Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-08-03, 13:55   Link #21
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post
Another chapter out for those interested in this series. Super interesting one too!

Spoiler for Bear panties-chan Sweetheart:
Do you really want answer or you prefer wait until either someone finish the translation of the novel or than the anime get out ?
Old 2009-08-03, 20:11   Link #22
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

I finished reading Book 1 and 2 a while back.
Wow, amazing novel.

The ending of Book 1 just makes everything fit, and the final revelation hits hard. So, spoil Book 1 on penalty of death, ganbaru.

Reading book 3 and some of the assorted short stories now.
ななせかわいいよななせ~ (Too bad she gets 1 page in the artbook, while Touko gets 7...)
Old 2009-08-04, 01:43   Link #23
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Iななせかわいいよななせ~ (Too bad she gets 1 page in the artbook, while Touko gets 7...)
I have to agree, that's a shame than she is not more present in the artbook ( she is still more present than Takeda Chida .)
Old 2009-08-05, 10:05   Link #24
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Chapter 4 out today....I really have no idea what's going at this point.

Points of interest
Spoiler for Story so far:

Last edited by ProdigalSon; 2009-08-05 at 10:14. Reason: ugly grammar grinds my gears
ProdigalSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 22:10   Link #25
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Found some news , it's not much but it's still more than what we had before: http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/fb/pc/02...b_0908top.html
Old 2009-08-26, 22:24   Link #26
d-one

somehow seeing Touko-senpai in full color seem... different from my imagination all this time

Touko-senpai that I see in the novel illustration look pretty (maybe because the illustrator style) but the anime style doesn't makes me see that
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-26, 22:35   Link #27
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

It was obvious than it would have a drop of quality betweem the novel's illustration and the animation, but I do hope than it could be improuved or than once animated, the difference will fade... but yeah she have to look pretty, they will have to be extremely carefull about her smile,
Old 2009-08-27, 08:29   Link #28
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Gah! What happened to... whoever-the-heck-that-is's mouth in the new novel info page?

Anyway, I managed to get the Bungaku Shoujo set + clear posters + FB summer artbook at Comiket while I was there . Even found some Bungaku Shoujo doujinshi while I was there, which is rare to say the least.

Currently reading Book 6. I though Book 3 was good, but 4 and 5 only got better, especially with all the Nanase page time. Book 6 is interesting so far, but it unfortunately has a dearth of Nanase...
Old 2009-08-27, 08:49   Link #29
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Book 6 has not the death of Nanase, it's just happening betweem book 2 and 3
Spoiler for book 2 spoiler:

I am of the same opinion than you about book 3 , it's good but compared to the next volumes...
( BTW would you ming sharing some of your comiket's treasure with us )
Old 2009-08-27, 12:56   Link #30
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

The set from the FB booth (metal bookmark, book cover, coaster, pencil) was sorta overpriced, since it's all pretty low quality. The only thing I'll probably really use from it is the book cover. The two clear posters were sold as another set, and was probably more worth the price. The artbook on the bottom right only had a couple of pages of Bungaku Shoujo... but swimsuits.

As for doujinshi (both all ages), Bungeki Shoujo is an alternate version of Book 3, where they perform Snow White instead. It has Nanase going into 少女妄想中 mode at Konoha as Snow White, and her as an エロエロ魔女 in one panel.
Haven't really read Love Letter yet since it looks like it might be spoilery, but it takes place a couple years in the future, and it looks like Touko gets assigned as Konoha's editor. Or something.
Art for both could be better, and they're both rather light on content, but beggars can't be choosers.

Back to the actual novels, I was rather interested in Maki's impetuses in Book 2, so I was glad that Nomura is sorta going back to it in Book 6 (though I assume Touko will finally get some real focus in it). I'm sorta more of a winter type of person, so the going back in time to summer (and lack of Nanase) was a bit surprising after 4 and 5 though.

The introduction chapter in 6 had some very powerfully written lines for Maki's inner thoughts, which is a nice contrast from the rather craptastic writing ability of typical light novel authors.
Of course, as a Nanase fan, Book 4 was just great.

Spoiler for Book 5:

I also have two copies of Books 2 and 5 now, and book 1 in Chinese, which I can't really read all that well. The extra 2 I got by accident, Book 5 I had to get in Japanese again because I didn't expect to finish reading 4 while I was in Japan... but getting to Big Sight at 5:00 am and waiting for the gates to open at 10 gives one some extra time to read. Almost got hungry enough to eat the things on Day 3, what with not having had breakfast that day and getting in line at 4:30.
[/ramble]

Last edited by selkirk; 2009-08-27 at 14:00.
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 14:03   Link #31
Falkor

guys, a little reminder: there's already a manga thread for Bungagu Shoujo. Try to keep this thread as spoiler-free as possible, and conduct any discussion regarding the novel/manga over there---this is not the right place to do it. (yeah, I know, there's so much to say about Bungaku Shoujo )

I kinda expected the character designs to change a bit, but I can't really say much looking at the picture of Tooko-senpai. wonder if they will look better animated (as often times happens), though after reading some of the chapters, you kinda don't expect too much animation in the story. I'm still hoping to see the backgrounds with same water-color feel of the manga/novel (here I was hoping for J.C. Staff ), but it's all good if they can get a good director/script/storyboard for the movie, which is the thing that matters the most.

Last edited by Falkor; 2009-08-27 at 14:35. Reason: ???
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 21:57   Link #32
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
guys, a little reminder: there's already a manga thread for Bungagu Shoujo. Try to keep this thread as spoiler-free as possible, and conduct any discussion regarding the novel/manga over there---this is not the right place to do it. (yeah, I know, there's so much to say about Bungaku Shoujo )
Sorry Falkor for the possible spoiler it's a issue when talking about this serie since the translation is only at the 4th chapter of the first book... but I am not sure than even the other thread would be appropriate for spoilers.
Old 2009-08-27, 21:58   Link #33
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Any news on the CVs yet?
Old 2009-08-27, 22:59   Link #34
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Any news on the CVs yet?
They're announcing more information on the 11th, which I bet will include that info, and maybe an approximate release date? The LE version of the next novel (scheduled for Dec 26) will have a DVD with the movie PV, and an original animation.

With the drama CD coming out, that's four versions of the first novel... o.O (Novel, manga, drama CD, movie). Actually, has it ever been said that the movie will be based on the first novel? I don't recall seeing that anywhere... maybe an original story?

http://www.famitsu.com/image/3196/nK...reM3D8P9U.html
▲午後からは『劇場版“文学少女”』と『バカとテストと召喚獣』のポスターを無料配布。こちらも長蛇の列と なった。

Gah, apparently I missed this while I was there.
Old 2009-08-27, 23:07   Link #35
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
have been listening on the recent Bungaku Shoujo C76 Limited Image Music:

BGM is really amazing on this ablum,and i loves the vocal too.
By the way,the movie ver of Touko is based on novel,on the illustion,which Touko is originaly have a black hair.
Old 2009-08-27, 23:50   Link #36
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Sorry Falkor for the possible spoiler it's a issue when talking about this serie since the translation is only at the 4th chapter of the first book... but I am not sure than even the other thread would be appropriate for spoilers.
the rule of thumbs regarding specific spoilers is to use a Private Message.

just wanted to point out the manga thread in case someone wanted to discuss the manga/novel, which this place, the anime thread, is not really the right place to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post

I sooooo want to get my hands on that...

ANN has update the entry for Bungaku Shoujo. I just noticed that the other website has been also updated.

Staff :

Director : Shunsuke TADA
Screenplay : Yuka YAMADA
Music : Masumi ITOU
Original creator : Mizuki NOMURA
Original Character Design : Miho TAKEOKA
Character Design : Keita MATSUMOTO
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 06:33   Link #37
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:

By the way,the movie ver of Touko is based on novel,on the illustion,which Touko is originaly have a black hair.
I would have so got that if I had known about it before Comiket... guess I'll just have to get it overpriced off an auction while I get this shipped.
Old 2009-08-28, 08:43   Link #38
NeoSam

A second volume of the short story light novel series that's titled "Bungaku Shoujo" to Koisuru Episode will be released on August 29th, 2009.

Here its cover:

Shounen(boy's) light novel.
Released under the shounen light novel label Famitsu Bunko.

I updated the first post of this thread with this cover...
Old 2009-08-28, 09:02   Link #39
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Ah why a movie, I was hoping for an anime series. It would be my new Toradora. D:
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 13:02   Link #40
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:

Really nice indeed and peaceful.

Tags
harem, shounen