be a reincarnation of someone C.C. loved. There just haven't been any indications of that being the case or of whether reincarnation is possible.

I'm somewhat interested as to who that third speaker is that C.C. has been speaking to. We have Marianne, V.V., and this third person. Each one seems to have some relation to C.C. somehow, but I can't figure out how this third person is related to C.C.. Maybe a past lover or perhaps even one of these Gods?
Angry? More like frustrated.

I make a post about something sounding "interesting" and I'm told I'm wrong because you think the World of C might strike out the whole concept of reincarnation. Basically, you told me I'm wrong because you think something that doesn't have a definition might rule out something else that doesn't have any evidence of being wrong.

That, my friend, is comparable to throwing make believe water at a fire with the intentions of putting it out. You may think there's water and you may think it'll put the fire out, but there's nothing else that says you're right.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 15:40   Link #384
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I said that "I" wouldn't quite say that. It was just my thoughts regarding the idea. I didn't say the whole idea was impossible and wrong. If you interpreted it that way, I'm sorry.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-18, 22:04   Link #385
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

As I was reading across some of the blogs that review, one of them noted something interesting about C.C. this episode which was that she didn't care if Lelouch's rebellion ended, which means the contract doesn't have to do with facing V.V. or the Emperor, only that Lelouch stay alive.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 22:06   Link #386
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

She probably needs him to do something or become something. V.V. probably isn't a problem if Lelouch stops the rebellion. She may even want it over to avoid the trouble.

Old 2008-05-18, 22:07   Link #387
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
As I was reading across some of the blogs that review, one of them noted something interesting about C.C. this episode which was that she didn't care if Lelouch's rebellion ended, which means the contract doesn't have to do with facing V.V. or the Emperor, only that Lelouch stay alive.
Pretty sure it was obvious it never had anything to do with the contract.

Otherwise Lelouch wouldn't have mentioned granting CC's wish separate from his.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 22:07   Link #388
Var
Banned

Quote:
So that knocks out another option... what are we left with exactly? Mao is proof that its not 'love', and her conversation with Marianne is proof that its not for fighting. Or are we at a zero point... again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Pretty sure it was obvious it never had anything to do with the contract.

Otherwise Lelouch wouldn't have mentioned granting CC's wish separate from his.
If all that has to happen is for him to stay alive, as she said this episode. Then why did she even bother waking him from the fake memories? It'd be the same as him losing his source of motivation... so how does she expect him to fulfill her contract if Lelouch has no desire to do anything?
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 22:11   Link #389
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The whole thing could just be one huge game where we won't understand it till everything is revealed.

I wonder if it has anything to do with these Gods. Maybe C.C. wants to go back to the heavens or something.

Old 2008-05-18, 22:14   Link #390
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
If all that has to happen is for him to stay alive, as she said this episode. Then why did she even bother waking him from the fake memories? It'd be the same as him losing his source of motivation... so how does she expect him to fulfill her contract if Lelouch has no desire to do anything?
Because she can't get any closer to him if he can't use his geass or if he doesn't know her. Especially if he was under watch. Better to have him by your side than being forced to keep shadowing him.

When Cornelia tried to lure Zero out for the first time, she was willing to gun his legs down to keep him from going.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 22:15   Link #391
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

She'll manipulate him or do anything if it gets that contract done.

Old 2008-05-18, 22:15   Link #392
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
So that knocks out another option... what are we left with exactly? Mao is proof that its not 'love', and her conversation with Marianne is proof that its not for fighting. Or are we at a zero point... again?
Until it's stated otherwise, my initial guess that the contract has Lelouch becoming immortal/like C.C. is still on the table.

Quote:
He didn't know about the contract and his geass wasn't active.
Old 2008-05-18, 22:16   Link #393
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Because she can't get any closer to him if he can't use his geass or if he doesn't know her. Especially if he was under watch. Better to have him by your side than being forced to keep shadowing him.

When Cornelia tried to lure Zero out for the first time, she was willing to gun his legs down to keep him from going.
Again, what use is Lelouch when he has no motivation? The Black Knights are the physical form of Lelouch's desire to change the world. Without them, and his desire, he's a sack of potatoes.

Quote:
Until it's stated otherwise, my initial guess that the contract has Lelouch becoming immortal/like C.C. is still on the table.
Seems rather simple if its to have failed so many times and with so many past contractors.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 22:18   Link #394
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Yeah, but what's the point of that? Unless there currently is no God and they need someone to take God's place.

Old 2008-05-18, 22:25   Link #395
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, but what's the point of that? Unless there currently is no God and they need someone to take God's place.
Loneliness can reach even cold-hearted witches.
Old 2008-05-18, 22:29   Link #396
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I don't think it's as simple as not wanting to be alone anymore. She could have just stayed with Mao if that was the case.

Old 2008-05-18, 22:32   Link #397
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I don't think it's as simple as not wanting to be alone anymore. She could have just stayed with Mao if that was the case.
That would have been temporary though, as she says everyone she's known has been lost to time eventually. Very sad if you think about it
Old 2008-05-18, 22:34   Link #398
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Applies to Lelouch as well if that was the contract. There's something more to it, but we need something more.

Old 2008-05-18, 22:41   Link #399
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Applies to Lelouch as well if that was the contract. There's something more to it, but we need something more.
You mean what the contract actually is? Who knows, we'll just have to wait like always
Old 2008-05-18, 22:43   Link #400
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, or what it involves. Does Lelouch even know?

The only sort of hint that I saw was when the novels made was that one who turns away from the world cannot fufill it.