AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 17:05   Link #181
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Got me the new editions of the Halo Novels(damn that costed me) and I got a copy of Glasslands while I was at it, been a while since I looked into Halo merch but I did honestly think we wouldn't see the story continue after Ghosts of Onyx, altho in hindsight I should have known better.

Good read so far, they did a smashing job on Halsey's character, she's a love/hate type. Not a love or hate but a love and hate type, the best kind

Also picked on some tidbits of info I never knew before like Halsey's relationship with Keyes, altho again I really should have known better there as well but it just never clicked for me, even tho I wondered about it before.

On to whats bothereing me now, I was listening to the Halo OST while reading and it's still one of my favorite game OSTs, makes for excellent listening especially the theme.
This then prompted me to check something out which has got me on edge abit, that Marty ain't back for Halo 4.
Altho I know some are gonna say it's probably good to hear something different for a change and I can agree with that but still think I'd like to hear Marty again.
I'll be paying close attention to Sotaro Tojima's work but atm leaves me with the same feeling I get knowing Jen taylor is still unconfirmed for Cortana.
Not a good one.
Old 2012-03-24, 19:26   Link #182
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'd heard the revised editions for the older Halo novels were...disappointing.

As in, they didn't actually deal with any of the major continuity issues present in the early books. (such as the UNSC only encountering Elites during the attack on Reach).

the only thing they seemed to change was a reference to something that happened in Halo Legends.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 08:13   Link #183
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Sorry if old.

Spoiler:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 08:19   Link #184
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Not sure I'd recommend Halo Legends as a whole though. Overall in terms of plot/animation quality it was pretty unimpressive.
Oh yeah, no just the one animation called Origins from Studio 4˚C The Origins episode was very good in both animation and it was right on the story plot.. pretty epic

This is just a small clip Halo Legends: Origin , There is a full episode somewhere. its a good History 101 if you don't read the books

A Common Enemy
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 10:13   Link #185
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Sorry if old.

Spoiler:
I seriously can't wait to find out some more solid information about what's going on in Halo 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Oh yeah, no just the one animation called Origins from Studio 4˚C The Origins episode was very good in both animation and it was right on the story plot.. pretty epic
Yeah, I DID rather like Origins. Played a bit fast and loose with the continuity, but I could forgive that since they managed to play up the epic scale of it.

The other shorts...eh.

Spoiler for Am I Kawaii, uguuu?:
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 21:24   Link #186
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

A little heads up but Game Informer have revealed their May issue cover

Never noticed this before but seeing that cover art, I'm not actually fond of the MC's new helmet, looks kinda odd.

But Cortana looks as Tony the Tiger would say "GGGRRREEAAAT!"
Old 2012-04-08, 00:53   Link #187
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm alright with Chief getting an upgrade (it certainly looks like a worthy new look to me), he's had them all throughout his career. Although the explanation for how he got this I am curious about. My guess is it's some new or experimental model found on the ship.
Old 2012-04-08, 08:45   Link #188
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I don't think there is any explanation as to where he got his new armour because it isn't "new" at all per say but rather its simply 343 taking their own spin on it, if you watch the latest adhoc video they straight up tell you as much.

From what I remember of the video they wanted to make it more grounded and believable by making it look more flexible and unrestrictive while still maintaining the super soldier look.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 11:33   Link #189
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm fine with the overall suit getting the upgrade, just something about the helmet is off.

And little note about the suit is it is supposed to upgrade itself I believe, some sorta nanotech does the job.
Whether or not the MC has that type of suit not sure but it's touched upon in the novels.
Always been fine with the fact they make the visual upgrades, doesn't really bother me, just depends on what the final product looks like.
Old 2012-04-08, 17:44   Link #190
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
And little note about the suit is it is supposed to upgrade itself I believe, some sorta nanotech does the job.
Whether or not the MC has that type of suit not sure but it's touched upon in the novels.
Always been fine with the fact they make the visual upgrades, doesn't really bother me, just depends on what the final product looks like.

That's new to me... Unless you mean to suit constantly adapts itself to the wearer, as in weight/height/body heat etc etc, I had no idea the suit could physically upgrade itself.

I remember Halsey giving Fred, Kelly and Will some upgrades on Reach, as well as Halsey commenting on what George had done to his suit in Reach the game.

This automatic upgrading stuff intrigues me. Can anyone expand?
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 19:53   Link #191
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post

That's new to me... Unless you mean to suit constantly adapts itself to the wearer, as in weight/height/body heat etc etc, I had no idea the suit could physically upgrade itself.

I remember Halsey giving Fred, Kelly and Will some upgrades on Reach, as well as Halsey commenting on what George had done to his suit in Reach the game.

This automatic upgrading stuff intrigues me. Can anyone expand?
Not really as I said it's only touched upon in the novel and very very lightly at that.

But should have noted I do think the upgrades only take place during cryo.
Not on the fly, like constant upgrade stuff.
And not sure it's like physical upgrades either but I'd guess so just for the simple reason for the visual upgrades to the armour.
Old 2012-04-11, 11:47   Link #192
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Digging the music.

I'm loving the music.
Old 2012-04-12, 09:34   Link #193
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well like I said before had my doubts about the OST cause there was no Marty but heh, not bad actually, not bad at all.
Is very nice music and all, kinda hollywood-ish but will have to wait and see how it feels and fits into the game.
Does indeed sound like it's the MC's last real "finale", his last hurray into the fight and all.

Was having a little look around and saw this, figures I should have bookmarked the site*faceplam*

Halo 4: 11 things you need to know

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-12, 10:44   Link #194
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Updated Reach engine? that's coo

Halo 4 might implement parkour movement similar to Splash Damage's Brink

Last edited by blakstealth; 2012-04-12 at 11:51.
Old 2012-04-12, 15:59   Link #195
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

I wonder about THE covenant in Halo 4. They supposed to be defeated and disbanded after the war. And the elites why they fight with them now... I got my own theory but i like to know first from others.
Old 2012-04-12, 17:18   Link #196
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk HuNt3r F4n View Post
I wonder about THE covenant in Halo 4. They supposed to be defeated and disbanded after the war. And the elites why they fight with them now... I got my own theory but i like to know first from others.

Well according to Glasslands

The prophets are all but gone.

The Brutes have broken down into civil wars so there are some on the Elite's side while others on their own.

The Elites are trying to re-learn everything but they are also leaning towards a civl war as well. The ones led by the Arbiter want to focus on rebuilding and maintaining a truce with the UNSC while others want to attack the UNSC while they are weak. Reasoning is because they believe the humans would never forgive them for the atrocities they committed against them.

The UNSC is also back to dealing with insurgents who are taking advantage of the aftermath as well.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 18:13   Link #197
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well like I said before had my doubts about the OST cause there was no Marty but heh, not bad actually, not bad at all.
Is very nice music and all, kinda hollywood-ish but will have to wait and see how it feels and fits into the game.
Does indeed sound like it's the MC's last real "finale", his last hurray into the fight and all.

Was having a little look around and saw this, figures I should have bookmarked the site*faceplam*

Halo 4: 11 things you need to know

Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2012-04-13, 00:47   Link #198
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Well according to Glasslands

The prophets are all but gone.

The Brutes have broken down into civil wars so there are some on the Elite's side while others on their own.

The Elites are trying to re-learn everything but they are also leaning towards a civl war as well. The ones led by the Arbiter want to focus on rebuilding and maintaining a truce with the UNSC while others want to attack the UNSC while they are weak. Reasoning is because they believe the humans would never forgive them for the atrocities they committed against them.

The UNSC is also back to dealing with insurgents who are taking advantage of the aftermath as well.
So there are elites that are hostile, but how did they found requirem and how long have they bin there. their armor looks also..... there are some missing pieces that you can see their arms
Old 2012-04-13, 00:59   Link #199
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk HuNt3r F4n View Post
So there are elites that are hostile, but how did they found requirem and how long have they bin there. their armor looks also..... there are some missing pieces that you can see their arms
Well since the Elites know nothing but fighting they have to start from scratch all over again.

And according to the novels

Spoiler:
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 01:58   Link #200
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

According to THE spoiler. THE UNSC are already devoloping advanced stuff on THE 3 km long ship Infinity (but i believe you know that) and spartan IV.

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117