AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-30, 18:04   Link #401
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
Is it bad that when I rewatched Makoto's death, I lol'ed at the robot blood before critically analyzing Sekai's actions and the plot which summed to the event?

I mean honestly. His blood looks like friggin' oil. No wonder he's capable of such a sex frenzy, he's a robot made for sexual intercourse. Probably omits some sort of pheromone which ignites female sex urges. But it malfunctioned and released a scent which causes women to go psycho.
I thought the blood looked like ink when I looked at it for a second time..
Old 2010-11-30, 18:29   Link #402
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Refer to this.

Apparently, the whole black blood thing's just somewhat common thing in scenes that involve lots and lots of gore, and they want to make the blood less... scary, or something. Which is to say, I'm sure all of us feel SO much better knowing all the blood coming out of Makoto looks like oil. Might make sense, since he was a sex machine
Old 2010-12-01, 16:04   Link #403
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
Refer to this.

Apparently, the whole black blood thing's just somewhat common thing in scenes that involve lots and lots of gore, and they want to make the blood less... scary, or something. Which is to say, I'm sure all of us feel SO much better knowing all the blood coming out of Makoto looks like oil. Might make sense, since he was a sex machine
Makoto being a sex machine eh? That sounds pretty reasonable since he just kept going at it with other woman
Old 2010-12-01, 17:51   Link #404
Akka

Quote:
I do however believe his heart was in the right place, trying to redeem himself.
You can't betray and cheat someone (and a fortiori several persons) and have your heart in the right place. That's just contradictory

And as said above, I just don't buy the redemption claim after 12 episodes of total egocentrism and a last-ditch attempt at keeping a girl without bothering with his real responsabilities.
It's just too convenient to be honest, and too much in line with how he had acted all the serie long (always for his profit without giving a crap about everybody else) to be stretched to an attempt at redemption.
Old 2010-12-05, 08:43   Link #405
FalseMemorySyndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
You can't betray and cheat someone (and a fortiori several persons) and have your heart in the right place. That's just contradictory

And as said above, I just don't buy the redemption claim after 12 episodes of total egocentrism and a last-ditch attempt at keeping a girl without bothering with his real responsabilities.
It's just too convenient to be honest, and too much in line with how he had acted all the serie long (always for his profit without giving a crap about everybody else) to be stretched to an attempt at redemption.
Though he did turn down Sakai at the end and refused to continue seeing her. Yeah, it was a crap part on the developers to overshadow is moral redemption scene with him prior it going around basically asking for someone to cheat with, but I think it's ment to be interpreted as him seeing the error of his ways. Thus, the greater tragedy is him being murdered despite the fact he realized what he had put Kotonoha and decides to stay with her.
Old 2010-12-05, 09:27   Link #406
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post

Well, it's not like he fixed things with Katsura then began his sex frenzy again.

Like said, we didn't get far enough after that to see if he was serious or not. But I will comment, that while I don't believe he was dealing with the correct issue (He should of taken care of Sekai and the child before going on a cruise with Katsura), I do believe that he was actually doing something that was worth some praise.

When saying "I believe his heart was in the right place" I don't mean that it alone erases all his sins. But, it does reveal he was not in that realm of 'sex sex sex ignore girlfriend sex sex' anymore, but rather in a 'gotta fix this shiz up' realm. Which does start a redemption, but doesn't complete it.

So in all, no, Makato didn't redeem himself at the end of the show. But yes, with what we had seen, he was going down the right path to bring himself back to humanity.

Quote:
Refer to this.

I feel at ease now, knowing corporations believe that we feel easier when seeing only black blood coming out of a decapitated head. As long as it's black blood, the amount of gore involved is irrelevant!

Honestly though, do these producers live on Earth? Or have a intellect of an individual who believes Albert Einstein is a kind of salad dressing?

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-12-05, 14:38   Link #407
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I think Makoto just dint know what to do in these situations, I mean there was Kotonoha who had no life left in her eyes. He got Sekai pregnant (or so he thought) and now all the girls he used to sleep with are now blocking him 24/7, even getting said that he was not the same person as he used to be, and just decided to put the blame on Sekai, who first got him to experience his sexual lust for woman.

Last edited by Hooves; 2010-12-05 at 15:03.
Old 2010-12-05, 14:52   Link #408
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I think Makoto just dint know what to do in these situations, I mean there was Kotonoha who had no life left in her eyes. He got Sekai pregnant (or so he thought) and now all the girls he used to sleep with are not blocking him 24/7, even getting said that he was not the same person as he used to be, and just decided to put the blame on Sekai, who first got him to experience his sexual lust for woman.
I would be lost as well if I was in his situation.

BUT, to blame it on Sekai is BS. She was the fuel, but you started the ignition. Then again, at the end he was leaning towards the right path, so we can't call him a complete douchebag. Rather a lost boy going about redeeming himself the wrong way.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-12-05, 17:06   Link #409
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Makoto was a normal teenage boy. At least, compared to my own experience.

Honestly, think about most hormone-driven teenage boys you know and you'll notice they more or less all think about the same thing: Sex. In varying degrees, of course. Makoto simply was fortunate (?) enough to get what most want.

Now think about that old saying: "Be careful what you wish for".

And another: "As you sow, so shall you reap".

Then you have his life story.

Old 2010-12-06, 16:29   Link #410
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Makoto was a normal teenage boy. At least, compared to my own experience.

Honestly, think about most hormone-driven teenage boys you know and you'll notice they more or less all think about the same thing: Sex. In varying degrees, of course. Makoto simply was fortunate (?) enough to get what most want.

Then you have his life story.
Well that does sorta make sense he dint care about the enormous breast size of Kotonoha (which I found very surprising....) he only cared to have the sexual thrill with whoever will let him do it.
Old 2010-12-10, 15:01   Link #411
dinoeatscookies
uguu~

i personally think makoto should've died
hes a right man slag. ;3
i'd of hated him to be real, but to be quite fair there are people like him in this world
which makes it seem worse.
Old 2010-12-11, 05:19   Link #412
qwertyuiopz

it was black blood because some daughter murdered her father with an axe or w/e around the same time they were going to air the last episode so they had to censor it for pussy reasons, same with higurashi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_...elay_of_finale
Old 2010-12-11, 12:28   Link #413
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post
it was black blood because some daughter murdered her father with an axe or w/e around the same time they were going to air the last episode so they had to censor it for pussy reasons, same with higurashi

Actually they just replaced the whole episode with a video of a Norwegian ferry boat moving along a river
Old 2010-12-11, 13:16   Link #414
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
^^ NICE BOAT

And pretty much all of us know of the murder prior towards the finale. Otherwise, we wouldn't have gotten said meme

Right... and as I said earlier at the top of this page, it's still a common trend in some movies and other media to use black blood in cases of extreme gore anyway. Though they still made it all completely red and all its gory glory was shown in the DVD...
Old 2010-12-13, 18:45   Link #415
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiopz View Post

Oh I remember that, it was the scene in the opening for Higurashi that featured an axe that was bloodied on the ground, apparently someone took that idea and did it to their parents. So School Days had to do the same (I wonder if anymore animes will have to result to that) explains the black blood.
Old 2010-12-19, 04:07   Link #416
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Though they still made it all completely red and all its gory glory was shown in the DVD...
Which was literally, bloody fantastic~!

Hey, he had it coming. Too bad he wasn't tortured though.

Quote:
^^ NICE BOAT
Nufufufu~ Yes indeed, dat was a nice boat Kotonoha-chan~

Quote:

Don't forget "You have made your bed, now you will sleep in it."

Quote:
That's the most important class of them all!
I'm sure he was paying attention only as far as "You insert your ding-dong here."
Old 2010-12-20, 03:39   Link #417
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
^^ NICE BOAT
Spoiler for Picture:

Just had to post this picture after hearing "Nice Boat" even though its completely off-topic
Old 2010-12-21, 19:46   Link #418
Luk_008
Lelouch commands you!

Makoto was a very bad person with all girls.
He didn't take any relationships seriously.
He only thought about sex.
I think that he deserved to die.
Old 2010-12-21, 23:24   Link #419
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luk_008 View Post
Makoto was a very bad person with all girls.
He didn't take any relationships seriously.
He only thought about sex.
I think that he deserved to die.
You've defined 87% of the male population.

In my honest opinion, I don't think they all deserve to die.

His Sex Ed. teachers deserve to die....his parents too...and any other breathing adult who was around while this incident took place.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-12-22, 08:02   Link #420
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
You've defined 87% of the male population.
Somehow... I find this true

Quote:
In my honest opinion, I don't think they all deserve to die.

His Sex Ed. teachers deserve to die....his parents too...and any other breathing adult who was around while this incident took place.
There was also his tutor that brought Kotonoha and his relationship to even start, the one that brought out the lust within Makoto, and said it was fine as long as they like it? Or so I remember... Well either way, there are many more characters to blame then the adults. But the adults had no support or anything to go against these issues that there kids are facing... What on earth are they doing!
Closed Thread