AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 31 11.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 5.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 3.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 13 4.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 151 54.51%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 00:08   Link #261
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

GTRCLKJAA'KFKLGSS'/A'';LAAJUAJANHV

^That's my head on the keyboard. It's an accurate depiction of my feelings about this new episode.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:12   Link #262
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

At first it was nerve wracking but I liked this EP. I though some of the background stuff and "camera" angles were interesting. Seeing them in front of ENDLESS made me laugh and I wondered if I missed this before. I'm actually planning to GO BACK and watch a few others just to make sure. (god, now they got ME looping!)

And this swimsuite - nice touch.

Here's a thought, the E8's run until Aug 31 and then the whole series just drops AND WE NEVER GET TO SEE IT RESOLVE!!!!!! That woud drive me completely - well, loopy!

Or this is their revenge for Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Last edited by Tasdern; 2009-07-31 at 00:14. Reason: spelling - its very late
Old 2009-07-31, 00:13   Link #263
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Is this the 6th repeat? I've lost count...

Because I had a kinda premonition when I saw the date at the start of this episode. The 8th of August, which is two more weeks away and would make that weeks episode the 8th. Which fits really nicely with the conspiracy that it's going to last 8 episodes. So Next week he'll work out whats wrong or the sense of deja vu will be crazy strong and he'll be able to fix it the week after or something.

Quality wise the episode is good, and if i hadn't seen this 6 times already I'd have been impressed. But, it's just frustrating now, hence the abysmally low score. Which is disappointing.
Well, technically, this would be the 6th repeat, the 7th Endless Eight episode, and the 8th new episode of the "rerun".

I believe the calendar scene showing August and the number 8 wasn't supposed to mean August 8 (that would place the beginning of the episode sometime before the loop, which spans 8/17 to 8/31). I guess it's just the Japanese way of writing the month (using numbers), where August is the 8th month of the year.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:25   Link #264
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I was hoping the anime would come full circle like the opening title and finally "solve" the mystery of the endless summer.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:40   Link #265
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Alright, done watching the episode.

- It's not surprising that Kyon doesn't care about the game very much. I wouldn't either if my TV's picture quality was so bad that it's just a glowing white screen.

- Kyon's growling and yelling from 13:37 through 13:40 is the funniest thing in Haruhi. Seriously, Kyon, what the fuck.

- Yuki's expression from 18:55 through 18:58 is interesting. That might be the most deathly we've seen her yet, and she almost looks as though her feelings are hurt whenever Kyon raises a hand and tells her to STFU.

- The art and locations once again seem a bit more varied this time around than they were from Endless Eight 2-5, but unlike EE6, this version changed up the dialogue to a decent extent as well.

- The opening scene and cafe segment make Endless Eight 4 look downright cheerful in comparison, and Kyon's deja vu spells are suddenly much stronger and more common than ever before (He cites a whole two lines of dialogue along with Haruhi word-for-word at the swimming pool). This is the sort of thing I enjoy about the arc, and my main failing with Endless Eight as a whole - the emotional progression is unclear and inconsistent. One episode Yuki seems horribly depressed, the next she's relatively normal. One episode Kyon is tired, the next he's a lot more fresh. One episode the mood is somber and dark, the next it's light and normal. If the whole story was a slow descent into madness with Kyon becoming more tired and increasingly deja vu prone, Yuki more depressed, the mood more grim, and things more twisted in general, I'd be having a lot of fun with these episodes. As it is, though, it's just vague signs of progression generally followed by a return to normalcy with the next episode.

That's logical, I guess, since everyone's memories are reset, and people do have temporary rebounds and aren't at constant emotional lows (In regards to Yuki being more content in 5 and 6 than she was in 4), but it's just kind of stale for me without the drama. Endless Eight isn't over yet, though, and there were some interesting things to happen in this one, so maybe Endless Eight 8 will be a worthwhile episode (Or, God forbid, 9-12).
Looks like there are some level headed people still watching Haruhi. We really need more of your kind.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:40   Link #266
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Personally, I'm going for 4 more E8s, literally stretching it to the end of August. Then they'd have a special broadcast of the loop resolution on the station that airs it on the 31st (if there's any, correct me if I'm wrong).
4 stations air it prior to the 29th. (2 on 8/27, 2 on 8/28)
1 station airs it on the 31st. (8/31)
The last 4 stations air it on the 1st. (9/1)
Side note: 0 Stations air it on 8/8. 2 stations (3rd and 4th) air it on the 8th... uh oh....

Last edited by bayoab; 2009-07-31 at 01:13.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:44   Link #267
Mr Bland
Photographers are sexy.

I don't even know what to make of this anymore.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:47   Link #268
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

"Kyon-kun denwa~"

That is all i have to say for this ep...

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2009-07-31, 00:48   Link #269
gonzo562

oh lord painful end it already
Old 2009-07-31, 01:07   Link #270
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

[hype]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
4 stations air it prior to the 29th. (2 on 8/27, 2 on 8/28)
1 station airs it on the 31st. (8/31)
The last 4 stations air it on the 1st. (9/1)
Side note: 0 Stations air it on 8/8.
(bolded by me)
Ho ho... Wasn't expecting there to actually be one (and only one!). I believe we're on to something here.
[/hype]
Old 2009-07-31, 01:11   Link #271
Raiku-chi
ねんきもの ばか

To quote Dr.Casey

"- Kyon's growling and yelling from 13:37 through 13:40 is the funniest thing in Haruhi. Seriously, Kyon, what the fuck."

I've been over that many many times. On the last few occasions my flatmates have come in to ensure I'm ok and not dying LOL
Old 2009-07-31, 01:16   Link #272
Jenx
Insert Creative Title

So, Endless Eight sucks, blah blah blah, etc, etc.

Just wondering, with the violent fan reaction... Kadokawa and KyoAni obviously don't live in a bubble, and must be aware of it. Does anyone know if they've responded in any way? I haven't heard anything, but I haven't been following this whole thing too closely. It just seems like when you get any response this extreme, positive or negative, you usually hear some feedback on it. And I'd really love to know what's going on in their heads- no sarcasm intedned there, honest, I'm curious.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:21   Link #273
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll ask again... I've only seen/heard WESTERN fan reaction - of which a good number are never going to spend a dime on Haruhi or any other anime. What are the Japanese fans doing/saying? The ones with the wallets?
Old 2009-07-31, 01:21   Link #274
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
Endless Eight summarized in one video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXHvOge4WvI

Spoiler for ???:

Whoever can watch all 10 minutes of it gets a cookie.
An endless recursion of time, indeed. My ears hurt now.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:23   Link #275
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I have seen photos of the usual people destroying their figurines, books and posting photos of the atrocity on the Internet, but I doubt they represent a significant subset of the fans.

That or we could make an analysis of how Endless Eight is a similar phenomenon to Nagi being pregnant.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:33   Link #276
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I can't believe I watched this arc.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:12   Link #277
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx View Post
So, Endless Eight sucks, blah blah blah, etc, etc.

Just wondering, with the violent fan reaction... Kadokawa and KyoAni obviously don't live in a bubble, and must be aware of it. Does anyone know if they've responded in any way? I haven't heard anything, but I haven't been following this whole thing too closely. It just seems like when you get any response this extreme, positive or negative, you usually hear some feedback on it. And I'd really love to know what's going on in their heads- no sarcasm intedned there, honest, I'm curious.
If you havn't noticed yet no matter how good an anime is there are a group of people who like to complain. They think they are critics. Even if they watch a show/episode that they like instead of discussing the positive merits of the show they talk about what they didn't like.

Even if the shows were good those same type of people would still complain. And just because critics tend to be the most vocal doesn't mean that everyone doesn't like it.

The arc isn't even over yet so who knows the ending may very well be good. Even if they have the best ending ever instead of people praising the show they will complain.

It's just MHO, all rights reserved, batteries not included.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:13   Link #278
Selofain
#1 Minion

Send a message via AIM to Selofain Send a message via MSN to Selofain Send a message via Yahoo to Selofain
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
Looks like there are some level headed people still watching Haruhi. We really need more of your kind.
Agreed.

It was a pretty good episode, not bad. Am I the only one who watches and doesn't vote?
Old 2009-07-31, 02:15   Link #279
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'll ask again... I've only seen/heard WESTERN fan reaction - of which a good number are never going to spend a dime on Haruhi or any other anime. What are the Japanese fans doing/saying? The ones with the wallets?
The problem is the negative sentiment always prevails. The general youtube comments are "Yawn, more E8, yea yea..." or "Nagato is my wife" or "It's still not ending LOLOLOL". The DVD solicit reactions seem to be "You can't be serious", "This would be annoying", "This is horrible" etc.

Edit: Seeing some "Don't want" at the Official DVD 2 solicit.

There is still a ton of humor among them like yesterday one of the youtube comments like something like:
The viewer's depair.
The viewer's sigh
The viewer's boredom
Kadokawa's rampage
The viewer's unrest

>Reply to above
The viewer's disappearance.

Last edited by bayoab; 2009-07-31 at 02:25.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:17   Link #280
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selofain View Post
Agreed.

It was a pretty good episode, not bad. Am I the only one who watches and doesn't vote?
Nope i do the same. Im still here, paitently waiting this out. Although im not voting as my feelings on it all are to mixed to be placed into a simple numericaly labeld click.

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Closed Thread