AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-11-16, 03:14   Link #61
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hanazawa as Touko.. really.. really didn't fit at all.. only a small sample.. but while reading the manga I would never had even considered casting Hanazawa period.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 23:37   Link #62
Kunagisa

This is ranked 3rd in このライトノベルがすごい! 2010 (TAKE THAT HARUHI, not the only one that's ranked 4x in the top 10 anymore).

Touko is the 8th most popular overall, Nanase 9th, and Konoha 10th.

Touko is also the 2nd most popular female, and Nanase 3rd (behind Mikoto from Index).
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 02:59   Link #63
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I am not surprised by the drop of 2 rank compared to the result from the このライトノベルがすごい! 2010. BTW, did the illustration made it on the top 10 this year ?
Old 2009-11-20, 04:19   Link #64
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I am not surprised by the drop of 2 rank compared to the result from the このライトノベルがすごい! 2010. BTW, did the illustration made it on the top 10 this year ?
I don't see it on 2ch =(.
Old 2009-11-20, 12:02   Link #65
asrielchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
the illustrator ranked first.

Spoiler for full list:
Old 2009-11-20, 22:41   Link #66
Westlo
Lets be reality

What poll is this? Can anyone translate the novel and character rankings as well please?
Old 2009-11-20, 23:31   Link #67
asrielchase

That's the annual poll for light novels. (このライトノベルがすごい!)
Sorry I only translate those that I've read or has an established english name

Spoiler for Novels ranking 1-20:

Spoiler for Characters (male + female):

I include the illustrator's works, I guess that will do..

1.竹冈美穗 (Bungaku Shoujo)
2.いとうのいぢ (Suzumiya, Shana)
3.左 (Liar Mi-kun & Broken Ma-chan)
4.叶贺ゆい (BakaTest)
5.岸田メル (God's memo, Character draft for the upcoming anime Sora no wo to)
6.ブリキ (I don' have a lot of friends, 电波女と青春男)
7.黑星红白 (Kino no Tabi)
8.狗神煌 (Seitokai no Ichizon)
9.植田亮 (Sayonara Piano Sonata)
10.ヤス (Toradora)
Old 2009-11-20, 23:41   Link #68
Westlo
Lets be reality

Thanks for that, I guess the timing on the anime series for Baka test and the movie for Bungaku Shoujo are pretty good than lol.
Old 2009-11-20, 23:49   Link #69
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Thanks for that, I guess the timing on the anime series for Baka test and the movie for Bungaku Shoujo are pretty good than lol.
More so for Baka than Bungaku Shoujo, since last year Baka was 3rd, and Shoujo was 1st.

Spoiler for Novels ranking 1-20:

I would KILL, I repeat, KILL to see anime version of 6 and 7, so much better than 5 and 9 (not that they're bad).
Old 2009-11-20, 23:53   Link #70
Westlo
Lets be reality

So what's the big light novel series after BakeTest and Bungaku get animated? I remember Yamakan saying that after Index and Toradora there wasn't any more big LN series to animate. Oh btw does anyone have a site/blog or whatever with the results of the previous poll? I'll like to see if Bakemono ranked when it actually came out in 2006, also how Zaregoto went.
Old 2009-11-20, 23:57   Link #71
Kunagisa

Quote:
So what's the big light novel series after BakeTest and Bungaku get animated? I remember Yamakan saying that after Index and Toradora there wasn't any more big LN series to animate. Oh btw does anyone have a site/blog or whatever with the results of the previous poll? I'll like to see if Bakemono ranked when it actually came out in 2006, also how Zaregoto went.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kono_Light_Novel_ga_Sugoi!

I would bet big money on Sugar Dark getting an anime as soon as there are enough volumes of it, and that's the only one I would put money on. I don't know about anything else (but the stickied on this board usually has good info, but don't even know if anyone read that).

ZAREGOTO SO SHOULD'VE GOTTEN AN ANIME BEFORE BAKEMONO /RAGE.
Old 2009-11-21, 00:05   Link #72
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kono_Light_Novel_ga_Sugoi!

I would bet big money on Sugar Dark getting an anime as soon as there are enough volumes of it, and that's the only one I would put money on. I don't know about anything else (but the stickied on this board usually has good info, but don't even know if anyone read that).

ZAREGOTO SO SHOULD'VE GOTTEN AN ANIME BEFORE BAKEMONO /RAGE.
Ah thanks for the link, wow Zaregoto's really popular, can't wait to see that animated. It might have polled for 4-5 years straight if this was around in 2003. I think a top notch Studio will be getting Zaregoto considering Bakemonogatari looks like being the biggest selling non mecha tv series of all time.

Bungaku Shōjo has ranked really well, 8, 3, 1 & 3.
Old 2009-11-21, 00:17   Link #73
Kunagisa

Quote:
Ah thanks for the link, wow Zaregoto's really popular, can't wait to see that animated. It might have polled for 4-5 years straight if this was around in 2003. I think a top notch Studio will be getting Zaregoto considering Bakemonogatari looks like being the biggest selling non mecha tv series of all time.

Bungaku Shōjo has ranked really well, 8, 3, 1 & 3.
I don't think Katanagatari would be as successful however, which would lower Zaregoto's chance. I would like a series on Seikai too ... ok I'm going way off track.

As for Bungaku Shoujo, considering its popularity, I'm still irked (like I've mentioned couple posts earlier) that it isn't an actual series. They have enough materials for that. Also, although this will never happen, they should animate “文学少女”と乙女に集う召喚獣 "Bungaku Shoujo" to Otome ni Tsudou Shōkanjū (as the title suggest, it's a cross over between Bungaku Shoujo and Baka to Test to Shōkanjū).
Old 2009-11-21, 01:19   Link #74
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I don't think Katanagatari would be as successful however, which would lower Zaregoto's chance. I would like a series on Seikai too ... ok I'm going way off track.

As for Bungaku Shoujo, considering its popularity, I'm still irked (like I've mentioned couple posts earlier) that it isn't an actual series. They have enough materials for that. Also, although this will never happen, they should animate “文学少女”と乙女に集う召喚獣 "Bungaku Shoujo" to Otome ni Tsudou Shōkanjū (as the title suggest, it's a cross over between Bungaku Shoujo and Baka to Test to Shōkanjū).
I agree that Katanagatari will be nowhere near as successful as Bakemonogatari// but even if it sold 1/7th as much as Bakemonogatari it would be a "success" and nearly much better than every other OVA series released lately.

Still even if completely flopped you would think studios would do their homework and see that Zaregoto is considered the best Nishio title and Katana one of the weakest.

To get back onto topic it might be better if Bungaku gets movies as long as it's done right, being a movie has certain advantages over a tv series, especially in the animation department. What exactly is this movie? Just an adaption of the first novel right?If runtime is say.. 100 minutes that would be roughly 4 tv episodes which is probably on par for one light novel being adapted into anime.
Old 2009-11-21, 01:35   Link #75
Kunagisa

Quote:
I agree that Katanagatari will be nowhere near as successful as Bakemonogatari// but even if it sold 1/7th as much as Bakemonogatari it would be a "success" and nearly much better than every other OVA series released lately.

Still even if completely flopped you would think studios would do their homework and see that Zaregoto is considered the best Nishio title and Katana one of the weakest.

To get back onto topic it might be better if Bungaku gets movies as long as it's done right, being a movie has certain advantages over a tv series, especially in the animation department. What exactly is this movie? Just an adaption of the first novel right?If runtime is say.. 100 minutes that would be roughly 4 tv episodes which is probably on par for one light novel being adapted into anime.
Then they better treat this like Kara no Kyoukai, which everyone laughed at when they decided to do it like that, but ended up being really successful.
Old 2009-11-21, 07:43   Link #76
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

Awesome trailer, I can't wait to get more sneak peeks of this. So far, Bungaku Shoujo is catching my interests. Plus, it's Production IG.
kirapika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 12:25   Link #77
FireChick

Hope nobody hates me for this, but I thought Hanazawa as Touko seems very good. Touko sounds very elegant. Plus she's sooooo pretty in her anime picture!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 21:39   Link #78
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Nobody would hate you for what you said, it's just than some of us than readed the novels are expecting something more like the image than we have of Tooko ( for sig making, I will stick with the novels's illustration over the animation )
Old 2009-11-29, 12:21   Link #79
Kunagisa

Hi guys! We have screencaps!

This website has all the available screencaps (2nd tab on the left, click the blue link next to the little camrecorder) and has the link to the short story =).

TOOKO WISH YOU A MARRY CHRISTMAS (Early I know, but this is an official artwork done by 竹岡 美穂. You can grab different sizes here. )
Old 2009-12-27, 21:08   Link #80
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

So anybody else watch the OVA?
It'll be strange to anyone who hasn't read the books yet, to say the least.
Anyway, prequel to the first novel, but nothing important really happens. I've gotten used to Hanazawa as Touko, but Konoha's VA is still sorta . Those are the only two characters that show up.

I also listened to the drama CDs.
Spoiler:

Of course, the drama CDs come in at a hefty 3h20m. The movie will probably come in at half that at most, which means a lot will be cut.

Tags
harem, shounen