AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-15, 10:58   Link #1201
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Spoiler for Pictures:
Damn, bottom-right would look great as a desktop wallpaper.
There is no way to get them digital?
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 11:39   Link #1202
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4as View Post
Damn, bottom-right would look great as a desktop wallpaper.
There is no way to get them digital?
That one was actually made for the PS2 version, so you might be able to find it if you go hunting for it, but no, the others aren't avaliable digitally.

UPDATE: Found it. It's avaliable at this link:

http://www.kgptzac.info/albums/e17_p...ages/8-18.html
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 13:25   Link #1203
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The scans reminds me of something a tad problematic with Ever17... the character design isn't exactly constant (weirdly, the problem is much more noticeable with CG than character sprites).
Old 2010-12-15, 13:35   Link #1204
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The scans reminds me of something a tad problematic with Ever17... the character design isn't exactly constant (weirdly, the problem is much more noticeable with CG than character sprites).
I think this was a bigger problem with Remember11 rather than Ever17- I always thought the character designs were constant in-game to the CGs in Ever17, but in Remember11, it felt like they were done by two completely different people. Never7's character designs to CGs were pretty consistent, but they too had some problems occassionally.

Also, keep in mind that this was just promo art- it's not drawn in the same style as a CG is.
Old 2010-12-15, 13:37   Link #1205
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, Remember11 had distinctly 2 different artists: the character sprites do not match the CG at all.
In fact, it seems the designer who made Ever17's did the R11 ones, but didn't do the sprites.
I personally think it would have been better with that style for everything: R11 sprites had... some sort of a drowsy look for some reason (I really can't stand Kokoro's character sprite design )
Old 2010-12-15, 13:45   Link #1206
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Well, Remember11 had distinctly 2 different artists: the character sprites do not match the CG at all.
In fact, it seems the designer who made Ever17's did the R11 ones, but didn't do the sprites.
I personally think it would have been better with that style for everything: R11 sprites had... some sort of a drowsy look for some reason (I really can't stand Kokoro's character sprite design )
Maybe it's because the game looked too realistic compared to Ever17. Ever17's characters were quite vibrant due to their various different hair colors, clothing, and the environments, while mostly mantaining a blue theme, still looked rather lively.

By contrast, everything in Remember11 looks dead in comparison- everyone (except for Utsumi) has realistic hair colors, wear mostly plain colors like brown or white (the only one that really stuck out was Hotori's bright red jacket.) and the environments had this dull white/brown/grey scheme going for everything. It's understandable due to its setting, but because it looks so realistic, we probably find it drowsy because it looks too similar to real life.
Old 2010-12-15, 19:32   Link #1207
Eab1990

Quote:
Hey, I don't know why I put it off for so long, but I scanned some pages of the Limited Edition Ever17 pamplet that came with the PSP version of the game. The following images are all new pieces of art that were only made for the PSP version.

Spoiler for Pictures:

Sorry if the quality sucks, it was my first time scanning something.

Personally, my favorite is the Tsugumi one, though I have a feeling a certain someone will like the one after that better.
*cough* Do want.

And yeah I have the bottom right one too. Definitely want the Coco/Sara one in better quality.
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 01:04   Link #1208
Terri87

It´s funny to see that artists frequently draw Sara and Coco together even though they never speak to each other throughout game.
Terri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 01:14   Link #1209
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri87 View Post
It´s funny to see that artists frequently draw Sara and Coco together even though they never speak to each other throughout game.
That's true. I don't think they even once directly spoke to each other, not even in the Drama CDs.
Old 2010-12-17, 00:29   Link #1210
Eab1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri87 View Post
Kinda sad, actually. I remember going through the whole game, waiting to see the connection between the two... Well, so it goes.

Anyway, today's the 17th, which means... Happy birthday, Coco!

... Now if only I could find more pics...
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 20:37   Link #1211
Katz

Send a message via MSN to Katz
Hello, I have a couple questions about this game. My friend is going to let me borrow his copy in a few weeks when I get to see him, and I know a few spoilers (not sure if I am misinformed or not) about the game.

I am mostly wondering whether they are spoilers that will get in the way of me having the most enjoyable experience of this game.

The spoilers I know are not very specific and there are few of them, so maybe it's not that bad that I know them because I don't understand them. But if someone could let me know whether they will get in the way of my enjoyment of the game at all, I would appreciate it.

Also, if someone could please tell me if I have any of these wrong - but don't tell me why or what the real spoiler is.

These mostly come from reading about the game at a time when I did not think I would ever get to play it.

Spoiler for Spoilers I have read:

I think that is everything I know. Is it alright because I don't really understand the spoilers? Or will these be a problem when I play (will things be less mid-screw-y or less suspenseful)?

I am sure there is much more to the game than the handful of things that I know, but I was just wondering.
Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 22:00   Link #1212
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz View Post
I think that is everything I know. Is it alright because I don't really understand the spoilers? Or will these be a problem when I play (will things be less mid-screw-y or less suspenseful)?
I'd say that your mind-screwability has reduced by only ~0.5%. You're right: There's WAAYY more to the story than that. Plus, the fact that you can't explain them and that you don't understand them also shows that you haven't been "properly spoiled"

You're safe. Enjoy Ever17!

P.S. Come back and read your comments about the spoilers again when you finish the game. I'm sure you'll have a good chuckle

Last edited by Polarem; 2011-01-24 at 22:03. Reason: PostScriptum
Polarem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 22:37   Link #1213
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
I really loved Ever 17 it was a wonderful game..
Old 2011-01-24, 22:57   Link #1214
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katz View Post
Hello, I have a couple questions about this game. My friend is going to let me borrow his copy in a few weeks when I get to see him, and I know a few spoilers (not sure if I am misinformed or not) about the game.

I am mostly wondering whether they are spoilers that will get in the way of me having the most enjoyable experience of this game.

The spoilers I know are not very specific and there are few of them, so maybe it's not that bad that I know them because I don't understand them. But if someone could let me know whether they will get in the way of my enjoyment of the game at all, I would appreciate it.

Also, if someone could please tell me if I have any of these wrong - but don't tell me why or what the real spoiler is.

These mostly come from reading about the game at a time when I did not think I would ever get to play it.

Spoiler for Spoilers I have read:

I am sure there is much more to the game than the handful of things that I know, but I was just wondering.
Some of those spoilers are a bit problematic to know, but if you don't understand them, then they won't even matter. Most of them aren't really big spoilers, but like I said, if you don't understand them, then it's fine. I myself accidentally learned a spoiler or two about the game, but I didn't understand what they even meant until I played the game.
Old 2011-01-24, 23:02   Link #1215
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

BTW, people, the impossible has finally happened- an Ever17 typo patch! It was made by GameFAQs user wafflecannon, and you can get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bj30eajuhb9b963

With this patch, most of the annoying typos are gone, such as "Kidere", "Kidink", and many other ones. However, for those of you who like nostalgia, the hacker is no longer known.

Anyway, give thanks to wafflecannon, not me, and enjoy the patch.

Note that it has not been fully tested yet, so be sure to keep an extra copy of the original script.dat file.
Old 2011-01-24, 23:12   Link #1216
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
BTW, people, the impossible has finally happened- an Ever17 typo patch! It was made by GameFAQs user wafflecannon, and you can get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bj30eajuhb9b963

With this patch, most of the annoying typos are gone, such as "Kidere", "Kidink", and many other ones. However, for those of you who like nostalgia, the hacker is no longer known.

Anyway, give thanks to wafflecannon, not me, and enjoy the patch.

Oh wow, I must go thank him.

Thank you too, GundamAce, for sharing this!!!111!!!1oneone

But naturally, I still knows the hacker, even without being asked.
Old 2011-01-24, 23:49   Link #1217
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
I really loved Ever 17 it was a wonderful game..
Agreed. Hence my previous post
Old 2011-01-25, 12:36   Link #1218
Katz

Send a message via MSN to Katz
Thanks very much - I am very glad to hear that my mind-screwability is still very high. I definitely don't understand those spoilers at all - what I wrote in that box is the total extent that I know - I have no other thoughts or understanding about them.

Well, that's such a relief to hear. I am very, very excited about this game!! Less than 3 weeks until I get to play it.

I'm also glad to hear about the typo patch.
Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 21:50   Link #1219
Polarem
Dango Digitizer

Sora is coming... to an Airport Near You
Old 2011-01-31, 22:31   Link #1220
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Wow. On a even eerier note, Sora's own activation date is just in two months (early April 2011)

Tags
visual novel