AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-06-25, 21:13   Link #81
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
but I just hope everyone can understand that not everyone is going to feel the same about this.
Not feeling the same about his death is fine, but when people start saying that they are glad that a pedo died then oh boy, fireworks will be flying enough to impress the 4th of July. At least let the man have some peace when he dies.

Man in the mirror <3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:15   Link #82
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I don't see why people are praising him so much, especially the topic starter, where he says people will remember him as child molester, while he supposedly has done so many great things. So because of those great things, you don't care for the fact he molested children ? That's the worst thing you can ever do in life, and thus I despised MJ. ( Plus his music sux )
He was never convicted you know, and just because of some troubling moments in his life, to think down on him as a person is just cruel. He was very fond of children and deeply cared about them and acted very childlike himself at times, but much of that is likley due to him missing out on a childhood himself (he was a top performing artist at age six for crying out loud and didn't have time to be a kid). He always wanted perfection and put his heart and soul into everything he did, probably too much, which lead to many of his personal problems later in life. He was of course a different individual, but so what. He was a great person in my opinion and a great musical artist (I'd like to hear what you consider to be good music). He was very charitable in his humanitarion efforts and whom I consider one of the few celebraties who actually believed in the causes he was helping.

All those people who believe he was some monster that should have been locked away, I wonder if any of them know of all the good he has done. Probably not due to how the media has just oversensationlized the bad aspects of his life. He has done so much in raising money for helping with AIDS and he even befriended a kid named Ryan White (an AIDS victim) prior to his death and made a wonderful music video in his honor and to spread awarness for AIDS.

You can have your own thoughts about the man, but speaking in such a way about anyones death is just rude and unessecary. Everyone has someone who cares about them and its insulting to those people to speak in such a manner towards the one they have lost.

Going back to Michael and raising awarness about AIDS I feel I need to share this music video of his. It's truly one of the most touching things I've watched.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-06-25 at 22:02.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:20   Link #83
neomanxl
Sucker for moe ~_~

Send a message via AIM to neomanxl
You have to give the guy some respect. He was one of the, if not the, greatest entertainers of our time. I mean consider what he's done, he's been influential to so many artists.

I feel really bad for him. Even though he had a tough childhood and was such a great performer, people still ridiculed him. Anyone that believes he is a pedophile, please read some actual info about the topic and remember that he was acquitted. I mean even people now still think that he turned white on purpose. He was diagnosed with vitiligo and lupus and a side effect of his medication was the bleaching of his skin. Honestly this was a guy who was trying to regain some of his lost childhood, and everyone was hating.

Have some respect for the dead.

R.I.P M.J. You may have passed, but you're music will remain forever...
neomanxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:28   Link #84
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Aw!

The King of pop died! God rest his soul, Iam fan of his old 80's and early 90's music. Iam pretty surprised since I just got the text message from my mother who is a fan also. Man very sudden and shocking. Probably he stressed himself to much to the upcoming concert, I feel now that he died for the fans for he still wanted to perform after all those things that happened. R.I.P. Micheal Jackson.

Also he's not just immortalized on one game franchise(namely MoonWalker games). But also at a Japanese PSone game called Battle Arena Toshinden 3. Ten Count is the character.

Old 2009-06-25, 21:29   Link #85
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Guys, i don't even know what happened after i've listened all of his songs in my radio when I woke up in the morning. After that i've learned that he died when i saw the news about his death....

I've remembered him for the long time when I heard his song during 90s then music videos....

RIP Michael Jackson AKA 'Wacko Jacko'...........

He will be missed......
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:40   Link #86
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
"Black Or White" and "Heal The World" are his best songs... they seem to be the last popular songs that actually talk about caring and making a difference rather than cynically sitting by and watching the world rot.
My favorites would be Smooth Criminal and Bad.

To be honest, even to this day MJ's Smooth Criminal and Thriller still are the two best music videos ever made. It's been decades, and still haven't seen music videos as entertaining as those two.
Old 2009-06-25, 21:44   Link #87
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I still have a hard time believing this, when my friend told me my first reaction was "Michael Jackson can die? O_o ".

This is really pretty sad...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:44   Link #88
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Totally didn't expect this when my mother asked me if I had seen the news and then told me that he had passed away. Many have come to dislike him, but they surely they cannot disagree that he was a genius in his field of music.

I've always enjoyed watching his performances and he truly had some amazing moves.
Old 2009-06-25, 21:44   Link #89
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
To be honest, even to this day MJ's Smooth Criminal and Thriller still are the two best music videos ever made. It's been decades, and still haven't seen music videos as entertaining as those two.
I agree. I think all his music videos had a flare to them you just don't see nowadays. Same goes for his music, so much better than a lot of the "popular" commercialized crap being fed to the masses these days.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:46   Link #90
BanishingBook

^ - Aye GuidoHunter_Toki-san aye. True!
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:48   Link #91
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I think my earliest memories of Michael Jackson was the Moonwalker game, I became a fan after playing it.

He has the slickest, cleanest moves ever, no one can move like he does. No matter how good his dancers are, he still stands out completely in the sharpness of his movements.

His voice is soft but explosive, he conveys his message directly into you.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 21:57   Link #92
Duckii
AHA! PRUSSIAAA!

Send a message via AIM to Duckii
umm.. whats going to happen to his kids that he has? I just thought about this right now.
Old 2009-06-25, 21:59   Link #93
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Oh crap.
Was my best childhood memory,on great dancing skill and music.
King of Pop,indeed.
R.I.P,MJ.
Old 2009-06-25, 21:59   Link #94
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Yay, the pedophile is gone ;D.

I don't see why people are praising him so much, especially the topic starter, where he says people will remember him as child molester, while he supposedly has done so many great things. So because of those great things, you don't care for the fact he molested children ? That's the worst thing you can ever do in life, and thus I despised MJ. ( Plus his music sux )
Up yours.

Goodnight, sweet prince. 1958-2009
Let'sFightingLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:01   Link #95
Akazgea

Another example of the good dies young.

To the above comments about Michael Jackson's videos, I think his videos are pretty much like the timeless Evil Dead series. A different approach, and one that is difficult to top. I don't know why but the song that comes to my mind right now, is one from his Jackson 5 days, I'll be there. I guess that has the highest purity of emotions in it.
Akazgea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:03   Link #96
james0246

It's sad to say, but all I can think about is the South Park episode "The Jeffersons."

It's kind of sad that Jackson has died, and I definitely feel the nostalgic lose (though I'll admit I was more into Bauhaus, Elvis Costello, The Fixx, Cocteau Twins, Black Flag and the like back during the height of Jackson's popularity). R.I.P. Jackson, you've lead a harsh life, but have helped so many over the years that, despite any "darkness" that may have existed in your life, you've definitely earned the world's respect and praise.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-06-25 at 22:39.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:04   Link #97
Kudryavka

R.I.P, Michael Jackson. I regarded you on the same level as masters like Elvis, Bob Marley, Ray Charles and the like. We loved ya, and we're definitely gonna miss ya.

Have fun up there.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:05   Link #98
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Andrew Sullivan's take:

Quote:
There are two things to say about him. He was a musical genius; and he was an abused child. By abuse, I do not mean sexual abuse; I mean he was used brutally and callously for money, and clearly imprisoned by a tyrannical father. He had no real childhood and spent much of his later life struggling to get one. He was spiritually and psychologically raped at a very early age - and never recovered. Watching him change his race, his age, and almost his gender, you saw a tortured soul seeking what the rest of us take for granted: a normal life.

But he had no compass to find one; no real friends to support and advise him; and money and fame imprisoned him in the delusions of narcissism and self-indulgence. Of course, he bears responsibility for his bizarre life. But the damage done to him by his own family and then by all those motivated more by money and power than by faith and love was irreparable in the end. He died a while ago. He remained for so long a walking human shell.

I loved his music. His young voice was almost a miracle, his poise in retrospect eery, his joy, tempered by pain, often unbearably uplifting. He made the greatest music video of all time; and he made some of the greatest records of all time. He was everything our culture worships; and yet he was obviously desperately unhappy, tortured, afraid and alone.

I grieve for him; but I also grieve for the culture that created and destroyed him. That culture is ours' and it is a lethal and brutal one: with fame and celebrity as its core values, with money as its sole motive, it chewed this child up and spat him out.

I hope he has the peace now he never had in his life. And I pray that such genius will not be so abused again.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:09   Link #99
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Fuck, that's another piece of my childhood crumbling. I remember the chills down my spine the first time I saw Thriller music video back in the day. This changed the cinematography of music videos pretty much.
Same...I still remember watching his videos when I was a kid...Hell I still rewatch Thriller from time to time just because it never got old for me...Hell I even used to play his oddball games in the arcade and at home too...

Sorrowful day indeed...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 22:09   Link #100
BanishingBook

^ -@Dilla: That's a very sad read.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music