Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-14, 01:57   Link #2981
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Yeah sure, screw nobility and emotional honesty, just as long as it's interesting.

No seriously, I see what you're getting at and that's all well and good, but this is romance we're talking about here. While it may be interesting how Sakura has evolved and learned to like Naruto and not judge people beforehand (not that Kishi has made a big deal about that) I think that's just good from a general aspect. From a romantic aspect I think the idea that there is one person who has loved and admired Naruto from the beginning while others scorned him is really sweet.
It's fine you think that it's sweet. As for romance, you need two people for that. It has been Naruto's struggle to get Sakura, and he's taking the noblest route and just trying to get their companion back the whole time instead (opposed to actually trying like he did in the younger days). And there's actual emotional development between them through these post-Sasuke times. The only thing Hinata's got up on this is a confession which was not really acknowledged by him; as a matter in fact it was quite probably put to rest by the Sakura hug. And as I've said a million times in the past, it was all about Hinata's personal development and growth, not for the start of a relationship beyond friendship.
Old 2009-09-14, 03:11   Link #2982
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariYume View Post
I don't know how many times I've said this in one day. You seem to think by this idea called "Shounen Law"

There is no such thing as Shounen Law. The main hero does not have to end up with the main heroine.
not what i said but it's irrelevant anyway. main character is going to end up with main heroine in this case. sorry.

Quote:
You talk down on NaruHina like there hasn't been any build on it what so ever. It's based on SOMETHING. It doesn't come out of the air like...SasuHina.
as funny as this is, it's also very sad.

Quote:
Now for my two cents on the whole Hinata Confession fiasco.
Many people often have the misconception that just because Naruto doesn't give a response to Hinata's confession means that he is not in love with her. Right now, he has more pressing matters on his mind. He has just got wind that Sasuke has returned. It is not difficult to see why he chose to deal with Sasuke first before taking care of Hinata. Naruto does not know when the next time will come when he will finally have the opportunity of convincing Sasuke to return, as clearly shown by the numerous times in which he has failed to locate Sasuke. On top of all this, knowing that Sasuke has joined Akatsuki mush have had a profound impact on him. Not to mention that even if he did love Hinata (or Sakura), Sasuke would still irrefutably remain "his most important person".

Sakura knows Naruto's still in love with her but we don't know if she's still in love with Sasuke which I think is true. There's still a chance of Sakura rejecting Naruto..
colours aren't objective. your ship is based on a preference you're going down with, that's all there is to it.

Quote:
I find it more commendable to be unbiased and not ignorant in the first place.
impossible considering the circumstances...you cant ship and be free of bias, bias is a prerequisite to shipping and the core of it's lunacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let'sFightingLove View Post
Debating over shippings...that's like saying, hey, my favourite colour is better than yours.

Does it matter why it is? No, it doesn't.

Could it be a better colour OBJECTIVELY speaking? Sure it could, but how the shit could it be objective if it is based on a preference?

'Well, you're right, Green is the better colour but I don't like'

It doesn't make fucking sense.

Neither does arguing in favour of a pairing or against it pose any relevance to anything outside of your own subjectives simply because no one cares if 'GREEN IS kewler CUZ X AND Y AND ALL THAT JAZZ', it doesn't matter because red is their favourite colour regardless of any logic or reasoning, simply because a preference is not founded on it.
point is, whether your 'OTP' comes to fruition or not, you're still an idiot.

Last edited by Let'sFightingLove; 2009-09-14 at 03:25.
Old 2009-09-14, 07:16   Link #2983
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
impossible considering the circumstances...you cant ship and be free of bias, bias is a prerequisite to shipping and the core of it's lunacy.
No it's not. All it requires is for you to think that/want for two characters will get together. That's the only requirement.
Old 2009-09-14, 09:42   Link #2984
lotus_lee

Yes obviously. They have already done the Naruto&Hinata thing just to satisfy such fans and look where it ended up: nothing lol. Sakura's feelings for Naruto will be written more about as the story goes on and on. It's inevitable, no matter how much Naruto&Hinata fans want to deny it.
Old 2009-09-14, 11:07   Link #2985
ajnas
Banned

Quote:
Yeah sure, screw nobility and emotional honesty, just as long as it's interesting.
It would be shitty writting to build sympathic intrigue in romance and just killing it with fire for a shallow one sided attraction to the latter due to superficial reasons and main character instinct.

Quote:
No seriously, I see what you're getting at and that's all well and good, but this is romance we're talking about here.
I agree, Romance is subtle, relative and deep not akward and very ambigious. While Naruto has feelings for Sakura, he has not shown a deep and sincere moment with Sakura that isn't a branch of comic relief and or tied to Sasuke. While Hinata has been deep with her feelings with Naruto since part 1 all the time we've seen her.
Quote:
While it may be interesting how Sakura has evolved and learned to like Naruto and not judge people beforehand (not that Kishi has made a big deal about that) I think that's just good from a general aspect.
Fact is, Sakura was shown to love Sasuke first and foremost, it's a major part of her development. From the signs of it she was showing shallow and superficial signs of her portrayal to Sasuke just like Naruto but as the series progressed she learned about him more and started to feel realistic towards his pain and develop feelings for him that streches outside the cool avenger type. Sakura's the type that changes her viewpoint so it's nothing new she develops to Naruto from scolding banshee to loyal and deep friend. But it doesn't mean her feelings should change in terms of romantic standpoint up until now, she along with Hinata development have indirect purposes for the main characters for their own feelings.
Quote:
From a romantic aspect I think the idea that there is one person who has loved and admired Naruto from the beginning while others scorned him is really sweet.
I really agree, Kishi would have to be the most heartless mangaka to see Naruto for Sakura more accepting than Naruto and Hinata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It's fine you think that it's sweet. As for romance, you need two people for that. It has been Naruto's struggle to get Sakura, and he's taking the noblest route and just trying to get their companion back the whole time instead (opposed to actually trying like he did in the younger days).
You got it all wrong dude, it's Naruto's struggle to accept others like they didn't accept him. When Sakura pleaded Naruto to bring back Sasuke to her, he saw that she loved him and felt she was just like him in being heartbroken that the one she loved was the one he felt who he loved like a brother. Naruto never put Sakura ahead in his mind for any reasons of his character being related to the plot. He wants Sasuke back for himself and to bring Peace. It's a hyperbolye to use a third party for the actual confirmed mindset of the characters true feelings(Sai), overall it wouldn't go with the current setting which was before Sai heard Naruto making the bigger choice for Sakura's sake instead of his own sake and feelings.
Quote:
And there's actual emotional development between them through these post-Sasuke times.
It's not like there feelings are seperate out of Sasuke and their motivation to bring him back?
Quote:
The only thing Hinata's got up on this is a confession which was not really acknowledged by him; as a matter in fact it was quite probably put to rest by the Sakura hug.
Sakura's hug was a symbol of the villagers perspective on Naruto's safety and concern. It was strictly platonic and a representation of how far Naruto has gotten in life by the people who hated him. Hinata's confession was more intimate and personal than anything since she basically had stated what she did for Naruto was selfish and for her own benefit of her love for Naruto.
Quote:
And as I've said a million times in the past, it was all about Hinata's personal development and growth, not for the start of a relationship beyond friendship.
Hinata hasn't even grown in character yet, if she was finally done with her growth, she wouldn't have stayed back and watch Naruto get praised. She'd be in the front. Hinata was the one who saved not only Naruto but reopened his eyes as a shinobi and saw to beat Pain. She also is the one Naruto never acknowledged until now and finally a person who he can always fall back on in terms of love. Kishimoto knows he created a situation where eventually this love triangle will get resolved.

Quote:
not what i said but it's irrelevant anyway. main character is going to end up with main heroine in this case. sorry.
Main characters only end up with main heroines if the plot relates to both of the characters mutally as a basis of where the manga is heading, Sakura has no plot relation to the story other than being on Team 7.

Quote:
as funny as this is, it's also very sad.
Man, when has this ever been the case?

Quote:
colours aren't objective. your ship is based on a preference you're going down with, that's all there is to it.
Isn't NaruSaku based on a preference made by made up moments and conjetures made by other characters not mutal to the story and the plot?

Quote:
Basically your flamebaiting a insecure fashion.

Quote:
point is, whether your 'OTP' comes to fruition or not, you're still an idiot.
Isn't that calling the kettle black, I think he brings up a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee View Post
Yes obviously. They have already done the Naruto&Hinata thing just to satisfy such fans and look where it ended up: nothing lol. Sakura's feelings for Naruto will be written more about as the story goes on and on. It's inevitable, no matter how much Naruto&Hinata fans want to deny it.
How can you assume Sakura's feelings will continue to grow for Naruto when the manga has Sakura going down a path to seek yet another response to Naruto's bond with Sasuke the main man himself in terms of consciouness? Lets see here, what relevance can Sakura effect a personalized confession from the girl who's loved him since childhood and a revelation from the main villain about Sasuke's state and direct comparison to the themes of the manga which makes Naruto even more a key element to Sasuke's actions then anything? Theres two things Sakura can do, she can prove Madara right by choosing Naruto over Sasuke and giving him more fuel for his hatred as Sasuke is hanging by Naruto's love for him instead of the girl who loved him before and probably still does or Sakura giving Naruto a chance to explain to her whats going down and give Sakura new determination to save Sasuke and still harbor feelings for him as the love of a brother and a woman would probably save Sasuke's heart from darkness. Then theres Hinata, who can give Naruto what Sakura couldn't, recoiperated love and understanding. Sakura ending up with Naruto fits with nothing to plot is emulating at this point.

Also how come Naruto gets the girl and Sasuke doesn't? Karin is going to end up with Suigetsu cuz their compatible, so if Sauske ends up with no one, this manga would fail to change fate like Naruto represents.

Anyway I'm done here.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:10   Link #2986
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnas View Post
Main characters only end up with main heroines if the plot relates to both of the characters mutally as a basis of where the manga is heading, Sakura has no plot relation to the story other than being on Team 7.
Aside from her saving Kankuro, helping take down an Akatsuki and consequently finding a lead that would lead to the second arc? Half the plot in part 2 is centred on Naruto wanting to get Sasuke back and as has been revealed, Naruto is doing it primarily because he loves Sakua. Also Sakura is one of the three sannin parrelels. No plot relation my ass. And I fail to see how Hinata has been anything more than a plot device in part 2.

Quote:
How can you assume Sakura's feelings will continue to grow for Naruto when the manga has Sakura going down a path to seek yet another response to Naruto's bond with Sasuke the main man himself in terms of consciouness? Lets see here, what relevance can Sakura effect a personalized confession from the girl who's loved him since childhood and a revelation from the main villain about Sasuke's state and direct comparison to the themes of the manga which makes Naruto even more a key element to Sasuke's actions then anything? Theres two things Sakura can do, she can prove Madara right by choosing Naruto over Sasuke and giving him more fuel for his hatred as Sasuke is hanging by Naruto's love for him instead of the girl who loved him before and probably still does or Sakura giving Naruto a chance to explain to her whats going down and give Sakura new determination to save Sasuke and still harbor feelings for him as the love of a brother and a woman would probably save Sasuke's heart from darkness.
She can do the first option but we don't know if Sasuke actually loves Sakura so we don't know if Sasuke will just end up hating even more. He can't really since he broke those bonds for revenge. Suddenly deciding that Sakura should still love him even when he's done nothing but hurt her is a little idiotic don't you think?

In any case Sasuke dealing with hatred ought to involve him dealing with the love of his loife choose another person if his character development is to have any meaning. Besides, what makes you think Kishimoto would choose the shipping that has the least drama?

Quote:
Then theres Hinata, who can give Naruto what Sakura couldn't, recoiperated love and understanding. Sakura ending up with Naruto fits with nothing to plot is emulating at this point.
Actually there's a lot of relevance to the plot. Look at the three sannin parralels:

Naruto -> Jirayia
Sakura -> Tsunade
Orochimaru -> Sasuke

What Kakashi said to Kakuzu after his defeat: 'The next generation shall always surpass the last'

What Jiraiya failed to do that is relevant to Naruto:
Become Hokage. (his dream)
Save his traitorous bastard for a friend (Trying so very very hard)
Master Sage mode (done)
Find world peace (On the to do list)
Get the girl (Tsunade only finally realised her love for him AFTER he died)

Quote:
Also how come Naruto gets the girl and Sasuke doesn't? Karin is going to end up with Suigetsu cuz their compatible, so if Sauske ends up with no one, this manga would fail to change fate like Naruto represents..
You believe shipping is the answer to world peice? How in Gods name did you come to that conclusion?

Last edited by Haak; 2009-09-14 at 15:16.
Old 2009-09-14, 13:15   Link #2987
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
You got it all wrong dude, it's Naruto's struggle to accept others like they didn't accept him.
I agree that this is one of his struggles, but I also see 'getting the girl' one of them too. As well as the other things Jiraiya listed in his final moments.
Quote:
When Sakura pleaded Naruto to bring back Sasuke to her, he saw that she loved him and felt she was just like him in being heartbroken that the one she loved was the one he felt who he loved like a brother. Naruto never put Sakura ahead in his mind for any reasons of his character being related to the plot. He wants Sasuke back for himself and to bring Peace.
Yes he does, but that doesn't detract from the nobility of his character. I'm sure if she wasn't as foolhardily in love with emosuke back then, and more along the lines of Naruto (wanting their friend and teammate back), he may have told her his feelings, it has everything to do with the plot.
Quote:
It's a hyperbolye to use a third party for the actual confirmed mindset of the characters true feelings(Sai), overall it wouldn't go with the current setting which was before Sai heard Naruto making the bigger choice for Sakura's sake instead of his own sake and feelings. It's not like there feelings are seperate out of Sasuke and their motivation to bring him back?
I wouldn't say it's an exaggerations, Naruto basically told Sai his feelings for Sakura.
Quote:
Sakura's hug was a symbol of the villagers perspective on Naruto's safety and concern. It was strictly platonic and a representation of how far Naruto has gotten in life by the people who hated him.
I certainly didn't see that as a 'strictly platonic' hug. I don't think that Ino, Shika, or anyone else would hug him like that.
Quote:
Hinata hasn't even grown in character yet, if she was finally done with her growth, she wouldn't have stayed back and watch Naruto get praised. She'd be in the front.
We'll have to agree to disagree. There's certain personalities of people that just don't change, and Hinata's shyness is one of them.
Quote:
She also is the one Naruto never acknowledged until now and finally a person who he can always fall back on in terms of love.
I don't think that will work with this story, simply because of all the points FightingLove has made about the its structure and the direction its inevitably headed. Once again for the most immediate proof is Jiraiya's last words of things he failed at and that Naruto will succeed.
Quote:
Kishimoto knows he created a situation where eventually this love triangle will get resolved.
Indeed it will.
Quote:
The plot is related to where the characters are heading. Naruto is trying to stop/save Sasuke, Sakura's trying to be upfront with Naruto before it's too late...isn't this obvious?
Old 2009-09-14, 15:29   Link #2988
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
No it's not. All it requires is for you to think that/want for two characters will get together. That's the only requirement.
Ever see someone support a pairing comprising of characters they were less than fond of?

It's because no one gives a shit about characters they don't like, they support a pairing because the characters it consists of are ones they are interested in.

Look at the Sasuke x sakura fanbase for fucks sake, I truly hope I need not elaborate.

it's 10000000% bias and preference and nothing but shit, trust me.

examine your own pairings of choice, you'll see I'm right

Here's a question for you: Why do you place faith in something so indeterminable?

I mean, from the very start you become wishful and frolic at the prospect of your favourite pairing becoming conclusive in a positive light, but do you understand whether or not this is the case, it was as haphazard of a guess than any other?

The way I see it is, you only take the risk when you're out of any other options, or in this case, there being only one option that is your favourite colour/pairing preference, you take the risk unconditionally, simply because you have no other choice.

All I'm saying is that adhering to a baseless prospect unconditionally and without any reasoning behind it, is nothing more than having a favourite colour and thus being incompetent to defending it objectively simply because it is not objective, it is subjective.

Quote:

Also how come Naruto gets the girl and Sasuke doesn't? Karin is going to end up with Suigetsu cuz their compatible, so if Sauske ends up with no one, this manga would fail to change fate like Naruto represents.
karin x suigetsu kawaii desu?

Last edited by Let'sFightingLove; 2009-09-14 at 15:54.
Old 2009-09-14, 17:41   Link #2989
Takashipl

I'm to lazy to cite posts above :P But still some points to make:
- Sannin parallel: it's as bright as sun, but yet some people miss that. That's one of the reasons i belive in NS ending
We have two choices: NaruSaku and NaruHina. Let's do quick recap of Sakura's and Hinata's feelings

Hinata:
- she had crush on Naruto since academy (why, i can't say - he was really irritating then)
- most of her developement has been done in fillers, and in manga she got one moment of importance, when she confessed; after which it was ignored like it never happened

Sakura:
- she hated Naruto for getting in the way of her conquering Sasuke, and she saw him as little, irritating rascal (to be honest - not entirely without reasons)
- gradually, she started to acknowledge him for who he was: strong, caring, loyal friend
- in part 2, she showed that she cares for him: after Chiyo's talk about jinchuuriki fate, after he went 4-tail, when he was training

Now, after Sai's words, she had to sort out her feelings for Naruto. We don't know what is the result. Her thoughts suggest that she might love Naruto back, but I'd like to wait for their talk before drawing conclusions. After all, she might have decided that she loves him as a brother. Although, basing on sannin's fates i'd say it's unlikely.

Quote:
Ever see someone support a pairing comprising of characters they were less than fond of?

It's because no one gives a shit about characters they don't like, they support a pairing because the characters it consists of are ones they are interested in.
True, true... I like Naruto because i see myself in him, and that's why i'd like him to get the girl he wants - namely Sakura And altough i like Hinata too, she's too.. flat for me. She has no depth, she is all about loving Naruto and that's just too shallow for me. Sakura's developement was much more interesting to read and i'll be happy to see them together.

PS. Kishi will make a big surprise and give us NaruTema ending Which i also like, why there's no thread about that? xD
Old 2009-09-14, 23:26   Link #2990
ajnas
Banned

Quote:
Aside from her saving Kankuro, helping take down an Akatsuki and consequently finding a lead that would lead to the second arc?
And? It's not like these developments move the story forward, these things are just supplementary for the fact that Sakura is a main character to develop her character. Shikamaru for example developed on main character terms of development but he's not a main character, it's just a moment of personal growth, some would say Hinata was on main character terms of development by confessing love like feelings in front of Naruto and the leader of akatsuki.
Quote:
Half the plot in part 2 is centred on Naruto wanting to get Sasuke back and as has been revealed, Naruto is doing it primarily because he loves Sakua.
He isn't saving Sasuke for his own benefit though, time and time again, Naruto's feelings for Sasuke have been explained as more complex and virtuous than his so called love for Sakura. Naruto wants Sasuke back because he's the main reason he has a strive for acceptance in the first place and is his best bond ever. Sakura is also tied in this because he knows Sakura has the same feeling of being happy with Sasuke than he does and does everything he can to get him back for his and hers sake.
Quote:
Also Sakura is one of the three sannin parrelels.
It's not like Tsunade and Sakura are directly compared as characters, Tsunade was part of the stories main plot device reguarding the first Hokage, Sakura has no story or part of the plot as she is normal. For romantic purposes, Tsunade loved Dan before Jiraya, is that what you're implying?
Quote:
No plot relation my ass.
Yeah, where is her place in Naruto's plot, a baby maker for either main characters? I doubt she'll be more than a medic that is tied to the main characters and even then her presense wouldn't effect the dynamic the two share.
Quote:
And I fail to see how Hinata has been anything more than a plot device in part 2.
Hinata managed to be a medium of love and respect for the main character since her introduction, and has shown more sincere love and kindness to Naruto than Sakura ever has. Also she along Shikamaru have had moments with Naruto directly without being in Team 7.

Quote:
She can do the first option but we don't know if Sasuke actually loves Sakura so we don't know if Sasuke will just end up hating even more. He can't really since he broke those bonds for revenge. Suddenly deciding that Sakura should still love him even when he's done nothing but hurt her is a little idiotic don't you think?
It's not like Kishimoto has Sasuke being an asshole on purpose, he's stated that Sasuke has lost his way and heart to hatred. He has to be redeemed, and it's gotta be through the friends who loved him for who he was to them. Sakura still loving Sasuke is genuine to me, it shows her willpower and instinct to stay focused on the bigger picture, just like Naruto.

Quote:
In any case Sasuke dealing with hatred ought to involve him dealing with the love of his loife choose another person if his character development is to have any meaning. Besides, what makes you think Kishimoto would choose the shipping that has the least drama?
Wait you think NaruSaku is more dramatic than Sasuke in general who's put Naruto in a situation where he has to make a choice in saving or fighting him to the death for Madara's amusing ways? LOL man, thats insane.

Quote:
Actually there's a lot of relevance to the plot. Look at the three sannin parralels:

Naruto -> Jirayia
Sakura -> Tsunade
Orochimaru -> Sasuke
You know, Parralels with the Sannin doesn't dictate the fate of the characters main goals in the end. Just because Jiraya is a catylstist for Naruto's goals doesn't mean he's gonna follow them in the exact same way. Same with Tsunade and Orochimaru. Sasuke going the way of Madara now. Sakura? It's her own path connected to her two friends actions.

Quote:
What Kakashi said to Kakuzu after his defeat: 'The next generation shall always surpass the last'
Bullshit to me, if Pain and Itachi wanted to, Naruto and Sasuke would be dead.

Quote:
What Jiraiya failed to do that is relevant to Naruto:
Become Hokage. (his dream)
Save his traitorous bastard for a friend (Trying so very very hard)
Master Sage mode (done)
Find world peace (On the to do list)
Get the girl (Tsunade only finally realised her love for him AFTER he died)
Jiraya basically failed to save his teacher and yet Kakashi still lives.
Well Naruto was going to save Sasuke anyway since thats his ninfo.
Jiraya is the Frog Sage for a reason, Naruto may have better control of Sage Mode, but Jman is far more skilled with it.
Thats something Pain seeked out first, so it's not a big deal.
The girl can be anyone, if you want comparisons take Minato and Kushina who looks like Hinata kinda.

Quote:
You believe shipping is the answer to world peice? How in Gods name did you come to that conclusion?
You simply believe the shipping that most ties to Jiraya and Tsunade will be foreshadowed for Naruto and Sakura even though J man never had a secondary love interest and a interest in Oro.

Quote:
I agree that this is one of his struggles, but I also see 'getting the girl' one of them too. As well as the other things Jiraiya listed in his final moments.
J man is just a parrelel that ambigously puts Naruto on the spot of acheiving goals J man could not, but Naruto has to become his fathers succesor not J man. So it's up in the air.

Quote:
Yes he does, but that doesn't detract from the nobility of his character. I'm sure if she wasn't as foolhardily in love with emosuke back then, and more along the lines of Naruto (wanting their friend and teammate back), he may have told her his feelings, it has everything to do with the plot.
It's said in canon and Naruto's mouth, Sasuke was the first person who understood him the most out of anyone, it's not nobilty it's pure obsession with the rival and the strong dynamic between the two, everything he's ever wished for is put on hold for Sasuke, his main goal is Sasuke, his dream is Sasuke, his vision is a world with Sasuke. Sakura simply doesn't comply with the plot setting, and Naruto doesn't really bring up his feelings for her when it has nothing to do with Sasuke. The fact Sai doesn't know how strong Sasuke and Naruto's bond is and has to talk to Sakura about something he thinks is right, means Sai doesn't truly understand Naruto.

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's an exaggerations, Naruto basically told Sai his feelings for Sakura.
Naruto said he couldn't confess due to making a promise to the girl about Sasuke. And Sakura realizes Naruto's a retard for still loving her for her sake with Sasuke even though this isn't the case so Sakura and Sai's guess is as good as Naruto's. In fact, obviously it's not about holding back his feelings anymore, it's about being a man that would be a total douchebag honeing in on Sakura without the main thing Sakura supposedly loves.

Quote:
I certainly didn't see that as a 'strictly platonic' hug. I don't think that Ino, Shika, or anyone else would hug him like that.
Sakura punched him and then pulled him up with her hand on his neck from punching him, it was platonic if not sisterly.

Quote:
We'll have to agree to disagree. There's certain personalities of people that just don't change, and Hinata's shyness is one of them.
Naruto hasn't changed his impulsiveness and goofy nature, Sakura hasn't changed her condenscending go hung ways and tsundere traits. It's a trait of Hinata that she's shy, but this isn't what makes her weak. Hinata shown passion to kill herself to save Naruto. Thats clearly not what makes Hinata weak.

Quote:
I don't think that will work with this story, simply because of all the points FightingLove has made about the its structure and the direction its inevitably headed. Once again for the most immediate proof is Jiraiya's last words of things he failed at and that Naruto will succeed.
Your arguement is flawed, the direction only effects the main themes direction and progression. J man was a character that represented the failure of his life compared to his students and was a main motivator for Naruto's new growth. But his life and objectives were his own that nobody has been foreshadowed to carry his will through his eyes. Naruto has to succeed his father as a ninja and as Hokage, and nothing J man does with change that. By the way, J man never had a Hinata in his life, so that kills the whole Naruto must love Sakura for the sake of Jman and Tsunade's secret lub.

Quote:
Indeed it will.

The plot is related to where the characters are heading. Naruto is trying to stop/save Sasuke, Sakura's trying to be upfront with Naruto before it's too late...isn't this obvious?
You act like this story is focused on Sakura and Naruto's love for each other, damnit. It's about Sasuke and Naruto trying to change to old ninja ways together or die trying to fight a cause that would plunge the ninja world into chaos and death. Not Sakura opening her eyes for Naruto. Sakura's trying to tell Naruto something, but I doubt it's about her feelings for him. Remember she wants to change and not be a screw up anymore, she wants to make a difference.

Quote:

Look at the Sasuke x sakura fanbase for fucks sake, I truly hope I need not elaborate.

Here's a question for you: Why do you place faith in something so indeterminable?

I mean, from the very start you become wishful and frolic at the prospect of your favourite pairing becoming conclusive in a positive light, but do you understand whether or not this is the case, it was as haphazard of a guess than any other?

The way I see it is, you only take the risk when you're out of any other options, or in this case, there being only one option that is your favourite colour/pairing preference, you take the risk unconditionally, simply because you have no other choice.

All I'm saying is that adhering to a baseless prospect unconditionally and without any reasoning behind it, is nothing more than having a favourite colour and thus being incompetent to defending it objectively simply because it is not objective, it is subjective.

karin x suigetsu kawaii desu?
Example Maiko, even though Zutara was the main paring.

You just killed your own arguement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashipl View Post
I'm to lazy to cite posts above :P But still some points to make:
- Sannin parallel: it's as bright as sun, but yet some people miss that. That's one of the reasons i belive in NS ending
We have two choices: NaruSaku and NaruHina. Let's do quick recap of Sakura's and Hinata's feelings
Sasuke is not parallel to Oro. Sakura is not parrellel to Tsunade(unless you want to say Nakawi is Sakura's viewpoint on Naruto, a brother who wants to be Hokage). And Naruto and J man, thats the only thing thats a direct parrelel but J man had attaction to many women and wrote books and often teased Tsunade instead of being Tsunade's man bitch. Also J man accepted Dan and Tsunade, it was in his dying moments he regretted not getting anywhere with Tsunade but he still was acceptable with his life.

Quote:
Hinata:
- she had crush on Naruto since academy (why, i can't say - he was really irritating then)
- most of her developement has been done in fillers, and in manga she got one moment of importance, when she confessed; after which it was ignored like it never happened
You forgot something.

-She acknoweldged the main character before anyone else did as strong.
-She healed him
-She gave Naruto the confidence to fight for himself as the guy who never gives up or goes back on his word against Neji.
-She saw Naruto go off
-Almost all her team knows off her feelings for Naruto
-She helped Naruto track the hideout, she played the big picture and scouted Madara
-She saved Naruto from Pain and on her behalf used her will of fire to create probably the most powerful hyuuga technique after 64 palms.

Yeah she obviously didn't do anything for Naruto romantic or character wise.

Quote:
Sakura:
- she hated Naruto for getting in the way of her conquering Sasuke, and she saw him as little, irritating rascal (to be honest - not entirely without reasons)
It's not like she despised him she disliked him because he couldn't understand her. She was jealous of Naruto beating Neji as well.
Quote:
- gradually, she started to acknowledge him for who he was: strong, caring, loyal friend
After Sasuke left. And after Sasuke told her about the things Naruto had done for her. Hell without Sasuke, Sakura would have never been Naruto's friend.
Quote:
- in part 2, she showed that she cares for him: after Chiyo's talk about jinchuuriki fate, after he went 4-tail, when he was training
Well it's Sakura, she cried when Lee was in the hospital with Ino.

Quote:
Now, after Sai's words, she had to sort out her feelings for Naruto. We don't know what is the result. Her thoughts suggest that she might love Naruto back, but I'd like to wait for their talk before drawing conclusions.
Lets not blow things out of perportion, Sai is still not a reliable source of relationships between Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura, he just wanted to vouch for Naruto's sake and help by making Sakura feel bad that Naruto is doing stuff beyond his and Sakura's control reguarding Sasuke. Naruto would most likely end up telling Sakura that he loves her in a way he loves Sasuke like a sister or something because after Hinata I can't see him going back to where Sai concluded Naruto's still in love with Sakura when a stronger love just made him balistic in more ways than one.
Quote:
After all, she might have decided that she loves him as a brother. Although, basing on sannin's fates i'd say it's unlikely.
Again with the Sannin parrelels, it's over. Sasuke is Madara and Naruto is Shodai. Sakura may still be Tsunade in skill but romance wise, she's any other lucky girl with a love story. Hinata just basically strecthed to love connection to Naruto by extremes means. Naruto would be a shit hole to deny this.

Quote:
True, true... I like Naruto because i see myself in him, and that's why i'd like him to get the girl he wants - namely Sakura
So it's all about what Naruto wants because you feel he deserves the broad with the less plot relation and the annoying traits instead of kind, beutiful and overall better Hinata? Hell lets put Sasuke up then, you know the girl of his dreams is the emo avenger with the hax eyes.
Quote:
And altough i like Hinata too, she's too.. flat for me. She has no depth, she is all about loving Naruto and that's just too shallow for me.
The reason she has little development is because Sakura hogs all the spotlight as a the female protagonist, it's unfair to fault her for being this way due to plot reasons, and quite frankly I'm getting tired of Sakura's face being shown alll the time especially when it contributes nothing to the plot and it always shows Sakura backtracking, messing up, and being completely and utterly useless. Hinata at least has more sympathtic traits than Sakura and shows her determination without it being contridictive to the statements she makes of growing strong aka Suckura.
Quote:
Sakura's developement was much more interesting to read and i'll be happy to see them together.
What development, all she does is heal and cry and then attempt to be funny by knocking Naruto around. Compare that to a hyuuga heiress who creates lion fists from thin air.

Quote:
PS. Kishi will make a big surprise and give us NaruTema ending Which i also like, why there's no thread about that? xD
Temari is already taken, this ShikaTema stuff is easily predictable don't you agree?
Old 2009-09-15, 00:16   Link #2991
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
creates lion fists from thin air
quite possibly the best defense from a NaruHina supporter I have heard to date.
Old 2009-09-15, 00:27   Link #2992
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
J man is just a parrelel that ambigously puts Naruto on the spot of acheiving goals J man could not, but Naruto has to become his fathers succesor not J man. So it's up in the air.
It's about the future surpassing the former generations, it doesn't just have to be his dad. We've seen both Jiraiya and Yondaime's ghosts reflected on Naruto (grandpa frog)
Quote:
It's said in canon and Naruto's mouth, Sasuke was the first person who understood him the most out of anyone, it's not nobilty it's pure obsession with the rival and the strong dynamic between the two, everything he's ever wished for is put on hold for Sasuke, his main goal is Sasuke, his dream is Sasuke, his vision is a world with Sasuke. Sakura simply doesn't comply with the plot setting, and Naruto doesn't really bring up his feelings for her when it has nothing to do with Sasuke. The fact Sai doesn't know how strong Sasuke and Naruto's bond is and has to talk to Sakura about something he thinks is right, means Sai doesn't truly understand Naruto.
I do agree that he's obsessed with him in his own interests. But this still doesn't take Sakura out of the picture, she doesn't have to do with the rivalry as much but she's the love interest in middle of it.
Quote:
Naruto said he couldn't confess due to making a promise to the girl about Sasuke. And Sakura realizes Naruto's a retard for still loving her for her sake with Sasuke even though this isn't the case so Sakura and Sai's guess is as good as Naruto's. In fact, obviously it's not about holding back his feelings anymore, it's about being a man that would be a total douchebag honeing in on Sakura without the main thing Sakura supposedly loves.
It's not about guessing, he was about as clear as he is going to be until a straight up confession scene. I don't understand why you can't see this.
Quote:
Sakura punched him and then pulled him up with her hand on his neck from punching him, it was platonic if not sisterly.
It was a scene of contrast, the punch was classic Sakura, the hug was not.
Quote:
Naruto hasn't changed his impulsiveness and goofy nature, Sakura hasn't changed her condenscending go hung ways and tsundere traits. It's a trait of Hinata that she's shy, but this isn't what makes her weak. Hinata shown passion to kill herself to save Naruto. Thats clearly not what makes Hinata weak.
I didn't say it made her weak, I'm saying that the reason she wasn't "up front" is because that's just the way she is. You were warping her to look like some kind of "I'm totally here for you" thing when it was just a moment that she had an uprising of confidence during the Pein fight.
Quote:
Your arguement is flawed, the direction only effects the main themes direction and progression. J man was a character that represented the failure of his life compared to his students and was a main motivator for Naruto's new growth. But his life and objectives were his own that nobody has been foreshadowed to carry his will through his eyes. Naruto has to succeed his father as a ninja and as Hokage, and nothing J man does with change that. By the way, J man never had a Hinata in his life, so that kills the whole Naruto must love Sakura for the sake of Jman and Tsunade's secret lub.
Once again, its about surpassing them both, and Kishi I believe deliberately listed his failures to contrast what will be Naruto's successes. As for the last sentence you have here, I don't believe Hinata is of any more than Haak said, a 'plot device'. It sure as hell doesn't kill the similarity of Jiraiya and Tsunade ~ Naruto and Sakura.
Quote:
You act like this story is focused on Sakura and Naruto's love for each other, damnit.
What can I say I like my pairings . It's about as much as I can stand while the chapters are currently about Sasuke pounding away at the thundergod of I don't care.
Quote:
It's about Sasuke and Naruto trying to change to old ninja ways together or die trying to fight a cause that would plunge the ninja world into chaos and death. Not Sakura opening her eyes for Naruto. Sakura's trying to tell Naruto something, but I doubt it's about her feelings for him. Remember she wants to change and not be a screw up anymore, she wants to make a difference.
I don't disagree with the 'changing the ninja' stuff but I don't see why it can't be that and her feelings (and then some other side stuff). Just because you don't see it the same way doesn't mean other things on the side don't count. Kishi emphasizes it about as much as he can, and from the amount of work he's already put into a number of these relationships, I doubt he'll leave it at something platonic between the two. That's my take dude.

Quote:
Haha!
Old 2009-09-15, 03:31   Link #2993
ajnas
Banned

Quote:
I do my best.

Quote:
It's about the future surpassing the former generations, it doesn't just have to be his dad. We've seen both Jiraiya and Yondaime's ghosts reflected on Naruto (grandpa frog)
It's still Naruto's actions that matter, it's his choice on what path to follow. Even if it's anti climatic, the manga steers towards Naruto's own path in life not paths of others, but Naruto has to carry out the mission for peace which Jiraya and Yondaime couldn't do.

Quote:
I do agree that he's obsessed with him in his own interests. But this still doesn't take Sakura out of the picture, she doesn't have to do with the rivalry as much but she's the love interest in middle of it.
The love interest? It's sad thats all her character amounts to, the love interest. She couldn't simply be a successor of Tsunade or Kabuto now can she?

Quote:
It's not about guessing, he was about as clear as he is going to be until a straight up confession scene. I don't understand why you can't see this.
Sai straight up said he didn't know what the hell he was seeing in the Team 7 bond, so he just made a conclusion based on what happened so far to create tension between Naruto and Sakura both. It was his opinion that Naruto felt for Sakura because of a promise he kept to her, but he doesn't know that it's far more than that.

Quote:
It was a scene of contrast, the punch was classic Sakura, the hug was not.
Nah, it was a scene that was in character for Sakura. Bitch is bipolar after all.

Quote:
I didn't say it made her weak, I'm saying that the reason she wasn't "up front" is because that's just the way she is. You were warping her to look like some kind of "I'm totally here for you" thing when it was just a moment that she had an uprising of confidence during the Pein fight.
It makes no sense for her to be spontaneous and open minded like Sakura, but her feelings and devotion for Naruto is just as strong if not stronger than Sakura's. Her showing proves she would never abandon Naruto or be hesistant to save him. Hinata would act out for Naruto, if it meant pleasing him. Just like Sakura did for Sasuke on Naruto's behalf.

Quote:
Once again, its about surpassing them both, and Kishi I believe deliberately listed his failures to contrast what will be Naruto's successes. As for the last sentence you have here, I don't believe Hinata is of any more than Haak said, a 'plot device'. It sure as hell doesn't kill the similarity of Jiraiya and Tsunade ~ Naruto and Sakura.
J mans failures are his own fault, he doesn't need to be the same as Naruto in terms of comparable status quo. Your basing his failures off of something Naruto never did up until now and thats conjecture on your part. Hinata is more a base of Naruto's nindo then any character shown so far, I'd hardly call her a plot device. She has a family, backround and a sense of being a loser and hardworker like Naruto is being the one who basically based her growth off of his. J man and Tsunade similar with Naruto and Sakura is also conjecture, just because the Teachers and the students are the same doesn't mean their love lives have to be intertwined as well.

Quote:
What can I say I like my pairings . It's about as much as I can stand while the chapters are currently about Sasuke pounding away at the thundergod of I don't care.
But the pairing your basing off is a unorthodox situation between the bond between a guy and a girl who like each other because of one person in piticular. How is that even right?

Quote:
I don't disagree with the 'changing the ninja' stuff but I don't see why it can't be that and her feelings (and then some other side stuff). Just because you don't see it the same way doesn't mean other things on the side don't count. Kishi emphasizes it about as much as he can, and from the amount of work he's already put into a number of these relationships, I doubt he'll leave it at something platonic between the two. That's my take dude.
What work? he's got them closer because of his own theme of bonds, and really Naruto and Sakura have no basis outside of Sasuke and his descent towards darkness. Fact is, Sakura knows Hinata loves Naruto, and Naruto (with Sai's conscious) was brought up in past tense about his feelings for Sakura even though that was long ago and Hinata's confession happened afterwards so Naruto's opinion on Sakura might be different. We have only a confession and a statement from a third party that makes or breaks NaruHina or NaruSaku, but due to the writting currently, pairings between Naruto, Hinata and Sakura are irrelevant now. But if you want my opinion, Hinata won, the cliffhanger between her feelings and Naruto's expression means this pairing is stiring towards the sun than Sakura confessing to Naruto, which in turn means NaruSaku should not happen due to the moral compromise of underdog seeing eye to eye with the girl from a far whom he never acknowledged. It's in Sakura's ball court basically, but I don't see her stomping on Hinata's heart without her concent on how she feels.
Old 2009-09-15, 07:51   Link #2994
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
And? It's not like these developments move the story forward, these things are just supplementary for the fact that Sakura is a main character to develop her character. Shikamaru for example developed on main character terms of development but he's not a main character, it's just a moment of personal growth, some would say Hinata was on main character terms of development by confessing love like feelings in front of Naruto and the leader of akatsuki. He isn't saving Sasuke for his own benefit though, time and time again, Naruto's feelings for Sasuke have been explained as more complex and virtuous than his so called love for Sakura. Naruto wants Sasuke back because he's the main reason he has a strive for acceptance in the first place and is his best bond ever. Sakura is also tied in this because he knows Sakura has the same feeling of being happy with Sasuke than he does and does everything he can to get him back for his and hers sake. It's not like Tsunade and Sakura are directly compared as characters, Tsunade was part of the stories main plot device reguarding the first Hokage, Sakura has no story or part of the plot as she is normal. For romantic purposes, Tsunade loved Dan before Jiraya, is that what you're implying?Yeah, where is her place in Naruto's plot, a baby maker for either main characters? I doubt she'll be more than a medic that is tied to the main characters and even then her presense wouldn't effect the dynamic the two share. Hinata managed to be a medium of love and respect for the main character since her introduction, and has shown more sincere love and kindness to Naruto than Sakura ever has. Also she along Shikamaru have had moments with Naruto directly without being in Team 7.
Sakura beating an Akatsuki and finding the lead that lead to the next arc does move the story foward so I don't know what you're talking about. The last Sakura chapter is more than enough proof that Sakura has relevance to the plot.

Time and time again? I call BS. Naruto is doing it for Sakura because he made a promise to her and he loves her. Naruto isn't doing it for acceptance. He's past that. The whole village loves him. Naruto wants Sasuke back because Sasuke is his friend and he doesn't give up on friends. Jiraiya was the same but ultimately gave up.

Sakura and Tsunade are pretty much identical in everything except appearance and name. Them having different relevance to the plot doesn't mean anything. Oro and sasuke have different plot relevance. Jiriaya and Naruto have different plot relevance. That doesn't mean the three sannin parrelel doesn't hold.

Hinata has had minor character development that many teenage school girls go through. Big whoop. Just one chapter. A whole arc was based on Shikimaru. Please don't compare the two. Hinata has not managed to be a medium of love and respect for Naruto so i don't know what you're talking about there, either. In order to be a medium of love and respect Naruto must reciprocate her feelings which he hasn't even hinted of doing so. By your logic Naruto is a medium of love and respect to Sakura. Hinata only liked Naruto because she saw how extraverted he was and she wanted to be like that.

Quote:
It's not like Kishimoto has Sasuke being an asshole on purpose, he's stated that Sasuke has lost his way and heart to hatred. He has to be redeemed, and it's gotta be through the friends who loved him for who he was to them. Sakura still loving Sasuke is genuine to me, it shows her willpower and instinct to stay focused on the bigger picture, just like Naruto.
My point still stands.

Quote:
Wait you think NaruSaku is more dramatic than Sasuke in general who's put Naruto in a situation where he has to make a choice in saving or fighting him to the death for Madara's amusing ways? LOL man, thats insane.
Narusaku is more dramatic than Naruhina and Sasusaku. Your logic, not mine

Quote:
You know, Parralels with the Sannin doesn't dictate the fate of the characters main goals in the end. Just because Jiraya is a catylstist for Naruto's goals doesn't mean he's gonna follow them in the exact same way. Same with Tsunade and Orochimaru. Sasuke going the way of Madara now. Sakura? It's her own path connected to her two friends actions.
Yes they do. Madara's way and Orochimaru's way are the same: Hatred and Revenge.

Quote:
Bullshit to me, if Pain and Itachi wanted to, Naruto and Sasuke would be dead.
Pain maybe, but it's been emphasised in the latest chapters that Sasuke has surpassed Itachi. Orochimaru commented that Sasuke would surpass Itachi and Sasuke himself proved it when he was able to beat Itachi's stronger MS genjutsu with a weaker regular sharingan. It's theme of the bloody manga, for crying out loud.

Quote:
Jiraya basically failed to save his teacher and yet Kakashi still lives.
Well Naruto was going to save Sasuke anyway since thats his ninfo.
Jiraya is the Frog Sage for a reason, Naruto may have better control of Sage Mode, but Jman is far more skilled with it.
Thats something Pain seeked out first, so it's not a big deal.
The girl can be anyone, if you want comparisons take Minato and Kushina who looks like Hinata kinda.
None of this is making any sense whatsoever.
I don't see what Kakashi has to do with anything and I never said anything about Jiriaya's teacher.
Jiraiya has more experience in sage mode. It's pretty damn obvious that Naruto will surpass him here.
Actually Jiraiya seeked it out first and told of it to Pain. It is a big deal, regardless of the fact that Naruto got it from someone and not Jiraiya. Same with the Sasuke thing.
The girl can not be anyone. Jiraiya loved Tsunade and Naruto's and Sakura's relationship parralels with theirs.

Quote:
You simply believe the shipping that most ties to Jiraya and Tsunade will be foreshadowed for Naruto and Sakura even though J man never had a secondary love interest and a interest in Oro.
Yes. Because Hinata is nothing more than a plot device and doesn't count as a secondary love interest. No more so than Rock Lee would for Sakura.
I don't see how Hinata fits with Naruto's nindo. Isn't Naruto's nindo is to never give up? That relates more to Sakura doesn't it? And why would Jiraiya have a love interest in Orochimaru? Jiraiya did try and get Orochimaru back but Orochimaru attacked him instead. That's why he left Konoha. To follow Orochimaru and gain information on the organization he joined - The Akatsuki. It's why he couldn't become hokage after Minato died and sarutobi had to fill in. This also parralels with Naruto since when Sasuke asked naruto why didn't focus more on becoming Hokage, Naruto responded that could someone become Hokage if they couldn't even save their friends. Why do you think Jiraiya still refused to become Hokage after Sarutobi died?

Last edited by Haak; 2009-09-15 at 15:18.
Old 2009-09-15, 09:58   Link #2995
clawer123

I really want to say again.. it is somewhat i have read some post that quite distract me i am so sorry if i had no direct sense of posting and i kinda make used in addressing in general format.

REMEMBER the philosophies made by Kishi surpassing the older generation. Naruto can make his own decision but it is still RELATED on succession the previous ones. IT IS QUITE IMPORTANT and ALSO BONDS (read Let's Fighting Love POST for more)
Sai's encountering on Sakura is not making tensions he just WANT TO CLEAR THINGS OUT.. even he does not know what are the happenings on team 7.. he is more concerned what is happening at the PRESENT..the state he saw Naruto's rare deep feelings about Sakura and how far he will do..
and about Hinata.. it is quite clear the conclusion there is the HUG.. she saw and she ACCEPTED.. nothing more
and AGAIN and AGAIN..
The Confession of Hinata is on her development of CHARACTER NOT NARUHINA.. and if you satisfied in this statement and still insist it is path for NARUHINA/ must solved first etc...(also implies SasuSaku)

read again (in the manga) CHAPTER 3.. charming foreshadowing where Sakura must really know that Naruto disguised as Sasuke. and if Sakura knows that the man of her dreams is not Sasuke who really understood her in good/bad way, the it would be somewhat a canon? and it must be solved first.
Old 2009-09-15, 11:50   Link #2996
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:

A majority of shippers are this but they're only a sub type.

Quote:
Unfortunately not. My shipping preferances are based on which I think produces the better or more complicated plot. If I shipped to what I'd like then I'd be a zutarian (who I instead think are scum of the earth) and Naruhina (yes that's right)

Quote:
I don't really have faith in it. I just think it'll happen. If it doesn't then it doesn't.

Besides shipping isn't indeterminable. It either happens or it doesn't. The existence of God is indeterminable. But shipping isn't.
Old 2009-09-15, 11:53   Link #2997
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:

It's still Naruto's actions that matter, it's his choice on what path to follow. Even if it's anti climatic, the manga steers towards Naruto's own path in life not paths of others, but Naruto has to carry out the mission for peace which Jiraya and Yondaime couldn't do.
Indeed, and I see of them being Jiraiya's listed failures...
Quote:

The love interest? It's sad thats all her character amounts to, the love interest. She couldn't simply be a successor of Tsunade or Kabuto now can she?
Err...Kabuto? lol I wouldn't go that far. She can certainly be the strong, genius medical ninja, I'm not denying her of that. I'm just concentrating on this aspect more.
Quote:
Sai straight up said he didn't know what the hell he was seeing in the Team 7 bond, so he just made a conclusion based on what happened so far to create tension between Naruto and Sakura both. It was his opinion that Naruto felt for Sakura because of a promise he kept to her, but he doesn't know that it's far more than that.
Far more than what? As far as Team 7 goes its getting Sasuke back and their relationships towards each other.
Quote:
Nah, it was a scene that was in character for Sakura. Bitch is bipolar after all.
Whatever dude, it wasn't a platonic hug.
Quote:

It makes no sense for her to be spontaneous and open minded like Sakura, but her feelings and devotion for Naruto is just as strong if not stronger than Sakura's. Her showing proves she would never abandon Naruto or be hesistant to save him. Hinata would act out for Naruto, if it meant pleasing him. Just like Sakura did for Sasuke on Naruto's behalf.
Ok, I'm not denying her devotion. Just how she'd show it.
Quote:
J mans failures are his own fault, he doesn't need to be the same as Naruto in terms of comparable status quo. Your basing his failures off of something Naruto never did up until now and thats conjecture on your part. Hinata is more a base of Naruto's nindo then any character shown so far, I'd hardly call her a plot device. She has a family, backround and a sense of being a loser and hardworker like Naruto is being the one who basically based her growth off of his. J man and Tsunade similar with Naruto and Sakura is also conjecture, just because the Teachers and the students are the same doesn't mean their love lives have to be intertwined as well.
They don't have to be, it's being contrasted by Kishi that it is going to be. And what are we even bothering talking about if it's not conjecture? You're just on the other side of it.
Quote:
But the pairing your basing off is a unorthodox situation between the bond between a guy and a girl who like each other because of one person in piticular. How is that even right?
It doesn't have to be "right" it just has to work together as a story. I see that happening.
Quote:
What work? he's got them closer because of his own theme of bonds, and really Naruto and Sakura have no basis outside of Sasuke and his descent towards darkness.
The basis on why Naruto likes her is because he saw himself in her as well. He only explained this briefly in part 1. But Sasuke is the intertwining force between them for the moment. I think it will be more after this situation's resolution.
Quote:
But if you want my opinion... but I don't see her stomping on Hinata's heart without her concent on how she feels.
That's fine you are welcome to your opinion on how this will go. I'm welcome to mine and I believe it will go NaruSaku. I'm not sure how Sakura will address Hinata's feelings, if at all. I think another way to interpret the scene where she noticed Hinata's feelings, is that it may have given her some inner awakening towards her true feelings.
Old 2009-09-15, 13:27   Link #2998
Takashipl

Quote:
Sakura may still be Tsunade in skill but romance wise, she's any other lucky girl with a love story. Hinata just basically strecthed to love connection to Naruto by extremes means. Naruto would be a shit hole to deny this.
Then, why for God's sake we didn't see anything about Hinata's confession after that? Not a single clue, no flashbacks from Naruto, like it never happened. He went ballistic after she was stabbed, but i stand that if Sakura was in her place, the same thing would happen.

Quote:
So it's all about what Naruto wants because you feel he deserves the broad with the less plot relation and the annoying traits instead of kind, beutiful and overall better Hinata?
Less plot relation? I don't see it that way, Sakura has waaay more plot relation to Naruto than Hinata. As for her traits of Sakura and Hinata: i can't help it, i like tsundere Hinata's too kind for my taste, too perfect. You said "overall better" - that's your opinion, i respect it, but I beg to differ.

Quote:
The reason she has little development is because Sakura hogs all the spotlight as a the female protagonist,
Doesn't that light up a light in your head that maybe this means Hinata isn't so important?

Quote:
What development, all she does is heal and cry and then attempt to be funny by knocking Naruto around. Compare that to a hyuuga heiress who creates lion fists from thin air.
Ahem Her hard training, super human strength, and all that is nothing? Hinata obviously also trained, everybody did. In terms of power i'd say Sakura advanced further than Hinata in relation to part 1.

Quote:
Temari is already taken, this ShikaTema stuff is easily predictable don't you agree?
Of course, that was a joke

I see you like Hinata better - I like her too (not as much as Sakura, but still), i appreciate well written NaruHina fics, but I'm afraid that's all there is and will be - fiction.

And about SasuSaku, which most shippers of NaruHina also support (because it takes Sakura away from Naruto). I see SasuSaku as probable as Zutara - Sasuke is a dick and doesn't deserve a chick Sakura overcoming her crush for Sasuke and starting to love Naruto is more reasonable to me.
Sasuke betrayed both of them, he tried to kill Naruto (twice) and her (once). I don't see how she would love him after that.
Old 2009-09-15, 17:24   Link #2999
ajnas
Banned

Quote:
Sakura beating an Akatsuki and finding the lead that lead to the next arc does move the story foward so I don't know what you're talking about. The last Sakura chapter is more than enough proof that Sakura has relevance to the plot.
Funny, Rescuing Gaara was more important than finding Oro's hideout. Even Deidara gave the location to Naruto where Oro was as well. It's still irrelevant. Now Sakura is back bunner compared to what the current story is heading. I'm sorry I don't see how Sakura could matter in a story telling viewpoint thats irrelevant to her character in general.

Quote:
Time and time again? I call BS. Naruto is doing it for Sakura because he made a promise to her and he loves her. Naruto isn't doing it for acceptance. He's past that. The whole village loves him. Naruto wants Sasuke back because Sasuke is his friend and he doesn't give up on friends. Jiraiya was the same but ultimately gave up.
No, not only is this pure NaruSaku bull**** but you are off your rocker if you think Naruto is doing this for the sake of one girl and his generic status quo of never giving up.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/451/08/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/451/09/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/451/10/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/455/06/

And theres more, but it's main root stems back way more than the POAL.

J man never felt passionate about Orochuimaru, in fact he hated him after he left him. Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry and bond is stronger than the feelings he has for Sakura. And thats fact.

Quote:
Sakura and Tsunade are pretty much identical in everything except appearance and name.
Personality wise yes, backround and story progression wise, they aren't even on the same lenth of relevance.
Quote:
Them having different relevance to the plot doesn't mean anything.
It means everything because Sakura and Tsunade barely connect in the manga as is and share experiences with common problems like Naruto does with J man or Sasuke with Madara. Sakura has no story relevance.
Quote:
Oro and sasuke have different plot relevance. Jiriaya and Naruto have different plot relevance. That doesn't mean the three sannin parrelel doesn't hold.
But Oro was evil and twisted to the core while Sasuke was misguided and tragic but still carried a sense of morals. J man had no parents or major best friend like Naruto he had a strong bond with frogs and tsunade and thats it. The parrelel holds no merit if the former or latter don't match each others experiences and goals.

Quote:
Hinata has had minor character development that many teenage school girls go through. Big whoop. Just one chapter. A whole arc was based on Shikimaru.
Hinata did something that was new and completely unpredictible, confess love to the main character. Naruto has never heard someone tell them they love him. At all. I fail to see how thats minor development.
Quote:
Please don't compare the two. Hinata has not managed to be a medium of love and respect for Naruto so i don't know what you're talking about there, either.
Read my post carefully I said, Hinata shares a medium of similarity and love like Naruto has with Sakura but hers is more geniune than Naruto's.
Quote:
In order to be a medium of love and respect Naruto must reciprocate her feelings which he hasn't even hinted of doing so.
Thats because this mofo is stupid as hell and never seen the hints from her up until now.
Quote:
By your logic Naruto is a medium of love and respect to Sakura. Hinata only liked Naruto because she saw how extraverted he was and she wanted to be like that.
Oh now we play the shoe on the other foot, by your logic, Naruto liked Sakura because he saw how much Sasuke was a steeping stone to her and wanted to acknowledge his existance like him. Hinata did love Naruto for those reasons, but she loved him because he was a inspiration to her life and character and a becaon of light when she had no hope while as Naruto with Sakura was just a school yard crush trying to win over her affections that involve his rivalry with Sasuke.

Quote:
My point still stands.
Your point is weak because it's Sakura's tie in with Naruto and Sasuke not Sakura's equal to Naruto as his love interest.

Quote:
Narusaku is more dramatic than Naruhina and Sasusaku. Your logic, not mine
NaruHina and Sasusaku both have love confessions while NaruSaku has ambigous scenes not interpetted in the story as a context of the story but more likely pairing wank. I'd take the direct approach over the ambigousity.

Quote:
Yes they do. Madara's way and Orochimaru's way are the same: Hatred and Revenge.
Oro never revenge, just power. Oro was obessessed with getting power and living forever. He was basically evil incarnate.

Quote:
Pain maybe, but it's been emphasised in the latest chapters that Sasuke has surpassed Itachi. Orochimaru commented that Sasuke would surpass Itachi and Sasuke himself proved it when he was able to beat Itachi's stronger MS genjutsu with a weaker regular sharingan. It's theme of the bloody manga, for crying out loud.
Sasuke's skill is still below Itachis, no amount of hax will counter that fact.

Quote:
None of this is making any sense whatsoever.
Maybe your too ignorant.
Quote:
I don't see what Kakashi has to do with anything and I never said anything about Jiriaya's teacher.
Jiraya said he failed to save his teacher Sandaime, yet Naruto still has Kakashi alive.
Quote:
Jiraiya has more experience in sage mode. It's pretty damn obvious that Naruto will surpass him here.
Okay.
Quote:
Actually Jiraiya seeked it out first and told of it to Pain. It is a big deal, regardless of the fact that Naruto got it from someone and not Jiraiya. Same with the Sasuke thing.
True, J man wrote books though and Nagato got his inspiration from J man and became Pain through Jiraya's words. He promoted the peace idealism before J man said it in context.
Quote:
The girl can not be anyone. Jiraiya loved Tsunade and Naruto's and Sakura's relationship parralels with theirs.
J man loved Tsunade but he still accepted Dan being Tsunades love and Tsunade hasn't regretted either. So by your logic, Naruto will accept Sakura's love with Tsunade as a sign of his growth for the main purpose of him trying to restore team 7. Like I said, J man never had a Hinata. Naurto's girl can be anyone, Sakura can't be with Sasuke because she along with her whole entire goal was to love Sasuke, that was her dream. Why can't you accept that?

Quote:
Yes. Because Hinata is nothing more than a plot device and doesn't count as a secondary love interest.
Plot devices don't have major contributes to the main hero romantic wise or not, this was branched in part 1 as well. Also Hinata like Sakura said I love you to the front of the main character in the most important arc of Naruto's character.
Quote:
No more so than Rock Lee would for Sakura.
Lee never confessed his love to Sakura like Hinata did.
Quote:
I don't see how Hinata fits with Naruto's nindo. Isn't Naruto's nindo is to never give up? That relates more to Sakura doesn't it?
When has Hinata ever given up after the neji fight she's been succumbed to being a character who carries the will of fire and has always used Naruto's example. And
Quote:
why would Jiraiya have a love interest in Orochimaru? Jiraiya did try and get Orochimaru back but Orochimaru attacked him instead.
J man always was jealous of Oro's talent but he never had a brother like bond with him, they were enemies. Oro was just a plain douche bag. J man was a man who was good to his friends but he never put Oro as a standard of his growth and choices in life, that was Tsunade.
Quote:
That's why he left Konoha. To follow Orochimaru and gain information on the organization he joined - The Akatsuki. It's why he couldn't become hokage after Minato died and sarutobi had to fill in.
I thought he gave up on Oro because he was a bastard who did bad things behind the scenes and shamed Sarutobi their teacher. Hell Tsunade never liked Orochimaru to begin with and her killing their teacher confirms the Sannin had a hate dynamic that J man and Tsunade carried to their graves reguarding Oro.
Quote:
This also parralels with Naruto since when Sasuke asked naruto why didn't focus more on becoming Hokage, Naruto responded that could someone become Hokage if they couldn't even save their friends. Why do you think Jiraiya still refused to become Hokage after Sarutobi died?
Team 7 is nothing like Team Sannin, at all. Naruto is not J man in terms with his rivaly with Sasuke or Orochimaru and Sakura is nothing like Tsunade who hated Orochimaru instead of crushing on him like Sasuke. Oro left village to form his own because Sarutobi hated his methods but couldn't kill him, hell Sarutobi was the only person who showed true compassion and friendship with Oro than J man and Tsunade did. J man regretted making peace with Oro in his death bed but facts show he was a lost cause to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clawer123 View Post
I really want to say again.. it is somewhat i have read some post that quite distract me i am so sorry if i had no direct sense of posting and i kinda make used in addressing in general format.
Okay.

Quote:
REMEMBER the philosophies made by Kishi surpassing the older generation. Naruto can make his own decision but it is still RELATED on succession the previous ones. IT IS QUITE IMPORTANT and ALSO BONDS (read Let's Fighting Love POST for more)
Naruto's theme is to defy prvious failures of others actions. Not repeat them. BONDS, ACCEPTANCE, AND WILL OF FIRE is the main theme of the manga. Not love fates, Naruto is supposed to defy it. J man and Tsunade had their own reasons for going their ways, but for J man to regret wining her and Tsunade to cry losing him doesn't mean Naruto and Sakura are going to fill their shoes. Naruto repating J mans love for Sakura is not changing fate, it's repeating it. Fact is, NaruHina and SasuSaku had development not resolved completely in the direction of the story, left unsaid. Sasuke left and Hinata is somewhere with the rookies. Naruto has heard her speak her feelings, and Sakura has never directly compared her feelings with Sasuke to Naruto as of yet. By the way this manga is going, the two with find love with their original companions by the manga's end. Naruto hasn't accepted Hinata and Sasuke hasn't accepted Sakura. It's called foreshadowing.
Quote:
Sai's encountering on Sakura is not making tensions he just WANT TO CLEAR THINGS OUT.. even he does not know what are the happenings on team 7.. he is more concerned what is happening at the PRESENT..the state he saw Naruto's rare deep feelings about Sakura and how far he will do..
Sai never brought up Hinata anywhere in Sakura's conversation nor Sasuke, in current times, he brought up a misconception of a past thought that doesn't tie to the current mindset of the main character. He never saw Hinata confess, he doesn't know Sakura has feelings for Sasuke, he doesn't know about Sakura's reason to bring back Sasuke, and he still has no clue why Naruto cares so damn much about Sasuke. It's his guess. The present is being implied by the most emotionally retarded ninja in the manga in terms of insight with Naruto and Sakura's emotions. Come on.
Quote:
and about Hinata.. it is quite clear the conclusion there is the HUG.. she saw and she ACCEPTED.. nothing more
and AGAIN and AGAIN..
Hinata saw the Hug, and smiled. Thats is. The chapter was called the joyful village, not the joyfull village with a new found love. It was impling the love for Naruto from everyone, not just Sakura.
Quote:
The Confession of Hinata is on her development of CHARACTER NOT NARUHINA.. and if you satisfied in this statement and still insist it is path for NARUHINA/ must solved first etc...(also implies SasuSaku)
It does, because Sakura knew of Hinata's love also and made a statement that indicates she's sad because Hinata almost died for Naruto. She's the biggest NaruHina fan I've ever seen.

Quote:
read again (in the manga) CHAPTER 3.. charming foreshadowing where Sakura must really know that Naruto disguised as Sasuke. and if Sakura knows that the man of her dreams is not Sasuke who really understood her in good/bad way, the it would be somewhat a canon? and it must be solved first.
Sakura never knew about Naruto henging as Sasuke, however she did compare Naruto to herself in terms of having a hard time being someone Sasuke can acknowledge. Sakura and Naruto are parellels to each other with their bond to Sasuke, even in her flash back, she was determined to win over Sasuke from Ino because of her new found confidence Ino helped restore. Naruto was never in the equation until they formed as a Team even then Sakura is sick of Naruto interfering with her love with Sasuke, and she said this to Sasuke directly.

Quote:
Indeed, and I see of them being Jiraiya's listed failures...
Jiraya loved Tsunade and let her go for his own noble reasons. He never made it a passion to win her heart. It was a failure that he never took seriously.

Quote:
Err...Kabuto? lol I wouldn't go that far. She can certainly be the strong, genius medical ninja, I'm not denying her of that. I'm just concentrating on this aspect more.
Well she has to be stronger than somebody.

Quote:
Far more than what? As far as Team 7 goes its getting Sasuke back and their relationships towards each other.
As far as I know Naruto and Sasuke were the strongest bond, Sakura and Sasuke were the weakest and were only on terms with protecting each other from death. It's not going to be the same, only Sasuke cares about Naruto on that team, Sakura has to show why she's a bond of Sasuke's without it being platonic. Because if you ask me, Kishimoto focused on the brotherly dynamic of Naruto and Sasuke and not anyone else that Sasuke had bonds with.

Quote:
Whatever dude, it wasn't a platonic hug.
Yeah it was. Other wise it wouldn't have been shown in public.

Quote:
Ok, I'm not denying her devotion. Just how she'd show it.
It's not character(hugging Naruto in front of people), Naruto would have to act first.

Quote:
They don't have to be, it's being contrasted by Kishi that it is going to be. And what are we even bothering talking about if it's not conjecture? You're just on the other side of it.
I see things for what the truly are thats all.

Quote:
It doesn't have to be "right" it just has to work together as a story. I see that happening.
It can't be right, it over steps the most powerful dynamics from one another and makes the plot and the characters that move it seem akward. I don't see Sasuke getting into Naruto and Sakura's love life at all or see him being a thrid wheel. It's Naruto and Sasuke that are the duo of destiny, not Naruto and Sakura. It's akward for Sasuke to see them happy and seperate from him if he gets redeemed, it's more like Naruto and Sasuke will stay together as friends and allies and rivals forever and Sakura is on Sasuke's side as his wife meaning their well versed in bonds for the new era.

Quote:
The basis on why Naruto likes her is because he saw himself in her as well. He only explained this briefly in part 1. But Sasuke is the intertwining force between them for the moment. I think it will be more after this situation's resolution.
He lieks her because Sasuke is also somebody who she wants to be acknowledged by, it's basically one Sasuke wank after another, no geniune feelings for love what so ever. Sasuke will always be these two force. Even till the day they die, they can't do a damn thing without Sasuke getting them rilied up.

Quote:
That's fine you are welcome to your opinion on how this will go. I'm welcome to mine and I believe it will go NaruSaku. I'm not sure how Sakura will address Hinata's feelings, if at all. I think another way to interpret the scene where she noticed Hinata's feelings, is that it may have given her some inner awakening towards her true feelings.
So basically you want NaruSaku to happen without any positive build up and sense of logic from the other side of the characters minset. It's just Ride or Die with NaruSaku. You sure have a poor sense of resolvement in stories. Sakura has feelings for Sasuke, if she had some feelings for Naruto, Sasuke would be the first to be in the picture of her choice to move on to somebody else, you just don't give feelings to somebody else for no reason other than vague speculation on what happens next. It's not logical on any terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashipl View Post
Then, why for God's sake we didn't see anything about Hinata's confession after that? Not a single clue, no flashbacks from Naruto, like it never happened. He went ballistic after she was stabbed, but i stand that if Sakura was in her place, the same thing would happen.
It's called suspense. It could of happened off panel like Sai flashbacking to Naruto about Sakura. Anyway, it would be shallow and very uninteresting if the newfound romance and dynamic happened suddenly without it being in a setting where it would be out of character for both characters with people looking at them. Main thing is, Kishi choose Hinata out of the whole cast to save and confess to Naruto at her supposed last moments. It was nessassary for Hinata and Naruto if they were going to go somewhere with their relationship of cat and mouse.

Quote:
Less plot relation? I don't see it that way, Sakura has waaay more plot relation to Naruto than Hinata. As for her traits of Sakura and Hinata: i can't help it, i like tsundere Hinata's too kind for my taste, too perfect. You said "overall better" - that's your opinion, i respect it, but I beg to differ.
Until I see her compared to the past figures of the orgins of the shinobi world in terms of story development, she's no more side character than Sai. I like tsunderes also, but Sakura fails at the portrayal where it gets to the point where she just is a bad character overall. Hinata has no bad traits, which why I like her because in essense she's a bigger women than Sakura will ever be because she keeps under control when the situation calls for it. But shows her humanity when it's nessassry.

Quote:
Doesn't that light up a light in your head that maybe this means Hinata isn't so important?
Maybe, but neither is Sakura compared to Sasuke and Naruto.

Quote:
Ahem Her hard training, super human strength, and all that is nothing? Hinata obviously also trained, everybody did. In terms of power i'd say Sakura advanced further than Hinata in relation to part 1.
Sakura's got plot fucked to be stronger than any of her female peers because of how much she sucked. And LOL, IMO Hinata's is obviously superior to Sakura in every way due to having the Hyuuga bloodline and taijutsu that blocks off her chakra blows. In terms of training, Hinata trains harder.

Quote:
Of course, that was a joke

I see you like Hinata better - I like her too (not as much as Sakura, but still), i appreciate well written NaruHina fics, but I'm afraid that's all there is and will be - fiction.
Calling a fictional pairing fictional? LOL if that wasn't ironic then I don't know what is. It's not like NaruSaku fics are in character as well.

Quote:
And about SasuSaku, which most shippers of NaruHina also support (because it takes Sakura away from Naruto). I see SasuSaku as probable as Zutara - Sasuke is a dick and doesn't deserve a chick Sakura overcoming her crush for Sasuke and starting to love Naruto is more reasonable to me.
Sasuke betrayed both of them, he tried to kill Naruto (twice) and her (once). I don't see how she would love him after that.
Tell me this what has Sakura done to deserve Naruto more than Hinata who treated him like a stupid and retarded screw up who was never greatful for his help until after Sasuke left. And whats more Sasuke has saved Sakura more than Naruto has in part 1, hell he was the first to cheer her up when she was acknowledging the door was a genjutsu in the chunnin building. It's fucking hilarious you find the negative things about my favorite pairing when theres more positive things you've overlooked. Sasuke is no better than Gaara in treating his comrades, but evenutally he was forgiven and Temari and Kankuro still love him more than anyone. Sakura doesn't deserve Naruto or Sasuke because she's a selfish and annoying third wheel to a grander scheme of bonds.

Anyway, it's still to early to resolve any pairings it's not Sakura's time yet.

Last edited by ajnas; 2009-09-15 at 17:34.
Old 2009-09-15, 18:03   Link #3000
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

This parallels the Orihime/rukia arguements in bleach in my mind because of the "One party confesses their feelings for a character" thing Naruto confessed feelings for sakura when they were younger but really not much else has been really shown that he is in love with her then or now maybe a crush...On Sakuras part she has shown feelings for naruto as of the more recent years but nothing leading to believe shes in love or will be with him. Now for Hinata...she been shown from the beginning(basically her only storyline)loving naruto...while naruto has never shown any knowledge of her feelings.