AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-09-14, 12:13   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Manga] Chapter 464 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant part of the chapters. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 12:16   Link #2
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Why you opened it so soon? It is still Monday! Well early predictions : Sasuke - Raikage fight comes to a conclusion at the end of this chapter.

Edit: Apparently Gaara steps in and fights Sasuke?! Geez how random can this manga possibly get?! And Sasuke uses Susanoo which is black. Nice. But, does that mean Madara pops in anytime now? Coz Sasuke can't possibly fight all these guys single handedly.

Last edited by ChojinLocke; 2009-09-14 at 12:26.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 12:27   Link #3
james0246

Hunter probably opened the thread early because the One Piece spoilers have already come out...but since we knew those spoilers were going to come out early this week anyway, this might be a little premature....

Predictions: 1) Sasuke will continue to shuffle toward a victory by himself; 2) Madara will appear and mock Sasuke until Sasuke finally snaps and unleashes the full might of the MS (a full body Susanoo, etc); 3) Madara will just resuce Sasuke...

edit: Nevermind, it seems an actual spoiler is out...and a pretty stupid one at that...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-09-14 at 12:41.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 12:38   Link #4
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Told you Gaara would step-up mhmm. His sand blocks the Amaterasu? Waaat? That's awesome.
Old 2009-09-14, 12:42   Link #5
james0246

All I can say is Yes, the Raikage's arm is gone. He cut off his arm so as to stop the Amaterasu. So, the Amaterasu retains its l33tness another day....

btw, how the hell did Gaara's sand block a raiton infused attack?

At least we are seeing the emergeance of the full Susanoo, and now that Gaara has appeared maybe my initial predicition of his death will finally come to fruition...

Here's hoping some new info will save the day, because right now, this looks like a pretty stupid chapter.

edit: crap, and to top off the cheesiness, the damn Samurai lived.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-09-14 at 13:05.
Old 2009-09-14, 12:43   Link #6
iBeast

lol gaara i guess he has to remain relevant somehow maybe deidara's cousin/sister might pop up soon too.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 12:52   Link #7
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
edit: crap, and top off the cheesiness, the damn Samurai lived.
Lol they should have a side-story spinoff front page panel of this samurai. The trauma of living through Amaterasu, retiring from Samurai duty... a pyrophobia and fear of ninjas.
Old 2009-09-14, 12:57   Link #8
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
All I can say is Yes, the Raikage's arm is gone. He cut off his arm so as to stop the Amaterasu. So, the Amaterasu retains its l33tness another day....

At least we are seeing the emergeance of the full Susanoo, and now that Gaara has appeared maybe my initial predicition of his death will finally come to fruition...

Here's hoping some new info will save the day, because right now, this looks like a pretty stupid chapter.

edit: crap, and top off the cheesiness, the damn Samurai lived.
I have a few theories for that my friend. Listen closely as i shall explain

The sand bases guards of Gaara are not only infused with earth element. In fact. It's the weakness of lightning "wind" chakra which is also used for his sand based attacks. It was explain in the pre-timeskip that Gaara's sand based defenses require a massive amount of chakra. Both Naruto and Gaara have insane amounts of chakra but Gaara reached his limits sooner because his style is based on defense. I am ofcourse referring to his absolute defense. A defense which surely got greatly improved after he died. Besides insane speed has Gaara's defense no longer a real weakness. Anyways to sum it up...

Wind Based Chakra to control the movement of the Sand....
Earth Based Chakra to harden and strenghten the power of the Sand....

Sound actually pretty logical right? Time will show it...
Old 2009-09-14, 13:03   Link #9
Rahan

The Raikage's arm is gone, but he says he needs his arm to fight Sasuke and C says he is "almost there", so it looks like he is getting a new one.

And Sasuke vs Gaara isn't random. Kishi is trying to make Naruto important by making him looks like he is the only one who can beat Sasuke, so Sasuke is going to go through all the kages. First was Raikage (unscathed after his encounter with the Raikage thanks to Gaara, but the Raikage could at best sacrifice himself against a not-yet-fully-powered-by-Susanoo Sasuke, so I guess once Susanoo is fully awakened, the Raikage won't even be able to dream of hurting Sasuke), now it's Gaara's turn. Deidara's sister is probably going to call her boss at the rescue, so I guess Gimli is next.

Of course it's hilarious considering Sasuke won't kill any named character (and possibly no one at all) and the numbers of characters who already beat or could have beaten Sasuke.

But so be it. With Madara's speech last week, Sasuke became unstoppable for everyone except Naruto, and Kishi had to show it. And we have to bear with it.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 13:22   Link #10
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Sasuke isn't killing any Kage this chapter or the next i'm pretty sure. This whole skirmish will probably lead to nothing but retreating and trying again later to get at Danzou.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:25   Link #11
james0246

^I still predict that Naruto will arrive on the scene the second that Sasuke plunges a Chidori through Gaara's heart. There has to be a formal showing somehow of Sasuke's decent, otherwise, despite hsi recent power-ups, Sasuke is just the same old guy from the end of VotE.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:28   Link #12
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
^I still predict that Naruto will arrive on the scene the second that Sasuke plunges a Chidori through Gaara's heart. There has to be a formal showing somehow of Sasuke's decent, otherwise, despite hsi recent power-ups, Sasuke is just the same old guy from the end of VotE.
Then what was Gaara saved for if only to die again? It doesn't seem like he intends to fight him, he just stopped Raikage from burning himself alive more and attempting to contain Sasuke.

I suppose its possible but it'd be pretty dumb to kill him off just like that.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:28   Link #13
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I wonder how the black Susanoo is going to differ from Itachi's? Maybe it can shoot laser beams or something...

Meanwhile, I think maybe Madara's going to pop in the meeting room soon say hi to the other Kages and also recover Zetsu's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
The Raikage's arm is gone, but he says he needs his arm to fight Sasuke and C says he is "almost there", so it looks like he is getting a new one.

And Sasuke vs Gaara isn't random. Kishi is trying to make Naruto important by making him looks like he is the only one who can beat Sasuke, so Sasuke is going to go through all the kages. First was Raikage (unscathed after his encounter with the Raikage thanks to Gaara, but the Raikage could at best sacrifice himself against a not-yet-fully-powered-by-Susanoo Sasuke, so I guess once Susanoo is fully awakened, the Raikage won't even be able to dream of hurting Sasuke), now it's Gaara's turn. Deidara's sister is probably going to call her boss at the rescue, so I guess Gimli is next.
Mmmm... I still get the feeling that Sasuke's only going to fight Gaara and Raikage. He'll eventually start to weaken from the strain of Susanoo and MS. And he still has to save some strength to go after Danzou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja
Then what was Gaara saved for if only to die again? It doesn't seem like he intends to fight him, he just stopped Raikage from burning himself alive more and attempting to contain Sasuke.
Yeah, killing him off at this point would be redundant.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 13:29   Link #14
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Sound actually pretty logical right? Time will show it...
Gaara's special sand is special...duh
Very nice spoilers, it's good to see Gaara getting an interesting part again, and Sasuke being put in a dire situation for once...I mean, during all his previous adventures, one wouldn't say he has turned to the dark side, but Gaara saying that Sasuke will become like the old him...I still remember that hospital thriller episode :P
Black chakra, black flames, black Susano-o...is it just me or is it finally time for Sasuke to see black after using the MS for so long?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 13:30   Link #15
Rahan

Quote:
If that was the case, the Raikage would have been clearly defeated, or would be unable to get his arm back or something.

This chapter makes clear nothing significant is going to happen until the situations changes (Karin detected Danzou and Danzou wants to run away, so if he does, Sasuke will know and leave) or someone significant plotwise (Naruto or Madara) joins the fun.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 13:31   Link #16
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post

I suppose its possible but it'd be pretty dumb to kill him off just like that.
I never claimed that Gaara will die. A Healer (in C) is already present, not to mention that Sakura is on her way to Iron Country. I still think that Naruto must be fully confronted with Sasuke's "villainy", and the best way to show this is for Sasuke to visciously strike a blow against one of Naruto's friends.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:34   Link #17
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
I never claimed that Gaara will die. A Healer (ikn C) is already present, not to mention that Sakura is on her way to Iron Country. I still think that Naruto must be fully confronted with Sasuke's "villainy", and the best way to show this is for Sasuke to visciously strike a blow against one of Naruto's friends.
Quote:
Gaara has appeared maybe my initial predicition of his death will finally come to fruition...

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 13:37   Link #18
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Why not? Unless it was something like Chidory, I shouldn’t had passed, That is Gaaras ultimate defense, Even Deidara Explosions couldn’t go trough.

Quote:
Yeah, that was basically what I thought in the last chapter, it seems Sasuke was in the middle of the Susanoo summon before Raikage interrupted.

Well, we have a confirmation now that Raikage discarded his arm and that Someone stepped to save Sasuke, in this case Gaara, not to mention Susanoo is considered by Sasuke an ultimate defense.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:37   Link #19
james0246

^I never claimed in the post quoted by That Other Ninja that Gaara would die .

Honestly, I've always hated that Gaara was brought back to life, so I have been plotting his death ever since (I am also plotting Kakashi's death, if that is any consolation). .
Old 2009-09-14, 13:38   Link #20
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
I never claimed that Gaara will die. A Healer (ikn C) is already present, not to mention that Sakura is on her way to Iron Country. I still think that Naruto must be fully confronted with Sasuke's "villainy", and the best way to show this is for Sasuke to visciously strike a blow against one of Naruto's friends.
But didn't you say his heart?

Even for ninjas, chidori through a heart sounds like death and I don't see anybody around willing to give theirs up.

But anyway, Naruto's at an inn in the Land of Iron? I don't know whats going to happen but Sasuke's pretty dumb to be openly fighting where there are so many Kage's around, with their lackeys.